PDA

View Full Version : For our resident Pat fans 3/4, litp and hardwork

augustashark
01-22-2007, 01:18 AM
http://www.realisticdrawing.com/loyalist/art_supplies/kleenex.jpg

Use all you want.:wave:

SteelersWoman
01-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Well Pats fans, I for one, picked you guys to win.

It might be because now that Peyton's gained playoff confidence, we need to add HIM to the "Uh oh--here come the ...." (fill in the blank) list. Before, everyone could always count on him to mess up when they needed him to. Peyton with POC?? JUST what we all need :shake01: :dang:

Or it might be because I just couldn't count out Tom and Bill--they usually find a way to get it done.

Too bad they didn't LITP-- has to be heartbreaking to get that close and not come away with it :sorry:

You guys have NOTHING to be ashamed of. Here's to a great '06/'07 season-- here's to a great team :salute:

Jeremy
01-22-2007, 09:05 AM
You guys have NOTHING to be ashamed of.

Except for that fact that your head coach is the single biggest jerk in all of pro football.

tony hipchest
01-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Except for that fact that your head coach is the single biggest jerk in all of pro football.:sofunny:

...and that brady choked with a clutch interception.

...and that his security blanket vinatieri was allowed to escape to the colts.

stlrtruck
01-22-2007, 10:16 AM
The only thing that would have been better in this game would have been Vinateri kicking a game winning 54 yarder!!!

Now that would have been the icing on the pansies losing!

memphissteelergirl
01-22-2007, 11:19 AM
The only thing that would have been better in this game would have been Vinateri kicking a game winning 54 yarder!!!

Now that would have been the icing on the pansies losing!

Hehe...so true, so true! :sofunny:

I was yelling and dancing around my living room last night like it was a Steeler game! I love it when the Pats get their collective bee-hinds handed to them.

SteelerFanInCA
01-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Clunk... Clunk..... What's that noise you say? I think it's Reche Caldwell and he is currently dropping passes as I type. Man I thought his eye balls were going to pop out of their sockets.

floodcitygirl
01-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Clunk... Clunk..... What's that noise you say? I think it's Reche Caldwell and he is currently dropping passes as I type. Man I thought his eye balls were going to pop out of their sockets.Oh my goodness! That guy looked so freaky!!! His eyes couldn't really bulge like that all of the time....????? Seriously, I don't like making fun of people....but what is up with that???

stlrtruck
01-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Maybe he had the flu too? Or maybe he was just sick at the thought that he just dropped a game clinching pass. Nice hands, feet!

MACH1
01-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Oh my goodness! That guy looked so freaky!!! His eyes couldn't really bulge like that all of the time....????? Seriously, I don't like making fun of people....but what is up with that???

Looked like a bug.

memphissteelergirl
01-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Oh my goodness! That guy looked so freaky!!! His eyes couldn't really bulge like that all of the time....????? Seriously, I don't like making fun of people....but what is up with that???

They did have that "deer-in-the-headlights" look about them, didn't they?

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Dude looks like a freakin' praying mantis with those bug eyes.

floodcitygirl
01-22-2007, 12:03 PM
They did have that "deer-in-the-headlights" look about them, didn't they?Yeah....Kind of like this....:yikes:.....except they just stayed stuck that way....and then looked even stranger when he started moving them around.....

Newzfoxjr
01-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Clunk... Clunk..... What's that noise you say? I think it's Reche Caldwell and he is currently dropping passes as I type. Man I thought his eye balls were going to pop out of their sockets.

He does that ALL the time. I thought it was just me at first that noticed it. O.o

tony hipchest
01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
yeah, dude always looks like that. someone needs to give him some contact lens solution. being that he wears clear dinner plates for contacts, they better give him several gallons.

im suprised he wasnt able to "look" the ball into his hands. :toofunny:

touchdownward
01-22-2007, 08:02 PM
His eyes always looked like that when he played for the Gators.
He does look like Igor in the movie Young Frankenstein. :eye:

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
His eyes always looked like that when he played for the Gators.
He does look like Igor in the movie Young Frankenstein. :eye:

LMFAO tdw! :toofunny:

http://hugereviews.com/images/Movies/igor.jpg

Suitanim
01-22-2007, 10:51 PM
See the look on Bellichicks face? He was sure they'd win.

See the look on Brady's face? He was sure they'd win.

See the look on LITP's face? He was sure they'd win and he could find the extra 15 points he needed to permanently ban me...

We don't always get what we want.

touchdownward
01-22-2007, 11:02 PM
LMFAO tdw! :toofunny:

http://hugereviews.com/images/Movies/igor.jpg
If there's anyone that can dig up a pic of absolutely anything it's you Gal!!!
:tt02:

SteelersWoman
01-23-2007, 04:28 PM
He does that ALL the time...

He might have Grave's disease--it's a medical condition that causes the eye(s) to bulge and/or look larger than normal. It's not "common", but it can strike anyone with a thyroid problem.

Dynasty
01-23-2007, 05:19 PM
umm will someone post a pic of this please?

fansince'76
01-23-2007, 05:21 PM
He might have Grave's disease--it's a medical condition that causes the eye(s) to bulge and/or look larger than normal. It's not "common", but it can strike anyone with a thyroid problem.

Or it could be common butt-ugliness. :sofunny:

SteelersWoman
01-24-2007, 08:14 AM
umm will someone post a pic of this please?

I don't have a pic of the football player, but I've attached pics of a woman before she showed symptoms, and after--and it can even get worse.

And for all those who are enjoying making fun of another's obvious physical ailment--one can only hope that it doesn't happen to one of YOUR family members. But then, maybe that's the only way you could actually feel some human compassion instead of trying to get cheap laughs at another's expense. And by the way--those with a medical condition do NOT find it funny at all--it makes me ashamed for you, and I would certainly hope that the Rooneys wouldn't be so classless as some of you are being.

It's ONE thing to have a little fun over someone's mistakes--it's another entirely to make fun of someone's physical misfortune that they can't help. I myself have a physical condition, which is why the turn this thread has taken is REALLY upsetting--I'm sure you'd all have a BARREL of laughs at MY expense (should I add pics of my condition to help you be able to enjoy it to the max?)--or do you just think it's "ok" because he plays for another team?

HometownGal
01-24-2007, 08:44 AM
I don't have a pic of the football player, but I've attached pics of a woman before she showed symptoms, and after--and it can even get worse.

And for all those who are enjoying making fun of another's obvious physical ailment--one can only hope that it doesn't happen to one of YOUR family members. But then, maybe that's the only way you could actually feel some human compassion instead of trying to get cheap laughs at another's expense. And by the way--those with a medical condition do NOT find it funny at all--it makes me ashamed for you, and I would certainly hope that the Rooneys wouldn't be so classless as some of you are being.

It's ONE thing to have a little fun over someone's mistakes--it's another entirely to make fun of someone's physical misfortune that they can't help. I myself have a physical condition, which is why the turn this thread has taken is REALLY upsetting--I'm sure you'd all have a BARREL of laughs at MY expense (should I add pics of my condition to help you be able to enjoy it to the max?)--or do you just think it's "ok" because he plays for another team?

SteelersWoman - I don't think there are many here who would intentionally ridicule anyone who has any type of medical disorder. I know I certainly wouldn't, as I've had cancer twice. None of us are doctors, though, and there has been nothing posted, nor have I read anything confirming that Reche Caldwell does indeed have Graves disorder or any other type of disorder which would cause his eyes to appear as they do. This is the Blast Furnace and it is common place in this particular forum for our members to joke around about other teams' players, as they do with ours. In addition, there is a disclaimer on the front of the forum which basically warns members of this forum's potential content.

SteelersWoman
01-24-2007, 09:17 AM
..None of us are doctors, though, and there has been nothing posted, nor have I read anything confirming that Reche Caldwell does indeed have Graves disorder or any other type of disorder which would cause his eyes to appear as they do...

Thank you for your post HTG, (and I'm sorry that you had cancer--my mom had it too so I understand how awful that is), but unless it affected your physical looks permanently by leaving prominent scars/indentations, etc, you have no way of understanding how it makes you feel to be different than everyone else--and our society seems to base who's worthy and (and who's NOT) on their looks--or if you look "different".

You'll notice in my first post that I said he "might" have Grave's disease. But sometimes we don't have to have medical licenses to realize there's something going on. Someone had posted that he's looked this way for awhile--which would lead one to believe that it's either medical or genetics--and NOT a drug problem. And even if it's genetics, does that make it right to make fun of the way someone looks when they obviously can't help it?

I understand that this is the blast furnace--and you expect to see bashing of other teams/playing abililites --but I guess I just don't expect to see bashing of something that's either a medical condition or a physical feature over which they can't help.

And even if other teams fans make fun of our players with unusual physical features, I'd like to think that Steelers fans would be more classy--but hey, that's just MY feelings on it--everyone has their own consience (or not) to deal with. But we never know what we, or our children, or other family members might have to deal with someday, and it might be wise to think about that before we say something we might regret.

Jeremy
01-24-2007, 09:25 AM
I'd like to think that Steelers fans would be more classy.

There's a moderator on this site that makes fun of our owners.

What do you expect from our fans?

HometownGal
01-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Thank you for your post, (and I'm sorry that you had cancer--my mom had it too so I understand how awful that is), but unless it affected your physical looks permanently by leaving prominent scars/indentations, etc, you have no way of understanding how it makes you feel to be different than everyone else--and our society seems to base who's worthy and (and who's NOT) on their looks--or if you look "different".

You'll notice in my first post that I said he "might" have Grave's disease. And sometimes we don't have to have medical licenses to realize there's something going on. Someone had posted that he's looked this way for awhile--which would lead one to believe that it's either medical or genetics--and NOT a drug problem. And even if it's genetics, does that make it right to make fun of the way someone looks when they obviously can't help it?

I understand that this is the blast furnace--and you expect to see bashing of other teams/playing abililites --but I guess I just don't expect to see bashing of something that's either a medical condition or a physical feature over which they can't help.

And even if other teams fans make fun of our players with unusual physical features, I'd like to think that Steelers fans would be more classy.

Actually, my cancers did leave permanent scarring on the side of my nose, as I had to have 6 skin grafts to repair the damage from the 2nd tumor (paranasal sinuses) and probably will need a couple more until I am where my surgeon wants me to be. He's done an outstanding job thus far, thankfully. :thumbsup: After the first graft, I had people stare at me like I was some sort of freakshow, as the graft was fresh and had not "settled" yet, but I fixed 'em - I stared right back at 'em and made them wonder what I was staring at - LOL! The grafting came off of my left forearm and when I first started going out of the house after I had recovered, my arm was still bandaged. I had a woman totally misinterpret why my arm was bandaged - she came right up to me at the grocery store while I was placing my groceries on the belt, put her hand on my shoulder and said........are you ready for this............."Dear, I am a licensed counselor and have helped a lot of people who have attempted suicide - would you like one of my cards?" :jawdrop: It took all of my willpower not to knock her into next week, but I politely told her that wasn't necessary and proceeded to tell her why my arm was bandaged. I enjoyed watching her face redden from sheer embarrassment - I swear she was looking for something to jump into to hide. :toofunny: Believe me - I would be the last person to take a shot at someone's maladies.

I believe in this case, people are just "giving back" a little because some of our non-Steelers fans, including Pats fans, said some pretty cruel things about Ben after his accident. Does it make it right? No, but I understand where they're coming from and as I mentioned above, no one knows for certain what his "problem" is. It could simply be a problem with ill-fitting contacts or just something he does when he screws up. I really believe this is just a little horseplay and as I participated in this thread, if it came out that this man did indeed have a medical condition that caused his eyes to bug out like that, I would be the first to apologize and I'm sure others would do likewise.

floodcitygirl
01-24-2007, 10:04 AM
I asked the question about the guy's eyes because I had never seen him before. I thought he was doing that on purpose because he missed the catch. I doubt seriously that he has been here to read this thread and hope seriously that he hasn't. I meant no offense to any one here in my question.

I don't know anyone walking the planet that hasn't had some physical feature that was considered odd by themselves or others. Everyone has been made fun of at one time or another. I'm not saying it's a good thing....just saying it happens.

I do think that it's a bit of a leap to assume that people that would post a few comments in the BF on a message board about a person who will never read it, would automatically be the "classless" type of people who would do the same to a person that was physically standing in front of them. People are emboldened to say things on a BB because they are anonymous. For the most part, I have found people on this board to be caring and compassionate when it comes to real-life issues....quick to offer support and prayers.

Just to be clear, my family is no exception to the rule when it comes to understanding the challenges of appearing "different" in our society.

tony hipchest
01-24-2007, 10:09 AM
making fun of caldwells big bug eyes is the same as making fun of angelina jolies big assed lips.

no biggie.

God forbid he have a lacrimal duct condition and he has dry eyes. wouldnt want to make fun of that :rolleyes:. get him some visine.

SteelersWoman
01-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I thank you all for your responses, and appreciate the time. Just to clarify (and this is the last I'll say about it ;) lol

There's nothing wrong with noticing someone's differences FCG--it just innate human curiosity.

I would just hope that "intelligent", "caring" people realize there's a difference between noticing and mentioning (and perhaps asking questions to better understand), and making fun of. No one likes being on the receiving end of that. Sure--it's happened to all of us at one time or another--but deep down, we know it wasn't a "fun" thing to go through.

If someone would feel uncomfortable saying the same thing to a person's face, (or requires the anonymity of a keyboard), then perhaps it's not really the "right" thing to say at all? (And that's just a question each of you might ask yourselves personally, not one that I'm asking a response to).

As I stated earlier, all my statements are my own personal opinion--I am just hoping to make people (who are capable of understanding social awareness) think before they type a little more--we truly never know who's reading this stuff, or who could be hurt by it.

I also know there are those on here who will never "get it", or have too much fun doing it (and will never stop) regardless of how it sounds, or who it could hurt. We'll just HOPE that it doesn't end up being them or one of their loved ones having to deal with a similar situation some day--none of us ever know what we have facing us down the road.

meanjoecoop
01-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Some people can do this at will. This lady was on the Letterman show doing "stupid human tricks" a few years back.

http://letterman.iscool.com/february97/2-3a.jpg

I believe Caldwell wears toric, astigmatism-correcting contact lenses. One possibility is that he was trying to reduce his blink rate in order to keep the contact lens stable on his eyes (toric lenses rotate when you blink, sometimes producing blurry vision until the lens settles again). If you recall, Mark McGuire used to stare widely and his eyes seemed to bulge in those milliseconds prior to swinging at a pitch. No, it wasn?t the ?roids; McGuire wore toric contact lenses.

Another contact lens scenario is just that his lenses were drying out too much. When the eyes dry out for any reason, many times there is reflex tearing which floods the ocular surface with soothing relief. One way to compensate for contact lens-induced dryness is to stare widely and then blink hard to produce reflex tearing which gives a few seconds of relief and clear vision.

Whatever the reason, Caldwell?s eye ailment could have been properly addressed by a visit to an eye care professional, perhaps they could have prescribed a properly fitting contact lens and treated his dry eye, or could perhaps have performed LASIK and gotten rid of his contacts altogether. In the case of the Patriots, they have no excuse since they have the very fine New England College of Optometry right there in their own backyard.

sumo
01-24-2007, 04:49 PM
caldwells big bug eyes is the same as angelina jolies big assed lips.

So - you're saying you think his eyes are sexy?! - maybe you should move this post over to the 'ashamed to be attracted to' thread

-sorry I couldn't resist Tony -:sofunny: I know you'll get me back soon enough

Livinginthe past
01-24-2007, 04:52 PM
So - you're saying you think his eyes are sexy?! - maybe you should move this post over to the 'ashamed to be attracted to' thread

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

fansince'76
01-24-2007, 04:59 PM
http://letterman.iscool.com/february97/2-3a.jpg

Reche's mom, I take it? :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
01-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Reche's mom, I take it? :sofunny:

That was her face when Reche dropped that second pass :wink02:

NM

SteelersWoman
01-24-2007, 06:18 PM
So - you're saying you think his eyes are sexy?! ...

I was thinkin the same thing sumo lol

tony hipchest
01-24-2007, 06:36 PM

-sorry I couldn't resist Tony -:sofunny: I know you'll get me back soon enough:mg::joker:

:love: i would say more "dreamy" :eye: :eye:

(what i got to say about jolies lips isnt approved for this board) plus i wouldnt want to be accused of making fun of botched surgical procedures. people die from that stuff. :wink02:

floodcitygirl
01-24-2007, 06:49 PM

-sorry I couldn't resist Tony -:sofunny: I know you'll get me back soon enoughSorry Tony! They really got ya on that one! :toofunny: :toofunny:

tony hipchest
01-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Sorry Tony! They really got ya on that one! :toofunny: :toofunny::muhaha: lol. revenge is best served cold.

1st call of order is to dig up nahje's crack thread. ....oh wait.... i shoulda phrased that better. :dang:

polamalufan43
01-24-2007, 06:58 PM
:joker:

:love: i would say more "dreamy" :eye: :eye:

(what i got to say about jolies lips isnt approved for this board) plus i wouldnt want to be accused of making fun of botched surgical procedures. people die from that stuff. :wink02:

LOL:sofunny: :toofunny:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

sumo
01-25-2007, 02:42 AM
:muhaha: lol. revenge is best served cold.

1st call of order is to dig up nahje's crack thread. ....oh wait.... i shoulda phrased that better. :dang:

Dude - you don't have to - Preach revives that thread every week - Najeh's Plumber's crack thread will probably be used to prove my insanity in a court of law some day...so please don't delete it...

floodcitygirl
01-25-2007, 09:16 AM
:muhaha: lol. revenge is best served cold.

1st call of order is to dig up nahje's crack thread. ....oh wait.... i shoulda phrased that better. :dang:So would you be getting back at Sumo....or me..... by bringing that thread back up???!!! :blush: LOL!