PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Media

stlrtruck
01-26-2007, 03:38 PM
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9954525

INDIANAPOLIS (Jan. 25, 2007) -- Pro Football Writers Association president Dave Elfin filed a complaint with the NFL regarding the Colts' arrival time for the Super Bowl.

The team's plane is not expected to land in South Florida until Monday at 7:30 p.m. Players and coach Tony Dungy are expected to be available an hour later.

The Chicago Bears are following the general trend of arriving Sunday evening.

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said the team had no comment, and NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Indianapolis was working within the league's guidelines.

"The teams are required to be in the Super Bowl city by the end of the day Monday," Aiello said. "It's the team's option whether to arrive Sunday. Obviously, the Bears opted to do something different than the Colts. But it's no issue as far as we're concerned."

Are you kidding me? So the media now gets to file a complaint because they don't have the access they want to the players and coaches!

When is enough, enough? They can't get the stories correct. They can't write a story without involving some sort of rumor and/or conspiracy theory. And now they want to file a complaint because we don't have enough time with the players and coaches to spin some out of control story! Give it rest - you're a bunch jerks anyway!

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I always thought the whole point of Tuesday media day was for the writers to have their day of access then, hence the requirement the teams arrive by Monday evening.

Maybe with tight budgets at newspapers these days the writers are being told by their editors they cannot fly to Miami until Monday night (or take the early bird flight Tuesday morning to make it in time for official media day?) if the Colts are not arriving until then and are pi**ed off they cannot start their vacations in Miami until Monday night.

If anyone should file a grievance it should be by the Colts players for having to spend Sunday night in Indy rather than South Beach.

polamalufan43
01-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Like I said, no one can get a straight story anymore because everyone is trying to twist the story in their favor, trying to make someone else look like the bad guy.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest
01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
well the patriot apologist media is also trying to push the story that the colts cranked up the heat in the dome last weekend to make all the patriot players sick. nothing suprises me at this point.

Preacher
01-26-2007, 07:54 PM
The only thing I trust less the politicians is the media. Period.

boLT fan
01-26-2007, 08:22 PM
well the patriot apologist media is also trying to push the story that the colts cranked up the heat in the dome last weekend to make all the patriot players sick. nothing suprises me at this point.

Oh man that would funny if it was true. Belichecks "brilliant plan" of saying everyone was sick back firing horribly. :sofunny:

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2007, 09:47 PM

Not surprising the Boston media would accuse the Colts of turning up the heat - for those NBA fans old enough to remember, Red Auerbach was accused by the Lakers of turning on the heat during a June playoff game in Boston Garden in the mid-1980s to tire out the fast breaking Magic Lakers against Bird's Celtics - Boston media and fans thought it was great gamesmanship then but apparently not now.

Sometimes the screwer becomes the screwee.

tony hipchest
01-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh man that would funny if it was true. Belichecks "brilliant plan" of saying everyone was sick back firing horribly. :sofunny:
i heard one season ticket holder admit that it was warm in there.

but a cold day in indiana, in january... its all about fan comfort, right?

boLT fan
01-26-2007, 10:21 PM
i heard one season ticket holder admit that it was warm in there.

but a cold day in indiana, in january... its all about fan comfort, right?

It was really warm in there. I heard the announcers talking about it. I'm guessing it was for the fans, like you said.

tony hipchest
01-26-2007, 10:27 PM
It was really warm in there. I heard the announcers talking about it. I'm guessing it was for the fans, like you said. :chuckle: yep. the players get paid to play, regardless of the conditions. however its the fans who PAY to be there. kudos to the colts for making fan comfort #1

Preacher
01-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Of course, we don't want to talk about the Colts pumping in extra crowd noise through the PA when we played them, according to Cowher. LOL

hardwork
01-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Not surprising the Boston media would accuse the Colts of turning up the heat - for those NBA fans old enough to remember, Red Auerbach was accused by the Lakers of turning on the heat during a June playoff game in Boston Garden in the mid-1980s to tire out the fast breaking Magic Lakers against Bird's Celtics - Boston media and fans thought it was great gamesmanship then but apparently not now.

Sometimes the screwer becomes the screwee.

About 99% of what Red Auerbach was accused of doing he didn't have anything to do with. He loved the stories though, and even encouraged them by retelling them in embellished form.

The garden was so old and run down you couldn't have tampered with the heat in one locker room and not the other even if you had wanted to. Unknown to most visiting teams the Celtics locker room was as big a pit as the visitors.

As much a dump as the old Boston Garden was though, everybody in town loved it and wishes it was still there. Rats and all.

Haiku_Dirtt
01-27-2007, 01:22 PM
The only thing I trust less the politicians is the media. Period.

"Well if I would have plagarized the NYT story this is how I would have done it"

"Well if I did have sex with her in the oval office this is how I would have done it"

You mean like that?