PDA

View Full Version : AFCCG - New England Patriots @ Indianapolis Colts

Pages : [1] 2

Livinginthe past
01-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Here is the match up, everyone has been waiting for...or not, as the case may be.

Nearly every possible variable, every possible match up hs been beaten to death since both teams qualified for this game so i'll skip straight to the crux, as I see it.

New England played a terrible game at home to the Colts, Brady threw 4 INT's (and one of the worst throws I have ever seen him make) and they still only lost by 7 points.

The biggest factor I see going into this game will be the Colts ability to convert redzone offense into TD's - New England doesn't have the stifling D that Baltimore possess (interesting fact : Indy never made it past the Ravens 15 yard line in the divisional game) but have a superbly coordinated redzone defense.

Peyton Manning will pass, and he will put up alot of yards (280-340), and the Colts will have room to make plays 'between the twenties' - the key (as ever) will be if he can get the ball to his WR's in the endzone.

New England will run the ball, but not to excess, just enough to punish Freeney and Mathis who are very one dimensional pass rushers and keep them off Brady's back.

Both teams will move the ball, though I expect the colts to move it easier, the key will be production and turnovers.

This isn't Denver (the only team Brady has lost to in the postseason) so I dont expect an offensive meltdown like last year.

Prediction?

Patriots 23 Colts 17

NM

Big D
01-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Here is the match up, everyone has been waiting for...or not, as the case may be.

Nearly every possible variable, every possible match up hs been beaten to death since both teams qualified for this game so i'll skip straight to the crux, as I see it.

New England played a terrible game at home to the Colts, Brady threw 4 INT's (and one of the worst throws I have ever seen him make) and they still only lost by 7 points.

The biggest factor I see going into this game will be the Colts ability to convert redzone offense into TD's - New England doesn't have the stifling D that Baltimore possess (interesting fact : Indy never made it past the Ravens 15 yard line in the divisional game) but have a superbly coordinated redzone defense.

Peyton Manning will pass, and he will put up alot of yards (280-340), and the Colts will have room to make plays 'between the twenties' - the key (as ever) will be if he can get the ball to his WR's in the endzone.

New England will run the ball, but not to excess, just enough to punish Freeney and Mathis who are very one dimensional pass rushers and keep them off Brady's back.

Both teams will move the ball, though I expect the colts to move it easier, the key will be production and turnovers.

This isn't Denver (the only team Brady has lost to in the postseason) so I dont expect an offensive meltdown like last year.

Prediction?

Patriots 23 Colts 17

NM

Have to disagree with you here. I think the pressure is on Peytong Manning to get out of Dan Marinos shadow and win a superbowl. I think the Colts will take this one.

Preacher
01-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Have to disagree with you here. I think the pressure is on Peytong Manning to get out of Dan Marinos shadow and win a superbowl. I think the Colts will take this one.

Manning... at home... and New England doesn't have the defense that Baltimore OR the Steelers did last year. It took those two defenses to beat the Colts.

Both Offenses faltered last week. The question is, which one will play better this week?

I think that it will actually come down to field goals... or a field goal. And the Pats gave up Vinitieri. I give it to the colts.

Mosca
01-20-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm thinking the Colts, and not even close. 42-17? 38-20?

Simple. The Colts are peaking right now. Just like the Steelers did last year. Pats would beat anyone else, but this is Dungy's and Manning's year. Colts roll through the next two.

Tom

tony hipchest
01-20-2007, 02:46 PM
interesting if you look at 3 important games brady has played in the last year. he has thrown 10 int's-
3 vs denver
4 vs indy
3 vs chargers
new england is a prideful bunch and will not want to be scared out of a power running game, ball control, offense if they think keeping the ball out of mannings hands is the key to winning. they will want to test the colts 'revamped' rush D an see if it is for real.

if manning throws for 300-340 yds you can almost count on a colts win. in the regular season match up, on a sloppy field, manning threw for 326. all 5 of the colts scores were from inside the red zone, 3 of which were touchdowns. (2 4yd td passes to harrison, and a 2 yd j. addai run)

if the pats plan is to give peyton what he wants inbetween the 20's and stiffen up in the redzone i expect several long td's, of 35 yds or more.

colts 28-27

many think the sweetest justice will be vinatieri winning it with the kick. the sweetest justice will be manning not relying on the foot of a kicker and drive down for the game winning td.

gostkowski 2-2
vinatieri 0-1 (this missed kick to tie it at 24-24 will fire up the colts offense, and particularly manning, to get it done themselves and not put all the burden on adam.)

hardwork
01-20-2007, 02:57 PM
"As soon as you open your mouth you're wrong." The Buddha

No predictions. Let the game begin.

Hines0wnz
01-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Patsies will not be able to run the ball effectively which will force multiple INTs by Brady.

Manning will have a better game this week but not a great game.

Key players in this game:

NE - Watson & Graham
Indy - Clark & Addai

I'm pulling for the Colts to make it 3 in a row over the Patsies.

NV STEELERS 723
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM

Prediction?

Patriots 23 Colts 17

NM

Good points.... well taken.... but you have the score reversed... Colts 23 Pats 17 if its even that close.....

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 02:40 AM
Some nice facts, courtesy of Pat Kirwan.

Patriots at Colts

1. Tom Brady has not lost at Indianapolis (2-0). He has 24 game-winning drives in his career and five of those were in playoff games. Five is more than the other three quarterbacks playing this weekend combined.

2. The Colts have beaten the Patriots in their last two meetings. And the newest element to those victories as opposed to the six loses is the use of the deep pass. In the two wins, Peyton Manning has thrown eight balls over 25 yards each.

3. The Colts' no-huddle offense last week broke down to 19 runs and 20 passes. Manning will not be up there to just throw the ball, especially on second downs. He will only incorporate the hurry-up offense from the no huddle if the Patriots try and switch personnel because of down and distance.

4. In the playoffs, the Colts play selection is 75 runs to 69 passes. The Patriots play excellent run defense.

5. The Patriots passing game during the season was 47 percent to wide receivers and 53 percent tight ends/running backs. But in the playoffs, they are back to their old ways, like it was when they had David Givens and Deion Branch. In the postseason, wide receivers are 76 percent of their attack.

6. In the two playoff loses to the Patriots, Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison have combined for 0 touchdowns.

7. Manning has thrown at least one interception in six straight games against New England.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 02:55 AM
If the colts D plays like it has the last two weeks the pats dont have a chance

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Colts have the hometown crowd behind 'em and their protective dome around 'em, along with Peytoon desperate to get rid of the bad omen - Colts take this one 33-24. :banana:

At any rate - good luck Pats fans (me thinks you're going to need it). :wink02:

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 12:07 PM
http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/images/avatars/1.gif

lets go bolts...er colts!

cut that meat!

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 12:23 PM

cut that meat!

Nice avatar! :sofunny:

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 12:24 PM
This sux I cant stand Peyton and cant stand to hear Patsie fans tell us how great they are. Im torn on what to do.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Was watching NFL Countdown and heard the words Manning leader, star, professional all in the same sentence (cough cough)

Then there was Bob Kravitz of the Indy Star that said that Manning this time of year is a "choke artist"

Then Kravitz goes on to say "I don't feel sorry for him, he's the one that decided to become a quarterback, he accepted the 30 million dollar signing bonus, he's the one doing ads for every conceivable product and that comes with the territory."

Let the Manning butt sucking begin!!! :cheers:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Colts have the hometown crowd behind 'em and their protective dome around 'em, along with Peytoon desperate to get rid of the bad omen - Colts take this one 33-24. :banana:

At any rate - good luck Pats fans (me thinks you're going to need it). :wink02:

:cheers:

Cheers, hon.

We'll take all the luck on offer. :thumbsup:

NM

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 12:37 PM
If the Pats were playing a football game to save the planet, I'd still root against them.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 01:36 PM

cut that meat!

HAAAAAAA Nice

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2007, 01:40 PM
I will be rooting for the Colts (I like Dungy and selfishly do not want the 70s Steelers 4 SBs in 6 years record matched) but happy viewing nevertheless to LITP and hardwork this afternoon - there is no better rooting experience than watching your favorite team attempt to add to its legacy as one of the great teams in NFL history.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 01:46 PM
I will be rooting for the Colts (I like Dungy and selfishly do not want the 70s Steelers 4 SBs in 6 years record matched) but happy viewing nevertheless to LITP and hardwork this afternoon - there is no better rooting experience than watching your favorite team attempt to add to its legacy as one of the great teams in NFL history.

Classy post, Dan.

Its appreciated. :cheers:

NM

WWIIOwheelz
01-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Like someone else said, I'm personally rooting for the Colts, mostly because I think the world of Tony Dungy.

However, I've got to also say that I've been very impressed with the commentary of LITP for the past year or so I've been here on this board, and I've thought differently about the Pats. They are a well-coached, tough football team with a first-rate QB.

The first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions Tom Brady is from the Super Bowl DVD, after the Pats stole that early game last year, Brady saying, as he walks off the field at Heinz, "I hate this stadium. Great fans, though." That endeared him to me quite a bit, odd as that might sound.

In my mind, this is the Superbowl.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 02:06 PM
The Fix is ON

They were discussing whether or not NE's DBs will be allowed to jostle receivers downfield. They said that the refs should "let players play", and if NE's DBs are doing it the Colts DBs have to adjust by doing it.

You don't change the rules in the biggest games of the year unless you're trying to give one team an advantage over another.

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 02:13 PM
They said that the refs should "let players play", and if NE's DBs are doing it the Colts DBs have to adjust by doing it.

Cheat to win. If the refs let them get away with it (and they will) why not take advantage?

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Just saw on the Fox pregame that Rodney Harrison will not play today.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Like someone else said, I'm personally rooting for the Colts, mostly because I think the world of Tony Dungy.

