PDA

View Full Version : NFL says Fans could face charges for tailgating

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-27-2007, 12:32 AM
What the heck is a football game without grills/RV's in the stadium parking lot. :jawdrop:

http://cbs4.com/sports/local_story_025154548.html

(CBS4) MIAMI Die-hard football fans attending the Super Bowl game at Dolphin Stadium are getting a rude awakening after finding out that no tailgating of any type will be allowed within a one mile radius on game day.

"There is no tailgating allowed in the Dolphin Stadium parking lots," Sue Jaquez, a member of the Super Bowl XLI Host Committee, confirmed on Tuesday. "And there is no tailgating anywhere within a one-mile radius of the stadium." "And there are no RVs allowed."

Tailgating is permitted during regular- and post-season games for Dolphins fans, a team official on Tuesday said it would indeed be allowed at the Super Bowl. According to Jaquez, however, the official has been seriously misinformed.

The Dolphins do not organize and oversee the Super Bowl, Jaquez pointed out. Instead, those duties are left up to NFL officials. And because of security reasons, no pre-game partying on (or very near) the premises will take place. Fans spotted tailgating could face charges, Jaquez said.

"This is part of the NFL, not the Dolphins," Jaquez said. "If the Dolphins are saying there's tailgating -- or think it's going to be allowed -- then they need to contact the NFL."

Detective Nelda Fonticella of the Miami-Dade Police department confirmed the Super Bowl rules.

The rules put in force by the NFL prohibit grilling or consuming alcohol within on Dolphins Stadium grounds.

People "will be warned and asked to pick up their things and leave," Fonticella said. "We're trying to make this a pleasant experience for everyone, and there will be plenty to do in the week leading up to the game."

There is no law prohibiting tailgating outside of the stadium property

tony hipchest
01-27-2007, 01:22 AM
WTF??? who is this infiltrator, to come into their town and try to set the rules? i dont care if theyre a representative of the nfl. they are in miami and the fine people of miami should set and enforce the laws. they have always been able to tailgate and now all of a sudden its against the law?

sue jaquez is just a hater. she must be a patsfan or something... still upset that many in miami hailed saban a god, and culpepper a savior. no reason to go hating on ALL the fans like that, though.

but then again, maybe shes got a point. i mean i'd hate to see the collateral damage if a chicken thigh or bratwurst exploded. :rolleyes:

MACH1
01-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Another example of the No Fun League.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Another example of the No Fun League.

Fo sho!

They don't want all the corporate heads to have to wade through the "nobodies tailgating in the parking lot".

Atlanta Dan
01-27-2007, 12:34 PM
The NFL has its own elitist reasons for this but the no RVs within 1 mile of the stadium sounds like Homeland Security has stuck its beak into this as well. NFL may have simply built on Homeland Security procedures to make its corporate guests more comfortable with not having to deal with the rabble as they get out of their limos and go to the game.

Was there tailgating in Detroit last year or was that in an urban setting with no parking lots?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-27-2007, 01:31 PM
The NFL has its own elitist reasons for this but the no RVs within 1 mile of the stadium sounds like Homeland Security has stuck its beak into this as well.

Makes perfect sense to me no RV's within 1 mile of the stadium but the US borders remain wide open....maybe homeland insecurity should have the RV's at the border so we can make sure the NFL "terrorist" get a good meal before entering the US.

Okay I understand now. :dang:

klick81
01-27-2007, 02:00 PM
This is just more of the NFLs attempt to keep a clean rich elitest atmosphere at thier precious Super Bowl. They wouldn't want real fans intruding on thier party.

Just what I was thinking. Freakin' ridiculous.

HometownGal
01-27-2007, 02:43 PM
This is the same NFL that allows thugs, druggies, alkies and perverts to play in the NFL after getting their hands smacked. :screwy: :screwy: :rolleyes:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Are you freaking kidding me once again it goes to show the NFL is nothing but a bunch of money grubbers!!

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/232346,CST-NWS-field28.article

NFL intercepts plan for bash at Soldier Field

January 28, 2007
BY ANDREW HERRMANN Staff Reporter

The Chicago Park District tried to make the Super Bowl a home game for Chicago Bears fans. The NFL, though, blew the whistle on that idea Friday.

The Park District, which owns and operates Soldier Field, inquired whether it could open the stadium for a "nominal fee" as a charity fund-raiser and show the game on its huge video screens.

In a memo, the NFL said policy prohibits "mass out-of-home viewing broadcasts" -- because they could water down television ratings.

Viewers in stadiums -- as well as other "outdoor festivals" -- are "not measured by the rating system," according to the memo from the NFL's legal department.

Tailgating still an option
The NFL has control because it is the copyright holder of football telecasts. It also notes that all of its post-season games are on free over-the-air broadcasts -- an offering made possible because of high TV ratings, the league said.

"We would have loved to share Soldier Field and the Bears game experience with fans who may not have otherwise been able to attend a game," said parks spokeswoman Jessica Maxey-Faulkner.

The Park District pitched the event as a way to "promote the NFL and the city of Chicago while raising money for charity."

The district had been considering opening Soldier Field a few hours ahead of the 5:25 p.m. kickoff to show footage from the 1985 Super Bowl-winning Bears team, she said.

The Soldier Field parking lots will be open with a regular rate of $15 for would-be tailgaters, said Maxey-Faulkner.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Are you freaking kidding me once again it goes to show the NFL is nothing but a bunch of money grubbers!!

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/232346,CST-NWS-field28.article

NFL intercepts plan for bash at Soldier Field

January 28, 2007
BY ANDREW HERRMANN Staff Reporter

The Chicago Park District tried to make the Super Bowl a home game for Chicago Bears fans. The NFL, though, blew the whistle on that idea Friday.

The Park District, which owns and operates Soldier Field, inquired whether it could open the stadium for a "nominal fee" as a charity fund-raiser and show the game on its huge video screens.

In a memo, the NFL said policy prohibits "mass out-of-home viewing broadcasts" -- because they could water down television ratings.

Viewers in stadiums -- as well as other "outdoor festivals" -- are "not measured by the rating system," according to the memo from the NFL's legal department.

Tailgating still an option
The NFL has control because it is the copyright holder of football telecasts. It also notes that all of its post-season games are on free over-the-air broadcasts -- an offering made possible because of high TV ratings, the league said.

"We would have loved to share Soldier Field and the Bears game experience with fans who may not have otherwise been able to attend a game," said parks spokeswoman Jessica Maxey-Faulkner.

The Park District pitched the event as a way to "promote the NFL and the city of Chicago while raising money for charity."

The district had been considering opening Soldier Field a few hours ahead of the 5:25 p.m. kickoff to show footage from the 1985 Super Bowl-winning Bears team, she said.

The Soldier Field parking lots will be open with a regular rate of $15 for would-be tailgaters, said Maxey-Faulkner.

They did the same thing last year when fans wanted to have a huge party at Heinz Field.

HometownGal
01-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Once again, the potential benefits of a totalitarian dictatorship: For the price they're charging, I would make the NFL include a 24-pack of beer with each Super Bowl ticket. Also, the cementhead who even proposed such an idiotic rule would be executed.

Steelreserve for dictator.

I think a public stoning for the NFL brass is in order. :chicken:

What a crock of bull. The monies charged were going to go to charities for God's sake. You can bet your sweet bippy if the NFL were getting a piece of the pie, they'd sing a different tune.

Preacher
01-29-2007, 03:22 AM
I think a public stoning for the NFL brass is in order. :chicken:

What a crock of bull. The monies charged were going to go to charities for God's sake. You can bet your sweet bippy if the NFL were getting a piece of the pie, they'd sing a different tune.

Propose a second half-time show played at soldier field, with another 10 minutes of 2.5 million per minute comercials, and see how quickly they allow it.

Hines0wnz
01-29-2007, 12:56 PM
NFL = NO FUN LEAGUE

stlrtruck
01-30-2007, 02:25 PM
I was sitting around today at work and I got to thinking...if they are doing all of this stuff for security reasons - I wonder...

Are bungles players going to be allowed in and/or around the stadium on Game Day?