PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Colts

hardwork
01-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Stick it to the Bears.

Great game.

Congratulation Patriots, you gave it a hell of an effort.

Newzfoxjr
01-21-2007, 09:21 PM
HOLY. CRAP.

Wow, I SO thought it was over and Brady would get another ring...but DAMN. HOLY. I'm practically speechless.

To see Brady blow it at the last second in the Conference Title Game....oh man....that's one thing less I need to see to make my life complete.

R2sojr
01-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I hate to say it but the Colts deserve it and Payton does most of all!!!....

How do you stop the bears from masturba****?

...Paint their d**** blue and white cause they wont beat them COLTS

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Im there I love the Patriots and they played a great game today - just great.

The Colts were just better - they played like champs today and I wish them well in the SB.

Champions take the game and thats what they done - I think that game will go down a classic - the Patriots were bound to end up on the wrong end of a nail biter sooner or later.

NM

Stlrs4Life
01-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Congrats Colts. What a game.

Hines0wnz
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
To see Brady blow it at the last second in the Conference Title Game....oh man....that's one thing less I need to see to make my life complete.

:iagree:

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Congrats Colts, Peytoon and Tony Dungy! :cheers: :thumbsup:

SteelCzar76
01-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Congrats to Dungy and his men. It was one of the best games i've seen in a long time. Props to the Pats,.....i'm glad to see them fall,......but they fought until the final bell. And are worthy of respect.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

floodcitygirl
01-21-2007, 09:33 PM
ABSOLUTELY!!! What a comeback! Congrats Colts! You made it happen when it mattered! :thumbsup:

stillers4me
01-21-2007, 09:38 PM
I still can't stand Peyton Manning........but they played a great game. But I still can't stand Peyton Manning.

Did I mention I can't stand Peyton Manning?

Newzfoxjr
01-21-2007, 09:40 PM
I still can't stand Peyton Manning........but they played a great game. But I still can't stand Peyton Manning.

I think Brady is worse. It's kind of like the lesser of two evils...I don't know. At least we beat Peyton last year. If we hadn't, then I'd probably be rooting for the Bears.

klick81
01-21-2007, 09:44 PM

I agree with you, but Dungy does deserve it!

hardwork
I'm happy for the Colts fans. It's a great feeling.

The team should rest up though, those Bears are PHYSICAL.

stillers4me

And I agree with YOU!!!

But I still can't stand Peyton Manning. :flap:

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 09:46 PM

Damn straight, especially considering the shafting he got in Tampa Bay. I wonder if the Glazier family is having any regrets about the way they screwed him over now? :flap:

Newzfoxjr
01-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm happy for the Colts fans. It's a great feeling.

The team should rest up though, those Bears are PHYSICAL.

I honestly think that if the Colts D plays like it has through the Playoffs then there should be no problem.

steelers07
01-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Congrats Colts! You really deserve this! Great game. Peyton Manning you looked awsome out there.

Good Luck....In the Super Bowl!

NV STEELERS 723
01-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Congrats Colts, Peytoon and Tony Dungy! :cheers: :thumbsup:

Way long over due....Go Colts.... it was a great game to watch..

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I think that game will go down a classic....

No question about it. Great game.

SteelCzar76
01-21-2007, 09:57 PM

No seriously Stillers,......how do you really feel about Peyton ?:sofunny:

iloveben7
01-21-2007, 10:03 PM
YAY the Colts won!! I'm really happy for Tony Dungy!! I also love how it ended with an interception thrown by Mr. Wonderful himself!!

NV STEELERS 723
01-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Next weekend at our home I'm watching the STEELERS playoff games 05.. including the Super Bowl..... Thanks HTG... !!!

I wore #86 all day ........ it seemed like he wanted me too .........

HERE WE GO STEELERS .... HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!

hardwork
I honestly think that if the Colts D plays like it has through the Playoffs then there should be no problem.

I agree. They should beat the Bears.

BlacknGold Bleeder
Great game the Colts finally got the monkey off their back!! Good luck to Dungy and his team in the Super Bowl !!

LITP, 3to4, I feel sorry for yins and your team, we been there done that.

Hardwhack crawl back under your rock, you will always be a :troll:

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Next weekend at our home I'm watching the STEELERS playoff games 05.. including the Super Bowl..... Thanks HTG... !!!

I wore #86 all day ........ it seemed like he wanted me too .........

HERE WE GO STEELERS .... HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!

You are most welcome! :smile: I love the Invincible DVD - it rocks - and thank YOU. :banana:

I feel badly for Brady - he gave it his all the entire game until the last 24 secs when he threw that pick, but I DO NOT feel badly for Beli-nfidelity. I still can't stomach him and that sauerkraut face he wore in his post-game interview was priceless. :sofunny:

hardwork
01-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Great game the Colts finally got the monkey off their back!! Good luck to Dungy and his team in the Super Bowl !!

LITP, 3to4, I feel sorry for yins and your team, we been there done that.

Hardwhack crawl back under your rock, you will always be a :troll:

You just watched a great game and you still can't post without inserting a personal insult? Clearly you're not a real football fan.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 10:18 PM
You just watched a great game and you still can't post without inserting a personal insult? Clearly you're not a real football fan.

Let it roll off your back, man.

Some poeple want to score points off this - then fine.

Our team done us proud today - lets leave the petty squabbles for another day

:cheers:

NM

hardwork
01-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Let it roll off your back, man.

Some poeple want to score points off this - then fine.

Our team done us proud today - lets leave the petty squabbles for another day

NM

All I did was point it out, LITP.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 10:22 PM
I feel badly for Brady - he gave it his all the entire game until the last 24 secs when he threw that pick....

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to sympathize with a guy who has 3 rings already and at 29 years old, is JUST NOW coming into his prime as a QB.

Livinginthe past
01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
All I did was point it out, LITP.

No big deal.

Just saying (as a Patriots fan) there is no need to get dragged down into anything too unsavory.

They'll be a little smack headed our way - but unless its from Colts fans - I dont think i'll give it the time of day.

We'll be back next year :cheers:

NM

hardwork
01-21-2007, 10:34 PM
No big deal.

Just saying (as a Patriots fan) there is no need to get dragged down into anything too unsavory.

They'll be a little smack headed our way - but unless its from Colts fans - I dont think i'll give it the time of day.

NM

I have no idea what your need is with this. None.

tony hipchest
01-21-2007, 10:38 PM
You just watched a great game and you still can't post without inserting a personal insult? Clearly you're not a real football fan.:chuckle: said the pot to the kettle.

:crying01:

a royalty thread awaits ...

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to sympathize with a guy who has 3 rings already and at 29 years old, is JUST NOW coming into his prime as a QB.

I calls it as I sees it fansince. I gotta give the guy his props - he is one helluva good QB. I can hate the team, that egomaniac coach and some of their fans who now have egg on their faces :flap: :wink02: , but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

BozMan
01-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I don't feel sorry for the Patriots one bit. They were lucky as hell to even to be playing in this game in the first place.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 11:07 PM
I calls it as I sees it fansince. I gotta give the guy his props - he is one helluva good QB....but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

That was kind of my point, HTG - the guy has 3 rings already and he is just now coming into his prime - I think that is giving him his props. You said you felt bad for Brady. Do I feel sorry for Brady because his team is not going to yet another SB? Nope.

HometownGal
01-21-2007, 11:11 PM
That was kind of my point, HTG - the guy has 3 rings already and he is just now coming into his prime - I think that is giving him his props. You said you felt bad for Brady. Do I feel sorry for Brady because his team is not going to yet another SB? Nope.

I don't feel sorry for Brady that he isn't going to another SB - I'm happy that our dynasty is still intact, but I do feel badly for him as he played well up until that last 24 secs. He's a gamer and gives it his all each and every game. He had several sure catches dropped that could have made the difference in that game. I don't want to get into a Brady discussion - I respect the guy for his accomplishments and his toughness as do you. We both just express it in different ways.

X-Terminator
01-21-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm glad the Colts won, but this prevents me with a dilemma, because I like both Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith and want to see them both win, so I have no idea who to root for. I'm leaning toward going AFC all the way though and keeping the title in the conference for the 4th straight season.

fansince'76
01-21-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm glad the Colts won, but this prevents me with a dilemma, because I like both Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith and want to see them both win, so I have no idea who to root for. I'm leaning toward going AFC all the way though and keeping the title in the conference for the 4th straight season.

I gotta go with Dungy. Ex-Steeler, screwed by Tampa Bay, son committing suicide - the guy's been through alot.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-21-2007, 11:53 PM

I didn't say it was a bad game ,it was a great game !! I gave props to LITP and 3 to 4, because they are true fans who post things here year round. personal insult ?? if that's what you call the truth, so be it. I don't want to be your definition of a real football fan,i.e. Patsy fan. I am a loyal true BLACK and GOLD football fan, a fan of the STEELER NATION !!! :tt02: :tt02:

tony hipchest
01-22-2007, 12:46 AM
I have no idea what your need is with this. None.

:huh:

[Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
No big deal.

We'll be back next year

NM

:huh:

"unsavory"??? this isnt cat food. :sofunny:

:alcoholic

DACEB
01-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Lights out Pats fans, 4 in 6 belongs to the only real DYNASTY in football The Pittsburgh Steelers. We have a tee time ready for you.

How did it go, oh yea, Hee hee ha ha, la la lala la.

Great game

PisnNapalm
01-22-2007, 08:34 AM
All last week I was trying to figure out exactly where I stood on the Colts/Pats game. I couldn't make up my mind entirely on who I wanted to win.

What I finally decided upon last night was that I liked Tony Dungy and would like to see him win a ring. If Manning gets one in the process then so be it. I think Dungy is a stand up guy.

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Congratulations to Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy and the whole Colts organization. I'm happy to see it. Represent the AFC well and win it all.

Mosca
01-22-2007, 08:43 AM
I think Brady is already thinking about what he wants to do for next year, or at least he will be thinking that very soon after he takes a vacation. This campaign is over and a new one is starting in another month or so.

Congrats to the Colts, congrats to the Pats for a great season when everyone had written you guys off at the beginning. It's interesting to note that your backyard receiver finally let you down when the chips were on the line; those were some pretty critical drops. But, you dance with who brung ya.

I haven't really liked Manning, but I'm starting to come around a little bit. I've heard he's a pretty good guy off the field, that counts a lot. Did anyone notice, he really started to get rattled in the second quarter, then he calmed down and pulled it together; that was almost worth the price of admission alone, to watch that emotional change.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2007, 08:48 AM
I haven't really liked Manning, but I'm starting to come around a little bit.

That's good to hear. I'm still trying to figure out why people dislike the guy exactly. In a day and age where athletes are getting arrested and tossed out of games left and right, this guy has kept his head on straight and continues to act like a professional.

By no means am I a "Peyton lover", I just respect the guy because he never gave me a reason to not respect him. Like I said, I'll never understand it but I guess it's just one of those funny things in the world of sports.

Mosca
01-22-2007, 09:10 AM
That's good to hear. I'm still trying to figure out why people dislike the guy exactly.

For me it was the Manning overload this year. Every freakin' commercial had Payton Manning in it. Enough already! Up until then I didn't care about him one way or the other.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2007, 09:14 AM
For me it was the Manning overload this year. Every freakin' commercial had Payton Manning in it. Enough already! Up until then I didn't care about him one way or the other.

Tom

Personally, I can't blame the guy. I know one thing, if I were one of the best QB's in the NFL and companies were coming up to me and asking if I wanted (insert money amount here) in order to do a 2 minute commercial I would jump on it every chance I got.

Oddly enough, I've actually caught myself laughing at one of his commercials. :sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-22-2007, 09:23 AM
My wife is quite the little Colts fan....her exact words were..."What could be cooler than your team winning the super bowl last year year and my team winning this year?"

To which I replied...."The Steelers winning both years?"

.....and got hit in the face with a pillow.

But to be honest...Peyton treated my son exceptionally his rookie year...(signed a ball for him..and got down on one knee so that they were eye to eye...and talked to him a bit)...so I do have a bit of respect for him. So I will be cheering on the Colts here in the middle of Bears country...(But I will still be wearing Black & Gold!!)

Godfather
01-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Oddly enough, I've actually caught myself laughing at one of his commercials. :sofunny:

I love the "This Is Sportscenter" spot with the Mannings, even though I'm neutral on Peyton and don't like Eli.

Godfather
01-22-2007, 09:41 AM
That game was great. It was nice to see an LSU guy score the winning touchdown.

Plus, nothing personal against our resident Pats fans, but only Patriots fans wanted to see them in the Super Bowl again. Would've been boring.

memphissteelergirl
01-22-2007, 10:47 AM

I feel the same way. Both men are class acts, and as an African-American, I am very proud that 2 black coaches will be on the sidelines in the SB...

On one hand, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Dungy and would love to see him get a ring (esp. after the way he got royally screwed in Tampa). Yet, I like the Bears...they have a strong tradition like the Steelers and I also love the city and have family members there.

Well I guess this is one I will just sit back and enjoy and not necessarily cheer for one side or the other...just watch it as good football.

Livinginthe past
01-22-2007, 10:49 AM
I think Brady is already thinking about what he wants to do for next year, or at least he will be thinking that very soon after he takes a vacation. This campaign is over and a new one is starting in another month or so.

Congrats to the Colts, congrats to the Pats for a great season when everyone had written you guys off at the beginning. It's interesting to note that your backyard receiver finally let you down when the chips were on the line; those were some pretty critical drops. But, you dance with who brung ya.

I haven't really liked Manning, but I'm starting to come around a little bit. I've heard he's a pretty good guy off the field, that counts a lot. Did anyone notice, he really started to get rattled in the second quarter, then he calmed down and pulled it together; that was almost worth the price of admission alone, to watch that emotional change.

Tom

Cheers Tom,

You know, after Manning threw that pick I nearly felt sorry for him - the look on his face wasn't even the typical 'why does this always happen to me' - he had this crooked grin like it was fate.

But to turn that round like he did was special, some of those throws he made with Patriots right in face in the 4th quarter were very special - regular season Peyton finally came to the post season.

Caldwells drops were pretty poor but only one of them really cost us - Brady made the TD throw to Gaffney on 3rd down after he dropped his first one.

Biggest play of the game for me was Bob Sanders (who else?) diving in front of Troy Brown on a 3rd down when the Patriots were trying to run the clock down - that ball was going straight into Troy's midriff and would have been a first down - and probably the game.

The Patriots have made so many of those type plays over the years, its not surprising another team pulled it on them.

How about two TD's for O-linemen off fumbles by RB's?

Weird game.

NM

DACEB
01-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Great game, big props to the Colts. Hard fought on both sides.

Great hearing from LITP, he knows what kind of team he has in the Pats.

Heres to next year, Steelers vs Pats again!!

hardwork
01-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I calls it as I sees it fansince. I gotta give the guy his props - he is one helluva good QB. I can hate the team, that egomaniac coach and some of their fans who now have egg on their faces :flap: :wink02: , but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

Egg on their faces?

When the pre-season started, and almost every Steeler fan in here was saying the Patriots are finished, some of us New England fans said, no deal. We stepped up, put our money where our mouths are, and predicted they'd go all the way.

Yesterday they came within 4 yards, 12 feet, of being able to run the clock out and go to the SB.

Who has egg on their faces?

BTW, the report of muskets will be heard again, through out the land, in just a few months, when the Patriots begin their next drive to the Super Bowl.

MACH1
01-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Egg on their faces?

The team that gave up a point a minute in the second half..:toofunny:
32 in 30

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Egg on their faces?

When the pre-season started, and almost every Steeler fan in here was saying the Patriots are finished, some of us New England fans said, no deal. We stepped up, put our money where our mouths are, and predicted they'd go all the way.

Yesterday they came within 4 yards, 12 feet, of being able to run the clock out and go to the SB.

BTW, the report of muskets will be heard again, through out the land, when the Patriots begin their next drive to the Super Bowl.

Hey hw - it was YOU who were so convinced that the Pats were going to get Ring#4 this season, not I. I just made a post the other day stating that I just did not believe this was the year they were going to get it.

4 yards - 12 feet? Are you sure you were watching the same game I was? :wink02:

I gave props to Brady in my post above - what more do you expect? If you want me to say that the Pats were the better team yesterday, I can concede that they most definitely were in the first half, but they gift-wrapped and handed that game to the Colts in the 2nd half much the same way the Bolts handed the Pats the game last week. :flap: :flap:

hardwork
01-22-2007, 11:52 AM
The team that gave up a point a minute in the second half..:toofunny:
32 in 30

Ahh, the jealousy. I love it.

MACH1
01-22-2007, 11:55 AM

Yeahhhh right.. jealous of that choke job..

HometownGal

Jealous of what, hw? Our dynasty remains intact. Yours....well, you know. :wink02:

hardwork
Hey hw - it was YOU who were so convinced that the Pats were going to get Ring#4 this season

Exactly, and they came within 4 yards of doing just that.

MACH1
01-22-2007, 11:57 AM

4 yards may as well be 400, you still lost.....:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 12:00 PM

Coming within 4 yards, 4 feet, 4 inches - it doesn't matter. They didn't succeed and the Colts are going on to SB XLI. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Stop making excuses, hw - the Pats were not the better team in the 2nd half of that game and are now just one more team joining the spectators who will watch the Colts and the Bears in the big game. :wink02:

hardwork
01-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Jealous of what, hw? Our dynasty remains intact. Yours....well, you know. :wink02:

Your dynasty? Lol. You like living in an ancient castle do you? You like pretending that team way back then has something to do with the present moment, do you?

MACH1
01-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Your dynasty? Lol. You like living in an ancient castle do you? You like pretending that team way back then has something to do with the present moment, do you?

Now who's the one thats jealous.

hardwork
01-22-2007, 12:06 PM
The Airborne, Ranger, Special Forces, Delta, hard charging, fearless, fighting, PATRIOTS.

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 12:08 PM

And you act like you knew who the Patriots were before 2001. :flap: :flap:

hw - green is definitely not a good color on you. :wink02:

4 in 6. Remember those numbers. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

memphissteelergirl
01-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Now who's the one thats jealous.

Zing!! :sofunny:

hardwork
01-22-2007, 12:21 PM
The President has announced that at 2330 Long Range Patrol Team New England Patriots, Americas best, will parachute into the border lands between Pakistan and Afghanistan to capture bin Laden.

Wish them luck Americans.

tony hipchest
01-22-2007, 12:29 PM
The President has announced that at 2330 Long Range Patrol Team New England Patriots, Americas best, will parachute into the border lands between Pakistan and Afghanistan to capture bin Laden.

http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/images/avatars/1.gif

fansince'76
01-22-2007, 12:37 PM

:yawn: :coffee:

DACEB
01-22-2007, 12:40 PM

I've been waiting for you hw, I figured you would be heading for the golf course. Wait do they let little girls play on the big boys course, maybe you should head out for minigolf.

Hee Hee Ha Ha :tt02: 4 in 6 Steelers The True Dynasty :tt02:

DACEB
01-22-2007, 12:45 PM

Look whos living in the past (no pun intended LITP) the Pats haven't done anything for years. Up until yesterday WE were AFC Champs, and until Feb. 4 are still Superbowl Champs.

Go play outside little girl. :cheer:

You asked for it you get it!!! nuff said

NV STEELERS 723
01-22-2007, 01:21 PM
My wife is quite the little Colts fan....her exact words were..."What could be cooler than your team winning the super bowl last year year and my team winning this year?"

But to be honest...Peyton treated my son exceptionally his rookie year...(signed a ball for him..and got down on one knee so that they were eye to eye...and talked to him a bit)...so I do have a bit of respect for him. So I will be cheering on the Colts here in the middle of Bears country...(But I will still be wearing Black & Gold!!)

Thats funny LLT!

Peyton seems like he'd be a good guy to cross paths with....its his winer lil brother I can't stand...
GO COLTS !!!!!

Mosca
01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/images/avatars/1.gif

Nice graphic Tony!

Tom

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 01:32 PM

Great story, LLT! :toofunny: :toofunny:

Peytoon is a very likeable guy. I have one of Kenny Chesney's concerts on tape and Peytoon, being a college rival and bud of Kenny's, joined him on stage to sing. I think Kenny Chesney went up to his elbow - LOL! He's always come across to me as a truly genuine guy, but I was a little turned off by his finger-pointing after the AFCC last season. He finally quieted the naysayers, admittedly including me, and is going to the big game in two weeks.

I get tired of the Peytoon love fest and his annoying as hell commercials, but I respect the guy for his accomplishments on the field and for being a very generous contributor and participant in childrens' charities, not only in the Indianapolis area but country-wide. :thumbsup:

Atlanta Dan
01-22-2007, 01:43 PM

It makes perfect sense the architects of our glorious triumph in Iraq are sending yesterday's losers in to "complete the mission." Dumb, met Dumber.

hardwork
01-22-2007, 02:01 PM
It makes perfect sense the architects of our glorious triumph in Iraq are sending yesterday's losers in to "complete the mission." Dumb, met Dumber.

Oh, my my my.

MACH1
01-22-2007, 02:02 PM

Their just the target practice decoys so the real men can get the job done. Besides if they could catch that diaper head they'd choke the opportunity away anyways.:sofunny:

hardwork
01-22-2007, 02:07 PM
I've been waiting for you hw, I figured you would be heading for the golf course. Wait do they let little girls play on the big boys course, maybe you should head out for minigolf.

Hee Hee Ha Ha :tt02: 4 in 6 Steelers The True Dynasty :tt02:

And you live in Massachusetts? Benedict Arnold.

DACEB
01-22-2007, 02:19 PM
And you live in Massachusetts? Benedict Arnold.

Maybe you jumped on the Pats bandwagon back in 01, but a real fan stays with thier team. :tt02:

hardwork
01-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Their just the target practice decoys so the real men can get the job done. Besides if they could catch that diaper head they'd choke the opportunity away anyways.:sofunny:

"Bitterness is an emotion which encompasses feelings of anger and hatred. It is often a feeling of resentment directed towards others for reasons of neglect, jealousy, or trauma."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitterness_%28emotion%29

Feeling neglected by all the attention the Patriots have been getting? Jealous of the Patriots success over the past several years? Traumatized by your losses to New England? Afraid, and rightly so, New England will block your SB chances again?

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

Atlanta Dan
01-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Oh, my my my.

That's all you got???!!!:sofunny:

C'mon - I know watching the Pats blow a 21-3 lead to Peyton has to have you questioning your entire set of beliefs, but the hardwork I used to know on this board had much more of an edge than that comeback. But maybe you are taking a cue from "Monk" Belichek and sulking in your gray hoodie while only being capable of monosyallabic responses in the face of the biggest collapse in championship game history.

hardwork
01-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Maybe you jumped on the Pats bandwagon back in 01, but a real fan stays with thier team. :tt02:

Then again maybe I've been a fan since 1960 watching them play at Braves Field, Harvard Stadium, Fenway Park, and the old stadium in Foxboro. Then again maybe I've been a Patriots fan longer then 90 percent of you have been Steeler fans.

tony hipchest
01-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Then again maybe I've been a fan since 1960 watching them play at Braves Field, Harvard Stadium, Fenway Park, and the old stadium in Foxboro. Then again maybe I've been a Patriots fan longer then 90 percent of you have been Steeler fans.sorry to hear that. here you go :cookie:

hardwork
01-22-2007, 02:33 PM
That's all you got???!!!:sofunny:

C'mon - I know watching the Pats blow a 21-3 lead to Peyton has to have you questioning your entire set of beliefs, but the hardwork I used to know on this board had much more of an edge than that comeback. But maybe you are taking a cue from "Monk" Belichek and sulking in your gray hoodie while only being capable of monosyallabic responses in the face of the biggest collapse in championship game history.

Why Dan, I thought you would be one of the smarter ones, seeing the game as it unfolded through non-toxic eyes. Oh well, I guess the bitterness bug has bitten you to.

fansince'76
01-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Why Dan, I thought you would be one of the smarter ones, seeing the game as it unfolded through non-toxic eyes. Oh well, I guess the bitterness bug has bitten you to.

I can't speak for Dan, but personally, no bitterness here at all. I happen to be happier than a pig in shit over yesterday's outcome. :bouncy:

MACH1
01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
I can't speak for Dan, but personally, no bitterness here at all. I happen to be happier than a pig in shit over yesterday's outcome. :bouncy:

Yep....I'm pretty happy myself.
I think hw is just jealous that his team of little girls cant and will never get 4 in 6

Atlanta Dan
01-22-2007, 02:57 PM

Nothing bitter about it; I wished both LITP and you happy viewing before yesterday's game and noted to LITP that his post-game statements on the board last night were very classy, especially since long term Steeler fans (as long as we are comparing our fan bona fides I go back to going with my Dad to see Bobby Layne play at Forbes Field) know both the exhilaration of SB wins and disappointment of championship game defeats.

But your post that a team coming off what was by any measure a collapse (or simply karmic payback by the football gods for doing the post-game Merriman sack dance?) has now been chosen by a President who has something less than an unblemished record of wise decisions to lead the charge to victory overseas was just too tempting a target. :smile:

That having been said, I look forward to future Steelers-Pats battles between two of the most respected franchises in the league.

stlrtruck
01-22-2007, 03:22 PM
That having been said, I look forward to future Steelers-Pats battles between two of the most respected franchises in the league.

Up until that last one, you were doing good. I was right with you. But honestly, does anyone want to see the pansies. Not because I fear them but because I'm tired of them. The coaches lack of respect for himself, for others, and the general crap that comes out of NE! Although the majority of the fans I've run in to are low-key and not obnoxious (but then again I couldn't tell as they slid under the truck - j/k) there's just an air about them that makes me think, "Maybe your daddy missed a beating or two or three!"

Really what I can't wait to see is the further collapse of the Evil Empire as the J-E-T-S and Dolphins take control of that division again!

Atlanta Dan
01-22-2007, 03:34 PM
He is not anyone I find particularly gracious, but Belichek is a great coach; in addition, Brady is a great QB, and Kraft has done a masterful job of raising the value of that franchise. All in all, a pretty sound operation.

The Steelers games I enjoy most are the ones against the other top franchises - I was rooting against them yesterday (I like Dungy) but each decade seems to have a dominant team and this decade's Pats get ranked with the 90s Cowboys/80s 49ers/70s Steelers/and 60s Packers.

If some outfit like the Ravens had this winning record I would not respect them, but for the reasons set forth above I think the Pats have earned respect.