However, I've got to also say that I've been very impressed with the commentary of LITP for the past year or so I've been here on this board, and I've thought differently about the Pats. They are a well-coached, tough football team with a first-rate QB.

The first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions Tom Brady is from the Super Bowl DVD, after the Pats stole that early game last year, Brady saying, as he walks off the field at Heinz, "I hate this stadium. Great fans, though." That endeared him to me quite a bit, odd as that might sound.

In my mind, this is the Superbowl.

Thanks for those thoughts, man.

Dungy is a real good guy - can't blame any neutral rooting for him or his team.

Brady's comments was mainly due to the bad luck Patriots have had with injuries at Heinz Field - plus its a very tough place to play - full stop.

NM

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 02:35 PM
What the hell. I'm not allowed to have admins on my ignore list.

:banging:

What a joke.

X-Terminator
01-21-2007, 03:35 PM
I really hope the Colts win, just so I do not have to endure 2 weeks of listening to Pats fans go on and on and on about how great they are. I'd rather have dental surgery without anesthesia.

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 03:43 PM
I really hope the Colts win, just so I do not have to endure 2 weeks of listening to Pats fans go on and on and on about how great they are. I'd rather have dental surgery without anesthesia.

Nothing is going to stop that. If they lose, you know they'll have a list of excuses as to why they lost. That's just the way they are. Tomlinson was dead right about them.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 04:08 PM
If the Pats were playing a football game to save the planet, I'd still root against them.

*edited*

I totally agree with you.:cheers:

MACH1
01-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Nothing is going to stop that. If they lose, you know they'll have a list of excuses as to why they lost. That's just the way they are. Tomlinson was dead right about them.

not if they get blown out

Elvis
01-21-2007, 04:43 PM
:tt02: As I sit here and read everyone's threads I just remember how much grief I felt when we lost to the Patriots a few years back in the AFC Tittle game and how conceided I thought they were back then. And just to think that the Refs tried their best to give last years game vs the Colts to them. I just cant stand either team, and to be honest I dont really know who to ruit for... its hard to pull for either of the dweebs. But I respect Brady and Bellihick for what they have done and I feel sorry for Dungy with the suicide of his son last year. So, I guess that I will have to pull for the ................steelers baby!!!!!!:jawdrop: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :champs: :headbutt: :yap: :scratchchin: :sign01: :sign09: :moon: :tombstone :rofl:

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 05:06 PM
not if they get blown out

They'll still make an attempt. That's just the way they are.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Almost time for the real Superbowl.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Wooh.

Im getting excited.

Enjoy the game everyone - i'll try and get back to the computer everyone now and then to share my 'fascinating insights' into this AFC match up.

Cheers!

NM

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Let the real game begin!!! Pick your posion!

Delirium
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9516/delirium9hg.jpg

Chimay
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4016/item1855chimayglass0ro.jpg

Stella
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3092/stella20bottles9mz.jpg

Captain Morgan

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8523/morgan9sz.jpg

GO COLTS!!!

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Wooh.

Im getting excited.

Enjoy the game everyone - i'll try and get back to the computer everyone now and then to share my 'fascinating insights' into this AFC match up.

Cheers!

NM

Two words - wireless laptop. Good luck, even though I will be rooting for the Colts. :cheers:

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Two words - wireless laptop.

My how times have changed. It wasn't long ago that the games were blacked out in the home city.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Two words - wireless laptop. Good luck, even though I will be rooting for the Colts. :cheers:

I considered that. By its a bit of an expense when i'll only be using it for online betting and football games.

And thanks 76 :cheers:

NM

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:22 PM
I considered that. By its a bit of an expense when i'll only be using it for online betting and football games.

And thanks 76 :cheers:

NM

Good point - I work in the IT field and use it for all kinds of things. If that's all you would use it for, yeah, it would be a big waste of money.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 06:28 PM
boomer, marino, and young are the only talking heads to pick the pats today (espn, cbs, nfl network). i missed the fox crews picks.

once again everybody is going against the pats. i think the pats are good enough to win without the "disrespect" card. funny how they keep giving it to them. i figured by this point EVERYBODY would pick the pats just cause they have brady and 'chick

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:31 PM
boomer, marino, and young are the only talking heads to pick the pats today (espn, cbs, nfl network). i missed the fox crews picks.

I fervently hope now that Tiki Barber is retiring that CBS ditches Mushmouth (Sharpe) and puts Barber on the CBS studio crew. At least Barber can talk intelligibly.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:32 PM

once again everybody is going against the pats. i think the pats are good enough to win without the "disrespect" card. funny how they keep giving it to them. i figured by this point EVERYBODY would pick the pats just cause they have brady and 'chick

Amazing aint it?

Every year they get earmaked for 'rebuilding' or we hear that the other teams in the AFCE have their number - but they still keep getting it done.

Alot of it is because its not always obvious at first glance how the patriots have their success - alot of people attribute it to luck, but after so many lucky breks you have to look at an underlying reason.

Should be a hell of game - i'll be intersted to see how deep the CBs play off the Indy WR's on the first couple of series - id like to see wayne and Harrison get hit in the mouth a few times - thats normallt affects their timing which is so key.

NM

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:33 PM
I haven't seen Peyton's face yet, but I hope he doesn't have the "oh shit" expression that he usually does in these situations.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Let the real game begin!!! Pick your posion!

Delirium
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9516/delirium9hg.jpg

Chimay
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4016/item1855chimayglass0ro.jpg

Stella
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3092/stella20bottles9mz.jpg

Captain Morgan

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8523/morgan9sz.jpg

GO COLTS!!!

Gosh darn it Larry - I want Stoleys!!! :cheers:

GO COLTS! :cheer:

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't care for either one of these teams as a Steeler fan. My old man is an Indy fan, so I'm pullin' for the Colts.

I think it will be a shootout between Manning and Brady with Manning winning out.
This is going to be a great game and good luck to your team LITTP. :smile:

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh, God - Simms is calling the game - methinks I'll be using the mute button frequently.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 06:41 PM
I fervently hope now that Tiki Barber is retiring that CBS ditches Mushmouth (Sharpe) and puts Barber on the CBS studio crew. At least Barber can talk intelligibly.

I know what you mean - he talks like he has a mouth full of marshmallow.

I would miss his suits, though - he is a pretty snazzy dresser. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Amazing aint it?

Every year they get earmaked for 'rebuilding' or we hear that the other teams in the AFCE have their number - but they still keep getting it done.

Alot of it is because its not always obvious at first glance how the patriots have their success - alot of people attribute it to luck, but after so many lucky breks you have to look at an underlying reason.

Should be a hell of game - i'll be intersted to see how deep the CBs play off the Indy WR's on the first couple of series - id like to see wayne and Harrison get hit in the mouth a few times - thats normallt affects their timing which is so key.

NMwell this year no one is hiding it with x's and o's. they just want to see manning win and arent ashamed to admit it.

anyone know who terry and the fox guys picked. im almost sure jimmy johnson would go with the pats. hes kind of a dick that way.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 06:44 PM
lets see if the colts D shows up for this one

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't care for either one of these teams as a Steeler fan. My old man is an Indy fan, so I'm pullin' for the Colts.

I think it will be a shootout between Manning and Brady with Manning winning out.
This is going to be a great game and good luck to your team LITTP. :smile:

Thanks, man.

Enjoy the game :cheers:

NM

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 06:45 PM
I fervently hope now that Tiki Barber is retiring that CBS ditches Mushmouth (Sharpe) and puts Barber on the CBS studio crew. At least Barber can talk intelligibly.him and deionne sanders. i can handle ANYONE reading, writing, talking about football, but those 2 mushmouths. even michael irvin. irvin is brilliant compared to sharpe and sanders.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:46 PM
him and deionne sanders. i can handle ANYONE reading, writing, talking about football, but those 2 mushmouths. even michael irvin. irvin is brilliant compared to sharpe and sanders.

I actually like Irvin as an announcer - he's a riot. :sofunny:

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 06:49 PM
I actually like Irvin as an announcer - he's a riot. :sofunny:

If you've ever watched Cops then you know crackheads are always funny. :flap:

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 06:49 PM
To the Colts D - PRESSURE, PRESSURE, PRESSURE!!!

Borski
01-21-2007, 06:50 PM
I hate both these teams, so I root for both to get beat up real bad so they lose the SB

yeah thats kinda mean....oh well

tony hipchest
wow. indy d is celebrating stops a little to early.

i cant figure out why k. faulk has been such a big part of the gameplan these past few weeks. i guess 'chick figures he'll catch the opponents off guard.

colts need to go for a quick deep strike.

HometownGal
him and deionne sanders. i can handle ANYONE reading, writing, talking about football, but those 2 mushmouths. even michael irvin. irvin is brilliant compared to sharpe and sanders.

Gawd, Tony - AMEN to that. :cheers:

fansince'76
If you've ever watched Cops then you know crackheads are always funny. :flap:

Yep, and Irvin still acts like a crackhead - that's why I find him funny. :sofunny:

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:53 PM
A difficult catch, but one that still should have been made.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 06:53 PM
gotta pull that ball in rook!

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I actually like Irvin as an announcer - he's a riot. :sofunny:irvin dont bug me. neither does kornheiser, siragussa, or theismann. NOBODY bugs me but the 2 mushmouths!

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Great - Freeney goes out.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 06:58 PM
how bout dierdorf, cant stand him either.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Freeney will be back, no problem.

The Colts were in the back field quickly on that running play.

I think the Colts are really selling out on the run - I think Brady could make a big play sometime soon.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 07:02 PM
COERY COREY COREY YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Freeney will be back, no problem.

The Colts were in the back field quickly on that running play.

I think the Colts are really selling out on the run - I think Brady could make a big play sometime soon. i agree. the pats are definitely gonna use their run game to their advantage. i expect a faily balanced game on their part.

especially with dillon peeling off runs like that

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 07:03 PM
The real Colts run D is beginning to show up. :dang:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 07:05 PM
TRICK PLAY HA HA
TOUCHDOWN NEW ENGLAND

fansince'76
HOW F***ING LUCKY CAN ONE TEAM GET?!?

tony hipchest
only the patriots could score on that play :dang:

good job maroney :rolleyes:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Heads up play Patriots linemen - another.

Get your head on maroney that wont happen everytime - botched hand off.

NM

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 07:06 PM
It appears even God hates the Colts.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 07:07 PM
That is the way NE drew it up and it worked to perfection

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Heads up play Patriots linemen - another.

NMnot. that wasnt coached. pure blind luck. actually the ball was recovered buy the colts and the player was down. just like when d. brees fumbled. different officiating crews i guess :rolleyes:

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I didn't think the ball could be advanced on a fumble, especially since ownership of the ball never changed hands. Maybe someone can clear this up for me.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 07:09 PM
not. that wasnt coached. pure blind luck.

Sorry, Nigel - gotta agree with Tony here.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 07:10 PM
not. that wasnt coached. pure blind luck.

Much like the INT by Brady turned into a 1st down for the Pats by SD fumbling it right back - that was pure blind luck as well.

SteelCzar76
01-21-2007, 07:10 PM
You've got to be kidding me right ? How do these guys get this lucky ?

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 07:12 PM
You've got to be kidding me right ? How do these guys get this lucky ?

I think they made a deal with the devil.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 07:14 PM
I didn't think the ball could be advanced on a fumble, especially since ownership of the ball never changed hands. Maybe someone can clear this up for me. thats in the last 2 minutes i believe.

chrismartin99
01-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I wish someone would punch Phil Simms in the throat.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Sorry, Nigel - gotta agree with Tony here.no need to apologize. patfans just think all fumbles and interceptions are designed plays.

BB coached the ball to bounce :rolleyes:

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 07:17 PM
thats in the last 2 minutes i believe.
Thanks tony, it had me stumped.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 07:19 PM
hobbes and samuel are playing good. i thought manning was throwing the ball away on 1st and 20. perfect pass.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Vinatieri almost shanked it. Seems to me every kick he's made has been right down the middle up to now.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Wow I was sure that kick was going wide right - should have known better :wink02:

Run the ball patriots.

NM

Livinginthe past
Sorry, Nigel - gotta agree with Tony here.

Hey go for it.

i got my patriots blinkers on :cheers:

NM

chrismartin99
Vinatieri almost shanked it.

He's probably still secretly playing for the patsies.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 07:22 PM
thats in the last 2 minutes i believe.

That is what I thought too.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 07:22 PM
not. that wasnt coached. pure blind luck. actually the ball was recovered buy the colts and the player was down. just like when d. brees fumbled. different officiating crews i guess :rolleyes:

If the Colt player had the ball, it would not have wound up in the end zone:dang:
they are not going to get the call this year like they got against the Steelers last year.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 07:23 PM

It's a conspiracy, I tell you! :sofunny:

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM

Belichek's new strategy - assimilate all players so if they go to another team they will sabotage them when they play head-to-head in the post season.

:borg:

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM
People told me that the Pats could not stop the Colts pass game.
So far so good.
Now NE just run the ball. 67 yards so far.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 07:28 PM
People told me that the Pats could not stop the Colts pass game.
So far so good.
Now NE just run the ball. 67 yards so far.

Its still a huge threat and will remain so the whole game.

Indy Wr's dont have any peer in the NFL as a tandem - as well as the raw talent they are just so in tune with Manning its untrue - they make alot of great plays by coming back to the ball when peyton is in trouble.

NM

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 07:29 PM
i thought i spotted 'chick on the sideline but appearantly ALL the assistants wear the unabomber garb
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/unabomber.gif

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Maroney should have been stuffed in the backfield there.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 07:31 PM
NICE MOVE!

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
finally freeney gets through. about 2 more hits like that could go a long way

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 07:35 PM
The pats probably wouldn't be going for it on 4th and 6 if they still had Vini. They might decide to attempt the 52 yarder during the commercial break though.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 07:36 PM
CLUTCH!!!

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 07:37 PM
that is why i hate cover 2

fansince'76
Where have I seen this before? Christ.

Indy_Steelers
14-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Wheres that run D at now INDY?

Boo Yaaaa corey Dillon waltzes in.

Big series for the New England D here.

NM

SteelCzar76
01-21-2007, 07:39 PM
I guess Defense is once again "optional" for the Colts tonight.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

touchdownward
Aside from a love tap on the leg, Dillon walked in untouched.

fansince'76
Manning is due for a big INT about now, if this game stays true to the usual script.

Hines0wnz
It is bad D when Corey Dillon can get in the end zone untouched.

The Colts' defenders are confused.

Livinginthe past
That 4th and 6 had nothing to do with Gosttkowski and everything to do with Brady and his o-line on must-make plays.

Great protection on the blitz.

NM

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 07:40 PM
that is why i hate cover 2its the best defense in the world. the steelers will b3e running it! :rolleyes:

chrismartin99
Wow, I hope we play the Dolts again next year in the playoffs. What a bunch of chokers. Terrible.

OneForTheToe
Well, that's the Colt's run D the rest of the league has learned to laugh at.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Colts got lucky they did not lose it

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 07:41 PM
My 16 year old daughter just came down here's how the conversation went:

Lauren: Hey dad, who's winning the game?
Me: The Patriots
Lauren: Cool, what's the score?
Me: 14-3
Lauren: That's great, so the Patriots are going to go to the super bowl again?
Me: Looks that way so far.
Lauren: That's awesome dad, than I get to look at Tom Brady on Super Bowl Sunday!
:dang: :dang: :dang:
Me: Shut up and make me a drink! :smile:

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Manning is due for a big INT about now, if this game stays true to the usual script.

good call

HometownGal
O M F G is all I can think of right now.

OneForTheToe

:sofunny: ok

Livinginthe past
Oh YEAHH PICKED OFF

TD NEW ENGLAND

Cue Manning face.

Yeahhhhhhhh

NM

Indy_Steelers
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
Manning is due for a big INT about now, if this game stays true to the usual script.yeah, a deep shot is too predictable. they just need to kep on keepin on and grind it out. important for the colts to keep the ball out of bradys hands. as i type this manning is intercepted for a td.

good call

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Can the game be over this early?

:eye:

touchdownward
Interception for a TD!!! The Manning Choketoberfest continues.

LarryNJ
Wow, I hope we play the Dolts again next year in the playoffs. What a bunch of chokers. Terrible.

May be a little more than chockers.

fansince'76

Did I call it, or did I call it?

Livinginthe past
Give Asante the props - what a play.

Patriots executing beautifully so far.

Not counting any chickns yet though.

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Can the game be over this early?:eye:

Hmmm...what's on HBO tonight?

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Did I call it, or did I call it?

You Da man 76!

Great call.

:cheers:

NM

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow ! The shot of Mannings face never gets old after he makes a bad play. I wonder which teamate he is going to blame this on

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 07:46 PM
21-3

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Will someone PLEASE take that bowl away from Manning.....

---he's choking again

SteelCzar76
O M F G is all I can think of right now.

You took the exact words right out of my mouth.:ouch: So much for my "big game' for Peyton prediction ? LOL Samuel jumped the route,.....but DAMN.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
that is a sack

NE is playing like the Steelers did last year

steelerbackr4life

Rome you get to watch people get slaughtered. Oh wait a second you are watching the Colts get slaughtered now:toofunny:

fansince'76
Game over - let the blowout commence.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Another dropped pass

steelerbackr4life
01-21-2007, 07:50 PM
That was great to see Peyton get smacked. Congrats LITP Id love to stay and watch more of the Manning cry fest but I have to go play some Ice Hockey!

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 07:52 PM
What the hell is Sanders celebrating a tackle for? Dumbass, you're 3 scores behind!

MACH1
So should we start a poll on who peytons going to throw under the bus this year?

chrismartin99
The Colts are so overrated. Hey Peyton, stop taking another AFC team's spot in the playoffs every year jagoff!

LarryNJ
I was rooting for the Colts but it is a pleasure to watch Manning choke again. It looks like 2 weeks till Brady locks up his place in history with the greatest QB's of all time.

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 07:54 PM
It's only the first half.

This is killing me, I hate the Pats.

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 07:55 PM
So sahould we start a poll on who peytons going to throw under the bus this year?
Let's just say we had some protection problems. :wink02:

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Surely these Dolts fans can't continue to be disillusioned by Peytoon's annual choke.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 07:56 PM
It's only the first half.

This is killing me, I hate the Pats.

Same here - Manning's pouting, and the Pats are moving the ball at will. 2nd half will probably be worse.

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 07:57 PM
The pats are getting a little sloppy here right before the half.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 07:57 PM
The refs had better D than the Colts there.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 07:58 PM
If the Colts take it down the field and score a TD, I will at least stick around for the 2nd half. If they don't, the game's going off.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Jeez offensive past interference?

thats a rarely called penalty no?

Our CBs have to keep up their level of play.

Manning is going to put the whole show on his shoulders again

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 07:59 PM
I was rooting for the Colts but it is a pleasure to watch Manning choke again. It looks like 2 weeks till Brady locks up his place in history with the greatest QB's of all time.

Thanks man, I was trying to enjoy my beer......now I'm all...

:puke:

SteelCzar76
01-21-2007, 08:01 PM

THE best show on television, (Let alone Cable)... ROME.

fansince'76
The Colts need to settle the hell down - there are no 18-point plays. Stop going for the home run on every frigging play!

Hines0wnz
Peyton needs to learn Brady's 2 favorite pass plays: dink and dunk.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 08:02 PM
The Colts need to settle the hell down - there are no 18-point plays. Stop going for the home run on every frigging play!

:iagree:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 08:04 PM

Your biased.

you're a freaking emporer

:sofunny:

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Peyton needs to learn Brady's 2 favorite pass plays: dink and dunk.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 08:08 PM
YEAH!!! 1st down Colts!

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Colt's O is looking sharp.

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 08:10 PM
This game is far from over people.

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 08:11 PM

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :tt02:

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Ummm - that looked a bit like pass interference to me!!!!!!!

fansince'76
Ummm - that looked a bit like pass interference to me!!!!!!!

Yeah, they finally called it on the 2nd go-round.

Never mind.

MACH1
Piss poor refs

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:13 PM
good call

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:14 PM
OMG, he tripped on his own foot!

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 08:14 PM
good call

Good non-call when the guy was visibly holding onto Clark's arm on the previous play too.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Wow Denver flashback.

All the replays show that Wayne tripped over his onw feet.

Nice redzone D patriots.

NM

touchdownward
Good non-call. It was iffy though.

LarryNJ
I think it was a good call too. I guess it's not over but it's looking dim for the colts. They can't score a TD.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:16 PM
the Colts got the calls last year in the playoff game vs. the Steelers. not this year.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Looks like polians pregame bleating to the refs about pass interference not being called hasn't worked.

As Steeler fans you should be applauding this - its not freaking touch football

NM

MACH1
01-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Looks like polians pregame bleating to the refs about pass interference not being called hasn't worked.

NM

As long as it called both ways

SteelCityMan786
01-21-2007, 08:17 PM

NM

Yep, I am.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Adam V. has 30 of the Colts 42 points in the post season

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 08:18 PM

NM

Actually, I am - the PI calls in this league have gotten ridiculous thanks to the Manning Rules. Props to the Pats secondary - they're covering the Colts receivers like a blanket.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 08:19 PM
I was disappointed the with the drive before the Colts scored - we had them there for the taking and we took our foot off their windpipe - penalties at bad times.

Manning has his rhythm now - look out Patriots 2nd half. Patriots need to keep pounding the ball and converting 3rd downs.

This Colts team wont die easy.

NM

Hines0wnz
Colts must score a TD with the first possession in the 2nd half.

Indy_Steelers

i have to agree with that

Livinginthe past

Sure, I don't think the Colts have mugged any Patriots WR so far.

NM

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 08:20 PM
It's halftime and the Pats have a 21-6 lead. Colts really needed the TD there. I still stand by my prediction of a shootout with Manning edging out Brady though. :smile:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Yep, I am.

Thanks man. You know its right - iof we can get Polian off the competition commitee it would be a start - this isnt Canadian football.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Actually, I am - the PI calls in this league have gotten ridiculous thanks to the Manning Rules. Props to the Pats secondary - they're covering the Colts receivers like a blanket.

Hey its great to see - they have the deep ball covered nearly everytime.

Some great heads up play by the Db's on balls thrown into the endzone.

2nd half should be tasty - I think Manning has got his rhythm back.

NM

SteelCzar76
01-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Your biased.

you're a freaking emporer

:sofunny:

Who me ? I'm just a General. "I'am not King,.....but Caesar" Pats :sofunny: (Yeah okay,...i'm a just a little biased) LOL
And i still say the Colts make this a game in the second half.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Sure, I don't think the Colts have mugged any Patriots WR so far.

NM

They probly would if the D showed up.:sofunny:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Who me ? I'm just a General. "I'am not King,.....but Caesar" Pats :sofunny: (Yeah okay,...i'm a just a little biased) LOL
And i still say the Colts make this a game in the second half.

The Colts will definitely make this a game - despite half of theur fanbase hopping off the bandwagon before the 2nd Q even started - Indystar is absolute carnage.

The Patriots offensive playcalling has been spot on so far - I always think that Belichick can make the more effective changes at half time.

Dungy looks dumb struck - as usual.

This is still a game until the fat lady sings - the Colts are built for the quick strike and their fans wont pipe down.

Go Patriots

NM

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Dungy looks dumb struck - as usual.

It wasn't a good sign to see him grousing about the non-call on the last drive either (correct, by the way).

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:32 PM
that hurt

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:35 PM
that is waht the Colts need i good 7-8 minute drive

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:37 PM
the Colts have finally passed Dillon in rushing

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:39 PM
come on NE D

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 08:40 PM
C'mon Colts - get it into the EZ!

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
:banging:

MACH1
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
go for 2

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:42 PM
too early for that

touchdownward
Touchdown Colts, we have a ball game again.
I imagine those wagoneers from Indystar will come crawling back now.

fansince'76
Hopefully the Colts D can force a 3-and-out here.

HometownGal
:banana: :cheer: :banana: :thumbsup:

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:43 PM
NE needs some points on this drive

SteelCzar76
01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Good Job. They had to have that one. Now they need a big play on defense to gain some momentum and get inside the Patsies heads. C'mon Colts

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Good drive by the pony boys, now can the D come up with a stop and really make a game of this.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 08:45 PM

Shhhh....they have plenty! :wink02:

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Key drive here for the Patriots - we need 3 really.

Manning looked very good on that last drive.

Maroney doesnt appear to be really 'with it' so far in this game - got nailed on the KR

NM

Jeremy
01-21-2007, 08:47 PM
The Colts need a stop here to keep their momentum.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:48 PM
nice run

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Yes! THREE AND OUT!

Indy_Steelers
they did not get forward progress. that was a bad spot.
not that it mattered

HometownGal

Don't think so - great stop by the Colts D! :flap: :wink02: :cheer:

touchdownward
Nice tackling by the Colts D to stop the Pats from getting the first down.

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 08:50 PM
This is turning back into a game! Nice defensive stand there. Do you think Indy will get 7 more on this drive?

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 08:51 PM
This is turning back into a game! Nice defensive stand there. Do you think Indy will get 7 more on this drive?
If Indy gets 7 on this drive, that place will explode!

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:51 PM
come on LITP,:cheer: louder

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:53 PM
where is the D?

fansince'76
Pats D is sucking wind - this is good.

HometownGal
Look out Patsies - here come the Colts! Nice run by Rhodes ! :chicken:

LarryNJ
The stadium doesn't really sound that loud after 2 great plays.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:54 PM
nice catch Marvin, oh wait.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:55 PM
that was a false start. the lineman moved just to get the call and he can not do that. the Colts are getting the calls again.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Here go the Announcers with the flu excuse. Blech. :jerkit:

MACH1
01-21-2007, 08:56 PM
they can and they did

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:57 PM
that is the right call. all he has to do is turn his head.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 08:57 PM
that was a false start. the lineman moved just to get the call and he can not do that. the Colts are getting the calls again.

lovejoy - whatsa matta fo you? You're starting to sound like a Pats fan! :wink02: :wink02:

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
TOUCHDOWN COLTS!!!!!!! WOO HOOOOOOO! :banana:

Indy_Steelers
a tale of 2 halves

MACH1
WHAAAHAAAA tied up

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 08:59 PM
lovejoy - whatsa matta fo you? You're starting to sound like a Pats fan! :wink02: :wink02:

i am just stating the rules

LarryNJ

I know doesn't that just make you sick! lol at the smilely!
Houston we have a ball game!!!!! Well I guess I'll catch Rome on demand!

fansince'76
Wow - gutsy call going for the 2.

Livinginthe past
Patriots look awful tired on defense.

This one is on the offense - lets drive for points.

Go Patriots

NM

SteelCzar76
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT BABY !!!:tt02: Show them that you want it more than they do !

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Get 'er done!!! :cheer:

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 09:01 PM

Yep, just as soon as the Colts score and play good, out it comes.

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Patriots look awful tired on defense.

This one is on the offense - lets drive for points.

Go Patriots

NM

they seem to be playing like the Cincy D did a few weeks back

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 09:02 PM
YYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

touchdownward
01-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Great return by the Pats.......dammit. :smile:

Indy_Steelers
01-21-2007, 09:03 PM
1st and goal

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 09:03 PM
This one just might come down to a toe - hope it's Adam V's. GO COLTS! :cheer:

MACH1
01-21-2007, 09:05 PM
nice drop

Indy_Steelers
:banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

fansince'76
Shades of Jackie Smith there - thanks for dropping it, Reche.

touchdownward
Whiff by Caldwell!

LarryNJ
My gosh, he was wide open. Was that Jackie Smith?

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah thats clutch.

Thats the patriots

Champions make those plays.Manning and his o-line are playing awesome.

Patriots need some pressure

NM

MACH1
01-21-2007, 09:06 PM
thats not a td

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 09:07 PM
thats not a td

No, it's not - but is it irrefutable?

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah thats clutch.

Thats the patriots

Such a great 20-yard drive. :rolleyes:

SteelCzar76
01-21-2007, 09:08 PM
This one just might come down to a toe - hope it's Adam V's. GO COLTS! :cheer:

Would that not be poetic Justice ? The Foot that won them many a big game,...comes back to end this year's hopes of a Title. LOL

LarryNJ
01-21-2007, 09:08 PM
He never would of come down in bounds. But I don't think they over turn it.

MACH1
01-21-2007, 09:09 PM
i think he was out before he caught it

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 09:10 PM
BULL PUCKIES. :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 09:10 PM
i think he was out before he caught it

Yep, same here.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Would that not be poetic Justice ? The Foot that won them many a big game,...comes back to end this year's hopes of a Title. LOL

I would love nothing more. :cheers: