PDA

View Full Version : I apologize

Da Steeler Soprano
01-23-2007, 04:11 AM
To those of you who may not have read my post in the "Welcome Tomlin" thread I basically bashed the guy for being black and dooming the Steelers becasue the league wouldnt fix another playoffs for 2 black coaches to meet again. After seeing the press conference live with Coach Tomlin I came to instantly respect the guy. I cant exactly say why but something about him just gives me a good feeling about next year and many many upcoming years. So to Coach Tomlin and any other fellow Steeler fans I may have offended Im sorry. Cant wait to go see this guy the first day training camp is open to the public!

:tt02:

HometownGal
01-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Much appreciated, DaSoprano - class post on your part. :cheers:

Justin Otstott
01-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Anybody who bashes somebody because of their race, is plain retarded and has no respect for themself!!! Good to see your sorry but....

stlrtruck
01-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Way to MAN UP! Not many people in this world recognize the error of their ways, let alone apologize for it!

Steel12
01-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Anybody who bashes somebody because of their race, is plain retarded and has no respect for themself!!! Good to see your sorry but....

I concur!

floodcitygirl
01-23-2007, 10:34 AM
The reality is that some people will always make race an issue. There are those people who hate any race but their own. It truly is a sad thing, but that's the reality of this world. I agree with the comment that Tomlin made yesterday when asked if progress has been made because two african american coaches are in the Super Bowl. He said something along the lines of 'progress will be made when race is no longer an issue'.

Some people are unwilling to change and never will. Kudos to DaSoprano because he does not seem like he is one of them. He made a mistake, realized it, and apologized for it. Before we cast stones let's realize that we have all made mistakes and most likey have said things that have offended or hurt others. The key here is that it takes a real man to admit he was wrong and apologize. A little forgiveness goes a long way.

DaSoprano, you've gained my respect. :tt02:Couldn't have said it better. :thumbsup:

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Having made posts on this board I would like to take back, props for coming back to apologize.

MJ5150
01-23-2007, 12:17 PM
It's great to apologize. I just hope you work on changing your thinking also.

-Mike

Haiku_Dirtt
01-23-2007, 01:41 PM
To those of you who may not have read my post in the "Welcome Tomlin" thread I basically bashed the guy for being black and dooming the Steelers becasue the league wouldnt fix another playoffs for 2 black coaches to meet again. After seeing the press conference live with Coach Tomlin I came to instantly respect the guy. I cant exactly say why but something about him just gives me a good feeling about next year and many many upcoming years. So to Coach Tomlin and any other fellow Steeler fans I may have offended Im sorry. Cant wait to go see this guy the first day training camp is open to the public!

:tt02:

Life atop the grassy knoll can be dangerous. What is revealing is that Tomlin is already forging his own personality which is seemingly less brash than Cowher but still full of fire. :thumbsup:

pittsburgh$teelersfan
01-23-2007, 03:56 PM
I Accept

fansince'76
01-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Gutsy post, props to you. I think many of us are apprehensive about Tomlin at this point and that apprehension has manifested itself in different ways.

polamalufan43
01-23-2007, 06:14 PM
More power to you my friend, :jammin:
It takes class to apologize for something like that.

~Polamalufan43:tt02: