PDA

View Full Version : Great hot sauce!

dash66
01-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Here is the recipie for my hot sauce. It tastes MUCH better than tabbasco, but beware, this stuff is HOT!!!:hot: Definately not for wimps!

Dash66's Holy Hot Sauce*

8-10 Habanero peppers minced finely
1/2 medium onion sliced finely
10 cloves garlic minced finely
1" piece of ginger sliced thin
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 carrots

Bring vinegar to a simmer in a frying pan. Add peppers, onion, garlic and ginger and allow to simmer covered for 5 min. Remove cover (away from you so as to avoid getting a faceful of pepper fumes!) and pour into a blender. Add carrots and blend on high untill smooth. Bottle and refrigerate.

* So hot it will burn the HELL out of you

Mosca
01-18-2007, 09:40 AM
I'll give that one a try, Dash66. Let me ask you, have you tried a 50-50 of habaneros and either jalapenos or hot cherry peppers, for varying degrees of hotness?

And, I'd recommend always using rubber gloves when working with habaneros. I never use them without removing the seeds and inner membrane. There's nothing like rubbing your eye an hour later....

Tom

dash66
01-18-2007, 10:12 AM
I'll give that one a try, Dash66. Let me ask you, have you tried a 50-50 of habaneros and either jalapenos or hot cherry peppers, for varying degrees of hotness?

And, I'd recommend always using rubber gloves when working with habaneros. I never use them without removing the seeds and inner membrane. There's nothing like rubbing your eye an hour later....

Tom

I have tried mixing jalapenos as well, although when I do that, I usually don't add the carrots, and I add a little more garlic and onion. I haven't tried a mixture of just habs and cherry peppers, but I have another one that uses both of those as well as 5 other types of peppers (I call it 7 deadly sins)

I will agree about the gloves as well. I forgot to use them once, then forgot about it when I went to take out my contacts. I sure remembered when I went to put them back in!!! needless to say, I had to throw that pair of contacts away!