PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Sign Mike Barr

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Just watching Stan Savran's show and the Steelers have signed Punter Mike Barr today.....WOO HOO!!!! :cheer:

oops didn't see the thread below..sorry for the duplication. All I saw was Mike Bell and I didn't know no punter named Mike Bell.

fansince'76
01-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Nice - maybe now we'll be able to keep teams from starting at their own 40 and beyond after punts.

iloveben7
01-19-2007, 09:20 PM
YAY~I met him at training camp and he seemed really nice and he's a great punter!!

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Nice - maybe now we'll be able to keep teams from starting at their own 40 and beyond after punts.

Amen to that. :cheers:

nicesteel4life
01-20-2007, 10:16 AM
SO AGREE! I just believe we should of had him last year, were lucky he wasent picked up by someone else. At camp last year he punted ALOT further than Gardocki. Gardocki does still not have a punt block, which is great. But seriously how many punts are blocked in a year throughout the NFL. I believe we could count on 1 hand? Maybe I am wrong but Distance has got to be more of an issue.

Actually just checked on NFL and there wasent a single Blocked Punt all Year!
Gardocki's longest of the year was only 56 Yards.....Only regular punter less than that was Feagles, Must be a PA thing!

Stlrs4Life
01-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Good, goodbye Gardocki.

Elvis
01-20-2007, 04:25 PM
:wink02: I AGREE 100000000000%...
Thank you for that so I wouldnt have to say it...:thumbsup: :wave:

WWIIOwheelz
01-20-2007, 05:06 PM
I agree, Gardocki had some terrible punts last year, but you can't fault him for horrible tackling. Our special teams this year sucked, for the most part. I saw some good hits later on in the year, but for the first 10 games, I held my breath on every kickoff.

I like the cap room it frees up, and am confident we'll have a good punter for far less.

Newzfoxjr
01-20-2007, 06:29 PM
I've only heard of one punt block this year, and that was the Saints one against Atlanta...

But yeah, I'd rather get a blocked punt like 1 time a season if it gets us some decent punts.

fansince'76
01-20-2007, 06:30 PM
I agree, Gardocki had some terrible punts last year, but you can't fault him for horrible tackling.

No, but I can fault him for the 25-30 yard line drives he kicked pretty much all year. I have a feeling the tackling will improve with a punter who can actually put some hang time on it (not to mention ALOT more distance) and allow our coverage team to get in better position to make tackles.

WWIIOwheelz
01-20-2007, 06:39 PM
True, but I swear, it seemed like the longer the kick was, the better chances they had for huge returns. That started to change towards the end of the year, I think. We can hope.