PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Carson's had enough......

stillers4me
01-23-2007, 09:16 PM
.........or is it just more lip service from the Bengals camp???

Arrests frustrate Palmer
By GEOFF HOBSON
January 22, 2007

Updated: 1-23-07, 5 a.m.

The latest Bengals arrest has quarterback Carson Palmer not only seething, but also speaking out on how off-field problems are a factor in the team not reaching the playoffs.

In a conversation that began Monday by discussing his brother and his own Senior Bowl experience four years ago, Palmer lit into the string of offenses that reached nine in the past 13 months with cornerback Johnathan Joseph?s arrest for marijuana possession.

?It has to stop,? Palmer said hours after he heard the news. ?If it doesn?t stop, we?re not going to have any fans left and I don?t blame them. It?s ridiculous. We can?t get through a month without getting a guy arrested. It happens on another team and they?re shocked and surprised to hear about it. With us, you hear about it and it doesn?t surprise you and you just shake your head and say, ?Another one.? ?

What hit Palmer hard about the Joseph arrest is that it came the day after he watched the AFC title game in which the Colts came from behind to beat the Patriots.

?In the NFL, talent isn?t everything. It couldn?t have been any more evident than in that game Sunday,? Palmer said. ?The best coaching wins and getting guys who are coachable. It doesn?t matter if you run a 4.4 (40-yard dash). What matters is if you run a 4.7 where and how you?re told to do it.

?Look at that game. The only recognizable names that went to a Pro Bowl for New England are Tom Brady on offense and Richard Seymour on defense. Other than that, they?ve got average guys who do what they?re told and play together. Talent isn?t everything, and we?ve got talent but we?re sitting home for a reason and we have to do something about it.?

Palmer is upset and he understands head coach Marvin Lewis? postseason vow to get tough on lack of discipline, but he remains optimistic.

?We?ve got a lot of talented guys and it?s going to be fun competing again next season and trying to win the Super Bowl. That?s our goal,? Palmer said. ?I know I?m ready and that about 95 percent of this team knows what it takes. You look at these games on TV at this time of year and you realize these teams that are still playing are living your dreams and how exciting it is. They?re doing it with guys who are coachable and making two or three plays that win games.?

What set Palmer off and put the Bengals back in the crosshair of jokes came overnight Monday when Joseph was arrested in Boone County, Kentucky overnight on a marijuana possession charge.

According to published reports, Joseph was a passenger in a car driven by a woman that had a suspended license and was driving slowly and weaving. When a Boone County sheriff's deputy asked Joseph to get out of the vehicle, he smelled marijuana, and the deputy searched Joseph's black backpack with a Super Bowl logo and found a bag of marijuana in a pouch, the arrest report said.

The reports said Joseph was released Monday morning, and his first court appearance is scheduled for Feb. 5, the day after the Super Bowl. Marijuana possession is a misdemeanor that carries a maximum of one year in jail and a maximum $500 fine.

According to the NFL substance abuse policy, first-time offenders are usually fined a game check and not suspended.

But the Bengals? string of offenses that players have suggested contributed to an 8-8 season that cost them the playoffs and raised Lewis? ire are now continuing into another offseason.

Joseph became the ninth Bengal to be arrested since Dec. 15, 2005. The club doesn't comment on on-going litigation and his agent, Jason Chayut, had no comment Monday.

Joseph is coming off one of the best rookie seasons ever by a Bengals first-round draft pick, starting at cornerback over the last half of the season and leading the team with 19 pass breakups.

polamalufan43
01-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I think he might be getting tired of it. I pretty much think it's a 50/50 split. Which is really surprising, because normally I would have said Marvin paid him extra to say that.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

fansince'76
01-23-2007, 09:24 PM
My, how the tune has changed. Just a month ago, Lewis said all the extracurricular activities had no ill effects on the team's performance, and Palmer parroted his remark.

tony hipchest
01-23-2007, 09:26 PM
too bad the little wimp carson spent all season denying that this crap had any impact and being a bungle scumbag apologist.

real big of him to speak up now and try to be a leader while all his team mates are away, out there getting arrested on their own time.

heres a hint: shut your mouth and go out into the back yard and throw some balls through a tire all by yourself to hone your skills (not that it will help). too late to pretend your a leader now and none of them douchbags you have for team mates wanna hear you whining anyways.

stillers4me
01-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Lewis and Palmer didn't care what any of them did as long as they are winning. Now that someone else is playing in CARSON'S SuperBowl again, the tune is changing.

BOXCAR JOEY
01-23-2007, 09:39 PM
I think the bungles need to stop their practice of recruiting from correctional facilities.

tony hipchest
01-23-2007, 09:42 PM
“In the NFL, talent isn’t everything. It couldn’t have been any more evident than in that game Sunday,” Palmer said. “The best coaching wins and getting guys who are coachable.

“Look at that game. The only recognizable names that went to a Pro Bowl for New England are Tom Brady on offense and Richard Seymour on defense. Other than that, they’ve got average guys who do what they’re told and play together. Talent isn’t everything, and we’ve got talent but we’re sitting home for a reason and we have to do something about it.”

whats a matter palmer? you dont recognize corey dillon? hes that dude who said he'd rather flip burgers than play for the bengals. :toofunny: you know why? thats because the bengals suck and your coach isnt good enough to coach players with marginal talent, thats why he doesnt draft them.

now deal, quit crying, and go choreograph some dances with "panoco stinko" :chuckle:.... or wise up and demand a trade. you are a bungle. what did you expect?

nice dig on the pats. stupid bengals cant realize they are average.

fansince'76
01-23-2007, 09:49 PM
whats a matter palmer? you dont recognize corey dillon? hes that dude who said he'd rather flip burgers than play for the bengals. :toofunny: you know why? thats because the bengals suck and your coach isnt good enough to coach players with marginal talent, thats why he doesnt draft them.

now deal, quit crying, and go choreograph some dances with "panoco stinko" :chuckle:.... or wise up and demand a trade. you are a bungle. what did you expect?

nice dig on the pats. stupid bengals cant realize they are average.

Note to Carson: GROW UP, KID. Arrogant little bastard.

HometownGal
01-23-2007, 10:04 PM
My, my, my - Cartoon told 'em didn't he? :toofunny: As one of the Bungles "leaders" (blech), he surely saw the downward spiral this team was taking over the course of this season, yet he waits until the 9th teammate is arrested before expressing his disgust. Riiiiiight.

Talent isn?t everything, and we?ve got talent but we?re sitting home for a reason and we have to do something about it.

Yeah - because the Bungles SUCK.

fansince'76
01-23-2007, 10:09 PM
My, my, my - Cartoon told 'em didn't he? :toofunny: As one of the Bungles "leaders" (blech), he surely saw the downward spiral this team was taking over the course of this season, yet he waits until the 9th teammate is arrested before expressing his disgust. Riiiiiight.

I'm glad you put "leaders" in quotes there, HTG, because it's fairly obvious to anyone outside Bungleland that this kid wouldn't recognize leadership if it crawled up behind him and bit him in the ass. He's a 27-year-old with all the maturity of a 15-year-old.

83-Steelers-43
01-23-2007, 10:14 PM
“If it doesn’t stop, we’re not going to have any fans left"

Hell, knowing your fans, just have one bad season and that would be the case.

“In the NFL, talent isn’t everything."

Tell that to your HC.

"95 percent of this team knows what it takes."

Isn't that the percentage of the team that has already been arrested you dope?

touchdownward
01-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Bungholio nation really doesn't have a decent spokesperson.
You can have Palmer speak and he sounds like he's been dippin' into Joseph's Superbowl bag. :sly:
Or you can have Maaavin up there smiling like a jackass eating briars, thinking all is right in bungledom. (man, I showed my southern upbringing with that last statement).

X-Terminator
01-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Good God, Caution is the biggest crybaby I have ever seen. Hey - your credibility is shot straight to hell, monkey boy, so your comments are as hollow as T.J. Douchemandzadeh's head. So go and dip into Joseph's dime bag, sit back, relax, and watch a couple of REAL NFL teams play in the Super Bowl, while dreaming that your suck-ass "football team" will be playing in it. Too bad that's all it'll ever be...

stlrtruck
01-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm surprised he actually realized they have fans. But having only 1 left doesn't mean that he/she is going to leave to support another team just because ANOTHER player got arrested!

Have some faith Caution, it will eventually turn around in your head - then you'll realize, THE BUNGLES SUCK!

memphissteelergirl
01-24-2007, 09:50 AM
NOW Carson wants to stand up and be a leader? Talk about too little too late. OK, you pretty much said squat about these off-the-field shananigans as long as you jerks were in the thick of things, but now you are sitting at home crying because you ain't playing in the SB and you want to say this has to stop. Well you should have "manned-up" and said something before, so your words are pretty hollow now.

Justin Otstott
01-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Carson his that little kid you hate who talks shit, while your in another state. Kinda like the Taco Bell dog, Big Mouth and No Body Fat! What's worst is his brother is coming to the draft!!!!

Big D
01-24-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm sure he is pissed. Unless you are a total homer you have to admit the bengals have alot of talent. But the charactor in the locker room kills this team. Carson Palmer knows that he wont win jack if things dont change.

memphissteelergirl
01-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm sure he is pissed. Unless you are a total homer you have to admit the bengals have alot of talent. But the charactor in the locker room kills this team. Carson Palmer knows that he wont win jack if things dont change.

Yes, you're right, D...there is a lot of talent on the team and I am sure Carson is ticked off...all I am saying is why is he speaking up now? It just seems to me that he had more than ample opportunity during the regular season to stand up and say that this crazy behavior is hurting the team. But as long as they were winning it did not seem to matter that much.

JMHO.

Big D
01-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Yes, you're right, D...there is a lot of talent on the team and I am sure Carson is ticked off...all I am saying is why is he speaking up now? It just seems to me that he had more than ample opportunity during the regular season to stand up and say that this crazy behavior is hurting the team. But as long as they were winning it did not seem to matter that much.

JMHO.

I think he did cry about it earlier in the season. I think a few more arrests and another 8-8 season he might want out. Bengals better focus there attention to the senior bowl and watch rosies sister jordan play.

floodcitygirl
01-24-2007, 10:57 AM

JMHO.You got it Memphis! :thumbsup: Living here I can tell you that when they were winning, it didn't matter to the team, to the coach and for the most part, didn't matter to the fans. Now they are climbing and stepping all over each other trying to place blame. Some would even put their former "football god" Marvin's head on the chopping block. It's quite something to watch! :wink02:

Big D
01-24-2007, 10:59 AM
You got it Memphis! :thumbsup: Living here I can tell you that when they were winning, it didn't matter to the team, to the coach and for the most part, didn't matter to the fans. Now they are climbing and stepping all over each other trying to place blame. Some would even put their former "football god" Marvin's head on the chopping block. It's quite something to watch! :wink02:

I know marvin is a savior down there. But shouldnt it reflect the coach when he drafts and signs a bunch of thugs. Didnt they just sign a guy a couple weeks ago from iowa that had a criminal record? apparently nobody learned from the portland jail blazers

BOXCAR JOEY
01-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey I found an exclusive photo of the Bungles first round draft Prospect!

I think its their new Wide Reciever

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/trappedinemerica/bengalsdraftpick.jpg

Big D
01-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Hey I found an exclusive photo of the Bungles first round draft Prospect!

I think its their new Wide Reciever

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/trappedinemerica/bengalsdraftpick.jpg

nice.

memphissteelergirl
01-24-2007, 11:09 AM
hehe....I agree..nice! :sofunny:

Big D
01-24-2007, 11:12 AM
kinda has a striking resemblance of our own bengal brian

floodcitygirl
01-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I know marvin is a savior down there. But shouldnt it reflect the coach when he drafts and signs a bunch of thugs. Didnt they just sign a guy a couple weeks ago from iowa that had a criminal record? apparently nobody learned from the portland jail blazersExactly right Big D. Nobody cared about the character of who they were drafting until they lost. Made every excuse in the world for it or just came straight out and said only what they did on the field mattered.

HometownGal
01-24-2007, 02:37 PM
kinda has a striking resemblance of our own bengal brian

Nah - add 3 more of him and he's a ringer for BengalDave. :chuckle:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-24-2007, 03:51 PM
I think its good that he said it.
Ive said this a million time.......TOO MANY "THUGS" IN THE NFL AND THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE GAME

Stlrs4Life
01-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Just seems like yesterday when it was the Ratbirds were the cons of the NFL.

stlrtruck
01-25-2007, 08:16 AM
It's amazing how time changes people. Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the ratbirds are still thugs and criminals, I guess the bungles just got tired of playing second fiddle in that area.