PDA

View Full Version : I missed the press conference...

Mosca
01-22-2007, 05:15 PM
I was in meetings all afternoon. What transpired?

Tom

HometownGal
01-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Here you go, Tom - enjoy!

http://kdka.com/video/?id=24058@kdka.dayport.com

PisnNapalm
01-22-2007, 07:07 PM
That's a sharp suit and tie. I liked what I heard from him.

fansince'76
01-22-2007, 07:15 PM
Here you go, Tom - enjoy!

http://kdka.com/video/?id=24058@kdka.dayport.com

I missed it too, so thanks much, HTG. I've never seen Tomlin speak in person, but I was impressed with what I saw and heard. I like the fact that he doesn't seem to be one of those types that are "my way or the highway," and seems willing to work with the staff that is staying in place, namely LeBeau.

touchdownward
01-22-2007, 07:30 PM
I missed it too, so thanks much, HTG. I've never seen Tomlin speak in person, but I was impressed with what I saw and heard. I like the fact that he doesn't seem to be one of those types that are "my way or the highway," and seems willing to work with the staff that is staying in place, namely LeBeau.
Great point '76. I like the part where he said he would coach to the team's strengths, even if it conflicted with his personal preferences. He'll have to compromise some of his own philosphies for a few years until personell starts to roll over and he drafts his own players.

Mosca
01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I feel pretty good after watching that. I'm psyched, this is going to be fun.

Tom

BigSteelThrill
01-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Is it me or the volume on that video way low?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-22-2007, 08:46 PM

Yeah did ya notice the gold tie with the black suit? :cheer:

Dynasty
01-22-2007, 09:11 PM
i like his tie... i want one

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Was just watching the news conference over again and someone asked Tomlin.

reporter ..."do you have a team that can contend for the super bowl this year?"

Tomlin... " I think it's going to be our goal to contend for it every year."

....GOOD ANSWER :tt02: :tt02: :cheer: :cheer:

WWIIOwheelz
01-22-2007, 10:14 PM
I was impressed with his sense of humor. His ease in front of the camera is a plus, but his statements about his direction are impressive.

I could hear his message to the defensive-minded in the town, that he wasn't going to fix what isn't broken. Labeau remains, and that he isn't married to the 4-3. Letting individuals who excel at what they do do just that? That's Polamalu.

My wife's pretty mad at the Rooneys, and I can understand why she's disappointed, but I think the Steelers are going to be fine. This guy feels like a winner to me.

augustashark
01-23-2007, 12:03 AM

Yea, I was getting so tired of those damn sweaters!:sofunny: