PDA

View Full Version : So I was talking to an Eagles fan...

Infamix
01-29-2007, 11:10 AM
and he said the Steelers 5 Superbowl rings don't mean anything, compared to the Eagles "Bowl" win before the merger:dang:. Some fans just don't get it, oh yea and this was after he said the Steelers 05 win was rigged and the rest of their superbowls are too old to be counted.

From my personal experiences, Eagles fans are the least-knowledgable and most annoying fans in the league.

fansince'76
01-29-2007, 11:34 AM
and he said the Steelers 5 Superbowl rings don't mean anything, compared to the Eagles "Bowl" win before the merger:dang:. Some fans just don't get it, oh yea and this was after he said the Steelers 05 win was rigged and the rest of their superbowls are too old to be counted.

From my personal experiences, Eagles fans are the least-knowledgable and most annoying fans in the league.

OK - their NFL Championship win over the Lombardi Packers all the way back in 1960 means something, but our SB wins from the '70s mean nothing because they happened "too long ago." Whatever.

stlrtruck
01-29-2007, 11:59 AM
I think you should take that fan and have him tested for several narcotics and roids!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-29-2007, 12:13 PM
I think you should take that fan and have him tested for several narcotics and roids!

....Oops ..you said "roids"....I thought we were done with that word!!!

memphissteelergirl
01-29-2007, 12:21 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: ...sounds like genius was trying to justify the Iggles' lack of championships by bringing up some obscure stat no one looks at....sigh...it's rather sad, really.

Mosca
01-29-2007, 12:56 PM
It sounds to me like he was trying to tweak you and succeeded.

Tom

SteelerFanInCA
01-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Super Bowl rings don't mean anything? What planet did you say this Eagle's fan was from?

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2007, 05:54 PM
That's one thing I love about Eagles fans. They fail to relize all of their titles happend before 1961. Since then it's been the age of the Pittsburgh Steelers. We've been better for 46 years since that year. And we'll keep being better.

HometownGal
01-29-2007, 06:04 PM

Sounds more like envy to me.

Frankly, I'm sick and damned tired of hearing fans from other teams blindly attempting to demean our dynasty and the 4 SB rings our teams won in the 70's, as well as their incessant whining about last year's SB. Usually, it is a "fan" (and I say that very sarcastically) of a team who hasn't done jack shoot or was a flash in the pan. They want what we have - a top-rate organization which has produced some of the best coached dynamic teams, is the most respected and vastly followed franchise in the NFL and has been since the Steelers first tasted success 32 years ago. To those fans I say - let your frustrations be known to the organizations which you support instead of trying to taint our franchise, our teams and our record-tying 5 SB victories. In the alternative - - please go soak your heads in the loo.

MACH1
01-29-2007, 06:54 PM
The best way to shut them up is to get #6.:tt02: :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
The best way to shut them up is to get #6.:tt02: :tt02:

After that, Philly should do a reality check for themselves.

X-Terminator
01-30-2007, 06:06 AM
:pity: What IS it with fans of teams who haven't done squat? Same thing I said about Cards fans goes for Iggles fans...WIN SOMETHING, THEN TALK!

LarryNJ
01-30-2007, 06:51 AM
From my personal experiences, Eagles fans are the least-knowledgable

That is so true. Most of them know 0, zilch, nothing about any other team. The most common comment about another team or player "oh, they suck" :dang:

Infamix
01-30-2007, 08:13 AM
That is so true. Most of them know 0, zilch, nothing about any other team. The most common comment about another team or player "oh, they suck" :dang:

LOL yeah

and theres also 2 types of Eagles fans...the type that hates Mcnabb and the type that hates Andy Reid

Newzfoxjr
01-30-2007, 08:21 AM
And he said all of this with a straight face?

Infamix
01-30-2007, 10:13 AM
straight as ever...he seriously was saying the 70s dynasty of the Steelers is meaningless, and that the Eagles championship was more important

BOXCAR JOEY
01-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I hope you took that eagle fan by his big fat head and squeezed it till the hot air came out!

silver & black
01-30-2007, 08:20 PM

I have never understood how what was accomplished in the past doesn't count. How can SB wins be too old to count? I have noticed that the only people that routinely discount the past, are people that don't have any past worth mentioning. If the past is irrelevant... why bother to record history?

tony hipchest
01-30-2007, 08:24 PM
I have never understood how what was accomplished in the past doesn't count. How can SB wins be too old to count? I have noticed that the only people that routinely discount the past, are people that don't have any past worth mentioning. If the past is irrelivent... why bother to record history?well the pats have a recent history but even their fans try to erase history. maybe thats because their team sucked so bad back then, and they erased their own history in their minds. typical patfan logic:

"if my teams past doesnt matter, neither does yours"

RoethlisBURGHer
01-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Sounds like all the Browns fans.

We get to talking Super Bowls and they bring up thier four AAFC Championships like it means something to me.

I tell them thier AAFC Championships don't count becase it's a defunct league that no longer exists,and they tell my that the Super Bowls from the 70's don't count because they are so old.I then make the point that that discredits thier NFL Championships because they are older than our Super Bowls.

As far as I am concerned the current Clowns have no connection with the Clowns from thier original creation-1995.They are two different teams,original creation-1995 and 199-present.

stlrtruck
02-01-2007, 08:57 AM
I have never understood how what was accomplished in the past doesn't count. How can SB wins be too old to count? I have noticed that the only people that routinely discount the past, are people that don't have any past worth mentioning. If the past is irrelevant... why bother to record history?

If you want a laugh, take this debate up with the ratbird fans. They talk about history and they want to throw in the Colts history when they were in Baltimore. And if you really want to have fun, start yanking chains and tell them that they can't count the Colts history because that history moved out of town in 1984. Then sit back and watch.

stlrtruck
02-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Sounds like all the Browns fans.

We get to talking Super Bowls and they bring up thier four AAFC Championships like it means something to me.

I tell them thier AAFC Championships don't count becase it's a defunct league that no longer exists,and they tell my that the Super Bowls from the 70's don't count because they are so old.I then make the point that that discredits thier NFL Championships because they are older than our Super Bowls.

As far as I am concerned the current Clowns have no connection with the Clowns from thier original creation-1995.They are two different teams,original creation-1995 and 199-present.

As much as I hate the clowns, they've got the history. The NFL kept that there when the old team moved to Baltimore. You can't blame the fans just because the owner screwed them out of a team. Tell me how a team can sale out every game for years and the owner can't afford to stay there?

But I can see your point, I would just happen to disagree. Now the ratbirds...their history started in 1995 and they have no connection to the Baltimore Colts that now play in Indy.

steelerbackr4life
02-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Ive said it before Eagle fans are for the most part degenerates it is bread into them at a young age. My youngest daughter wore her Big Ben Jersey to school for dress down day Tuesday and was told that the Steelers suck by a supposed Eagle fan in a Peyton Manning Jersey. She went with her normal response and just held up 5 fingers for the 5 Lombardis.
When the brainwashed little degenerate continued to tell her that the Steelers sucked this year and so did Big Ben. She then told him that it was ok, they certainly would be back and that even if they did suck this year Big Ben alone still had more rings than the whole pathetic Eagle Franchise.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

stlrtruck
02-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Ive said it before Eagle fans are for the most part degenerates it is bread into them at a young age. My youngest daughter wore her Big Ben Jersey to school for dress down day Tuesday and was told that the Steelers suck by a supposed Eagle fan in a Peyton Manning Jersey. She went with her normal response and just held up 5 fingers for the 5 Lombardis.
When the brainwashed little degenerate continued to tell her that the Steelers sucked this year and so did Big Ben. She then told him that it was ok, they certainly would be back and that even if they did suck this year Big Ben alone still had more rings than the whole pathetic Eagle Franchise.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

GOD BLESS the little ones!!!!

Buzz05
02-01-2007, 10:30 AM
If you want a laugh, take this debate up with the ratbird fans. They talk about history and they want to throw in the Colts history when they were in Baltimore. And if you really want to have fun, start yanking chains and tell them that they can't count the Colts history because that history moved out of town in 1984. Then sit back and watch.

Oh snap. Thats all ya hear now is how the NFL needs to strip everything from Indy and the references to the Super Bowl prior to this year because they were the Baltimore Colts :blah: :blah: :blah:

I hope the Colts win in a blow out just to rub it in.

And Eagles fans just like to hear themselves talk. Most of them couldnt tell you what the Lombardi Trophy even looks like

stlrtruck
02-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Oh snap. Thats all ya hear now is how the NFL needs to strip everything from Indy and the references to the Super Bowl prior to this year because they were the Baltimore Colts :blah: :blah: :blah:

I hope the Colts win in a blow out just to rub it in.

And Eagles fans just like to hear themselves talk. Most of them couldnt tell you what the Lombardi Trophy even looks like

Buzz, you must be right in the middle of ratbird haven then if you know that much about their incessant rambling about the Baltimore Dolts. Baltimore didn't even support them. You could lower level seats at Memorial Stadium on Game Day....and some how they end up with another team. So goes the NFL.

Buzz05
02-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Buzz, you must be right in the middle of ratbird haven then if you know that much about their incessant rambling about the Baltimore Dolts. Baltimore didn't even support them. You could lower level seats at Memorial Stadium on Game Day....and some how they end up with another team. So goes the NFL.

haha thats awsome. All I hear is how THEIR team was stolen from them and how it was wrong and all this other crap. I dont know much about their history other then that fact they got a Mud-hole stomped in them by the Steelers in the 70's and that is why they hate us. I had several people tell me that the NFL has is out for them and that their is a conspiracy against the city if Baltimore. Not to mention that fact Bob Irsay Colts late owner) litterally has a voodoo doll of him at a bar down here.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-04-2007, 03:47 PM
haha thats awsome. All I hear is how THEIR team was stolen from them and how it was wrong and all this other crap. I dont know much about their history other then that fact they got a Mud-hole stomped in them by the Steelers in the 70's and that is why they hate us. I had several people tell me that the NFL has is out for them and that their is a conspiracy against the city if Baltimore. Not to mention that fact Bob Irsay Colts late owner) litterally has a voodoo doll of him at a bar down here.

And the hypocrites did the same thing to Cleveland,more of a reason to hate the Ravens and thier fans.