PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bell P Signs with Steelers

Annihilator
01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Link is Steelers.com

If we Release Gardocki for Barr also saves $1m against our cap next year

Its not big news but consider we are tight against the Cap every bit helps if he beats him out

SCSTILLER
01-19-2007, 12:12 PM
I personally thought that Barr punted better in preseason than Gardocki. Plus, I little extra money under the cap always helps.

SteelersHoss
01-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Gardocki killed us many games last year. need a new Kicker

Broncos724
01-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Wow that scared me for a second, I thought you meant the Broncos' Mike Bell...:p

Preacher
01-19-2007, 04:09 PM
I know many are hating on Gardocki... But how many of you remember blocked punts that led to touchdowns or fieldgoals against us? Especially at crucial points of the game?

Point is, I will take a 35/40 yard punt over a blocked punt any day.

Shame we can't carry two punters, and put Gardocki out only when we need a gaurenteed punt!!

Stlrs4Life
01-19-2007, 05:35 PM
I know many are hating on Gardocki... But how many of you remember blocked punts that led to touchdowns or fieldgoals against us? Especially at crucial points of the game?

Point is, I will take a 35/40 yard punt over a blocked punt any day.

Shame we can't carry two punters, and put Gardocki out only when we need a gaurenteed punt!!

I say cut Gardocki now, and sign Barr full time. Liked Gardocki, but he's losing it.

Hines0wnz
01-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Motivational signing for Gardocki I'm sure.

NV STEELERS 723
01-19-2007, 07:05 PM
This one is on the new HC.....on who he decides.... amazing huh ???

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Good........Gardocki hasnt exactly been kickin the ball like he should.....Its great he played so long...and doesnt have any blocked punts........but i think its time he moves on

Mosca
01-19-2007, 10:14 PM
I dunno, most punters don't get kicks blocked very often. I'll take an extra 10 yards of field position on every punt for the minute extra risk of a block.

How many punts were blocked TOTAL in the NFL last year, or over the last 5 years?

Tom

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-20-2007, 01:16 AM
I dunno, most punters don't get kicks blocked very often. I'll take an extra 10 yards of field position on every punt for the minute extra risk of a block.
How many punts were blocked TOTAL in the NFL last year, or over the last 5 years?
Tom

Everything you wanted to know about punts but were afraid to ask....The most blocked punts in a year goes to drum roll please.......

6 blocked punts Harry Newsome Pittsburgh (1988) --- ironic isn't it.

http://www.football.com/nfl/records/NFLPunting.shtml