PDA

View Full Version : Mall Musings.....

Mamaduck43
01-20-2007, 08:56 PM
I just got home from spending a couple of hours at the local mall - - the third largest shopping center on Oahu........ I, of course, was wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers T-shirt - - my usual mall garb..... I noticed at least 40 people walking around with some sort of NFL team garb - - - - - and every single one of them was wearing Black and Gold...... One family caught my eye - - - Dad, mom, three boys and a little girl on dad's shoulders were all wearing Steelers jerseys, t-shirts and hats.........

After I realized that there was some sort of trend happening - - I looked very closely for other team colors..... Nary a one...... I love it.... I had people giving me high-fives, shakka signs and several said, "We will be back next year!!!"

Pittsburgh Steelers fans are the best.......

I found out when I got home that Chris Fu`umatu-Ma`afala was signing autographs at another mall this afternoon - - - I wonder how much Black and Gold was visible at that location.......

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Steeler fanatics in Hawaii! I love it! :tt02:

PisnNapalm
01-21-2007, 11:46 AM
:)

Last night my family and I went out for some shopping and dinner at Red Lobster. Of course all 4 in my family each had on our Steelers gear. It was not planned or anything it's just what we like to wear.

We live near Philly.

While waiting to be seated (maybe 20 minutes) I saw three families leave who were wearing Steelers gear. Also 2 in the lobby with us. During that time I saw only 2 people wearing their Eagles gear.

Keep wearing the colors proudly! You back the best team in the world!

In Cowher We Trust
01-21-2007, 12:43 PM
sweet!

MACH1
01-21-2007, 12:48 PM
I had a meeting with one of my contractors last week, (I had my leather Steelers coat on) and as I was walking across the parking lot I here somebody yelling YEAH Steeler Nation. I look to see who it was and it was a lawyer sticking his head out his third story office window. LMAO
Being a Steeler fan also has its privileges too.. My watch broke and I took it to a jewelry store to get it fixed and when I returned to pick it up it was fixed free of charge because the jeweler was a huge Steeler fan.

stillers4me
01-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I went to Petsmart on Cinci yesterday and had a nice conversation with a gal that had some puppies there......and she had a beautiful leather Steeler jacket hanging on the back of her chair!! We were instant friends......and no, I didn't take one of her puppies!! (2 furbabies is enough for me!!)

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 02:12 PM
XT and I attended the Pens/Leafs game last night and during one of the intermissions, we went outside and started talking with a few of the Leafs fans who made the trip down from Toronto and were among the few who were not inebriated. :sofunny: All of them said they were Steelers fans and that it was always so nice to come down for the weekend so they could enjoy the city and attend the game. It is always great to run into black 'n gold supporters from near and afar! :tt02:

Steelers
01-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I had a meeting with one of my contractors last week, (I had my leather Steelers coat on) and as I was walking across the parking lot I here somebody yelling YEAH Steeler Nation. I look to see who it was and it was a lawyer sticking his head out his third story office window. LMAO

Hahahaha! That's awesome. B&G fans are one of a kind.

memphissteelergirl
01-22-2007, 12:04 PM
The Steeler Nation....it's a beautiful thing! :tt02: :tt02:

MJ5150
01-22-2007, 12:27 PM
I can't wait to get to Pittsburgh on Wednesday. I'll be able to go to the mall decked out in Steeler gear, and I won't stick out like a sore thumb like I do around here. It will feel SO GREAT to be among "family" for the next month.

-Mike

NV STEELERS 723
01-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Great posts here...STEELER Nation is the best ! Tons of STEELER fans here too in So. NV ..My most recent ; I have my STEELERS SB Champs shirt on at Albertsons, and this guy walks over to me; hands me a bus. card and he says he gives 20% discounts to all STEELERS fans...

He was a plumber...

Course I wear a STEELERS lanyard at work w/ my ID.... and a beautiful STEELERS clip on watch... I always get great feedback on them..

alittlejazzbird
01-22-2007, 12:49 PM
NV Steelers, where did you get the watch? Just curious!

It's funny, I wear one or another of my Steelers shirts almost every Saturday when I'm out running errands here in Jets/Giants country, and I NEVER fail to strike up a conversation in a checkout line or store aisle or parking lot with other Steeler fans, whether relocated Pittsburghers (like me) or otherwise. I agree, there's nothing like the Steeler Nation!!!!

NV STEELERS 723
01-22-2007, 01:05 PM
MY sis bought it for me...I don't know where she got it...it has a tiny compass on it, and a tiny red laser light too for the dark...I bet you could find it online

Haiku_Dirtt
01-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Steeler fanatics in Hawaii! I love it! :tt02:

And we do love it bruddah! Proof that paradise and pigskins do go together.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-22-2007, 05:22 PM
I live in Clowns Town and I am almost always wearing Steelers stuff,I get some high fives...but I also get a lot of dirty looks and sometimes some jerks try to start fights.