PDA

View Full Version : If I have to hear

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-28-2007, 09:28 PM
one more time from the talking heads that Payton Manning deserves a super bowl ring I'm going to :puke:

MACH1
01-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Theres a difference between deserving and earning. Just have to see if he can earn it.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2007, 02:36 AM
one more time from the talking heads that Payton Manning deserves a super bowl ring I'm going to :puke:

Try living in Indiana. Its Peyton is God 24/7 here in the Hoosier State.lol

stlrtruck
01-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Hey I think, Marino deserved a ring too...but you're right there is a difference between EARNING and deserving.

sumo
01-29-2007, 10:42 AM
I was going to start a thread similiar to this - but I want to make 3 points

1. I don't think Marino, Tarkenton, Kelly, Manning, Fouts, etc deserve SB rings -- to echo the title of this thread - I'm gonna puke if I hear one more person try to justify a players greatness based soley on stats - hell, Jake Plummer has better stats than Bradshaw and Namath - should we induct Plummer into the Hall of Fame?

2. Manning will 'deserve' a ring if he wins this Sunday. Tark, Marino, Fouts, etc would have deserved rings if they had won Super Bowls -

3. Legacy - you hear all the talk about Elway also - he didn't win SBs because he played on horrible teams? He finally got a better team around him blah blah blah. I watched the SBs Elway lost and he choked just as bad or worse than everybody else on his team, so he didn't 'deserve' one either until he beat the Packers - why don't the Qbs above step up and say something like "I was part of the team and I didn't play well enough to win..." Instead, they allow this re-writing of history with the writers, analysts and broadcasters....I wonder what their teammates think every time they hear this crap...

memphissteelergirl
01-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Hey I think, Marino deserved a ring too...but you're right there is a difference between EARNING and deserving.

Amen, brother! They should re-word that to say Peyton has the ability to win a SB ring.

stlrtruck
01-29-2007, 11:09 AM
I was going to start a thread similiar to this - but I want to make 3 points

1. I don't think Marino, Tarkenton, Kelly, Manning, Fouts, etc deserve SB rings -- to echo the title of this thread - I'm gonna puke if I hear one more person try to justify a players greatness based soley on stats - hell, Jake Plummer has better stats than Bradshaw and Namath - should we induct Plummer into the Hall of Fame?

2. Manning will 'deserve' a ring if he wins this Sunday. Tark, Marino, Fouts, etc would have deserved rings if they had won Super Bowls -

3. Legacy - you hear all the talk about Elway also - he didn't win SBs because he played on horrible teams? He finally got a better team around him blah blah blah. I watched the SBs Elway lost and he choked just as bad or worse than everybody else on his team, so he didn't 'deserve' one either until he beat the Packers - why don't the Qbs above step up and say something like "I was part of the team and I didn't play well enough to win..." Instead, they allow this re-writing of history with the writers, analysts and broadcasters....I wonder what their teammates think every time they hear this crap...

Well put but unfortunately the media will continue to have their lovefests with a handful of players that "Deserve(d) a Super Bowl title". However, they fail to recognize that teams play the game for the sole purpose of "EARNING" the Tiffany's made trophy and a ring emblazed with diamonds and jewels!

So to everyone the media has labeled as a "deserving" player to never win a Super Bowl. Sack up and say you don't/didn't deserve a thing because you didn't "EARN" it!