PDA

View Full Version : Belichick Shows His Lack of Experience With Being a Gracious Loser

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Belichick Shows His Lack of Experience With Being a Gracious Loser
Posted Jan 23rd 2007 12:19AM by mjd

If you left your TV on CBS for a few seconds after the Pats/Colts game yesterday (and if you're a Pats fan, you probably didn't), you might have seen Peyton Manning going out of his way to find Bill Belichick for a postgame handshake. Manning eventually found him, and Belichick completely dismissed him, barely even making eye contact, and looking mad that he had to do that.

And then there's the postgame CBS interview. Watch Solomon Wilcots' face immediately after Belichick "answers" the first question. The churlish brevity of the answer took him by surprise. He's thinking, "Really, that's all we're getting? You mean I have to ask my next question now? I'm not prepared for this." And after the second question is "answered," you can hear Solomon's dejected tone, as he realizes the hopelessness of the situation, and just throws in the towel. Poor Solomon.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that LaDainian Tomlinson was right in his assessment of Bill Belichick's low level of class (something like this, however, might be a better indicator of a guy's class), but ... the man is clearly not capable of being a gracious loser. It's easy to be nice if you win, it's a little harder to suck it up and congratulate your opponent after you lose.

Justin Otstott
01-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Thats what happens when you lose one game away from the SB!

tony hipchest
01-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Peter King wrote in his monday column that he felt sorry for solomon wilcots. dan and boomer in the studio threw up their arms in disbelief. but what was priceless was solomon and adam schein talking about the situation the following day on "the afternoon blitz".

wilcots stated he has interviewed coaches in college and pro ranks hundreds of times after a game and NEVER come across such a poor loser as this. the questions he asked 'chick were non combative and he purposefully made them very open ended and easy to answer. he couldnt believe the way he just "mumbled" incoherently. he said it was just like when his own children sulk and pout and you can't understand a word they are saying. he did eventually realize chick was just gonna be a dick and gave up. adam agreed that win or lose, these guys have a job to do and meeting with the press is one of them and chick handled it with the poorest case of sportsmanship they ever saw. solomon said he almost felt sorry for him, like he was gonna kill himself or something. what a baby. :binky:

its just another reason why so many people hate this classless franchise and couldnt care less if they fell off the map.

Big D
01-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Peter King wrote in his monday column that he felt sorry for solomon wilcots. dan and boomer in the studio threw up their arms in disbelief. but what was priceless was solomon and adam schein talking about the situation the following day on "the afternoon blitz".

wilcots stated he has interviewed coaches in college and pro ranks hundreds of times after a game and NEVER come across such a poor loser as this. the questions he asked 'chick were non combative and he purposefully made them very open ended and easy to answer. he couldnt believe the way he just "mumbled" incoherently. he said it was just like when his own children sulk and pout and you can't understand a word they are saying. he did eventually realize chick was just gonna be a dick and gave up. adam agreed that win or lose, these guys have a job to do and meeting with the press is one of them and chick handled it with the poorest case of sportsmanship they ever saw. solomon said he almost felt sorry for him, like he was gonna kill himself or something. what a baby. :binky:

its just another reason why so many people hate this classless franchise and couldnt care less if they fell off the map.

this is a main reason he was fired here in cleveland. He was disrespectful to the media as well as his players. I almost wonder if the patriots superbowl run was more of a reflection of brady and weis then Belichick

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2007, 10:38 AM
this is a main reason he was fired here in cleveland. He was disrespectful to the media as well as his players. I almost wonder if the patriots superbowl run was more of a reflection of brady and weis then Belichick

Here you go D...to prove your point...

Belichick is Gone at Last
Akron Beacon Journal
February 15, 1996

by Terry Pluto

The beginning of the end of the Browns as we knew them was the day Bill Belichick was hired as coach.

That was February 5, 1991 ? and five years later, Belichick is finally fired and the franchise is gone.

Part of the reason Art Modell packed his bags and grabbed for all the gusto he could find in Baltimore was that he was convinced no one loved him anymore. Modell thought the media had turned the fans against his coach and his team. But Belichick was really the one who started it.

Nothing Modell ever did to that point ever turned off the paying customers as much as a couple of Coach Bill's mumbling press conferences and bumbling personnel moves.

Belichick grew up on the East Coast, coached under Bill Parcells in New York. He believed that we Midwestern hayseeds knew nothing about football.

We were supposed to believe this man invented the game.

When we didn't genuflect at the mention of Belichick's name, he was insulted.

Belichick was handed a five-year contract by Modell. The city wanted to believe that he was the man to turn the team around. He didn't realize or appreciate it, but he was greeted with patience and goodwill.

But when he discarded veteran player after veteran player as if these guys who had won so many games for the Browns were nothing more than gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe ? the fans and media had every reason to wonder if this man had a heart.

Modell tried to alibi for Belichick's gutless and rude dealings with others by saying, "the man is shy."

Or he'd say, "Look at Chuck Noll and Tom Landry, those guys aren't exactly Don Rickles."

Many close to Modell were convinced that the owner believed he had the next Paul Brown in Belichick. He remembered how some people insisted, "Paul Brown was so cold, you could get pneumonia just being in the same room with him."

But Belichick wasn't Brown. Nor was shyness his problem.

It was pure arrogance.

It is one thing to be bold, to make hard decisions. It is another to embarrass a player the caliber of Bernie Kosar as the Browns did on the day they cut him back in 1993.

Actually, they were right. Kosar wasn't the same player he had been in the 1980s. His body had taken a beating, playing behind inferior offensive lines. But Bernie Kosar at 105 years old was better than Todd Philcox in his prime, and Belichick must have thought the fans were idiots when he said otherwise.

When Kosar was dumped, it reminded many people of every time they were on the wrong end of a raw deal ? and naturally they sided with the deposed quarterback.

And what did Modell do? He gave Belichick a two-year extension, even though he still had 2-1/2 years left on his contract. This to a man who was turning the fans against the team they loved.

No wonder the fans were ready to rip down the old Stadium.

After five years, a 36-44 record and one playoff appearance ? Belichick is history.

Unfortunately, so are the Browns.

Big D
01-24-2007, 10:48 AM
good to see the guy hasnt changed in ten years.

memphissteelergirl
01-24-2007, 11:04 AM
He's an arrogant SOB...pure and simple.

Big D
01-24-2007, 11:06 AM
He's an arrogant SOB...pure and simple.

Couldnt agree with you more. I hope the patriots start destructing because of this guy. Karma is a real bitch Belichick. You will get yours.

floodcitygirl
01-24-2007, 11:41 AM
good to see the guy hasnt changed in ten years.I know what you mean Big D, but actually, I think it's rather sad.

Livinginthe past
01-24-2007, 11:45 AM
As far as I remember Belichick done a pretty good job when he was in Cleveland, getting them to the playoffs and even a wild card victory (over the Patriots, no less) - its not as if they have gone from strength to strength since he have left is it?

The Cleveland franchise has ben stuck in a rut for a long while now, to blame Belichick for what was a relatively decent period in their recent history seems churlish - im sure the prospect of the owner pulling the rug out from underneath the team didnt help matters either.

As regards his being a 'bad loser' im sure its true - Bill looks like the type of guy who lives and breathes the game - a little unhealthy? Maybe.

But its what makes him the best in the business.

NM

Big D
01-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I know what you mean Big D, but actually, I think it's rather sad.

I think there are three faces of your franchise. Owner, Coach and Quarterback. And I think all three need to show class and integrity. Not act like an ass bag when someone trys to shake your hand or get busted at an airport with a secret water bottle.

Atlanta Dan
01-24-2007, 11:46 AM
He may be a SOB but he is a great coach.

His behavior after the loss Sunday was the latest in series of churlish actions by Belichek, who studied at the feet of master a**hole Bill Parcells, and should embarass Kraft.

Do I admire Belichek - no

Do I fear playing his teams - you betcha

Like Mike Shanahan with Elway, Belichek is a lot smarter coach when he has Brady as his QB, but when he had the players Belichek has won 3 SBs and has come damn close to a 4th - you can count on one hand the coaches with that record of success.

Given the choice between a role model with a .500 record and a jacka** with 3 rings I know which one I would want to coach my team.

Atlanta Dan
01-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Delete repeat post

Sorry

Big D
01-24-2007, 11:52 AM
As far as I remember Belichick done a pretty good job when he was in Cleveland, getting them to the playoffs and even a wild card victory (over the Patriots, no less) - its not as if they have gone from strength to strength since he have left is it?

The Cleveland franchise has ben stuck in a rut for a long while now, to blame Belichick for what was a relatively decent period in their recent history seems churlish - im sure the prospect of the owner pulling the rug out from underneath the team didnt help matters either.

As regards his being a 'bad loser' im sure its true - Bill looks like the type of guy who lives and breathes the game - a little unhealthy? Maybe.

NM

Have to disagree with you. Belichick was 36-44 during his time here in cleveland. And 41-55 before brady.

Big D
01-24-2007, 12:03 PM
another interesting tid bit. The year before belichick went to the patriots, Pete Carroll lead the patriots to an 8-8 record. Belichicks first year they went 5-11. Safe to say the pats took a step back. You have to wonder if belichick would have ended up with the jets like parcells had paved out for him. I doubt he would have three rings and probably would have retreaded a couple times before being a lifer defensive coordinator.

stlrtruck
01-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Let's not forget that Belichick was the reason Kosar got booted out of Cleveland. How smart was that move?

Well if you were a Steelers fan, you loved it! If you were a clowns fan - it was just another nail in the coffin!

As great a game planner as Belichick is, I think his run is slowly coming to an end and he knows it. Maybe he's got a few more years before it ends but will those seasons only be a resemblence of years past with only glimmers of past triumphs or will it be worse?

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Let's not forget that Belichick was the reason Kosar got booted out of Cleveland. How smart was that move?
Well if you were a Steelers fan, you loved it! If you were a clowns fan - it was just another nail in the coffin!

As great a game planner as Belichick is, I think his run is slowly coming to an end and he knows it. Maybe he's got a few more years before it ends but will those seasons only be a resemblence of years past with only glimmers of past triumphs or will it be worse?

..replaced by the forgetable...Todd Philcox.

Big D
01-24-2007, 02:38 PM
..replaced by the forgetable...Todd Philcox.

I thought that vinny testaverde took over for kosar.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I thought that vinny testaverde took over for kosar.

...that would have been better!!!!...I dont even remember Philcox!!!

Big D
01-24-2007, 02:45 PM
...that would have been better!!!!...I dont even remember Philcox!!!

I vaguely remeber him. I just remebered he sucked.

tony hipchest
01-24-2007, 03:10 PM
sucked and philcox in the same sentence. yep, it can only be the browns. :dang:

Hines0wnz
01-24-2007, 03:13 PM
He is just a plain and simple jerk. I have never seen a losing coach be so cold and short with a reporter after a game. It is a tough interview as it is but to act like Uncle Reuben Klopek (from the 'burbs) just shows how unprofessional he really is. He is lucky Tom Brady saved his hide in NE.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2007, 03:16 PM
sucked and philcox in the same sentence. yep, it can only be the browns. :dang:

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Big D
01-24-2007, 03:20 PM
here you all go todd philcox nfl career
+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
| Passing | Rushing |
+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
| Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD |
| 1990 cin | 2 | 0 2 0.0 0 0.0 0 1 | 0 0 0 |
| 1991 cle | 5 | 4 8 50.0 49 6.1 0 1 | 1 -1 0 |
| 1992 cle | 2 | 13 27 48.1 217 8.0 3 1 | 0 0 0 |
| 1993 cle | 5 | 52 108 48.1 699 6.5 4 7 | 2 3 1 |
| 1997 sdg | 2 | 16 28 57.1 173 6.2 0 1 | 1 3 0 |
| TOTAL | 16 | 85 173 49.1 1138 6.6 7 11 | 4 5 1 |

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2007, 03:30 PM
here you all go todd philcox nfl career
+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
| Passing | Rushing |
| Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD |
| 1990 cin | 2 | 0 2 0.0 0 0.0 0 1 | 0 0 0 |
| 1991 cle | 5 | 4 8 50.0 49 6.1 0 1 | 1 -1 0 |
| 1992 cle | 2 | 13 27 48.1 217 8.0 3 1 | 0 0 0 |
| 1993 cle | 5 | 52 108 48.1 699 6.5 4 7 | 2 3 1 |
| 1997 sdg | 2 | 16 28 57.1 173 6.2 0 1 | 1 3 0 |
| TOTAL | 16 | 85 173 49.1 1138 6.6 7 11 | 4 5 1 |

Thats not only ugly....its.....well.....Brown!

fansince'76
01-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Thats not only ugly....its.....well.....Brown!

Then flush it down!!! :chuckle:

hardwork
01-24-2007, 03:48 PM

Gee, that wouldn't be wishful thinking would it? This year might have been Belichick's best coaching job.

So far, that is.

What he did in the interview after the game is what he does after every loss, and half the wins. I've seen it dozens of times. If it bothers you, turn off your set.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Gee, that wouldn't be wishful thinking would it? This year might have been Belichick's best coaching job.

So far, that is.

What he did in the interview after the game is what he does after every loss, and half the wins. I've seen it dozens of times. If it bothers you, turn off your set.

It bothers me..but ...no..I refuse to have my life dictated by assanine people...which is why I dont use the ignore button in this STEELER forum.

Big D
01-24-2007, 03:56 PM
It bothers me..but ...no..I refuse to have my life dictated by assanine people...which is why I dont use the ignore button in this STEELER forum.
Trust me in the case of this pats fan I recomend the ignore button. Its worked out great for me so far.

hardwork
01-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Look at this. If you post something contrary to what a Steeler fan thinks they start with the personal insults.

Cry me a river. Bring out the violins. Time for a diaper change.

stlrtruck
01-24-2007, 04:17 PM

So far, that is.

Best coaching job? Then why aren't you in the Super Bowl. I mean really I could only see teams like Cincinnati and Cleveland (and of course a few others in the NFC) using terms like best coaching job and so far, that is, when referring to a coaches season. But truly for teams that have been there is anything other than winning it all acceptable? I would think not...but maybe you accept it.

Since I don't see his interviews, and from the sounds of it I'm thankful, I have nothing to turn off. I just get to hear the dribble from Chucky down here in the TB area. And yes, I turn it off.

Is it wishful thinking. Maybe but, IMHO, when coaches start getting idiotic with the media it usually shows a decline in their ability to handle the day to day stress of the job. But hey if Belichick's been that way for awhile, then maybe I'm wrong. I can only wish that he continues to get embarrassed, and makes an ass out of himself during interviews so others see his true colors!

But I'm sure Cleveland would take him back.

HometownGal
01-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Here's ol' Pickle Puss' interview with Wilcots. :toofunny: Dude looks so pissed off his forehead looks like the hiney of a Sharpei - I think his brows were trying to shake hands. :sofunny:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7cntcxRoKWE

Big D
01-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Here's ol' Pickle Puss' interview with Wilcots. :toofunny: Dude looks so pissed off his forehead looks like the hiney of a Sharpei - I think his brows were trying to shake hands. :sofunny:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7cntcxRoKWE

what an ass bag. This is actually the first i've seen of this interview. Wilcots looks like he is so shocked by belichicks comments that he cant even conduct the interview.

fansince'76
01-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Maybe it's just me, but Belichick strikes me as a guy who is in a foul mood the majority of the time anyway, win or lose.

Livinginthe past
01-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Holy jesus - is that it?

He interviewed with a scowl?

Ha ha - maybe poor Wilcots should be booked in for some therapy - a harrowing experience like that can ruin, not only a guys life, but his life too. :sofunny:

For those who seem to have a relatively short memory, let me remind you that this is Belichick on pretty much every interview - you wont get anything worth anything out of him in an interview and that goes for pregame ones too.

"Blah blah Arizona is a great team, they do alot of great things in all 3 phases blah blah"

You can insert any team name instead of Arizona and you've got a BB press conference.

Even after the San diego win "Blah blah, we made a couple of extra plays blah blah"

He does some great interviews, his thoughts on genuine x and o stuff (mostly in the offseason) - he gives that assinine reporter BS the treatment is deserves.

Belichick doesnt make excuses for his team - some coaches would have grabbed hold of that fatigue excuse and ran with it into next season.

Im still laughing here.

NM

Big D
01-24-2007, 05:07 PM
more excuses :bouncy: :wink02:

fansince'76
01-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Belichick doesnt make excuses for his team - some coaches would have grabbed hold of that fatigue excuse and ran with it into next season.

Agreed, LITP - I wonder why the Walrus (Holmgren) just popped into my mind?

tony hipchest
01-24-2007, 05:47 PM
- he gives that assinine reporter BS the treatment is deserves.

NM

you mean professionalism?

you sound a little upset that even national reporters call 'chick a crybaby :crying01:

Big D
01-24-2007, 05:48 PM
you mean professionalism?

you sound a little upset that even national reporters call 'chick a crybaby :crying01:

and i'm the cry:crying02: baby.

HometownGal
01-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Holy jesus - is that it?

He interviewed with a scowl?

He looked like he was ready to pop a carotid. He wasn't into that interview for one reason - he was scheming up a way to rush the cameraman to the carpet. :flap: :sofunny:

Suitanim
01-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Belichick was an always an arrogant ass, so he didn't fit in very well in Cleveland. The city wants a blue collar, ham-n-egger type guy that they can relate to, and he never fit the bill. In Boston, arrogance is considered a commodity, and Bill has a corner on that market, and is loved and endeared by the blindly arrogant fan base. It's a great fit.

Is he a great coach? Yeah. Is he anything near what he thinks he is? No. Take away Bill Polian and Tom Brady, and you are pretty much left with about what he did in Cleveland. Again, as I've said MANY times, give Bill Cowher the money for a big time QB, and the Steelers probably have 7 SB wins by now.

In today's game, without a superior QB, you cannot win in big games. That, and not "the cold hard facts" are why the Steelers came up just short year after year. But they always lost graciously. One hundred years from now, the Steelers organization, at least from this era, will always be considered THE classiest winning organization in the NFL. The Pats?

Eh, not so much.

3 to be 4
01-24-2007, 08:01 PM
This is hilarious. Oh, the poor media!

Belichick handled that interview no different than he's ever handled it. He brushes it all off. Nobody says a thing when they win, which the Patriots have done quite a bit since he's been in New England (87-39) including the playoffs.

he makes the media mad. Who gives a crap?

Years from now when im thinking about the Patriots of this decade the way Steeler fans think of the 70's, what do you think I'll remember?
the Championships, the parades, the fantastic victories?

or the Press Conferences.

Sure, I can see it now
"Well, I would have liked to say I have fond memories of that era, but alas, those dour press conferences with Belichick just RUINED IT for me!!!"
NOT!

the only reason people in Cleveland have a problem with it is because they had a losing season. In 1994 they had no problem with it. and had they won 3 Super Bowls they would have had no problem with it.

Suitanim
01-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Belichick is the face of the Pats when you get past the Tom Brady commercials.

The effect of his assholishness will be remembered.

3 to be 4
01-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Belichick is the face of the Pats when you get past the Tom Brady commercials.

The effect of his assholishness will be remembered.

Yeah, he ruined everything. I long for the days of Bobby Grier, 8-8, Chris Canty as our #1 draft choice. Andy Katzenmoyer. Those were the days.

lousy Super Bowl Championships. Who needs 'em. The coach isnt a good fella.

I think they should fire him and replace him a good guy.

Suitanim
01-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Huh? You think history will be able to erase his abrasive and arrogant nature? That would work if he DIDN'T win, but his winning is what marks him. He's an ******* who won, and that's exactly how he'll be remembered. Unfortunately, we won't see the clips of him pouting and whining when he lost. History takes a kinder view towards those things...

steelerbackr4life
01-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Trust me in the case of this pats fan I recomend the ignore button. Its worked out great for me so far.

I agree me also.

3 to be 4
01-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Huh? You think history will be able to erase his abrasive and arrogant nature? That would work if he DIDN'T win, but his winning is what marks him. He's an ******* who won, and that's exactly how he'll be remembered. Unfortunately, we won't see the clips of him pouting and whining when he lost. History takes a kinder view towards those things...

sure, right up there with Woody Hayes and Bobby Knight because he give bad interviews.

whatever.

hardwork
01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Belichick was an always an arrogant ass, so he didn't fit in very well in Cleveland. The city wants a blue collar, ham-n-egger type guy that they can relate to, and he never fit the bill. In Boston, arrogance is considered a commodity, and Bill has a corner on that market, and is loved and endeared by the blindly arrogant fan base. It's a great fit.

Is he a great coach? Yeah. Is he anything near what he thinks he is? No. Take away Bill Polian and Tom Brady, and you are pretty much left with about what he did in Cleveland. Again, as I've said MANY times, give Bill Cowher the money for a big time QB, and the Steelers probably have 7 SB wins by now.

In today's game, without a superior QB, you cannot win in big games. That, and not "the cold hard facts" are why the Steelers came up just short year after year. But they always lost graciously. One hundred years from now, the Steelers organization, at least from this era, will always be considered THE classiest winning organization in the NFL. The Pats?

Eh, not so much.

Yeah, sure, and the Patriots are finished and Miami is the team of the future.

hardwork
01-24-2007, 10:41 PM
But hey if Belichick's been that way for awhile, then maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe? There's no maybe about it.

hardwork
01-24-2007, 10:47 PM
and i'm the cry:crying02: baby.

Well, if you insist.

Livinginthe past
01-24-2007, 11:47 PM
He looked like he was ready to pop a carotid. He wasn't into that interview for one reason - he was scheming up a way to rush the cameraman to the carpet. :flap: :sofunny:

Now that you say it, he did seem to b working on some type of 'blitz package' :sofunny:

NM

stlrtruck
01-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Maybe? There's no maybe about it.

You're right, there is no maybe!

I was right with my first conclusion on him! It's the beginning of his end. The stress of it is getting to him. He can't handle the limelight and he should go back to the hole in clowns town!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Look at this. If you post something contrary to what a Steeler fan thinks they start with the personal insults.

Can one of the mods tell me why this Troll is still allowed on the forum!!!!..to the best of my knowledge, he has never posted any intelligent bit of information other than his belief that the Steelers suck and his man-crush on Belichick and Brady.

He insults with virtually every post...Hijacks threads to get them off topic...and purposefully interjects comments into conversations just to get an emotional response

Show me the last intelligent, courteous thought-provoking post he has made...and I'll show your the FIRST!!

WHY does he seem to get special consideration when it is SO FREAKING obvious he just comes here to flame.

We are having GOOD STEELER FANS leaving and this troll has been behind a good portion of it!!!

I come in here to talk Steelers first and the NFL second....with Steeler fans who are of like mind...and with intelligent fans from other teams....any person who comes in here with the sole intent to cause problems should be gone .....because I got to be honest...We are going to lose alot more people who have made this forum enjoyable at the expense of one TROLL who makes this forum VERY avoidable.

Atlanta Dan
01-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Can one of the mods tell me why this Troll is still allowed on the forum!!!!..to the best of my knowledge, he has never posted any intelligent bit of information other than his belief that the Steelers suck and his man-crush on Belichick and Brady.

He insults with virtually every post...Hijacks threads to get them off topic...and purposefully interjects comments into conversations just to get an emotional response

Show me the last intelligent, courteous thought-provoking post he has made...and I'll show your the FIRST!!

WHY does he seem to get special consideration when it is SO FREAKING obvious he just comes here to flame.

We are having GOOD STEELER FANS leaving and this troll has been behind a good portion of it!!!

I come in here to talk Steelers first and the NFL second....with Steeler fans who are of like mind...and with intelligent fans from other teams....any person who comes in here with the sole intent to cause problems should be gone .....because I got to be honest...We are going to lose alot more people who have made this forum enjoyable at the expense of one TROLL who makes this forum VERY avoidable.

IMHO the mods do a great job of handling certain flamers (do not recall seeing BengalBrian or BigBen's Bike Helmet posting for the last several months).

Given my confidence in the mods, I am confident that if a certain poster's increasing belligerence (some sort of grieving process in response to the outcome of the AFC Championship game?) is not halted that the poster will no longer be posting here.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2007, 09:21 AM
IMHO the mods do a great job of handling certain flamers (do not recall seeing BengalBrian or BigBen's Bike Helmet posting for the last several months).

Given my confidence in the mods, I am confident that if a certain poster's increasing belligerence (some sort of grieving process in response to the outcome of the AFC Championship game?) is not halted that the poster will no longer be posting here.

I hope your right Dan...its just REALLY becoming a boil on my butt!!!.....I hate to see Great posters like Big D get flamed by someone that wasnt in the conversation to begin with!!

Atlanta Dan
01-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I hope your right Dan...its just REALLY becoming a boil on my butt!!!.....I hate to see Great posters like Big D get flamed by someone that wasnt in the conversation to begin with!!

Big D apparently got to the same point I did and put that poster on his ignore list. A combination of putting a poster on the ignore list and (for those who have not yet reached the point of concluding a poster is not worth reading) not quoting an obnoxious poster in a response might cause a flamer to go away.

Of course in some cases it presumably becomes necessary for a poster to be warned and then banned. What the mods do is between the mods and the poster but I am confident they are aware of this particular conduct.

memphissteelergirl
01-25-2007, 09:48 AM

Considering you often do the same thing, you better check yourself before you make that kind of statement.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh, hell no! You...the jackass who interjects insults at every turn on a thread, even when it's off-topic? You better check yourself before you make that kind of statement.

:iagree:

tony hipchest
01-25-2007, 01:20 PM
in an ultimate show of "f--- you" to the nfl and its fans i expect belichick to half ass his way through the pro bowl just like he does with his interviews. since all that matters to him is the games on sundays leading up to the superbow, i wonder if he will even fulfill his obligation and hold practices in hawaii.

HometownGal
01-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Big D apparently got to the same point I did and put that poster on his ignore list. A combination of putting a poster on the ignore list and (for those who have not yet reached the point of concluding a poster is not worth reading) not quoting an obnoxious poster in a response might cause a flamer to go away.

Of course in some cases it presumably becomes necessary for a poster to be warned and then banned. What the mods do is between the mods and the poster but I am confident they are aware of this particular conduct.

I apologize - I didn't see these last couple of posts until now.

You are right on the money as always, Dan. :thumbsup: Putting a poster on Ignore is a good suggestion - I've done it in the past and it works well.

We are well aware of some of the behaviors around here and I can assure all of you that we are keeping our eyes on those behaviors. We do appreciate all of your input and support. :cheers:

hardwork
01-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Oh, hell no! You...the jackass who interjects insults at every turn on a thread, even when it's off-topic? You better check yourself before you make that kind of statement.

Just more personal insults from people because you have a different opinion.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Just more personal insults from people because you have a different opinion.

Just more diversion from a troll who causes problems then sits back and says "who me?...its everyone else!!!"

floodcitygirl
01-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Just more personal insults from people because you have a different opinion.Interesting which version of the quote you decide to use. It's not hard to see who's trying to stir the pot. :blah: :blah: :blah:

hardwork
01-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Interesting which version of the quote you decide to use.

Ah huh, we know, you voted for it before you voted against it.

floodcitygirl
01-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Ah huh, we know, you voted for it before you voted against it.I won't speak for the original poster, but I have no doubt that the first rendition was along the lines of thinking of alot of people. She just had the class and integrity to go back and attempt to make it more palatable for this forum upon reflection. It doesn't appear that you get that.

steelerbackr4life
01-25-2007, 02:49 PM
The thing that sucks about putting certain troll individuals from Boston on your ignore list is that when he posts something that a normally good poster quotes and then includes in their response. You still see what the troll posted!

Nothing he ever posts is intelligent or stays on topic. An intelligent discussion where 2 people may differ in opinions is one thing. This individual time and time again bursts into threads and makes inciteful statements knowing they will generate a response. How many threads need to have their initial topic changed to a childish I know you are what am I format before something is done about this Troll?

This is a STEELER forum, I joined this board because I wanted to talk to people who share the same love for the Black and Gold as I. Through it I have met many great people who I now consider friends. I know I have been spending less time on this board because of some nitwit who is allowed to post whatever where ever he wants regardless of how many times the rules are posted as a reminder or not..

floodcitygirl
01-25-2007, 05:25 PM
The thing that sucks about putting certain troll individuals from Boston on your ignore list is that when he posts something that a normally good poster quotes and then includes in their response. You still see what the troll posted!

Nothing he ever posts is intelligent or stays on topic. An intelligent discussion where 2 people may differ in opinions is one thing. This individual time and time again bursts into threads and makes inciteful statements knowing they will generate a response. How many threads need to have their initial topic changed to a childish I know you are what am I format before something is done about this Troll?

This is a STEELER forum, I joined this board because I wanted to talk to people who share the same love for the Black and Gold as I. Through it I have met many great people who I now consider friends. I know I have been spending less time on this board because of some nitwit who is allowed to post whatever where ever he wants regardless of how many times the rules are posted as a reminder or not..You're not alone in your thinking!

SteelerFanInCA
01-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Sounds like it's time to take out the garbage again.

silver & black
01-25-2007, 08:03 PM

NM

I'm glad you think he did a good job in Cleveland, because no one that lives in or near Cleveland does. I hate the Browns, but he has to be one of the all time most hated coaches in Cleveland.

tony hipchest
01-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm glad you think he did a good job in Cleveland, because no one that lives in or near Cleveland does. I hate the Browns, but he has to be one of the all time most hated coaches in Cleveland.but didnt you know? belichicks shit tastes like chocolate mousse. :rolleyes: surely a belichick fan (for 6-7 years) an ocean away, knows more of the situation than the locals.

the same coach who chose brady over bledsoe, chose philcox over kosar. sometimes one is lucky, sometimes theyre not, despite the same decisions being made. by the standards of making the playoffs once, i guess palmer did pretty good in cleveland also.

fansince'76
01-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Actually they have, considering the Browns team that Belichick coached is now in Baltimore and has won a SB since he left.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm glad you think he did a good job in Cleveland, because no one that lives in or near Cleveland does. I hate the Browns, but he has to be one of the all time most hated coaches in Cleveland.

Agreed one of my co-workers originally from Cleveland said no one could stand him when he coached the browns and had the don't let the door hit you in the arse attitude when he was run out of town. :toofunny:

silver & black
01-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Agreed one of my co-workers originally from Cleveland said no one could stand him when he coached the browns and had the don't let the door hit you in the arse attitude when he was run out of town. :toofunny:

Yep. It's pretty bad when Bud Carson was more respected than Belichick.

Preacher
01-26-2007, 10:19 PM
From this thread, I can conclude a few things...

1. We Steeler fans are still bitter about our AFCCG losses to the Patriots.

2. Regardless of 1. Belichick is still an arrogant ass.

3. Ignore only really works when others don't quote the person on the ignore list.

Livinginthe past
01-26-2007, 11:56 PM

3. Ignore only really works when others don't quote the person on the ignore list.

3 for 3 Preacher. :cheers:

NM

Preacher
01-27-2007, 12:05 AM
3 for 3 Preacher. :cheers:

NM :sofunny:

DANG IT LITP.. Stop agreeing with me.

It makes it hard for me to argue with you!

Livinginthe past
01-27-2007, 12:08 AM
:sofunny:

DANG IT LITP.. Stop agreeing with me.

It makes it hard for me to argue with you!

Sorry.

You started it :wink02:

Nm

RoethlisBURGHer
02-03-2007, 01:37 AM

1. Yes,I am still bitter.

2. I think even most Patriot fans would agree that 'Chick is an arrogant ass.

3. That's why I don't bother with ignore.It just makes you curious when they reply to soemthing you posted anyways.

Suitanim
02-15-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm not bitter.

Belichick is an arrogant ass, and overrated.

Ignore is for pussies.