PDA

View Full Version : The Bengals always have to make the news...

Hines86Ward
01-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Just when you thought it was over....

Bengals CB Jonathan Joseph arrested on marijuana charges

http://wcpo.com/news/2007/local/01/22/joseph.html

steveironcity
01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
:flap: HAHAHAHAHA

Big D
01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Just when you thought it was over....

Bengals CB Jonathan Joseph arrested on marijuana charges

http://wcpo.com/news/2007/local/01/22/joseph.html

let the offseason begin.

MACH1
01-22-2007, 12:58 PM
whats that 10 now??

Buzz05
01-22-2007, 12:59 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/22/bc.fbn.bengals.arrest.ap/index.html

Yet another Bungle arrested..2 more and they ca form their own team!

Hines86Ward
01-22-2007, 01:03 PM
whats that 10 now??

They've officially gotten more arrests than wins....

fansince'76
01-22-2007, 01:04 PM
A Bengal can't change it's stripes....:sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Heres the best part....."The deputy searched Joseph's black backpack with a Super Bowl logo and found a bag of marijuana in a pouch, the arrest report said."

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

If I was him I would be saying...."Cmon...theres a SuperBowl logo on it!!!!....It CANT be mine!!!"

floodcitygirl
01-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks so much for posting this. I live here and hadn't heard this yet! The question is...will they have a team left to take the field when the season starts??? :dang: :shake01:

Godfather
01-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Has Joseph been arrested before?

They had 8 players arrested...but that accounted for more than 8 arrests. Chris Henry had four in one year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-22-2007, 01:18 PM
The best part is that his bag had a superbowl logo on it....SERIOUSLY!!!!:dang:

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 01:18 PM
the ninth Cincinnati Bengals player arrested in the last nine months.

Hey - ya gotta give them credit - at least they're consistent. :toofunny: :toofunny: Can we hear ten in ten? Going once, twice.............................

WHO NEXT?

Big D
01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Hey - ya gotta give them credit - at least they're consistent. :toofunny: :toofunny: Can we hear ten in ten? Going once, twice.............................

WHO NEXT?

i'm going with carson palmer, getting busted pee wee herman style in a movie theater

floodcitygirl
01-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Heres the best part....."The deputy searched Joseph's black backpack with a Super Bowl logo and found a bag of marijuana in a pouch, the arrest report said."

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

If I was him I would be saying...."Cmon...theres a SuperBowl logo on it!!!!....It CANT be mine!!!"Either he doesn't care...or isn't smart enough to deny it.....:hunch:

stlrtruck
01-22-2007, 01:39 PM
I think TJ will be next!

fansince'76
01-22-2007, 01:41 PM
The best part is that his bag had a superbowl logo on it....SERIOUSLY!!!!:dang:

Yes, but instead of "Superbowl" it probably said "Superbud."

polamalufan43
01-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow, 10 and counting!
Alright, all together now...

WHO'S NEXT!

Let's start with Chad Johnson, then Carson, sooner or later they will run out of players and move on to coaching staff. I wonder if they have a NPFL... (National Prison Football League) then again, I wonder if they can run a team from teh confines of a jail cell... these guys are earning their stripes and proud of it...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

MACH1
01-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Do ya think maybe just by being a Bengal that you get a free pass to smoke tree?
http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=27364
:toofunny: :toofunny:

polamalufan43
01-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Wait, is it nine or ten?
It's like some alcohol, you lose count after six...
Well, I guess they think since no one is really talking about them playoff wise they have to do something for a media spotlight, or light bulb

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 02:24 PM
WHO'S NEXT!

Hey - you stole MY line!!!! Thief! :wink02:

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I see the Bungles imploding like Riverfront Stadium. :toofunny: The only difference is - Riverfront had more class.

SteelerFanInCA
01-22-2007, 03:05 PM

They've officially gotten more arrests than wins....

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! :sofunny:

stlrtruck
01-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Don't celebrate yet, they could have more to come!

Someone, and NO it's not going to be me, should make an online office pool. When the next arrest will be, who will be, and what the charge is!

Stlrs4Life
01-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Wow, just Wow!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I dont care what team the players are from..........(although its pretty funny when its from the Bengals).......regardless.....the NFL needs to put a stop to all these players being arrested........In real life if you are arrested you proubably end up losing your job........It is time the NFL starts to BAN troubled players from the NFL forever........

fansince'76
01-22-2007, 04:05 PM
I dont care what team the players are from..........(although its pretty funny when its from the Bengals).......regardless.....the NFL needs to put a stop to all these players being arrested........In real life if you are arrested you proubably end up losing your job........It is time the NFL starts to BAN troubled players from the NFL forever........

Agreed completely. Begin taking away their livelihoods (which they aren't going to find anything anywhere near in the "real" world) and the shit would cease pretty quickly.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-22-2007, 04:06 PM
sorry about the duplicate post hometown gal but I was laughing so hard I didn't see this in the Blast Furnace..... :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
01-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Typical Cincinnati scum....

meanjoecoop
01-22-2007, 04:13 PM
:chuckle: Im thinking we now know why he missed the tackle on Santonio Holmes...:tap:

From the song "Because I got high", By Afroman

I was gonna tackle Santonio Holmes, but then I got high
I was going to the playoffs, but I got high
now I'm watchin' the games on TV and I know why
- cause I got high

CantStop85
01-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Even the supposedly good character guys are getting drawn in...who's next? David Pollack?

Jeremy
01-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Not to defend this, but a pot bust is pretty minor compared to some of the things that have happened over the years in the NFL. Anyone remember Rae Carruth?

My point is that it's easy to point fingers and say what a team of scumbags, but you have to keep some of these things in perspective.

MACH1
01-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Not to defend this, but a pot bust is pretty minor compared to some of the things that have happened over the years in the NFL. Anyone remember Rae Carruth?

My point is that it's easy to point fingers and say what a team of scumbags, but you have to keep some of these things in perspective.

and that is why this is called the blast furnace:sofunny:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-22-2007, 05:25 PM

If this were you or me we'd already be sitting in the slammer, no questions asked.

floodcitygirl
01-22-2007, 05:28 PM

My point is that it's easy to point fingers and say what a team of scumbags, but you have to keep some of these things in perspective.Sorry....my kids and I are on the same roads as these arrogant Bungal baffoons who think they should be above the rules to drive around drunk and stoned. It's not minor when they're driving on my street.

Big D
01-22-2007, 05:34 PM
nine arrests in what six months? i'm sure there have been times that a bungle has gotten pulled over and given a ride home too.

lilyoder6
01-22-2007, 05:44 PM
i think it's 9 arrests in 9 months.... they have to follow suit.... they have to have a player arrested per month to be in the news otherwise they aren't in it

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 06:10 PM

Last I knew, marijuana is still an illegal substance. Professional athletes are role models for a lot of young kids - would you want your kid looking up to one of the Bungle cell dwellers?

stillers4me
01-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Sorry....my kids and I are on the same roads as these arrogant Bungal baffoons who think they should be above the rules to drive around drunk and stoned. It's not minor when they're driving on my street.

Absofreakinlutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
01-22-2007, 06:37 PM

How minor is it when someone high on pot gets in a car accident and kills or seriously inujures somebody?Then it's no longer minor.

Pot,unless prescribed by a doctor for medical use,is illegal to buy,have,smoke,and sell.To drive while high is to drive while drunk.We get outraged when people are caught driving drunk...why is it that many people care less when someone drives while high in pot?

meanjoecoop
01-22-2007, 07:15 PM

Carruth committed one of the 16,692 murders that year.

Altogether, Bengal’s players Henry, Thurman, Steinbach and O’Neal committed 4 DUI’s.

DUI’s killed 16,885 people last year. To put this in perspective, it is equivalent to a fully loaded Boeing 747 crashing, and leaving no survivors, every nine days all year long – over 39 airplanes in total.

Which means…

Your chances of being killed by a drunken Bengal are 1 in 4,221,
Your chances of being killed by a homicidal Panther are1 in 16,692.

Not to mention the fact that all the Bengal players are all back out on the street and Carruth is serving 20 years in prison. I like my odds against Carruth better than the Bengals.

Note: *** 414 child passengers ages 14 and younger died in alcohol-related crashes during 2005. These are also potential dates for Chris Henry***

polamalufan43
01-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey - you stole MY line!!!! Thief! :wink02:

LOL,

Alrighty then...

I now trademark all "WHO'S NEXT" puns to HTG

CantStop85
01-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Sorry....my kids and I are on the same roads as these arrogant Bungal baffoons who think they should be above the rules to drive around drunk and stoned. It's not minor when they're driving on my street.
I'm not condoning the usage of marijuana, but Johnathan Joseph was neither driving nor high at the time he was busted with marijuana. Possession and DUI are two totally different ball-games. If he wants to take the risk of carrying marijuana on him and smoking it in private, so be it.

***I still think it was a bad decision.

floodcitygirl
01-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm not condoning the usage of marijuana, but Johnathan Joseph was neither driving nor high at the time he was busted with marijuana. Possession and DUI are two totally different ball-games. If he wants to take the risk of carrying marijuana on him and smoking it in private, so be it.

***I still think it was a bad decision.Riiiight. And the woman who was driving the vehicle that he was in when he was busted for possession that night was pulled over, why??? And how many other Bengal players that have been arrested were either driving or in a vehicle with someone who was using???? Either way....guilty.

meanjoecoop
01-23-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm not condoning the usage of marijuana, but... If he wants to take the risk of carrying marijuana on him and smoking it in private, so be it.

So, doing anything illegal, as long as it is done in private is OK?

fansince'76
01-23-2007, 09:18 PM
So, doing anything illegal, as long as it is done in private is OK?

I'm sure in a Bungles fan's mind, it "ain't illegal if you don't get caught." :sofunny:

Preacher
01-24-2007, 01:23 AM
He is about to be another Felon.

The law says to not have pot on you... and he did.. he broke the law, and will now be hopefully be charged with a felony.

How stupid.

X-Terminator
01-24-2007, 02:15 AM
The Bungles are the new "criminal element" of the NFL...

HometownGal
01-24-2007, 06:33 AM
sorry about the duplicate post hometown gal but I was laughing so hard I didn't see this in the Blast Furnace..... :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Not a problem, hon. I got to laugh twice! :cheers: