PDA

View Full Version : NFCCG : New Orleans Saints @ Chicago Bears

Livinginthe past
01-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Ok we are on the eve of this years conference championship games, so its about time we got the gametalk going.

Like most games in the NFC, and even in the playoffs, it will be a battle of obvious weaknesses.

Chicago possesses the 19th best running attack - Jones and Benson are solid rather than spectacular.

But, in their favor, they are pitted against the NFL's 23rd best run D - the Saints have leaked yard all season on the ground.

New Orleans possess a QB on fire in Drew Brees, who leads the NFL in passing yards, is 3rd in the NFL passer rating (best in NFC) - who will match up with a Chicago pass D that has struggled in recent weeks to pressure the QB but does have excellent ball hawking ability.

New Orleans has the 3rd best D (which I find surprising) against the pass and will be matched up against which ever Rex Grossman takes the field sunday.

The key to the game could well be the Saints ability to stop Chicago moving the ball on the ground, if you take away the Bears running game Grossman will be forced to make plays on a consistent basis - you wont often see the words 'Grossman' and 'consistent' in the same sentence unless they sandwich the word 'not'.

I have no doubt the Saints will be able to move the ball on the Bears D - turnovers , especially redzone turnovers will be absolutely key - Brees is savvy enough to take the underneath receiver if the long bomb isnt on.

My prediction is a Saints win - tepid, one-dimensional offenses have struggled in this years postseason - see Baltimore, Kansas, Dallas - I can see the Saints making enough plays on offense to force Grossman to carry the fight to them.

One thing to watch out for - Grossmans first couple of series (I highlighted this against Seattle) are a huge indicator for the rest of his game - if things go wrong early they quickly get worse, if things go well - he could be a real handful.

Saints 27 Bears 13

NM

Mosca
01-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Picking this one is like picking a coin toss. Essentially what you're doing is guessing which Rex Grossman is going to show up.

I'll guess that the good Grossman shows up and Bears win by 10. But who knows. 50-50 shot. Bad Grossman shows up and it's Saints by 17.

Tom

tony hipchest
01-20-2007, 03:06 PM
the saints will probably guess wrong and gear up to stop the run. this will leave their vulnerable seconday open and i expect lovie to go down with the ship if he has to with rex as the captain. fred thomas is the weak link and i think he will be attacked often.

i think the key here will be how the saints can react to the weather. the tampa bay bucs would always struggle in the cold, whereas the green bay packers had that long winning streak at lambeau when it was below 40 degrees. while weather isnt an indication of a win or loss it does have an impact. if the saints (d. brees knows cold weather from perdue) react well, this should be much like last weeks game and come down to a field goal.

another x factor will be brian urlacher. much like ray lewis, he is a player that can single handedly take over a game and raise the level of play from all his team mates. if they are down and need a miracle play, you can almost expect him to be the one to make it.

what makes this game especially hard to call is with d. hester and possibly r. bush returning the ball, the tides can turn in a flash. last weeks bears game was the closest and most exciting, i dont expect this one to be any different (unless of course the saints flop in the cold - i dont think they will)

urlacher is new mexicos most recognized athelete (and a fellow lobo). my daughter is named after walter payton. i gotta go with the bears.

27-24

Hines0wnz
01-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Saints have too many weapons on offense but I do agree with Hester being the X factor. If the Bears can force enough punts which will give Hester more touches then the game could stay close. Should be an intresting game but the Saints just have too many options against a dinged up Bears D.

NV STEELERS 723
01-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Nice info.... Go Saints ..........

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Some nice analysis, courtesy of Pat Kirwan.

Saints at Bears

1. The Saints are the highest scoring road team in the NFL with 29 points per game. In fact, in their last three road games -- against the Falcons, Giants and Cowboys -- they averaged 34 points a game and only gave up 12 points per contest.

2. In his last five games, Rex Grossman has thrown four touchdown passes, 10 interceptions, had 12 sacks and two fumbles. He averaged over two turnovers a game during that span. If Drew Brees gets two extra series because of Grossman, the Saints could hit the 29-point mark.

3. The Saints run defense gave up 4.9 yards per rush this season and are worse in the playoffs at 6.2.

4. The Bears linebackers don't blitz much, but Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs now have 87 tackles of two yards or less per tackle.

5. The Bears like eight in the box (safety down) against two back formations and they check to seven in the box against one back sets. Count how many times New Orleans runs the draw from the one back set and throws the deep pass from the two back sets. The film study says this is the way to go.

6. The challenge for the Bears is to not give up on the run game, even if they are down early by a touchdown or more.

7. The Saints will need to punt the ball out of bounds against Devin Hester. Last weekend, the Seahawks took the popular special teams coach approach and angled the punt between the numbers and the sideline. The intent was to reduce the usable field. This weekend, I asked five head coaches what to do about Hester. All five favored kicking the ball out of bounds.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 03:09 AM
If the saints dont make stupid mistakes I think they take this one 27-17

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 02:06 PM
The rookies (Colston and Bush) take over this game.
24-13 Saints.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 02:53 PM
too bad joe horn is injured. of all saints, he has really earned this experience. hard to root against him having an opportunity to play in the superbowl.

lilyoder6
01-21-2007, 03:00 PM
this is gonna be a good game...

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Gotta go with the home teams today.

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 03:13 PM
That field looks great just proves that a natural turf field can be kept up with the right effort

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Ruh-roh - Brees' fumbles. Shame, as the Saints seemed to be making a nice drive down the field. I still say the Saints win this one - 28-21.

GO SAINTS!

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 03:22 PM
gotta fall on the ball wally. the bears set up a punt return wall better than any other team.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Neither QB seems very aware of the pass rush.

Bears player should have just fallen the ball instead of trying to pick it up - these guys must be coached on what to do in these circumstances..no?

He looked like an oaf watching the ball roll through his own legs.

Looks like it could be a good game.

NM

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Why does every defensive player think they have to pick up the ball and make something happen? If their hands were that good they would be playing offense! Fall On The Ball!

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 03:23 PM
That field looks great just proves that a natural turf field can be kept up with the right effort

Then why did Chris Meyers just say the field was coming up in chunks with almost every play?

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Im a stiller fan if I dont see dirt between the hash marks it looks great!

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Grossman still appears to lack the necessary touch to throw to WR's on-the-run on underneath routes.

Looks like he can only throw with one speed - Howitzer.

The next drive will be interesting for Chicago - If Grossman struggles again Chicago could be in for a long day

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Im a stiller fan if I dont see dirt between the hash marks it looks great!

That's kind of sad. We should have one of the better fields in the NFL and we have the worst one. Maybe we should start a collection to buy some SprintTurf for Heinz Field.

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 03:30 PM
I agree litp Grossman doesnt look like he gained anything from the positive way he ended last weeks game.

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I agree Grossman doesnt look like he gained anything from the positive way he ended last weeks game.

Grossman = Steve Spurrier trained quaterback.

What do you want from the guy? I mean he can find his way to the stadium on his own, that should be good enough for Bears fans.

SteelCityMan786
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
That's kind of sad. We should have one of the better fields in the NFL and we have the worst one. Maybe we should start a collection to buy some SprintTurf for Heinz Field.

We have no need for Artifical Turf. The Rooney's know what football was made for. It's made for GRASS.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Wow - is Payton PISSED!!! (as he should be). Colston got stripped.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 03:33 PM
its safe to say vasher has good hands and SHOULDNT be falling on the ball. then again he does have the longest return in nfl history. every defensive player wants to make a play when they get the ball in their hands.

good move for the bears to try out the running game

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 03:34 PM
We have no need for Artifical Turf. The Rooney's know what football was made for. It's made for GRASS.

lol my thoughts also but I didnt want to get into the field discussion again. Atleast not on this thread.

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Troy Aikman said he doesn't like the call....I say go for it.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 03:37 PM
i would take the field goal and the gift 3 points but they showed bears are 10-14 on 4th down conversions

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
its safe to say vasher has good hands and SHOULDNT be falling on the ball. then again he does have the longest return in nfl history. every defensive player wants to make a play when they get the ball in their hands.

good move for the bears to try out the running game

There arent many Vashers though # 93 should have fell on the ball no doubt.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Great stop Saints D on 3rd and 1.

Statement play.

NM

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Grossman is pretty much a joke....he doesn't deserve to win

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow - there is Grossmans finesse touch again.

Wide open!

Attempting to call two timeouts in a row - Grossmans head is all over the place - I dont think he is NFL quality.

NM

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Howitzer

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 03:42 PM
settling for 3 has almost got to take some wind out of the bears sails, especially after picking up the 1st down and missing a wide open clark in the endzone.

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 03:42 PM

That'd be great if we had grass. Right now, we have dirt. Huge difference.

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Great stand for NO to come away only 3 down.

tony hipchest
knee was down, but im not sure the saints will be able to ward of this defense and special teams all day.

MACH1
he was down

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Chicago does gang tackle/ball stripping plays better than anyone - props to the Bears coaches.

Baltimore tried that last week, but made the mistake of trying it with only one guy making the tackle.

Wonder which way this'll go.

NM

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Grossman's showing how green he is today. Tried to call 2 consecutive TOs, misses a sure TD on 1st down, has 3rd down pass batted away.
With all the fumbles, Saints are showing they aren't used to being there.
We all know how turnovers can kill a team.

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 03:46 PM
knee was down, but im not sure the saints will be able to ward of this defense and special teams all day.

Chicago will eventually implode. Grossman isn't built for big time playoff football and Lovie Smith has yet to prove he can be a big time playoff coach.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 03:47 PM
he was down

Darned tootin' he was - the refs blew that one big time.

