PDA

View Full Version : SUPERBOWL PLANS

Maidenarcher
01-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Just curious to know what everyone's plans are for the the superbowl....Are there any traditions that some of you have?

polamalufan43
01-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Well, last year it was alot easier. The Friday before the Superbowl my friend and I both pulled on the Polamalu jerseys and pulled out the curlers and crimpers and did are best to recreate Troy's hair cause we didn't have money for wigs. That's are tradition if the Steelers get into the SB.

This year, we are probably just gonna have a party with hoagie rings and hot wings. That's another thing that we always do.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

P.S. GO BEARS!!!!!!!

Big D
01-27-2007, 04:12 PM
i'm going to get drunk......

Godfather
01-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Hopefully, sell a ton of boiled crawfish!

83-Steelers-43
01-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Having friends and family over for a big Italian dinner. Huge tradition here.

sumo
01-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Family and friends get together - wings, wings, and more wings - everybody brings their own homemade version of wings and then I make tacos - last year was the only exception because I had to go on business travel and I ended up watching the game at a huge sportsbar in freakin Seattle of all places.....

Hines0wnz
01-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Going to my good friend's place in Boise. Snowboard on the Saturday before then set up "stadium" seating by his big screen HD. Once the "labor" is done the beer drinking begins and when the SB begins we have parlor games so it makes everyone want to pay attention to the game when $$$ is involved. :thumbsup:

steelerbackr4life
01-28-2007, 01:39 PM
My neigborhood usually has a huge tailgate party where everyone sets up a spread in their driveway. This starts early in the day. At gametime everyone goes to whomevers house they want and watches the game. Rule is you cant enter anyones house during the middle of a quarter you may only enter a different home at the start of a new quarter (unless of course it is your own). This cuts down on the traffic during the game so you can still watch it. My neighbors and I are all close so usually during the week prior people barter things (usually gifts of alchohol snacks and cigars) to reserve seat locations for the quarter they would like to watch.

Last year I participated in the tailgating portion of our tradition but when game time came the doors were locked and unless you wore black and gold and had watched atleast one game with us during the season you werent allowed in. My family and I all watched and celebrated together the same way we do every other Steeler event. After the game was over all my neighbors came over and congratulated us and the party continued.

This year I already have a promise of a snow blown driveway and a case of Heineken for 4th quarter seating reservations.

HometownGal
01-28-2007, 04:20 PM
I normally have a small get-together at my house and prepare a buffet fit for a king! :smile: I'll start prepping everything on Friday so all I have to do is heat and serve.

Have fun everyone, be safe and don't drink and drive. :thumbsup: