PDA

View Full Version : Lelie voids deal with Falcons making him a free agent

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Report: Lelie voids deal with Falcons making him a free agent

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports has learned that Atlanta Falcons? wide receiver Ashley Lelie voided his contract on Friday and is now scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. He had play-time incentives that allowed him to void the final year remaining on his contract. This likely makes him the top free agent wide out on the open market.

Lelie became expendable when the Broncos traded for Javon Walker but wanted out before that trade was ever made. Atlanta traded, in essence, RB T.J. Duckett through Washington, for Lelie during the preseason.

Lelie played in 15 games for the Falcons. He had 28 receptions for 430 yards and 1 TD.

Position: WR
Height: 6-3
Weight: 200
Born: 02/16/1980
College: Hawaii
NFL Experience: 5

Well..what does the forum think....would we want him or not?

stlrtruck
01-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Nope, I like our WR corp!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Nope, I like our WR corp!

I would personally take Lelie over Wilson....!!!!..but I understand that its a personal decision....and personal preference...(Like my not liking Deshea)

tony hipchest
01-26-2007, 09:06 AM
i like his height but im not sure if i like his hands. he thinks he is, and wants to be a #1. me and atl dan were talking and its obvious aour defenders cant defend the fade route. our offense doesnt throw many fade routes so it stands to reason not much time is devoted to this in practice.

i think someone like keyshawn johnson would be perfect and help both the offense and defense. (keyshawn always has played defense on hail marys)

stlrtruck
01-26-2007, 09:27 AM
I would personally take Lelie over Wilson....!!!!..but I understand that its a personal decision....and personal preference...(Like my not liking Deshea)

Not that Wilson is my first choice on the WR Corp. But I do like him (although I've seen him drop key passes). On my roster, he'd probably drop to the #3 or 4 slot and be more of a spread the defense type player. Although Lelie does have some great attributes (from what I've seen on film), I think this WR Corp has had time to gel and inserting another player could damage that (IMHO).

As for Deshea, I'm not much for him either. Every time I see him on the field, I start smelling burnt toast!

memphissteelergirl
01-26-2007, 09:48 AM
As for Lelie...nah...pass

Now I am not getting all this hate for Cedrick, at the risk of sounding like a homer here (he is from Memphis, y'know).

Granted, Cedrick is not my first choice as main go-to guy, and he has ticked me off a few times dropping passes he should have caught (to be fair all our receivers had a bad case of "butterfingers" this season). But he is a capable #3 or #4 receiver who can make plays (see '05 playoffs). And he may have some extra incentive with a new coach. I am sure he knows he is gonna have to step it up.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Wow...this does surprise me..I thought that most of us would jump at the chance to have a 6'3 reciever....but I am outvoted now 3-1....c'mon people ..someone get my back!!!!!!:sofunny:

fansince'76
01-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Living in Denver I am very familiar with Lelie. He was a lazy malcontent with the Broncos. Looks like the pattern held with the Falcons. No thanks.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Wow...this does surprise me..I thought that most of us would jump at the chance to have a 6'3 reciever....but I am outvoted now 3-1....c'mon people ..someone get my back!!!!!!:sofunny:

I would like to have a 6-3 WR that can jump like Lelie. But he is to soft. He can't take any contact.

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2007, 03:21 PM
The Falcons supposedly wanted to keep Lelie for the right price. If Lelie's price was too high for the Falcons you can bet it is too high for a team with as little 2007 cap room as the Steelers, especially since WR is not the top problem to fix for the Steelers.

boLT fan
01-26-2007, 03:57 PM
He's fast but he can't catch. He was horrible in Denver.

touchdownward
01-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Living in Denver I am very familiar with Lelie. He was a lazy malcontent with the Broncos. Looks like the pattern held with the Falcons. No thanks.

That was my thinking on the subject, '76. I figured after two teams in two years with his talent, he must be a malcontent.