PDA

View Full Version : How's your weather.

SteelCityMan786
01-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Bad Enough here in Hollidaysburg to Delay School through out Blair County and West Central PA. How Pittsburgh and areas abroad????

Stlrs4Life
01-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Pretty snowy here also, probably 4" or so and 11*. More on the way tomorrow. we can't really complain though. It's the first real snow that we have had.

X-Terminator
01-25-2007, 10:21 PM
We got about 2 inches of snow here so far with at least another inch on the way, and it's currently 12 degrees with a wind chill of 0. Hey, I love winter and I'm glad it's snowing finally, but it's a bit too cold for my liking.

MACH1
01-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Nice and sunny here and in the mid 40's woooohoooo

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 10:56 PM
I talked to my Dad today. He lives in Somerset. He said they were getting dumped on.

PisnNapalm
01-25-2007, 11:13 PM
We just got a dusting out here near Philly.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-26-2007, 12:39 AM
This week in California we're in the high 70's --- last week in California we had snow in Malibu, 27 degree temperatures and frozen citrus trees. Can't wait to see what next week will bring.

83-Steelers-43
01-26-2007, 05:42 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20070125bw_wea_snoPJ_350.jpg

HometownGal
01-26-2007, 07:44 AM
9 degrees right now in the South Hills - going to a high of 28 today. The roads by my house are a bit icy and most schools in the area are on a 2 hour delay. I have to take Zac to his bus stop at 10:30 and I hope it warms up a few degrees by then, though that probably won't make much of a difference. Stay warm everyone! :hug:

stlrtruck
01-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Do you really want to hear that for only the second time this winter I had to pull a jacket out of the closet? I mean it's down in the 60's today and suppose to be no higher than mid 70's during the weekend.

But I think next week it's suppose to be back up in the 80's!

SteelCityMan786
01-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Do you really want to hear that for only the second time this winter I had to pull a jacket out of the closet? I mean it's down in the 60's today and suppose to be no higher than mid 70's during the weekend.

But I think next week it's suppose to be back up in the 80's!

Lucky.:banging:

HometownGal
01-26-2007, 07:51 AM
I take it you're not a fan of arctic blasts, SCM? :wink02: I love winter - the colder the better! :banana:

stlrtruck
01-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Lucky.:banging:

I got tired of freezing temperatures, shoveling snow, and freezing my buttocks off. Thus the reason 7 years ago I moved to lovely FLA!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2007, 10:20 AM
I take it you're not a fan of arctic blasts, SCM? :wink02: I love winter - the colder the better! :banana:

I'm with ya....its gets colder...you can put on another layer....it gets hotter...all ya got is naked..and naked burns.:sofunny:

stlrtruck
01-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Naked may get burnt but have you noticed that not many Floridians have tans. The reason why? Because we're all inside the AC! It's the tourists and newbies to the state that have all the sunburns and tans (except for the fake and bake ones).

floodcitygirl
01-26-2007, 11:01 AM
It was cold here this morning when my son missed his ride and his bus so I had to drive him to school! But the sun is out now and it supposed to warm to around 39 - 40. Not bad for January!

stlrtruck
01-26-2007, 11:14 AM
It was cold here this morning when my son missed his ride and his bus so I had to drive him to school! But the sun is out now and it supposed to warm to around 39 - 40. Not bad for January!

FCG, no disrespect meant but I'm laughing down here. I haven't seen that type of temperatures since my trip to Da 'Burgh in December. I think the coldest it's bin at night as been like 52, maybe...that's MAYBE...high 40's.

HometownGal
01-26-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm with ya....its gets colder...you can put on another layer....it gets hotter...all ya got is naked..and naked burns.:sofunny:

And naked lands you with a purty orange jumpsuit you can wear in the slammer. :wink02:

stlrtruck - Florida is a very pretty state, but I love the change of seasons too much, though here in the Burgh over the past 6-7 years, all we seem to have is spring and summer with a touch of fall. We've had a little snow and some cold temps during the winter months, but nothing like when I was a kid. Hell - we went sledding at least 1-2 times per week. My grandson is 7 and has only been on a sled twice! Those lucky stiffs in Erie got a foot of snow yesterday. :banging:

floodcitygirl
01-26-2007, 11:29 AM
FCG, no disrespect meant but I'm laughing down here. I haven't seen that type of temperatures since my trip to Da 'Burgh in December. I think the coldest it's bin at night as been like 52, maybe...that's MAYBE...high 40's.I understand. I used to live in South Florida and the temps that y'all would get in Tampa would give me a chill! LOL! I can handle 40. It's that teen stuff and lower that gets to me.