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Darned tootin' he was - the refs blew that one big time.

Are you all that surprised?

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 03:48 PM
im pulling for the bears, but i dont like that non reversal.

sidenote: if tomlin is hired, and our current defense scrapped, i think the bears special team coach might be a good candidate for d coord. we seem to like those who have made cowhers footsteps up through the ranks.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Chicago will eventually implode. Grossman isn't built for big time playoff football and Lovie Smith has yet to prove he can be a big time playoff coach.well shawn payton hasnt proved it either. bears did good with kyle orton at qb. grossman can implode. the defense wont and i think chicagos special teams is one of the best coached units in the league.

MACH1
lucky to only give up 6 pts.

fansince'76
he was down

Agreed - HORRIBLE call, and an even worse non-reversal.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Are you all that surprised?

Sadly, no.

Saints are still alive - score could be 14-0 but thankfully is only 6-0. C'mon Saints - hold onto the damned ball.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Sadly, no.

Saints are still alive - score could be 14-0 but thankfully is only 6-0. C'mon Saints - hold onto the damned ball.

Saints are playing like we did this year.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 03:55 PM
C'mon Saints - hold onto the damned ball.

Buck and Aikman have both mentioned that the Saints supposedly worked on "ball security" all week - sure as hell doesn't look like it.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 03:55 PM
the funny thing is that Brees is playing well and Grossman is not but the bears are winning

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I stil like the Saints - funnily enough those last two (scoring) drives by the Bears will dent the confidence of the Chicago and probbaly the coaches confidence in Grossman.

The Saints have 'big play ability' but need to do a better job protecting the QB on 'known passing downs' - you dont want your best player taking big hits so early in the game.

I think NO is passing to set up the run - there are yards to be had by Deuce and Reggie , but especially Deuce, today on the ground.

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Let's see if Grossman can take advantage of good field position and not blow it again.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 03:59 PM
urlacher is just now starting to heat up. hes been in on most plays but is beginning to make his presense felt. great coverage on coulston on 3rd and 19. had he caught the ball he was gonna get jacked up, or fumble, or both.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I think NO is passing to set up the run - there are yards to be had by Deuce and Reggie , but especially Deuce, today on the ground. it aint gonna happen

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Rex finally got one

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 04:02 PM
i am thinking TD this time

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 04:02 PM
If the Bears can punch it in here, they have all the momentum and control.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 04:04 PM
another Saints D stop

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Saints' D has done a good job for the most part considering some of the holes they have been put in so far.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 04:05 PM
That PI on the Saints was big

tony hipchest
moose was open despite the slip. i cant figure out why they cant or wont get a fade to him in the redzone.

Hines0wnz
All the TOs and NO is still in this game. I wonder how long the Bears can keep up the intensity on D.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 04:06 PM
I think you really ned to be able to sell run and pass in the redzone to have success - Grossman is an absolute liability - he makes bad decisions..and then executes them badly.

The Saints need to 'feel' where this game is at - Champions make the plays at the right time - a TD drive here would give them e real shot in the arm and intensify the questioning of Rex.

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Saints are buckling down in the Redzone, it's keeping them in it.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 04:07 PM
it aint gonna happen

How many yards will they run for?

Less than 80?

I think they will top 100.

NM

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 04:07 PM
r. gould was my ff waiver wire pick up of the year in week 2. i used to love these games this past season

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 04:09 PM
who knew this would be a defensive battle? the Bears are making the Saints play their game.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
How many yards will they run for?

Less than 80?

I think they will top 100.

NM-80 sounds about right. i would definitely take the under if it was at 100.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
YEAH DREW! 1st down.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Brees is getting no time.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 04:13 PM
The Saints have got to get it together. It's only a 9-0 deficit, but it could be a lot worse. Hopefully, Payton will bang their heads together in the locker room at the half and they'll come out with guns a-blazin.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 04:16 PM
here come the Bears

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 04:17 PM
The Saints have got to get it together. It's only a 9-0 deficit, but it could be a lot worse. Hopefully, Payton will bang their heads together in the locker room at the half and they'll come out with guns a-blazin.i almost feel the longer the bears can keep the saints from abandoning their run game the better. you always want more points, but the saints can put up points quick if the bears go into prevent.

wow. t. jones is ready to play. nice to see desmond clark finally get some pub.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Jones, Jones and more Jones.....damn.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 04:18 PM
The Saints have got to get it together. It's only a 9-0 deficit, but it could be a lot worse. Hopefully, Payton will bang their heads together in the locker room at the half and they'll come out with guns a-blazin.

If the Bears actually had a QB, this game would be pretty much over by now.

Never mind, it might be over now anyway.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 04:19 PM
1st and goal at the 10. play action and fade to moose.... nope another 7 yd run by jones. odd for him to ask for a blow after that play.

2nd and goal at the 2 with benson in...another good time to call the fade.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 04:21 PM
If the Bears actually had a QB, this game would be pretty much over by now.

Yep. TD Bears. 16-0 isn't insurmountable - hopefully the Saints can get it together in the second half.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 04:22 PM
That is what you call running down hill. Beautiful drive by the Bears for the TD.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Thats a winner - drive without letting your QB throw the ball.

This game is still there for the Saints - Brees needs to score on this drive - the NO D looks out on their feet - thats pretty bad isn;t it?

They need to forget the score and get back to a balanced attack - McAllister and Bush are good wepaons out of the backfield.

We'll see what coach of the year Payton is made of here.

NM

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 04:25 PM
i dont think coulston likes being covered by urlacher.

as i say that he makes a great grab with urlacher in coverage

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 04:26 PM
This game is still there for the Saints - Brees needs to score on this drive - the NO D looks out on their feet - thats pretty bad isn;t it?

The Saints are fortunate they're not down 28-0 right now - the only thing that has saved the Saints so far is their D - Chicago has been camped on their side of the field all day so far.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 04:27 PM
i dont think coulston likes being covered by urlacher.

Him and every other NFL offensive player! :flap:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Boy thats a strange timeout call.

Burning that takse away the threat of a run.

Odd.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 04:28 PM
draw play anyone?

NM

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 04:28 PM
The Saints OL has got to give Brees a little more time to throw. He's forced to run around like a chicken with his head cut off out there.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 04:30 PM
BIG catch for the Saints there.

HometownGal
TD SAINTS!!!! WOO HOO!! :cheer:

Indy_Steelers
TD SAINTS!!!!!

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Beautiful drive by the Saints.

Livinginthe past
There we go.

Saints back in the game.

Nice drive Brees et al.

16-7 doesn't losk so bad, and Grossman isnt going to be any better in the 2nd half

NM

Hines0wnz
Saints' TD...WOW!

I was just thinking this game is eerily similar to the Paties-Bolts game last week and Brees marches down the field and gets a TD late in the 1st half.

Indy_Steelers
Him and every other NFL offensive player! :flap:

He did not seem to bother The Bus:tt02:

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 04:32 PM
the best thing the saints couldve done it abandon the run. it takes urlacher out of the box and as good as he is in coverage, he can only cover 1 guy.

that td wasnt a case of the bears playing "prevent" either. brees made some really good plays and throws.

Livinginthe past
The Saints are fortunate they're not down 28-0 right now - the only thing that has saved the Saints so far is their D - Chicago has been camped on their side of the field all day so far.

Thats what a Defense is for.

You can bet they'll have an extra spring back in their step after the offense just put 7 on the board.

NM

Hines0wnz
He did not seem to bother The Bus:tt02:

I should have said current NFL players? :flap:

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Saints needed that TD drive in the worst possible way.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 04:34 PM
bears playing conservative with 40 seconds and 2 t.o.

bad move.

get your head in the game grossman

Indy_Steelers
The Saints OL has got to give Brees a little more time to throw. He's forced to run around like a chicken with his head cut off out there.

He needs to just step up in the pocket and buy himself some time

Elvis
yeh.. that TD is just what the doctor ordered for the Saints.. they need to quit turning the ball over.. that is killin' the Saints chances. Other than that the Bears haven't done that much..:wave:

boLT fan
01-21-2007, 04:35 PM
That Brees fumble looked awfully familiar.

fansince'76
Thats what a Defense is for.

You can bet they'll have an extra spring back in their step after the offense just put 7 on the board.

NM

Yep, that drive for 7 could be a huge momentum changer for the Saints going into the 2nd half.

Hines0wnz
the best thing the saints couldve done it abandon the run. it takes urlacher out of the box and as good as he is in coverage, he can only cover 1 guy.

that td wasnt a case of the bears playing "prevent" either. brees made some really good plays and throws.

Unlike Brady's monumentally-classic drive last week against the Bolts at the end of the first half.

:jerkit: :rolleyes:

Indy_Steelers
I should have said current NFL players? :flap:

OK:cheers:

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 04:40 PM
That Brees fumble looked awfully familiar.

Funny how no one called the refs "homers" after that challenged fumble by Lewis. :wink02:

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Unlike Brady's monumentally-classic drive last week against the Bolts at the end of the first half.

:jerkit: :rolleyes:

:chuckle:

the saints definitely gained some momentum BUT the bears last drive was excellent with t. jones gaining all 69 yds.

ball controll vs. "duck and chuck" in the 2nd half. im thinking ball controll will win. brees can only duck so many times before another fumble or int is thrown.

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 04:48 PM
:chuckle:

the saints definitely gained some momentum BUT the bears last drive was excellent with t. jones gaining all 69 yds.

ball controll vs. "duck and chuck" in the 2nd half. im thinking ball controll will win. brees can only duck so many times before another fumble or int is thrown.
I agree tony, but the way Grossman's playing, he's bound to give the ball up a time or two in the 2nd half. Saints O-line will have to buck up if they are going to have a chance to win.

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 04:54 PM
That block in the back penalty was huge. What was that like a 40+ yd penalty after the run came back?

MACH1
01-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Nice

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Bush is GONE!!!!! TD Saints!

Indy_Steelers
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Livinginthe past
What a play REGGIE BUSH.

See him wave to the DBs as he left them, trailing?

Hines0wnz
The Bears just got...

BUSH WHACKED

MACH1
01-21-2007, 04:58 PM
that should open things up a little bit for the saints

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 04:58 PM
It's a game again, ladies and gentlemen.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 04:59 PM
from 16-0 to 16-14

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 05:00 PM
I thought for sure Manning was going to get Bush, then he faked him out of his cleats.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 05:01 PM
BOOM! Went the howitzer over the WR's head on 3rd down.

Grossman sucks

NM

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I swear - Grossman gets all kinds of time, has a guy open over the middle and overthrows him - it's like watching Kordell again.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 05:03 PM
great playcall and perfect catch and run by bush. the bears are definitely a situation they dont want to be in. saints have proven they dont need a run game and the bears are forced to lean on their pass game.

the tides have definitely turned. saints need to crank it up and keep passing. keeping the ball out of grossmans hands is not an issue.

3 to be 4
01-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Chicago fans will blame Steve Bartman

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 05:04 PM
is it rex or his receivers?

MACH1
01-21-2007, 05:05 PM
the saints score here the bears will implode

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Tillman has dropped 2 potential interceptions today.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Saints look very confident now. Amazing what 2 TD drives can do eh?

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Chicago fans will blame Steve Bartman

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 05:07 PM
is it rex or his receivers?

It's Grossman - had a guy open over the middle, had ample time to throw it and fires a rocket over the guy's head.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 05:07 PM
wow. reggie bush isolated on brian urlacher out wide! i dont think any mlb can hang with that. brees is showing great pocket awareness. hes bought himself several throws

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Geez, Peyton is calling a great game now.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Good D by the Bears.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Chicago fans will blame Steve Bartmanlol as well they should. wasnt it in chicago that that fan jumped out of the stands behind the endzone to catch the fg in the tunnel?

it was the catch of the year.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Another overthrow by Grossman. I don't see why so many people were sweating over the Saints secondary's ability to contain the Bears passing game - he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
wow. the saints catching up has made the bears defense so predictable. bad news for grossman. the bears defense/st will have to go offensive to pull this game out. then again, whats new?

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
D. Brees 19/32 295 2 td
R. Grossman 5/19 64 0 td

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Another overthrow by Grossman. I don't see why so many people were sweating over the Saints secondary's ability to contain the Bears passing game - he can't hit the broad side of a barn.if it werent for polamalu, he might be a steeler. scary.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 05:19 PM
dumb dumb dumb

Indy_Steelers
DANG It DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!:dang: :banging:

Hines0wnz
wow. the saints catching up has made the bears defense so predictable. bad news for grossman. the bears defense/st will have to go offensive to pull this game out. then again, whats new?

haha...ask and ye shall receive. Safety on the Saints.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Safety, damn it. Free kick coming up. C'mon Saints - use your noggins!!!

tony hipchest
wow. the saints catching up has made the bears defense so predictable. bad news for grossman. the bears defense/st will have to go offensive to pull this game out. then again, whats new?forcing a safety is what i call going offensive.

Indy_Steelers
Nice coverage

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Nice stop by Saints D

HometownGal
Looks like Saints D is forcing the Bears to beat them with Grossman's arm. They're stopping the Bears' running attack pretty well now.

touchdownward
forcing a safety is what i call going offensive.
Great call!:jawdrop:

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm starting to wonder when the Bears D is going to start getting winded - they've been out there pretty much the whole 3rd quarter.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Bears D on the field too much

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Saints still need to run the ball, I think.

Brees is going to make a bad error sooner or later and it may go back for the TD.

You've got two good RB's - use them.

NM

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Saints still need to run the ball, I think.

Brees is going to make a bad error sooner or later and it may go back for the TD.

You've got two good RB's - use them.

NMit aint gonna work. they used their rb's correctly on the 88 yd PASS to bush. the more they run the slower they score. they need to score quick. especially if grossman starts to warm up.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 05:32 PM
it aint gonna work. they used their rb's correctly on the 88 yd PASS to bush. the more they run the slower they score. they need to score quick. especially if grossman starts to warm up.

We'll agree to disagree - the Bears have given up yardage all year to the run.

It would make the pass more effective if the Bears weren't pass rushing on nearly every down.

It increases the odds of a turnover the way the Saints are playing it.

They need to be able to run the ball.

NM

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I can not believe Rex put together a TD drive with his arm

Hines0wnz
Nice drive by Bazooka Grossman.

SteelCityMan786
Nice Catch AND THE Touchdown.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Thats the Bears back ahead - game over.

Believe me, the Saints are dusted in this one.

There will probably be a couple of Saints turnovers now - strip sacks or interceptions.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 05:34 PM
yep, grossman is warming up. 4/4 78 yds.

good point by aikman that the bears are FINALLY starting to pick on fred thomas.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I can not believe Rex put together a TD drive with his arm

He isnt Brady, Manning or Big Ben but he has done nothing but win when he plays. That's an intangible that you cannot deny. :wink02:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Strip sack anyone?

Or at least it should have been.

NM

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Big and good challenge by Lovie.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 05:39 PM
We'll agree to disagree - the Bears have given up yardage all year to the run.

NM not to e. james

but with another sack and forced fumble on brees running may be their only choise. chicago d is gonna crank it up. not sit back in prevent.

wally had the ball and was down by contact. i doubt the refs reverse though. they never seem to get it right

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 05:39 PM
That's going to be the Bears ball.

I'm not sure I can handle 2 weeks of grossman interviews.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 05:41 PM
game over

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 05:41 PM
if this isnt bears ball it is the polamalu play all over again.

chicago ball.

bears D getting offensive!

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Good call refs - and a good call by me aswell.

Well done me. :cheers:

Wish I coulda put money on it.

This will be carnage from here on out - I dont think the Saints will put another point on the board.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Saints are unraveling at this point - game, set, match.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
That's going to be the Bears ball.

I'm not sure I can handle 2 weeks of grossman interviews.

LMAO!!! :sofunny:

There's still time even if da Bears score here, but it's not looking good for the Saints. I love the Saints but will become a temporary Bears fan very quickly for the SB, which won't be all that difficult, as I adore Lovie Smith and intensely dislike both the Colts and the Pats.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
LMAO!!! :sofunny:

There's still time even if da Bears score here, but it's not looking good for the Saints. I love the Saints but will become a temporary Bears fan very quickly for the SB, which won't be all that difficult, as I adore Lovie Smith.

Bandwagonner :wink02:

NM

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Bears have an 11 point lead and are running it. Sound familar to anyone?? :tt02:

Indy_Steelers
Too many TOs. If the Bears score here it is over.

HometownGal
Turnovers most definitely KILL, as we Steelers fans know all too well after this past season.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 05:45 PM
lalalalala thats the fat lady

Hines0wnz
TD Benson.

Game Over.

Indy_Steelers
GAME OVER!

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Bandwagonner :wink02:

NM

I must admit, for the SB, I will be, and I'm not at all shy about admitting it. :wink02: :flap:

Dome teams don't do very well in the elements, as evidenced again today.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 05:47 PM
I feel sorry for Brees at this point - they have to throw on every play now and the Bears are gonna tee off on him - not like his OL has protected him well at all today yet.

Indy_Steelers
The only way the Bears have a chance to win SB XLI is to play the Pats. The Colts will slaughter their secondary.

touchdownward
The rout is on now.
Nice run by the Saints this year though.
They win 3 measly games last season and make it to the NFCCG this year.

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Well I guess it's time to get something to eat and get ready for the AFC game. I'll see you all in a few over on the Pats/Colts thread! Anyone need a Stella or Captian Morgan while I'm up?

MACH1
I think the rams are the only dome team to win a SB

Livinginthe past
The Saints had a window of opportunity at 16-14 for a couple of drives and went pass wacky - there is nothing more demoralising for a team than being run on.

The Saints shouldnt have put Brees in such a situation - he's a very good QB, but he ain't Tom Brady.

The Bears played the better football - I think whoever represtents the AFc in the SB is going to have alot of fun at Grossmans expense.

NM

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Let's give it up for the Saints folks. 3-13 a year ago and this year they played for NFC Championship. Great story for Saints who's future is nothing but bright with guys like Bush, Brees, and Colston.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Well I guess it's time to get something to eat and get ready for the AFC game. I'll see you all in a few over on the Pats/Colts thread! Anyone need a Stella or Captian Morgan while I'm up?

I'll take one :cheers: :smile:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 05:50 PM

Ill have a red stripe dude!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/story_pic2.gif

NM

Indy_Steelers

I am getting kinda thirsty:cheers:

tony hipchest
I must admit, for the SB, I will be, and I'm not at all shy about admitting it. :wink02: :flap:

Dome teams don't do very well in the elements, as evidenced again today.saints were moving the ball fine through the air. that is until you could see the snowflakes falling. to no suprise brees fumbles. ironic that they were discussing him goint to a glove at halftime. bens bionic glove works miracles :wink02:

nice interception brees.

bears d is all over it.

MACH1
this is gonna get ugly

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Ill have a red stripe dude!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/story_pic2.gif

NM

Got any Stoley's? :party:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Well thatas the strip sack and the Interception - do i get some sort of prize? :sofunny:

NM

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 05:53 PM
the defensive battle turned into a shoot out

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 05:54 PM
saints were moving the ball fine through the air. that is until you could see the snowflakes falling. to no suprise brees fumbles. ironic that they were discussing him goint to a glove at halftime. bens bionic glove works miracles :wink02:

nice interception brees.

bears d is all over it.

Yep, they were. Good thing the Colts are playing in their dome today. It's cold and snowing all over the east coast today. I'm sure glad the Steelers play outside in the elements, as I believe it really does affect the dome teams when they have to play away from their glass houses.

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 05:55 PM
the defensive battle turned into a shoot out
Not a shoot out, a blow out. :smile:

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Well thatas the strip sack and the Interception - do i get some sort of prize? :sofunny:

NMno. you picked the saints to win. no points for calling the game once you see how its playing out.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 05:56 PM

NM

No, but I'd be happy to give you a :buttkick: :wink02: :flap:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Yep, they were. Good thing the Colts are playing in their dome today. It's cold and snowing all over the east coast today. I'm sure glad the Steelers play outside in the elements, as I believe it really does affect the dome teams when they have to play away from their glass houses.

You are without a doubt right.

They can handle the cold, but they cant handle everything that goes with it - the hits must hurt a litle more - sitting on the sidelines aint so much of a picnic - it must be harder to focus.

They get taken out of their comfort zone.

Any luck with that stoleys yet?

NM

fansince'76
Not a shoot out, a blow out. :smile:

Yep, the safety against the Saints was the turning point.

Livinginthe past
No, but I'd be happy to give you a :buttkick: :wink02: :flap:

Well, I guess....if thats all thats available....i'll take one :sofunny:

NM

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm drinking Corona light. :cheers:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/jpriode73/coronalight.jpg

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 05:59 PM
the line needs to help Drew

touchdownward
Solid hit by Urlacher on Colston, that had to hurt.

tony hipchest
Yep, they were. Good thing the Colts are playing in their dome today. It's cold and snowing all over the east coast today. I'm sure glad the Steelers play outside in the elements, as I believe it really does affect the dome teams when they have to play away from their glass houses.dome teams 0-9 in champ games since 1970. funny to hear aikman say he dont think weather had anything to do with it.

lol. coulston has been fearing urlacher all day. this is getting ugly for brees. time to pull the plug. i love the bears d when they smell blood in the water.

hate it for the saints though

LarryNJ
Got any Stoley's? :party:

As a matter of fact yes. Not to get off topic but have you ever had a Corona with a shot of Stoley's in it? YUMMMY....

Sorry LITP no red stripes in the fridge..how about a Chimay or Delirium?

Livinginthe past
no. you picked the saints to win. no points for calling the game once you see how its playing out.

Well thats a bummer.

I thought calling 2 turnovers and what they would be was pretty good - some lofty standards of prediction at SF :sofunny:

NM

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:01 PM
As a matter of fact yes. Not to get off topic but have you ever had a Corona with a shot of Stoley's in it? YUMMMY....

Sorry LITP no red stripes in the fridge..how about a Chimay or Delirium?

Delerium sounds fitting - i'll take one of those - hold the glass ill take it straight from the bottle. :cheers:

NM

fansince'76
the line needs to help Drew

They weren't giving him any time when they still had the option to run - I don't expect the pass blocking will improve now that they have to throw on every play.

Jeremy
The Bears look tough when Grossman is on. They look pathetic when he's off.

Let's see who they get to play in the Super Bowl.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm drinking Corona light. :cheers:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/jpriode73/coronalight.jpg

Jeez Corona Light?

The regular Corana isn't weak enough for you already?

You got a lime in that?

NM

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 06:02 PM
I guess the Bears are for real. I also guess that Rivera will not get a second interview.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Jeez Corona Light?

You got a lime in that?

NM

Thats against man law isnt it? :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
I wonder where Thomas Jones will be playing ball next year?

Im pretty sure they want Benson as the No.1 guy next year - Jones will be a nice pick up for someone who needs a No.1 Guy.

NM

Jeremy
I guess the Bears are for real. I also guess that Rivera will not get a second interview.

Fox Sports is reporting that we've offered Tomlin the job and he's flying into Pittsburgh tonight to work out the contract.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Thats against man law isnt it? :sofunny:

Ha ha.

I think he was in violation just for drinking Corona light.

NM

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:04 PM
A little Marcus Allen action there by Jones.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 06:05 PM
The Bears look tough when Grossman is on. They look pathetic when he's off.

Let's see who they get to play in the Super Bowl.well grossman has been horrible today and they are absolutely crushing the saints.

Stlrs4Life
Congratulations Chicago!

Hines0wnz
Jeez Corona Light?

You got a lime in that?

NM

I didnt wanna be piss drunk for the AFC game and yes I have a lime in it. My roommate and I have a bunch of lemon and limes we need to get rid of. During the SB I'll drink the heavier stuff since the Steelers arent in it. :wink02:

LarryNJ
Delerium sounds fitting - i'll take one of those - hold the glass ill take it straight from the bottle. :cheers:

NM

Too late the bar maid already poured it! Cheers!

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9516/delirium9hg.jpg

Good luck to your team later, although I'll be pulling for the Colts!

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Well, this one has gotten humiliating for the Saints.
See you all over on the Pats/Colts thread.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 06:06 PM
how the hell does brees have 345 yds passing today?

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 06:07 PM
You are without a doubt right.

They can handle the cold, but they cant handle everything that goes with it - the hits must hurt a litle more - sitting on the sidelines aint so much of a picnic - it must be harder to focus.

They get taken out of their comfort zone.

Any luck with that stoleys yet?

NM

I'm happy for the Bears fans - most that I've come across over the years are good people who are and have been die-hard. Congrats Bears and Lovie! :cheers:

Nope - no Stoleys. It's raining ice here right now, so I'm gonna stay put and just stick with the iced tea.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:07 PM
This is a shame - no-one wanted to see the Saints blown out like this.

They have a nice set up for next year, as mentioned already.

Teams have to pounce on the Bears and ring their neck when Grossman is all out of sync - they needed more balance on offense to give their D a breather - now the wheels have come off.

If the Bears get in a whole, like 7 points behind - Grossman cannot pull them out of it - id lay money on it.

Probably wouldnt get very good odds though.

NM

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Now we can look forward to 2 weeks of hype on how the Bears can beat Indy or New England.

The Bears did not win this game - the Saints lost it.

Unless it is in the low 30s and snowing in Miami in 2 weeks I do not see the Bears getting within 7 points of the AFC champ.

Look for Brian Griese to play in the second half in two weeks.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 06:08 PM
how the hell does brees have 345 yds passing today?

Desperation passes and always playing from behind. I really feel for the Saints but they have nothing to be ashamed of - they stunk last year and turned it around. That's a team to keep an eye on in the coming seasons.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:09 PM
If the Bears get in a whole, like 7 points behind - Grossman cannot pull them out of it - id lay money on it.

Agreed - the Bears won this game in spite of Grossman, not because of him.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:09 PM
I didnt wanna be piss drunk for the AFC game and yes I have a lime in it. My roommate and I have a bunch of lemon and limes we need to get rid of. During the SB I'll drink the heavier stuff since the Steelers arent in it. :wink02:

heh heh.

Fair enough, what you running illegal citrus fruit outta your room?

Why all the surplus lemons and limes?

NM

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Too late the bar maid already poured it! Cheers!

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9516/delirium9hg.jpg

Good luck to your team later, although I'll be pulling for the Colts!

Well you know, I aint gonna turn a beer down.

Cheers and good health. :cheers:

And thanks larry - should be a hell of a game.

NM

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ1ryCgzDn8

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Now we can look forward to 2 weeks of hype on how the Bears can beat Indy or New England.

The Bears did not win this game - the Saints lost it.

Unless it is in the low 30s and snowing in Miami in 2 weeks I do not see the Bears getting within 7 points of the AFC champ.

Look for Brian Griese to play in the second half in two weeks.

The Saints lost. The Bears D created TOs and converted them in to points. Thankfully the Saints D played in the first half it could have been worseI do not think Griese will be playing in the SB. Bears fans do not much care for him.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 06:14 PM
heh heh.

Fair enough, what you running illegal citrus fruit outta your room?

Why all the surplus lemons and limes?

NM

We've had a few get togethers since New Year's. :party:

Newzfoxjr
01-21-2007, 06:15 PM
There were several bad calls by the refs today...bullshit. >_>

I hope the Bears get shutout in the Super Bowl.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 06:17 PM

I hope the Bears get shutout in the Super Bowl.lol :confused:

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 06:18 PM

I hope the Bears get shutout in the Super Bowl.

so it is the Bears fault the refs made bad calls?

Newzfoxjr
01-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Those two comments weren't meant to be taken together. I didn't like the calls, and I'm mad about the loss for the Saints as a whole. So can I now not hate the Bears, or what?

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 06:23 PM
congrats lovie, brian urlacher and the rest of the bears.

hate it for the saints. for an nfc team, they are great to watch. there offense is set for years to come and their defense can only get better.

if theres 2 players in the league who need a SB win to secure their legacy, it is manning and urlacher. if the colts take care of business today they will gurantee one will do it.

urlacher shoulda been a steeler instead of plaxico. i couldnt think of a better team for him to go to play for though if it isnt the black and gold.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Those two comments weren't meant to be taken together. I didn't like the calls, and I'm mad about the loss for the Saints as a whole. So can I now not hate the Bears, or what?

OK:hug:

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Congrats and GO BEARS!! SB XLI Champs.