PDA

View Full Version : I want Samuel from the Pats

Eztarget
01-26-2007, 03:50 PM
He's an UFA ... he would instantly fix a LOT of our secondary problems from last year and allow Troy to be Troy a lot more!

Cut whoever it takes to free up the space.

Dynasty
01-26-2007, 03:53 PM
u do mean Asante Samuel, right... if u do, why? he is a good CB, but mcfadden is going to be good next year, and hopefully, Ike will get back to form. If that works out like we all hope, then we will have no need for the guy.

SteelerFanInCA
01-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Is he really a good CB or did he just have one good year last year? I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on this guy.

Eztarget
01-26-2007, 03:56 PM
u do mean Asante Samuel, right... if u do, why? he is a good CB, but mcfadden is going to be good next year, and hopefully, Ike will get back to form. If that works out like we all hope, then we will have no need for the guy.

Yes that's who and seriously if you can replace Taylor with Samuel you'd be crazy not to. Did you watch the AFC playoffs this year? Samuel is WAY better than anyone we have, and our secondary KILLED us this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Ok the Steelers will not go after Asante Samuel. He would have a huge price tag. To high for the Steelers liking.

MACH1
01-26-2007, 04:18 PM
I certainly dont think we would be down grading any. Ikes making way to much money to be getting burned or sitting on the sidelines.

Livinginthe past
01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Basic rule of thumb - the Patriots can't afford the guys that the Steelers can't afford to sign..and vice versa.

NM

SteelerFanInCA
01-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Basic rule of thumb - the Patriots can't afford the guys that the Steelers can't afford to sign..and vice versa.

NM

I think that sums it up.

slashsteel
01-26-2007, 04:38 PM
I agree with what everyone said. But sure I'd love to have him not that we can afford it..........................

Florida_Steelers_Fan
01-26-2007, 06:47 PM
what's the overall opinion on colcough? i'm not sure he's worth a long-term investment.

the only problem with samuel is that, it seems, if you have big games in the playoffs the amount of money it takes to get that player increases dramatically (washington overpaid for randle el and neil o'donnel made dexter jackson a ton of cash...no doubt there are many others).

dunkuntou
01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Samuel is a product of Pats system and he is overrated. He is going to get way too much money...with Tomlin around hopefully Ike goes back to being Ike

Steelers
01-26-2007, 07:47 PM
If you can be patient with a rookie for 1 year, Darelle Revis will be the man. He's gonna be a playmaker wherever he goes, might as well keep him in the city.

we ride
01-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Samuel is a great db, but he's will be out of the Steeler's price range! We need linebackers and lineman ........now!!!:tt02: :tt02:

SteelerFanInTX210
01-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Samuel is like a Larry Brown from the cowboys back in the day, he catches a couple of balls and he wants alot of money, i guarantee he wont be catching the kind of interceptions with another team. Plus the steelers arent going to fork out cash for anyone i dont care if it was Deion Sanders reincarnated. Is it just me or do you think Deshea is overrated too???

Preacher
01-26-2007, 09:49 PM

NM

Now that is a smart post!

hardwork
01-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Ok the Steelers will not go after Asante Samuel. He would have a huge price tag. To high for the Steelers liking.

Of course.

For every interception he had in the playoffs this year you can add on about a million bucks to his yearly salary. And that's just for starters. We aren't going to pay it, and neither are the Steelers.

fansince'76
01-27-2007, 12:31 AM
We've never forked over big $$$ for free agents. Samuel will want big $$$. He won't be coming here.

tony hipchest
01-27-2007, 01:22 AM
he is a system cb who heavilly relies on the pats front 7 to make plays for him. he had a great int for a td in the 1st half against the colts, but he sure didnt do anything to prevent the colts from hanging up 32 (all offensive) points on them in the 2nd half.

he would have about as much impact with the steelers as d. branch did with the seahawks. he wants champ bailey money, ignoring the fact that he has yet to play like bailey has on a consistant basis. the pats were patient for him to come into his own. the steelers need to do the same with taylor and mcfadden.

ChronoCross
01-27-2007, 06:41 AM
to much money for him.. wont happen.. and were just fine..

HometownGal
01-27-2007, 07:10 AM
he is a system cb who heavilly relies on the pats front 7 to make plays for him. he had a great int for a td in the 1st half against the colts, but he sure didnt do anything to prevent the colts from hanging up 32 (all offensive) points on them in the 2nd half.

he would have about as much impact with the steelers as d. branch did with the seahawks. he wants champ bailey money, ignoring the fact that he has yet to play like bailey has on a consistant basis. the pats were patient for him to come into his own. the steelers need to do the same with taylor and mcfadden.

Right on the money, Tony. I'm content with being patient with Ike and McFadden. :thumbsup: The money it would take to bring Samuel here could be used much better to address other more vital needs.

Dynasty
01-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Something else that needs to be considered is that before Tomlin was a DC, and now our Head Coach, he was an ace Defensive Backfield coach. I have a feeling his expertise will help our young guys a lot.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-27-2007, 10:44 AM

I think Ike will be back to his 2005 form and McFadden will be one of the better CB's in the league this season.

Infamix
01-27-2007, 12:13 PM
what's the overall opinion on colcough? i'm not sure he's worth a long-term investment.

the only problem with samuel is that, it seems, if you have big games in the playoffs the amount of money it takes to get that player increases dramatically (washington overpaid for randle el and neil o'donnel made dexter jackson a ton of cash...no doubt there are many others).

(Jim Moras press conference Playoffs Voice)

Colclough! Colclough! Why would you ever talk about Colclough!

Haiku_Dirtt
01-27-2007, 01:02 PM

NM

I wouldn't say "can't". They won't afford. Each believes in their abilities to either plug the holes or bring in the new young buck.

Livinginthe past
01-27-2007, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't say "can't". They won't afford. Each believes in their abilities to either plug the holes or bring in the new young buck.

'Won't afford' doesn't really make any sense though does it? :wink02:

If both teams continue to make a preference of getting as much quality depth in the 53, and develop talent instead of buying it they can't afford to spend that much money on a player like Samuel :thumbsup:

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-28-2007, 09:58 AM
(Jim Moras press conference Playoffs Voice)

Colclough! Colclough! Why would you ever talk about Colclough!

Colclough should never be used on ST..and used as backup CB and play in the nickel and dime packages....but I reiterate...NEVER play on special teams!!!

slashsteel
01-28-2007, 10:49 AM
he is a system cb who heavilly relies on the pats front 7 to make plays for him.

Some players you can say this about. But his ability to make plays on the ball shows to me he isn't just a system guy. Isn't like he is a Larry Brown. I like his speed as well as his instincts. And because of gutting their (retirement, free agency) roster I don't think the Pats front 7 was the same this year as in championship past.

I love what their coach did for them as I think he and Brady pushed them as far as their talent would take them this year.