PDA

View Full Version : Questions about moderators/members...

58Lambert
01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I guess I?m naive cuz I?m a newbie and most likely this has been addressed before. But, I?ll ask my burning question anyway? why in the world would a diehard Pats fan (or any other team) want to be a moderator on a Steelers Board? In turn, how could a Steelers Board allow someone who is obviously anti-Steelers to become a moderator? I?m fully aware of possible team bashing between Boards doing fly-bys, but to become a mod puzzles the crap outa me. It makes me wonder how many more team Boards that person belongs to? maybe all 32 teams?!?! I?m not trying to stir up trouble, just extremely curious?

boLT fan
01-18-2007, 07:19 PM
I don't know about most people, I think a mod should be chosen on his responsibility and contributions to the website, (both of which LITP has a alot of) instead of just purely on what team they root for.

Big D
01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=13526

PisnNapalm
01-18-2007, 07:29 PM
LITP has been on this board for quite a while and proven his responsibility, maturity and football knowledge. Yes he's a Pats fan, but we can't all be perfect. :P

I actually like the idea of an "outsider" being a mod. I think he can be more objective and less emotional when evaluating some of the posts.

But most of all... I think LITP cares about the direction of this online community as a whole.

tony hipchest
01-18-2007, 08:00 PM
:chuckle: this subject is taboo and the thread will soon be closed. :rulez:

Preacher
01-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Maybe it would be better if the "official answer" was put in a sticky in the announcements, then that way we don't keep getting threads on it.

Just a thought.

HometownGal
01-18-2007, 08:45 PM
I think in the future, if anyone has questions as to Mike's choice of Mods, it would be in the best interests of the board and its members if those questions were directed to the Administrator via PM.

Thread CLOSED.