PDA

View Full Version : NFL Films on ESPN

lotas
01-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Ok I'm furious, I just caught a little bit of this and it was showing the last Superbowl. Saying things like "Seattle's greatest competitor was the refs" and "Steelers couldn't get anything done so they resorted to gimmicks to score points" as it showed the trick play. Then afterwards it says Pittsburgh stole the superbowl from those who should've won as it showed the Seahawks kneeling.

Has this been talked about before? Have you guys seen this show? I was enraged...it made us sound like cheaters, it was so biased it was unbelievable, they made us sound like little pussies who got lucky. Then the NFL films guy comes on and says "The opinions just expressed are not necessarily those of NFL films"

I mean I've seen individuals give their biased opinions even on shows like Inside the NFL but a recorded, directed, produced ESPN informational show it's ridiculous.

fansince'76
01-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Yep, the refs caused the Seasucks' coaching staff to exhibit Pop Warner-level clock management skills at the end of both halves. The refs also moved the goalposts causing the Seasucks to miss 2 FGs. Never mind the block in the back on Ben on the long INT return that wasn't called, the fumble by Stevens that wasn't called, or the helmet-to-helmet hit on Hines out of bounds that wasn't called. Ignore it.

klick81
01-29-2007, 01:57 PM
I haven't seen it...and from what you say, i'm glad i haven't. ***** cry babies.

Donnie Iris
01-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I haven't seen the show, but it doesn't bother me. People can cry over that game until the day they die, but the Vince Lombardi Trophy will still be at Steelers Headquarters. If people can't accept that that's too bad for them.

83-Steelers-43
01-29-2007, 02:52 PM
I haven't seen the show, but it doesn't bother me. People can cry over that game until the day they die, but the Vince Lombardi Trophy will still be at Steelers Headquarters. If people can't accept that that's too bad for them.

Thank you. :cheers:

lotas
01-29-2007, 03:10 PM
I feel the same way you guys do...I mean I think the Steelers haters just don't understand how special that year was. Unless you followed it game by game, from Week 1, you can't understand how amazing the ride was.

It's not as bad for me hearing it from a person but when its a TV show twisting information and making it sound set up that's ridiculous.

Kermit
01-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Some people just can't admit there's such a thing as a real life storybook ending...

Whatever -- the final score speaks for itself.

MACH1
01-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Yep and the refs are the ones who give up the longest TD run in SB history. Thats one heck of a gimmick play.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Forget the haters,they will always be there.

All the haters in the world can't change the FACT that the PITTSBURGH STEELERS won thier FIFTH SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Even if the NFL came out and said the calls were all wrong,they can't strip us of the Lombardi.

iloveben7
01-29-2007, 04:58 PM

My words exactly!! The Seahawks still could have at least tried to win the game!! The refs were totally against us in the Indy game, but the Steelers still played their butts off and won the game!! The Seahawks are just jealous because we've won 5 Superbowls and they won how many~

NONE!!!

SteelerFan091472
01-29-2007, 07:47 PM
I didn't see the show, but I think it was said in another thread. If they do a retrospective on Super Bowl XL in 20 years or so, you'll probably see an older Mike Holmgren being interviewed and he'll still be whining about the refs stole the game from the Seahawks.

fansince'76
01-29-2007, 07:52 PM
I didn't see the show, but I think it was said in another thread. If they do a retrospective on Super Bowl XL in 20 years or so, you'll probably see an older Mike Holmgren being interviewed and he'll still be whining about the refs stole the game from the Seahawks.

Yep, especially considering that Madden still pisses and moans about the Immaculate Reception almost 35 years later....

Hertzog
01-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Yep, especially considering that Madden still pisses and moans about the Immaculate Reception almost 35 years later....

EXACTLY!!!! And notice too that he was the ringleader in starting the whole "bad officiating" debaucle. It's almost as if the entire football world just decided to let Skip Bayless and John madden do thier thinking for them. At best, the questionable calls were "on the fence" (the holding call and the pushing call). Even the Ben TD was questionable but NOWHERE CLOSE to being an undisputable situation. Regardless, i thinkg most Steeler fans would've preferred a fourth and inches to make the Jerome fairytale all the more exciting when he punched it through that week-arse D-line. You can definitely tell when teams are not used to being in a position to shine.

SteelersWoman
01-31-2007, 03:50 AM
EXACTLY!!!! And notice too that he was the ringleader in starting the whole "bad officiating" debaucle. It's almost as if the entire football world just decided to let Skip Bayless and John madden do thier thinking for them...

Having Madden announce for a Steelers game was like having a wolf guard the hen house.