PDA

View Full Version : free agents to sign ????

brind666
01-29-2007, 07:36 AM
i wouldnt mind signing af proven vet at G or T.....

coachspeak33
01-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Eric Steinbach is probably going to be the best out there.....lotta dough though!!!!

Faneca is gonna take most of our dollars that are set aside for the Oline...IMO

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Eric Steinbach is probably going to be the best out there.....lotta dough though!!!!

Faneca is gonna take most of our dollars that are set aside for the Oline...IMO

Hopefully he takes a cut.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-29-2007, 07:18 PM

I agree. Its a crapshoot when you draft O linemen. However given what little cap room we have they'll have to be cheap.

Preacher
01-29-2007, 07:28 PM
I wonder if Ward feels at all guilty for taking up a lot of cap room with his salary.

Kermit
01-29-2007, 08:01 PM

Considering he was arrested for boating under the influence, just imagine what he could do with three rivers in town...

I think I'll pass.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
01-29-2007, 08:55 PM
well, we all know the steelers will be looking for those "under the radar" type of players who aren't expensive...it would be nice if they could find a young pass rush player (OLB / DE). truthfully, i don't see a lot of holes or openings on this roster. but i think colbert/tomlin will be looking for quality depth.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-29-2007, 09:41 PM

Free Agent Tackles

Bedell, Brad UFA Texans
Black, Jordan UFA Chiefs
Bridges, Jeremy UFA Panthers
Britt, Wesley ERFA Patriots
Brooks, Barrett UFA Steelers
Clement, Anthony 9 Jets
Colombo, Marc UFA Cowboys
Davis, Leonard UFA Cardinals
Fordham, Todd UFA Panthers
Gibbons, Ryan ERFA Jaguars
Hunter, Wayne UFA Jaguars
Kooistra, Scott UFA Bengals
Lekkerkerker, Cory ERFA Chargers
Locklear, Sean RFA Seahawks
McCoy, Pat ERFA Eagles
McIntosh, Damion UFA Dolphins
Molinaro, Jim ERFA Redskins
Pashos, Tony UFA Ravens
Saipaia, Blaine RFA Lions
Salaam, Ephraim UFA Texans
Sampson, Kevin RFA Chiefs
Slaughter, Chad UFA Raiders
Starks, Max RFA Steelers
Stinchcomb, Jon RFA Saints
Thomas, William UFA Eagles

Free Agent Guards

Andrews, Stacy RFA Bengals
Bell, Jacob RFA Titans
Berger, Joe ERFA Dolphins
Brown, Jason ERFA Ravens
Brown, Ruben UFA Bears
Cantu, Rolando ERFA Cardinals
Carlisle, Cooper UFA Broncos
Claxton, Ben ERFA Falcons
DeMulling, Rick UFA Lions
Diehl, David UFA Giants
Dielman, Kris UFA Chargers
Dockery, Derrick UFA Redskins
Fonoti, Toniu UFA Dolphins
Goldberg, Adam RFA Rams
Gray, Chris UFA Seahawks
Green, Cornell UFA Buccaneers
Herrera, Anthony RFA Vikings
Holland, Montrae UFA Saints
Hopson, Tyrone UFA Lions
Hulsey, Corey UFA Raiders
Jackson, Scott ERFA Texans
Jordan, Leander UFA Chargers
Kelly, Lewis UFA Giants
Lilja, Ryan RFA Colts
Liwienski, Chris UFA Cardinals
Mahan, Sean UFA Buccaneers
Manuwai, Vince UFA Jaguars
Mayberry, Jermane UFA Saints
Ndukwe, Ikechuku ERFA Ravens
Peters, Scott RFA Panthers
Procter, Cory ERFA Cowboys
Rimpf, Brian RFA Ravens
Ruegamer, Grey UFA Giants
Scott, Jake RFA Colts
Steinbach, Eric UFA Bengals
Steussie, Todd UFA Rams
Terry, Jeb RFA Buccaneers
Whittle, Jason UFA Vikings
Womack, Floyd UFA Seahawks
Wragge, Tony ERFA 49ers
Yates, Billy RFA Patriots

NV STEELERS 723
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I wonder if Ward feels at all guilty for taking up a lot of cap room with his salary.

I think Ward deserves his salary...this guy is a worker, and he's done everything asked of him and more....Safeties, and corners fear him.... and they should.....Hey is Ward gonna break off a 7 yard catch and sprint for 80 yards ?????? Hell no,,,,,, but when its money time and its 3rd and 4 and the game is on the line....Ben is gonna catch Hines for 6 yards, and a first down STEELERS .......

Hines is a great STEELER.... and I'm sure in the coming years he'll do what he has to do ,,,, just like the Bus did....

But for this season ....pay Hines his millions.. he deserves it.

Preacher
01-29-2007, 09:49 PM
I think Ward deserves his salary...this guy is a worker, and he's done everything asked of him and more....Safeties, and corners fear him.... and they should.....Hey is Ward gonna break off a 7 yard catch and sprint for 80 yards ?????? Hell no,,,,,, but when its money time and its 3rd and 4 and the game is on the line....Ben is gonna catch Hines for 6 yards, and a first down STEELERS .......

Hines is a great STEELER.... and I'm sure in the coming years he'll do what he has to do ,,,, just like the Bus did....

But for this season ....pay Hines his millions.. he deserves it.

I don't disagree with you. I was just wondering. At some point, most team players (and hines is a team player) realize that thier salaries directly affect the team.

Preacher
01-29-2007, 09:50 PM
I really don't think we need to go outside the organization for a tackle and guard. When Kemo and Colon were in, they did a very good job. I think they will be our future.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I really don't think we need to go outside the organization for a tackle and guard. When Kemo and Colon were in, they did a very good job. I think they will be our future.

I have said it before Preacher...When Harting retires...move Simmons to center and Kemo to Right guard with Faneca on the left...Colon should push Starks at right tackle.. in my opinion he is more talented..just less experienced

ChronoCross
01-30-2007, 07:32 PM

Why would he feel guilty. He gets paid less then most #1 WR's on any team. He hardly makes more then RandEL who is at best a #3 Slot. Were teams throw money around like it grows from tree's. Steelers finally spent some decent money on Ward, and you ask if he feels guilty. WOW. Ward has earned a decent payday. You going to ask Marvel Smith who is about worthless on the line about his cap hit which is more then Wards. Are what about Aaron Smith who cap hit is bigger then Wards to. Heck here ask Hampton, Faneca while your at it. The only person I would ask for a pay cut out of all them names is Marvel Smith who needs to be cut for being blown up off the line all games long. You have to spend money at sometimes and Ward by far has earned his payday for the heart and play he has put on the field for the black&gold. If you want to ask someone to feel guilty then you should call RandEL and ask him how he robbed the Redskins for what he is not worth.

polamalufan43
01-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Hmmm, I'm not really sure. Definately some younger people on the O-line. Those guys are getting older than the organization itself. Either that or make the current ones lose some weight so they can move faster. Right now I'm concerned with the O-line. A football proverb to back this up... "A fast back can not run if there are no holes..."

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

CantStop85
01-30-2007, 08:49 PM
How about the Bengals franchise Steinbach and trade him straight up for Joey Porter? :bouncy:

Elvis
01-30-2007, 10:49 PM
:tt02:
The Steelers as most of us know will not spend BIG $$ in the FA pool. We usually draft and groom our players into what we want them to be. If we draft an OL early, like 1st round then that means that they are not really overwhelmed with confidence in what we already have. I still believe that LB and CB should be top priorities this offseason.:wave: