PDA

View Full Version : My Wish List for Tomlin's first year

stlrtruck
01-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Ok, now that the excitement has worn off (not really), I'd like to submit to Titanium Tomlin my wish list for the upcoming 2007 season:

1 - Revenge on the ratbirds. We were embarrassed twice by them. You want to earn instant loyalty from ALL Steelers fans - return the embarrassment!
2 - Destroy the bungles. I am so tired of hearing their fans rant and rave about all the talent on the team, blah, blah, bloody freakin' blah! Put them back in their place.
3 - Wipe the floor with the clowns. As pathethic of a team as they are, it doesn't mean you give them hope.
4 - Win the AFCN. For the last two years, someone else has had their one year wonder. Now it's time to stop the wonders from happening. Take control of the division that is rightfully the Black and Golds.
5 - It's not a long shot but people will write this team off because you are a new HC, but WIN THE SUPERBOWL...let's go with 4 in 5 years!

GIT 'R DONE!!!!

With all my support!
Steelers Truck

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-23-2007, 07:41 AM
A very reasonable list and I agree wholeheartedly !! GO STEELERS !!!!

DACEB
01-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Spot on stlrtruck, we definitely have the personell to git er' done. The Steelers have shown they are fully capable of handling the browns and the bungles. The games against the Ravens bothered me and I think that played a part in the coaching hire. We did no better the second game against them and that has to reflect on the coaching staff (Whiz and Grimm). Win the AFC North.

The Steelers have also shown they can handle the rest of the AFC elite Colts, Chargers and Patriots. But and this is a BIG BUT, we need to handle the Pats in the postseason. I have little doubt that the Steelers will return to the playoffs next season, we need someone that will PROTECT OUR HOUSE. The two losses at home to the Pats in the postseason were inexcuseable to me.

The Steelers will return to the top of the AFC North, but the goal is the Superbowl!!

Florida_Steelers_Fan
01-23-2007, 09:24 AM
his first item of business will be building a rapport with his players...earning their trust. bill cowher built long and loyal relationships with these players. i had no concerns over the quotes (or lack of quotes) from the players. but everywhere this guy has coached he has created that sort of environment, so i have no concerns over this.

the one thing i like about bringing him to this organization is it will show us what this team is really made of. maybe cowher let some things slide this year following the super bowl victory? who knows, but i get the impression that if they don't play well they're not going to be handed long-term contracts (and many of them are due in the next couple years for new deals).

- get a coaching staff assimilated
- assess the weaknesses of this team and draft / FA accordingly (ie. pass rush, defensive backs (CB), offensive line, WR depth)
- build a relationship with roethlisberger...big ben is the key to the success of this offense. when he is mentally "on" we all know he has the physical tools...tomlin even made mention of such in his press conference.

i'm looking forward to what he (tomlin) brings. i believe the steelers found the "up-and-comer" of coaches and the rooney's appear to have found another gem.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-23-2007, 09:25 AM
My biggest wish is for a hard nosed Offensive Coordinator who will build up our O-line...and keep opposing teams on their heels,..second guessing our every move.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-23-2007, 09:29 AM
That is a very reasonable list.

We have handled the Clowns three straight years...we'll make it a fourth.

I know we can beat the Bungles twice in a year,we used to do it all the time.That team is in shambles,they don't know if their players will be in training camp or a jail cell.

The Ratbirds are dangerous,but those two losses were inexcusable.There is no way we should have lost that bad in either game.

memphissteelergirl
01-23-2007, 10:32 AM
his first item of business will be building a rapport with his players...earning their trust. bill cowher built long and loyal relationships with these players. i had no concerns over the quotes (or lack of quotes) from the players. but everywhere this guy has coached he has created that sort of environment, so i have no concerns over this.

the one thing i like about bringing him to this organization is it will show us what this team is really made of. maybe cowher let some things slide this year following the super bowl victory? who knows, but i get the impression that if they don't play well they're not going to be handed long-term contracts (and many of them are due in the next couple years for new deals).

- get a coaching staff assimilated
- assess the weaknesses of this team and draft / FA accordingly (ie. pass rush, defensive backs (CB), offensive line, WR depth)
- build a relationship with roethlisberger...big ben is the key to the success of this offense. when he is mentally "on" we all know he has the physical tools...tomlin even made mention of such in his press conference.

i'm looking forward to what he (tomlin) brings. i believe the steelers found the "up-and-comer" of coaches and the rooney's appear to have found another gem.

:iagree:
And good list, stlrtruck! :thumbsup:

nicesteel4life
01-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Wish List : Win or lose, dont beat self!

stillers4me
01-23-2007, 05:19 PM
I only have one request for the Tomlinator (I love that, HTG!).....

Please, please, please........when one of those human beings dressed up as football players gets their noggin' scrambled, SIT HIM DOWN!!!!!! For as long as it takes!!! I don't want to see Ben or Troy or any other Steeler ever end up like Mike Webster ever again!!

I'll leave the obvious football type requests to everybody else.........this concussion thing just really worries me.

Revenge to all who dared to defeat us goes without saying...........

polamalufan43
01-23-2007, 06:09 PM
I think we just might able to do all of those. Maybe a new coach might bring a new life to the team. No one can ever replace what Cowher did, but we can try to live up to the Steelers coaching standard.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

P.S. As for destroying the Ratbirds, I don't care which coach we are under, as long as we do!:helmet:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-23-2007, 07:10 PM
I would agree beating the Ravens is a start. But the bottom line he is a first time HC. The Steelers do have the talent to compete for the AFC North crown next year. But I'm going to take it slow and see how everything plays out. I like Mike Tomlin alot but I just think there is going to be some adjustments with a new HC that can prevent this team from making the play-offs in his first year. How the players handle these adjustments will be the key.

shevdog
01-23-2007, 07:28 PM
You read my mind with that list! Right on!

Destroy the Ratbirds in 2007!!!!!!

SteelCzar76
01-23-2007, 08:08 PM
My list is simply this,.....that Tomlin can motivate and lead our core players to maximize their potential. And have the resolve and forsight to address any weaknesses that we have regarding personel. (Before such "problems" become detrimental to the overall success of the team)
And finally, to have his men prepared week in and week out both mentally and physicaly to impose his will (as well as their own) against ANY opponent.
If he can do these things i believe we will be in good shape. (to say the very least)

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

DACEB
01-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Well said Czar, but I think we all forgot one thing. BEAT ARIZONA

SteelCzar76
01-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Well said Czar, but I think we all forgot one thing. BEAT ARIZONA

LOL- you are right about that DA. I can just picture the "I knew we should have given Whiz the Job" threads. LMAO

t-sizzlez
01-26-2007, 05:48 PM
one nation! One team! One Goal!
BIG BEN STRIKES BACK '07!!!
New coach, New Attitude, ANOTHER TROPHY!!!

i like that part....good moddo

Preacher
01-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Honestly,

If we are competing for a playoff spot in December, i will be happy next year.

Not because I don't think we can do better, but because with all the changes, there is a big learning curve.

I EXPECT the AFCN title by the third year.

NV STEELERS 723
01-26-2007, 10:30 PM
The list is in our hands....however ,,,,, it seems the ratbirds seem to put a team together to beat the STEELERS every year... its their goal...as well as the clowns....well ; they are clowns.......

We have a good schedule this year...... Ben will be in full health, and form.....I wouldn't be surprised if we won every game......... and the SB ....:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Preacher
01-26-2007, 10:38 PM
The list is in our hands....however ,,,,, it seems the ratbirds seem to put a team together to beat the STEELERS every year... its their goal...as well as the clowns....well ; they are clowns.......

We have a good schedule this year...... Ben will be in full health, and form.....I wouldn't be surprised if we won every game......... and the SB ....:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Come on.. This is the Steelers... you can aim higher then that!

Rodneysb
01-26-2007, 11:31 PM
My biggest wish is for a hard nosed Offensive Coordinator who will build up our O-line...and keep opposing teams on their heels,..second guessing our every move.

Blessed are those days, don't we all miss the Bus!
In all honesty Parker had a great year, it was just the protection of our QB that has to improve. Lets not let this years "Raiders" beat us, and please win the winnables. We lost 6 games this year that we could or should have won. We only had two real losses and that was to the guys in B-more.

SteelersMongol
01-29-2007, 03:43 AM
I'll say "Put those Ratbirds back in "jail" until they rot. No, put them in "jail" until that "jail" rots on top of them. And then put them in another "jail" until it rots on top of them." Ha ha ha. You guys probably know where I got this line. I do hate the Ravens. Well, I like your wishlists, guys. And I hope SANTA listens to you guys. :D

TackleMeBen
01-29-2007, 01:00 PM
I'll say "Put those Ratbirds back in "jail" until they rot. No, put them in "jail" until that "jail" rots on top of them. And then put them in another "jail" until it rots on top of them." Ha ha ha. You guys probably know where I got this line. I do hate the Ravens. Well, I like your wishlists, guys. And I hope SANTA listens to you guys. :D

That is if you can keep all the Bengal players out of the jail. Dont you know we have an over crowding problem in the jail system... thanks to the bengals :bouncy: