PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-19-2007, 02:30 PM
With pick # 15 and no MAJOR hole in our team

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-19-2007, 02:33 PM
I could see the Steelers trading down in their draft to pick up another 2nd or third rounder.
Trading up last year cost us a few picks and we get them back!!!

tony hipchest
01-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I could see the Steelers trading down in their draft to pick up another 2nd or third rounder.
Trading up last year cost us a few picks and we get them back!!!we swapped our 1st, with the giants 1st. our 2nd with the giants 3rd, and we gave up a 4th rounder (we had 2)

we probably wouldve taken a. smith with our 2nd anyways, but we ended up getting him with the giants 3rd.

all we really lost was a 4th rounder. very cheap price to pay as far as we moved up in the 1st round. i think we stay at 15 UNLESS we can work out another great trade for value like we did last season.

polamalufan43
01-19-2007, 02:57 PM
hmm.... I think that we did good last year with the exception of one move, but all are praying that we do fine this year.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

PalmerSteel
01-19-2007, 06:39 PM
i say with no glaring needs and already having extra picks in the latter rounds, we stay right there at 15 and see which one of these top 5 guys around that pick falls in to our lap:
1) Ted Ginn Jr., WR Ohio State
2)LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB Michigan
3) Lawrence Timmons OLB Florida State
4)Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC
5)Quentin Moses, DE/OLB Georgia

:tt02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-19-2007, 06:42 PM
If we pick this high I would like to see an upgrade on defense....

OneForTheToe
01-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Yea, I agree. Defense or O'line. WR in the first roud two years in a row seems too much like something the Lion's or Raider's would do.

Of course, the present Super Bowl count is: Rooney's 5, Oneforthetoe's 0 So, I figure they know what they are doing, usually. :thumbsup:

vlad
01-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Well, if I had to make the choice, I'd go the extra-cautious route and trade down to somewhere in the 20s, hopefully securing an 08 first rounder from a team chasing a QB. In the 20s, I envision one of those top linebackers still being around - Timmons, Buster Davis, Patrick Willis (I particularly like Willis) - and us snapping him up. Quite frankly, the early 2nd round is where there's a run on linebackers as there was last year, so if we're picking say 26th, we should have our pick of quality guys. Last year D'Qwell Jackson and DeMeco Ryans were picked early in the 2nd. If we get a tackling machine like Ryans, I think I can wait till next year to get that impact player.

What the STEELERS will do is highly likely to be sit at 15 and wait for the dumb franchises before us screw up their picks (Because you know you can't be picking in the top 10 if you're a superbly run organisation). Then when some stud like Adrian Peterson (seriously guys, I see another Tomlinson here) drops to us, we pick him and pat ourselves on the back. So trading up seems unlikely and, in my view, unnecessary.

Elvis
01-20-2007, 04:55 PM
:tt02: First of all... I love Patrick Willis from Ole' Miss as well.. he would loook real good in Black N Gold. But he may not be here at 15. So, then I take Buster Davis from FSU. I think that MLB or DB or O Line should be very high priority for our team to look at.:wave:

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Don't pick a WR First. That's all I can say.