Livinginthe past
01-22-2007, 03:48 PM
He is not anyone I find particularly gracious, but Belichek is a great coach; in addition, Brady is a great QB, and Kraft has done a masterful job of raising the value of that franchise. All in all, a pretty sound operation.

The Steelers games I enjoy most are the ones against the other top franchises - I was rooting against them yesterday (I like Dungy) but each decade seems to have a dominant team and this decade's Pats get ranked with the 90s Cowboys/80s 49ers/70s Steelers/and 60s Packers.

If some outfit like the Ravens had this winning record I would not respect them, but for the reasons set forth above I think the Pats have earned respect.

Thanks, Dan.

Good post.

I think while we still have the key components in place we'll be challengers for the foreseeable future.

The Steelers are in a period of adjustment, but certainly have the right culture to challenge for the AFCN again this year - I think alot of lessons will have been learned.

NM

iloveben7
01-22-2007, 04:25 PM
No big deal.

NM
Oh but you can give us Steeler fans smack but we can't give you any!! What's football without talking smack anyway?

Don't worry we will be back too!!

Livinginthe past
01-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh but you can give us Steeler fans smack but we can't give you any!! What's football without talking smack anyway?

Don't worry we will be back too!!

Who said you can't give it?

I just said I wouldnt respond to it - id take my lumps if it was the Steelers who beat the Patriots...but they didnt even make the postseason.

NM

tony hipchest
01-22-2007, 05:38 PM
I just said I wouldnt respond to it - id take my lumps if it was the Steelers who beat the Patriots...but they didnt even make the postseason.

NMwhat a cop out.

anyways the colts definitely deserve the congrats. i listened to tony dungys weekly spot on sirius this morning. he said the 1st thing that came to his mind after the game was over (we know it was his son but he wouldnt announce that) was all the great teachers who paved the way for him to have this success, particularly chuck noll. he said all those years with the steelers set the foundation and that he was grateful.

he really appreciated the gesture from belichick after the game for the hug, kind words, and the more than 2 secends he spent offering congratulations. he said that meant alot coming from a great coach and that everytime the colts lost to the pats he made it a point to wish him luck and comment on his good teams.

excellent guy and near impossible to root against, just like peyton and marvin. no suprise so many picked these guys to win just because they WANTED them to win, despite the surmounting odds stacked against them (the belief that brady can do no wrong and manning can do no right).

floodcitygirl
01-22-2007, 05:56 PM

NMNo desire to stir controversy here, but I do find it interesting that last week when the Pats won, you were more than interested in talking smack or anything else with Steeler fans who weren't involved in that game or the postseason, yet this week we aren't worth talking to about it??? :hunch:

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 05:57 PM

NM

When all is said and done, Nigel, the Pats and their fans are going to be watching the Colts and the Bears in the big game just like the rest of us, whether it be in attendance at Dolphins Stadium, at the local boozehouse or from the comfort of their homes. If you look at it realistically, the Pats ended up no better than us this season - they don't give out trophies or rings for Conference Championship losers. :wink02:

hardwork
01-22-2007, 06:08 PM
The point is this. I started this thread to congratulate the Colts. I meant that. They, and particularly Manning, had a great game. They came from far behind to beat us. This thread is posted in the NFL forum. This is NOT the furnace. However some here very quickly turned it into a bash the Patriots thread. Fine, you want to play that game in this forum expect me to go into the Steeler threads and bash the Steelers. If you want to talk football, congratulate the Colts in this thread, or talk about the game, but don't use it as an alternative to the furnace.

Livinginthe past
01-22-2007, 06:09 PM
When all is said and done, Nigel, the Pats and their fans are going to be watching the Colts and the Bears in the big game just like the rest of us, whether it be in attendance at Dolphins Stadium, at the local boozehouse or from the comfort of their homes. If you look at it realistically, the Pats ended up no better than us this season - they don't give out trophies or rings for Conference Championship losers. :wink02:

I wouldnt quite go that far - but if you want to think that the Steelers achieved as much as the Patriots this year - I wont try to disuade you.

If I was to look at things 'realisticially' I could say Pittsburgh was no better than the 49ers this year - finished 3rd in their division and out of the playoffs.

Perspective is everything, I guess.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-22-2007, 06:11 PM
The point is this. I started this thread to congratulate the Colts. I meant that. They, and particularly Manning, had a great game. They came from far behind to beat us. This thread is posted in the NFL forum. This is NOT the furnace. However some here very quickly turned it into a bash the Patriots thread. Fine, you want to play that game in this forum expect me to go into the Steeler threads and bash the Steelers. If you want to talk football, congratulate the Colts in this thread, or talk about the game, but don't use it as an alternative to the furnace.

Now thats a good point.

NM

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 06:19 PM

Wow - I guess you told us (NOT). I shall retreat to my room and have a good cry. :crying01: :crying01: Hey - got a Kleenex?

SteelCzar76
01-22-2007, 06:24 PM

Actually the "point" is as such,......this is a STEELER message board. And being that this is the case,....you are hardly in any position to make demands in regards to Steeler fans having any regard for your "emotions" following the loss to the Colts.
Especially in light of the amount of nonsense that you post on an almost regular basis here.

Atlanta Dan
01-22-2007, 06:24 PM
This is the post by hardwork to which I responded today in this thread (hardwork - your defense to crashing the Welcome Tomlin thread showed up in a post by LITP quoting your post)

Originally Posted by hardwork

Walk me through which part of this post has anything to do with congratulating the Colts (or for that matter makes sense)?

MACH1
01-22-2007, 06:31 PM

Congratulations to the Colts for handing the pats their a**'s. Hows that? Good enough for ya?

Got Kleenex

hardwork
01-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Actually the "point" is as such,......this is a STEELER message board. And being that this is the case,....you are hardly in any position to make demands in regards to Steeler fans

Yeah, what are you going to do about it?

Lol

hardwork
01-22-2007, 06:46 PM
This is the post by hardwork to which I responded today in this thread (hardwork - your defense to crashing the Welcome Tomlin thread showed up in a post by LITP quoting your post)

Originally Posted by hardwork

Walk me through which part of this post has anything to do with congratulating the Colts (or for that matter makes sense)?

Found me too irresistible to ignore, sweetheart?

floodcitygirl
01-22-2007, 06:58 PM
The point is this. I started this thread to congratulate the Colts. I meant that. They, and particularly Manning, had a great game. They came from far behind to beat us. This thread is posted in the NFL forum. This is NOT the furnace. However some here very quickly turned it into a bash the Patriots thread. Fine, you want to play that game in this forum expect me to go into the Steeler threads and bash the Steelers. If you want to talk football, congratulate the Colts in this thread, or talk about the game, but don't use it as an alternative to the furnace.So you're trying to say that you and other Pat fans were only talking smack about the Steelers last week in the BF and not in other forums???!!! (The same Steelers who weren't in the playoffs last week either BTW.) Riiiiight!

hardwork
01-22-2007, 07:05 PM
(The same Steelers who weren't in the playoffs last week either BTW.)

I'm sure that's painful for you!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!!

floodcitygirl
01-22-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm sure that's painful for you!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!!What would be painful??? Actually I'm doing quite well...thanks for your concern...enjoyed seeing your boys choke yesterday. The point that you try to miss is that the Steelers had no stake in either game and yet you ran smack against the Steelers all over our board last week and thought that should be fine. This week you feel differently about how things should be done. Let's see what's different???......Oh yeah....

SteelCzar76
01-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, what are you going to do about it?

Lol

Surely you can do better than this ?

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 07:30 PM

What would be painful about it? So the Steelers didn't make the playoffs this year - given the franchise history and our record-setting SB run and victory last season, we have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. We'll be back - we always are. In retrospect, though - making the playoffs don't mean jack diddly squat if you don't get to the big game now does it? Boo fookity hoo. :crying01: Isn't there a Pats board you can share your Kleenex and binkie with? :binky: :flap:

SteelCzar76
01-22-2007, 07:49 PM
What would be painful about it? So the Steelers didn't make the playoffs this year - given the franchise history and our record-setting SB run and victory last season, we have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. We'll be back - we always are. In retrospect, though - making the playoffs don't mean jack diddly squat if you don't get to the big game now does it? Boo fookity hoo. :crying01: Isn't there a Pats board you can share your Kleenex and binkie with? :binky: :flap:

Heeeyy HomeTown,....don't be so hard on him. "Him just a widdle guy and him feelwings get hurt easy" :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Heeeyy HomeTown,....don't be so hard on him. "Him just a widdle guy and him feelwings get hurt easy" :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

I like hw and he knows I'm just smackin' - this is the BF afterall! I do believe he needs to let go of his bitterness over yesterday's game, though, and a Steelers BB really isn't the place to do it - LOL!

iloveben7
01-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Hmm............I seem to think that you are feeling the same way because your Patriots aren't playing in the Superbowl because the Colts beat them!! Also it isn't painful for us because of the great franchise we have~5 SBs-4 in 6 years and our amazing run last year that no one else could've done!!