The weather here in Cincy is milder than alot of places in the north....temps are a bit more moderate and not much snow. Winter is my least favorite season in Cincy though because it's gray alot...not as many evergreens, and the grass is brown. I think PA is much prettier in winter with all the snow heavy on the evergreens...and everything else! LOL!

polamalufan43
01-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Yesterday all I could see was white. It was like a freakin' blizzard. Now, there's all this snow and it's freezing.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

X-Terminator
01-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Florida...bah. No offense stlrtruck, but you can have the stifling hot and humid temperatures, the hurricanes and the bugs bigger than your finger. I've been to the deep south in the summertime (Georgia, where I was born), and I hated every single minute of it. I'm a winter guy - always have been and always will be! :smile:

polamalufan43
01-26-2007, 12:05 PM
I'll take warm weather over this anyday. Of course, Pittsburgh will always be my home and fav place to be, no matter what the weather.

stlrtruck
01-26-2007, 01:43 PM
XT, don't get me wrong, if I could move to Pittsburgh (with family in tack), I'd be there yesterday. But Pittsburgh is the only place up north I'd move.

Florida isn't that bad. And I haven't seen a bug the size of my finger since we called pest control (smirk). As for the humidity, it's really not that bad. The hurricanes though, they can cause some problems.

boLT fan
01-26-2007, 02:07 PM
It's been whiteout for what seems like two days straight. Don't know how many feet of snow, but school got out early and was canceled today.

SteelCityMan786
01-26-2007, 05:01 PM

I don't mind, but once a certain degree is met, then I get driven up a wall. It was like single digits here. Even though I like have 2 Hour Delays.

steelerbackr4life
01-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Today was the coldest day of the year here I think the high was 16. I was in a suit all day and the wind went right through the thin fabric. Thank god my car has heated seats what a life saver.

Borski
01-26-2007, 06:46 PM
http://www.vzwpix.com/mi/135764157_442618400_0.jpeg
That was last night, now we have about 4-6 inch's of snow and sleet on the road with cars sliding all over the place...fun

Preacher
01-26-2007, 11:45 PM
It is in the 50's here. Goes up to almost the 60's, but this is a cold winter for us in Napa.

Friend and I are going golfing tuesday!!

HometownGal
01-27-2007, 02:54 PM
42 degrees in the Burgh today and my snow is melting:crying01: All's not lost though - another arctic blast coming in tomorrow with an inch or two of snow and in the 20's and low 30's the rest of the week. :banana:

polamalufan43
01-27-2007, 04:42 PM
That's cool. I'm over here drinking twice my weight in hot chocolate and marsh-mellows, lol.

~polamalufan43:tt02:

P.S. As long as I still fit into my Steeler gear next season, I'm fine! heh heh

SteelCityMan786
01-27-2007, 09:45 PM
42 degrees in the Burgh today and my snow is melting:crying01: All's not lost though - another arctic blast coming in tomorrow with an inch or two of snow and in the 20's and low 30's the rest of the week. :banana:

Maybe another 2 hour delay is on the way for my school is coming.

83-Steelers-43
01-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Winter's back; snow advisory for parts of W.Pa.
Sunday, January 28, 2007

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The National Weather Service has issued a snow advisory for Westmoreland, Indiana and Fayette counties from 1 p.m. today to 7 a.m. tomorrow. In those counties, an inch or two of snow was expected today and 2 to 3 inches more tonight, with temperatures falling to the teens after dark.

Pittsburgh and Allegheny County were expected to get up to an inch of snow today and 1 to 3 inches tonight. Pittsburgh police were reporting slippery conditions on some streets this morning after snow showers moved through the city.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07028/757590-100.stm

HometownGal
01-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Well we got our inch of snow today - around 4:00 PM. It came fast and heavy and I was glad to get back home, as the roads became slick due to the very cold temps. We're supposed to get another couple of inches tonight and an inch or so tomorrow. :banana:

Be safe everyone. :smile:

stlrtruck
01-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Winter finally hit the central FL area this morning. When I left my house this morning it was 40 degrees and the weather man is stating that it won't get hotter than 50 degrees this afternoon.

Can you believe that I actually had to pull the winter coat out of the closet this morning?

However, on the bright side, spring usually hits FL by mid-February with the occassional cold night and by March, we're in high 70s or low 80s until April when Summer hits

floodcitygirl
01-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Winter finally hit the central FL area this morning. When I left my house this morning it was 40 degrees and the weather man is stating that it won't get hotter than 50 degrees this afternoon.

Can you believe that I actually had to pull the winter coat out of the closet this morning?

I'm trying to feel for ya Stlrtruck, but somehow I just can't reach you. :flap:

stlrtruck
01-29-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm trying to feel for ya Stlrtruck, but somehow I just can't reach you. :flap:

People are suffering down here. They've got to turn on the heat, they're not moving as fast as usual...and you can't feel for me? Where's the compassion? Where's the love?

83-Steelers-43
01-29-2007, 11:47 AM
More snow the merrier. Keep it coming.

floodcitygirl
01-29-2007, 01:09 PM
People are suffering down here. They've got to turn on the heat, they're not moving as fast as usual...and you can't feel for me? Where's the compassion? Where's the love?You're completely right...I'm a wicked woman. It's just that frost bite sets in so quickly if I attempt to reach out from my gloves where I'm warming my hands in front of the fire. I'll try to do better...:flap: :sofunny:

stlrtruck
01-29-2007, 01:38 PM
You're completely right...I'm a wicked woman. It's just that frost bite sets in so quickly if I attempt to reach out from my gloves where I'm warming my hands in front of the fire. I'll try to do better...:flap: :sofunny:

I'll tell you what when you're still getting snow in March, you can come down and visit in FL (it'll be 80s by then during the day) and you can thaw out by the beach.

floodcitygirl
01-29-2007, 01:50 PM
I'll tell you what when you're still getting snow in March, you can come down and visit in FL (it'll be 80s by then during the day) and you can thaw out by the beach.Thanks for the invite! I actually am working on a trip to Florida for the spring. We actually get very little snow here.....that I wouldn't mind. It's that wind chill factor below the teens that gets me. It just turned really cold here yesterday.

stlrtruck
01-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the invite! I actually am working on a trip to Florida for the spring. We actually get very little snow here.....that I wouldn't mind. It's that wind chill factor below the teens that gets me. It just turned really cold here yesterday.

Just make sure you stay away during Spring Break. It's impossible to drive anywhere and everywhere you want to be takes twice as long to get there driving then if you walked.

floodcitygirl
01-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Just make sure you stay away during Spring Break. It's impossible to drive anywhere and everywhere you want to be takes twice as long to get there driving then if you walked.Believe me...I'm familiar. I used to live in Boca Raton. When the snow birds hit it's bad enough...the population swells to at least 10 X's the norm. Then the spring breakers on top of that...it's hard to find a patch of sand to sit on at Deerfield Beach!

stlrtruck
01-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Believe me...I'm familiar. I used to live in Boca Raton. When the snow birds hit it's bad enough...the population swells to at least 10 X's the norm. Then the spring breakers on top of that...it's hard to find a patch of sand to sit on at Deerfield Beach!

Yeah, that's a good way to put it.

augustashark
01-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Marion got 8 inches last night!:chuckle:

83-Steelers-43
01-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Marion got 8 inches last night!:chuckle:

Nice avatar. :toofunny:

stlrtruck
01-31-2007, 08:48 AM
Finally, after 3 days of 40 degree weather, we are finally back above 50!!!! By the weekend we are suppose to be back up to high 60s low 70s!

floodcitygirl
01-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Finally, after 3 days of 40 degree weather, we are finally back above 50!!!! By the weekend we are suppose to be back up to high 60s low 70s!Did anyone ever tell you that you have a mean streak? :flap:

stlrtruck
01-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Did anyone ever tell you that you have a mean streak? :flap:

What? I didn't start this weather thread, I'm just posting the truth!

So you can't handle the truth! (tell me you didn't see this one coming)

But since you want to "accuse" me :hug: of having a mean streak :evil:

here's a link for the 10 day forecast in my area, you can always enjoy it from afar :wink02: :flap:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/34698?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

floodcitygirl
01-31-2007, 09:55 AM
What? I didn't start this weather thread, I'm just posting the truth!

So you can't handle the truth! (tell me you didn't see this one coming)

But since you want to "accuse" me :hug: of having a mean streak :evil:

here's a link for the 10 day forecast in my area, you can always enjoy it from afar :wink02: :flap:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/34698?from=36hr_topnav_undeclaredI'm crushed by the brutality of such a personal attack. :thud: The only way you can possibly make it right is to adopt me and my children....at least until spring! :wink02:

stlrtruck
01-31-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm crushed by the brutality of such a personal attack. :thud: The only way you can possibly make it right is to adopt me and my children....at least until spring! :wink02:

If you don't mind sleeping on the couch on the days and weekends that I've got my step-children, then move 'em on down. But it will require that you do some chores around the house. :hug: :bouncy:

Oh, and you've got to sit with my wife and give her training on being a Steelers fan. Teach her the history and all that good stuff. Then you've got to take my wee one and make sure she gets connected to the Black and Gold (although I've already subjected her to variety of Steeler paraphenalia it won't hurt to have someone else doing it too) :banana:

floodcitygirl
01-31-2007, 11:00 AM
If you don't mind sleeping on the couch on the days and weekends that I've got my step-children, then move 'em on down. But it will require that you do some chores around the house. :hug: :bouncy:

Oh, and you've got to sit with my wife and give her training on being a Steelers fan. Teach her the history and all that good stuff. Then you've got to take my wee one and make sure she gets connected to the Black and Gold (although I've already subjected her to variety of Steeler paraphenalia it won't hurt to have someone else doing it too) :banana:No problem!!!!! I've worked as a Nanny for years. The last family that I worked for, their son was 3 and their daughter was 3 months old when I started. I had them until the girl went to kindergarten. By the time she was two, she was doing the Steeler's chant......much to her Bengal daddy's dismay! You know what they say....the hand that rocks the cradle.......:wink02: :tt02:

stlrtruck
01-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Sounds good to me.

BOXCAR JOEY
01-31-2007, 01:51 PM
so far its been flurries everyday here in central jersey. pretty soon i think were gunna get hit with a bad storm sooner or later. Hopefully sooner if you ask me.

steelerbackr4life
02-01-2007, 07:34 PM
so far its been flurries everyday here in central jersey. pretty soon i think were gunna get hit with a bad storm sooner or later. Hopefully sooner if you ask me.

Im with you I could go for a big snow. It is supposed to snow tonight but change by the Morning. If the forecasters track record holds up though we will get smacked with a nice storm. Usually every time theysay we are getting a big snow we dont so now maybe with them saying we wont we will.

stlrtruck
02-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Snow? What is snow? The last time I saw snow, someone had the tv on the wrong station.

This morning when I woke up it was already 62 degrees with some wind. We had a storm last night but today it's suppose to be up in the 80s. I'll keep you posted.

83-Steelers-43
02-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Punxsutawney Phil Predicts Early Spring: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/G/GROUNDHOG_DAY?SITE=PAPIT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=home.htm

SteelCityMan786
02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Shocker.

HometownGal
02-04-2007, 08:58 AM
4 degrees here in the South Hills of the Burgh this morning. Brrrrrrrrrrr. We're forecasted to have a high of 9 today and -20 wind chill tonight. Not much different tomorrow. I love the winter and the cold, but this is just a little too cold for my liking!

Stay warm everyone!

floodcitygirl
02-04-2007, 10:36 AM
7 this morning with a high of 18.....and then there's the wind. At least the sun is shining!

Chronicgaming
02-04-2007, 05:26 PM
We had the harsh temps in Denver on Friday, but now it is getting up to 51 today. :thumbsup:

Some people are predicting another huge storm here this month. Not that I mind the snow, but I hope they're wrong.

BlacknGold76
02-04-2007, 11:30 PM
cold cold brrrrrrrrrr cold and more cold and snow than I have seen in quite awhile here in kansas.:coffee: :computer:

clevestinks
02-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Butt &^*&*O& Cold! I`m on vacation today to recover. Now theres no school! So much for , "What I wanted to do" LOl Its all good though!

SteelCityMan786
02-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Another Bitter Cold Day here in Hollidaysburg. School is on 2 Hour Delay.

polamalufan43
02-05-2007, 09:26 AM
All the schools around here are closed. I'm freezing my butt off at the moment, plus my fingers are pretty much freezing as I type, and it is about 8 degrees. Why couldn't I have been in South Florida....70 degree weather.....how I miss it....

~polamalufan43:tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2007, 09:44 AM
-8 with a wind chill of -25......freaking midwest plains with their lack of hills to block the wind!!!!

All the schools are closed because the buses are diesel...and have jelled up

stlrtruck
02-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Cold, Windy and Rainy (what happen to my 70 degree weather)

Maybe it's time to move farther south!

SteelCityMan786
02-05-2007, 10:50 PM
-2 and School is on delay here for Tomorrow.

Borski
02-06-2007, 12:39 AM
-2 here, with -20 wind chills and all the Schools Middle/high and Colleges in the area are closed exept mine...

Preacher
02-06-2007, 01:48 AM
67 degrees here. Heck, if I didn't have an important meeting tomorrow, I would wear shorts! \:sofunny::wave:

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2007, 09:28 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20070206ds_wea_rivericePJ_450.jpg

floodcitygirl
02-06-2007, 09:33 AM
It's around 12 degrees. We are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow around 3 today. So...without a flake in the sky they have canceled many schools for today! :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Another picture of our city.......

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20070206ds_wea_riverice_hzPJ_580.jpg

ARKIESTEEL
02-06-2007, 10:09 AM
I think it is going to be close to 60 or so here today

floodcitygirl
02-06-2007, 10:16 AM
I think it is going to be close to 60 or so here today
Shut up! :flap:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-06-2007, 10:47 AM
12 degrees and expecting 5-8 inches of snow....(and I am at work handling all the people who have forgotten how to drive on snow:dang:)

MACH1
02-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Mid 50's --- Its a heat wave :whistle:

polamalufan43
02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Mid 50's --- Its a heat wave :whistle:

Be thankful for it. Our heat wave now is when a actually have a temperature that can be recorded!

steelerbackr4life
02-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Finally cold enough here for a sustained period of time that I can play some pond hockey tomorrow! :thumbsup:

polamalufan43
02-10-2007, 04:00 PM
It's getting alittle warmer over here. There is another winter blast coming in Tuesday but we aren't sure if that is going to reach Pittsburgh or not.

steelerbackr4life
02-10-2007, 04:20 PM
It is supossed to be a high of 34 tomorrow then get cold again Tuesday. So hopefully it will be nice to play outside tomorrow but not nice enough to melt everything. I cant wait I havent played some good old pond hockey in a long time!

steel4me88
02-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I am so happy we are finally getting snow! We are going to need alot or it will be another bad fire season here in Montana.

wiqidjuggalo
02-12-2007, 01:31 PM
http://llnw.img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_043071659/lg

I live in the 6-12 inch area of the map...

so this is basically what the burgh area is looking forward to tonite and tomorrow...

stlrtruck
02-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Ahhh....winter is now over and the day time temps are back in the 70s.

Oh, don't worry, the night still drops into the high 40s/low 50s!!!!

polamalufan43
02-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Ahhh....winter is now over and the day time temps are back in the 70s.

Oh, don't worry, the night still drops into the high 40s/low 50s!!!!

Shut up shut up shut up, jk jk.

I'm fine with the cold temps over here right now, there's been sunshine every now and then.

polamalufan43
02-12-2007, 08:26 PM
It's hot and in the low 80's! Very nice!!!

That's nice. I guess that's typical AZ weather?

steelerbackr4life
02-12-2007, 08:41 PM
I love the winter I could never live in a place where it doesnt freeze or snow. Im actually bummed that we havent had any snow here to go with our frigid temps recently.

polamalufan43
02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
I love the winter I could never live in a place where it doesnt freeze or snow. Im actually bummed that we havent had any snow here to go with our frigid temps recently.

Really random comment, but It just really annoyed me that it didn't snow on Christmas, when it snows it adds to the atmosphere.

stlrtruck
02-13-2007, 08:55 AM
That's nice. I guess that's typical AZ weather?

Oh, I see how you are PF43 - I get shut up shut up and he gets "that's nice". I can't believe it - I'm almost in tears - oh wait no I'm not because it's another beautiful day in the sunshine state! :thumbsup: :hug: :chicken:

HometownGal
02-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Snowing like a champ here in the South Hills of the Burgh! 5-8 forecasted for today, another 1-3 tonight and 1-3 tomorrow. You sun dwellers can have your 70 degree temps - I'll take the 30's and snow any day of the week! Let it snow!!! :banana: :banana: :thumbsup:

polamalufan43
02-13-2007, 09:29 AM
All I see today is white, anywhere from 2-8 inches over here. Most of the schools were closed today, I guess the kids are happy about that. When I can see outside my window, everything looks beautiful.

BOXCAR JOEY
02-13-2007, 09:46 AM
its oold. they were callin for snow, now theyre callin for a prayer. i think here in centreal jersey were gunna get an inch to 3 inches by 12 tonight

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-13-2007, 09:54 AM
We are getting nailed...8 inches and another 6 expected...blizzard conditions....and everything is closing..roads...schools...courthouse....only people working are my dispatchers and me....(even the cops are staying in the station unless absolutely necessary)

Preacher
02-13-2007, 11:52 AM
It is horrible here. It will barely reach the 60's today!! The Sun is out shining after a few hours of rain yesterday. OH THE HUMANITY!

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2007, 12:48 PM
As much as 12 inches of snow here. And Hollidaysburg Area School District has been dismissed from classes at 12:00. So I am home now.

HometownGal
02-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Wow, Matt - I'm shocked they didn't close all of the schools up your way this morning. Everything here is closed. We have about 6 inches on the ground out here and it's still coming down at a pretty good clip. My daughter came over to shovel early this morning, I did the last round and also shoveled out my elderly neighbors' , but I think I'm going to wait now until it is over sometime tomorrow to snow blow it out of the walkway, sidewalk and driveway. You no sooner shovel it and it is covered again, but I'm lovin' it! :banana:

floodcitygirl
02-13-2007, 01:04 PM
We had a covering overnight but the temp has warmed up enough that we've gone from snow to sleet and freezing rain to rain. They're saying as the temp drops will be bck to all snow depending on how north of the city you are. So by tomorrow morning it's anybodys guess on what you'll find. All the schools are closed here today but 3 inches will always do that here.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-13-2007, 01:07 PM
It is horrible here. It will barely reach the 60's today!! The Sun is out shining after a few hours of rain yesterday. OH THE HUMANITY!

:ak47: PREACHER:m16:

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Wow, Matt - I'm shocked they didn't close all of the schools up your way this morning. Everything here is closed. We have about 6 inches on the ground out here and it's still coming down at a pretty good clip. My daughter came over to shovel early this morning, I did the last round and also shoveled out my elderly neighbors' , but I think I'm going to wait now until it is over sometime tomorrow to snow blow it out of the walkway, sidewalk and driveway. You no sooner shovel it and it is covered again, but I'm lovin' it! :banana:

Schools like Altoona, Bishop Guilfoyle, all the schools in Cambria County had the day off. Schools like Hollidaysburg, State College, Bedford County Schools all had early dismissals. I guess Hollidaysburg has tougher backs then all the other schools in Blair County. We may end up closed tomorrow though. If we do, we have to go on Friday according to my English teacher. Today we were supposed to do scheduling, but I think that is going to be the first day we are back.

memphissteelergirl
02-13-2007, 02:15 PM

HA! :toofunny:

(But ya gotta admit that you asked for that, Preacher) :flap:

Weather is kinda dreary and rainy here...in the low 50's but temp is expected to drop throughout the afternoon. We got some snow a couple of weeks ago...about an inch and a half and you would have thought we were in the same boat as the folks up North.

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2007, 07:38 PM
School is on 2 Hour Delay

BOXCAR JOEY
02-13-2007, 09:40 PM
I have snow. bout friggin time

SteelCityMan786
02-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Hollidaysburg and all schools across West Central Pennsylvania(well almost all). CLOSED. Man, so much for having Friday off.

floodcitygirl
02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Schools are all closed again here tomorrow. We've had an ice storm most of the day that is supposed to turn to snow sometime tonight. Power lines and trees are snapping all over the place. I was on my way home earlier this evening and got caught by a downed line. When the emergency services guys got there he told me to just drive over it slowly. I drive an SUV and he said the big rubber tires would protect me. Freaked me out a little! I'm staying home.

Really sad....a nine yr old girl nearby was walking her dog in her front yard. A tree limb snapped and fell on her...she died.

polamalufan43
02-14-2007, 11:06 AM
All schools are closed over here for the second day in a row. And I think one of the schools is taking some PSSA tests this week, so I guess they are screwed.

stillers4me
02-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Schools are all closed again here tomorrow. We've had an ice storm most of the day that is supposed to turn to snow sometime tonight. Power lines and trees are snapping all over the place. I was on my way home earlier this evening and got caught by a downed line. When the emergency services guys got there he told me to just drive over it slowly. I drive an SUV and he said the big rubber tires would protect me. Freaked me out a little! I'm staying home.

Really sad....a nine yr old girl nearby was walking her dog in her front yard. A tree limb snapped and fell on her...she died.

Oh no!! I haven't heard about that.....but my cable and internet just came back on in the last hour.

melroseplace
02-14-2007, 07:31 PM
my university was closed today and yesterday (which is craazy) but very okay with me :bouncy:
around 7 last night I cleaned about 5 inches of snow plus a layer of ice off my car...this morning around 11 I went out and it took me over an hour to get all the ice off, it was crazy.

steelerbackr4life
02-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Really random comment, but It just really annoyed me that it didn't snow on Christmas, when it snows it adds to the atmosphere.

I was bummed that not only it didnt snow but it was also warm here. I once spent a Christmas in Florida with a relative and it never felt like Christmas at all.

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2007, 08:31 PM
2 Hour Delay here tomorrow.

stlrtruck
02-15-2007, 08:07 AM
I can handle the no-snow for Christmas! If I want to see snow on Christmas, I'll turn on the weather channel!

However, I did think about renting a snow maker this Christmas to surprise the kids!

BTW, it's in the 60s today! Suppose to rain!

polamalufan43
02-15-2007, 08:58 PM
I can handle the no-snow for Christmas! If I want to see snow on Christmas, I'll turn on the weather channel!

However, I did think about renting a snow maker this Christmas to surprise the kids!

BTW, it's in the 60s today! Suppose to rain!

rain or freezing rain...hmmmmm.... oh well, at least I have an ice rink in my backyard!

Preacher
02-18-2007, 01:37 AM

Tell me how you really feel!

You know, I had to turn on the AIR CONDITIONER today! Such a shame.

blackvelvet
02-18-2007, 11:53 AM
We had four snow days in the course of eight days and three 2 hour delays. Our driveway is completley icy, so icy, you can take an icicle, throw it on the grond, and it will either break or roll down the hill instead of falling in the snow. So what's that they're saying about global warming?

83-Steelers-43
02-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks Ollie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG79J18koWM

:banana:

SteelShooter
02-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, it is 1154am (central), Sunday, 18Feb. It was 30F this morning and is currently 45F with
clear skies.

polamalufan43
02-18-2007, 02:06 PM
It's still pretty cold over here, but by next week it should start to go into the 30's and 40's and 50's, supposively anyway. Which may seem cold, but it's warm for what the temps have been like over here.

stlrtruck
02-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Ok so for the past two nights it has dipped down into the high 30's (and some parts of FL have freezing temps). However, yesterday afternoon it was warm enough for me to use my smoker grill - nothing like good temps and chicken and ribs falling right off the bones for dinner!!!!!

polamalufan43
02-20-2007, 04:18 PM
We have a heat wave of 40 degrees up here...which yes, compared to the non-exsistant temps we had before THIS IS A HEATWAVE

Countblaa
02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
In Anchorage Alaska its frigin cold. Its about 3 today.

SteelCityMan786
02-20-2007, 06:22 PM
About 40 degree weather right here. HEAT WAVE. LOL.

Stainless Steel
02-20-2007, 06:26 PM
We hit 40 too. We had rain too. NW Ohio here.

SteelCityMan786
03-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Another snow storm hit here and I have a day off of school. Man, I was looking forward to being able to watch the Pirates home opener. Now I have to go to school when it happens.

HometownGal
03-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Another snow storm hit here and I have a day off of school. Man, I was looking forward to being able to watch the Pirates home opener. Now I have to go to school when it happens.

You lucky devil you!!!

We were forecasted to get 3-5 out here in the South Hills, but as usual, the forecasters were wrong. We got a dusting. Ever since they started using computer modules, the forecasts have been way off - I much preferred the good old days when Kudzma and DiNardo read weather patterns themselves and 90% of the time got it right. :dang:

SteelCityMan786
03-07-2007, 09:02 AM
You lucky devil you!!!

We were forecasted to get 3-5 out here in the South Hills, but as usual, the forecasters were wrong. We got a dusting. Ever since they started using computer modules, the forecasts have been way off - I much preferred the good old days when Kudzma and DiNardo read weather patterns themselves and 90% of the time got it right. :dang:

I'm also in a house on a hill in Hollidaysburg so I got probably some where in the middle at my house. We were supposed to get 3-6. It just stinks they couldn't get the accuracy down over at DiNardo's.

BOXCAR JOEY
03-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Its snowing here in central jersey. Yesterday I was in mt. pocono,Pa and it was 2 degrees at noon.

stlrtruck
03-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Can you believe it that we got another cold spell (2 days) and now it's back up in the 50's at night and 70's during the day. I think next week it's suppose hit the good ole 80 mark!

Look out here comes summer!!

SteelCityMan786
03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Can you believe it that we got another cold spell (2 days) and now it's back up in the 50's at night and 70's during the day. I think next week it's suppose hit the good ole 80 mark!

Look out here comes summer!!

Lucky!:toofunny:

wiqidjuggalo
03-07-2007, 02:26 PM
well today its in the 20's with about 3 inches of fresh snow on the ground... i cant wait till next week when its in the 60's...

polamalufan43
03-07-2007, 07:46 PM
We got a random snowstorm and there's gonna be more...

NV STEELERS 723
03-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Hmmm......been high 70's here in So. NV....so nice...I have not needed my jacket at work, and this Friday our forcast is 80 degrees for my reg foursome on a 7:30am tee time...Me thinks I'll wear shorts, and my yellow pro-fit 5 Time SB Champs STEELERS hat that I just got...:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
03-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Guess Who's back. Back again. Old Man Winter's Back. Tell a friend. Guess who's back, Guess Who's back...

A 10 Inch Snow Storm is the area. School has been dismissed early in Hollidaysburg and other schools. Some had the day off. Glad I don't have to go during my summer! :rofl:

polamalufan43
03-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Stupid snow... ahhhhh
Wore my black steelers hoodie today and it looked like I had a bad case of dandriff...

FeaR #83
03-20-2007, 10:43 AM
frickin hailing at the minute

whats more its so damn cold its ridiculous!

BettisFan
03-20-2007, 11:25 AM
its really nice here sunny with really cool clouds and its like 75 80 perfect in houston

FeaR #83
03-20-2007, 12:18 PM
its really nice here sunny with really cool clouds and its like 75 80 perfect in houston

sooo damn envious, you know i have got a sniper which can easily shot across the rather large pond that separates us :tt02:

polamalufan43
03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Going to 60 Tomorrow!!!!!!!!

stlrtruck
03-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Ok, finally, old man winter has left florida. Spring Training is in full swing and so is the 80 degree weather!

I love it! Someone turn on the AC!

floodcitygirl
03-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Partly cloudy and 70 something today. The trees are budding and bulbs are starting to come up. Definately feels like spring. (That means, it could snow flurry next week! lol)