PDA

View Full Version : AFC/NFC Game running back situation

tony hipchest
01-19-2007, 03:09 PM
dillon/maroney- 1st round picks (i think dillon was a 1st rounder)-share the load
jones/benson- high 1st round picks - share the load
mccalister/bush- high to mid 1st round picks - share the load
addai/rhodes- 1st round pick + ufa - share the load

last weeks losers- alexander, lewis, westbrook dont really have anyone to share the load with. (tomlinson does but doesnt really need it. its pretty much a consensus that they could as easilly be playing in this weeks game as the pats).

coincidence? it is definitely a copy cat league and it looks like the steelers formula for winning last season is being copied. willie is the main guy and featured back but it definitely seems appearant that next year he needs a compliment. maybe even a 1st day pick.

if we didnt have other obvious needs i'd even say a 1st round pick. any 1st round cast offs like t. jones out there?

Preacher
01-19-2007, 05:12 PM
dillon/maroney- 1st round picks (i think dillon was a 1st rounder)-share the load
jones/benson- high 1st round picks - share the load
mccalister/bush- high to mid 1st round picks - share the load
addai/rhodes- 1st round pick + ufa - share the load

last weeks losers- alexander, lewis, westbrook dont really have anyone to share the load with. (tomlinson does but doesnt really need it. its pretty much a consensus that they could as easilly be playing in this weeks game as the pats).

coincidence? it is definitely a copy cat league and it looks like the steelers formula for winning last season is being copied. willie is the main guy and featured back but it definitely seems appearant that next year he needs a compliment. maybe even a 1st day pick.

if we didnt have other obvious needs i'd even say a 1st round pick. any 1st round cast offs like t. jones out there?

Which is why I say actually spend the second round pick on a RB... save the first for a CB, or if a good one comes, a LB. and get the other in FA.

I still say a second round pick on Bush from Louisville would be worth it. Yeah, he may be injury prone, but the upside is tremendous.

sumo
01-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Which is why I say actually spend the second round pick on a RB... save the first for a CB, or if a good one comes, a LB. and get the other in FA.

I still say a second round pick on Bush from Louisville would be worth it. Yeah, he may be injury prone, but the upside is tremendous.

I agree if Bush is available - he would be perfecto!

Hines0wnz
01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
It would be super-great-awesome to get a nice back in the 1st round to complement Willie but if you dont have a good O-line then the Steelers will run the ball like the Cardinals. Let's be real and honest, O-line is an honest concern along with the LB positions. It wont matter what great back is in there if he is struggling to get to the line of scrimmage when he gets the ball.