PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Bill Cowher coaching under Jerry Jones thumb in Dallas

SteelerFanInTX210
01-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Ive heard some comments down here in Texas about Jerry Jones trying to weasel his way into getting Bill to coach this year or next.

we ride
01-23-2007, 08:57 PM
If its this year we will get some draft picks, however I think Cowher sits out this year!

fansince'76
01-23-2007, 08:58 PM
If that goes down, Cowher is going to quickly realize how good he had it under the Rooneys, with the diamond-studded douchebag roaming the sidelines at every game, looking over his shoulder and meddling constantly. Think Cowher will get a pass if the team hits a 3-year skid like we did ('98-2000)? Pigs will fly first. On the other hand, if he's "too successful," (ala Jimmy Johnson) he will also be summarily canned due to Jones' massive ego.

SteelCityMan786
01-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Ive heard some comments down here in Texas about Jerry Jones trying to weasel his way into getting Bill to coach this year or next.

Don't think so, we won't let him out of his contract.

rags1336
01-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Cowhers reputation will be soiled here in Pittsburgh anyways since it is innevitable that he takes another coaching job, granted it will be more so if he goes to Dallas or an AFC North rival, but I kind of hope that this scenario plays out because since its going to happen anyways let it happen now so we can get some picks out of it. I have been hearing a #1 this year and a #2 next year.

ajs8207
01-23-2007, 10:35 PM
If they give up a first round pick and more, why not let them have him? It's better than getting nothing for him.

MJ5150
01-23-2007, 11:31 PM
If Jones offers the right compensation package, the Rooneys would be fools to say no.

Cowher will do fine in Dallas.....until he spits in TO's face.

-Mike

SteelCzar76
01-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Actually i believe Jones would be far more 'hands off' than many would expect with Coach Cowher. As he (Cowher) is a proven commodity in regards to competitive consistencey. Ultimately Jones is a buisness man and wants his franchise to be successful. Therefore i feel he would do whatever it takes to make this so. (even if that meant allowing Cowher the neccessary 'room to breath'.)

fansince'76
01-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Actually i believe Jones would be far more 'hands off' than many would expect with Coach Cowher. As he (Cowher) is a proven commodity in regards to competitive consistencey. Ultimately Jones is a buisness man and wants his franchise to be successful. Therefore i feel he would do whatever it takes to make this so. (even if that meant allowing Cowher the neccessary 'room to breath'.)

I'm not so sure about that, Czar - unless Parcells (who owns more SB jewelry than Cowher) actually wanted T.O., which I sincerely doubt. The deal to bring the biggest cancer in the league to Big D has Jones' fingerprints all over it.

SteelCzar76
01-23-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm not so sure about that, Czar - unless Parcells (who owns more SB jewelry than Cowher) actually wanted T.O., which I sincerely doubt. The deal to bring the biggest cancer in the league to Big D has Jones' fingerprints all over it.

That's True 76. (regarding the T.O fiasco) But i think this was gamble on the part of Jones to win a championship this season. Possibly with the thought in mind that Parcells wouldn't remain in Dallas for very much longer due to his capricious nature. Perhaps he has learned from this ? I do not think he would use such an approach with a dedicated, well compensated Coach Cowher commited to the 'long haul'.

fansince'76
01-23-2007, 11:58 PM
That's True 76. (regarding the T.O fiasco) But i think this was gamble on the part of Jones to win a championship this season. Possibly with the thought in mind that Parcells wouldn't remain in Dallas for very much longer due to his capricious nature. Perhaps he has learned from this ? I do not think he would use such an approach with a dedicated, well compensated Coach Cowher commited to the 'long haul'.

Good point, Czar - Cowher demonstrated alot more stability and willingness to stick around than Parcells has of late. If there is any truth to the rumor, I hope the Rooneys make the move and get big compensation from Jones now rather than sit on their hands for a year and get nothing if he does go there. Jones might be desperate enough to bite considering how long it took Parcells to drop the bomb.

SteelCzar76
01-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Good point, Czar - Cowher demonstrated alot more stability and willingness to stick around than Parcells has of late. If there is any truth to the rumor, I hope the Rooneys make the move and get big compensation from Jones now rather than sit on their hands for a year and get nothing if he does go there.

I'd like to see Coach Cowher back in the league. As well as being paid the kind of salary he has earned. And not to mention,.....the Cowboy's 1st round pick would be a very good look for us. LOL

OX1947
01-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Why dont you ask me how it feels to have rusty nails shoved up my rear.

Elvis
01-24-2007, 06:02 AM
I'd like to see Coach Cowher back in the league. As well as being paid the kind of salary he has earned. And not to mention,.....the Cowboy's 1st round pick would be a very good look for us. LOL
:tt02: I agree with ya in the fact that he gets paid what he has earned and a first round pick would be nice but Not the Cowboys!!!:wave:

HometownGal
01-24-2007, 06:29 AM
Moved to NFL Forum. Bill Cowher is no longer associated with the Steelers.

I don't have any thoughts on this simply because it isn't going to happen. :smile:

Statik
01-24-2007, 06:31 AM
I don't believe that Cowher will go to any team this offseason, and I seriously doubt that he would want to coach if TO is still there. If I remember correctly, wasn't Burress moved out of the system because he was ego driven and bad for the team? Also, Cowher wants to spend some time with his family, and after all of the talk of him being able to watch his daughters play ball, him to come back to the league without taking a year off.....that's just not Cowher to do a thing like that. I could be wrong tho.