PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my PSL

rhino
01-31-2007, 02:31 AM
I'm excited - just bought my Steelers PSL on Ebay! I'll be moving back to the Burgh this summer after being away for about 8 years while in the Navy. There is nothing more exciting about the move than knowing I'll be at every Steelers game for the rest of my life!

I just wanted to share this joy with Steelers Nation! :tt02:

stillers4me
01-31-2007, 06:38 AM
Congrats!! Will you adopt me???????????

83-Steelers-43
01-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Welcome back home. Glad to have you back. :cheers:

HometownGal
01-31-2007, 08:49 AM
That's awesome rhino! :thumbsup: Hope to catch ya at one of the Steelers home games. :smile:

Thank you for your service to our country. Here's to a safe journey home. :cheers:

Donnie Iris
01-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Congrats man. I hope you didn't have to break the bank to get it, but coming from Ebay I'm sure you did. Enjoy the games and welcome home. :tt02:

rhino
01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
I actually found a report online that listed what PSL's had sold for over the past two seasons. If the report is accurate, it seems I got a very good deal. My tickets are in section 506 and the average price for sections around there was about 12 - 15k. Mine was "only" 9,300 so I feel like I got a pretty good deal. I actually look at this as an investment in a way as well. I don't think there are many things that are as easily liquidated as a Steelers PSL and it will only increase in value as supply/demand increases when Coach Tomlin leads the Steelers to Super Bowl XLII !

klick81
01-31-2007, 06:59 PM
WOW! Congrats man!

Stlrs4Life
01-31-2007, 08:48 PM
I actually found a report online that listed what PSL's had sold for over the past two seasons. If the report is accurate, it seems I got a very good deal. My tickets are in section 506 and the average price for sections around there was about 12 - 15k. Mine was "only" 9,300 so I feel like I got a pretty good deal. I actually look at this as an investment in a way as well. I don't think there are many things that are as easily liquidated as a Steelers PSL and it will only increase in value as supply/demand increases when Coach Tomlin leads the Steelers to Super Bowl XLII !

Congrats. I have my PSL (Actually they called them SBLs, Stadium Builders License) in 514. And I believe my license was $998. Wow, 12-15k! Unfreakinbelievable.

rhino
01-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Congrats. I have my PSL (Actually they called them SBLs, Stadium Builders License) in 514. And I believe my license was $998. Wow, 12-15k! Unfreakinbelievable.

You think 12-15k is bad - I saw some club seats going for 75k. They were the best seats in the house though - 50 yard line, perfect site line, steelers side. If I only had 65k more I would have snapped them up!

How did you get yours for only 998? Did you win a raffle of some kind when Heinz field was built?

NV STEELERS 723
01-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Rhino , Thank You for your Service....Have fun at the STEELERS games!!!!

Steelers
01-31-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm an idiot, so what does PSL stand for?

Reading over the replies, I'm guessing like PreSeason License to buy tickets or something?

SteelersGirlTN7
01-31-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm an idiot, so what does PSL stand for?

Reading over the replies, I'm guessing like PreSeason License to buy tickets or something?

Personal Seat License, I tihnk

rhino
02-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Personal Seat License, I tihnk

Yep, that's what it is. It gives you the right to buy season tickets until you sell the license or die. And even if you die you can give it to someone in your will.

fansince'76
02-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Question, Rhino - what happens to your seat(s) if you opt not to buy season tickets for whatever reason? Do they go empty all year? Not really sure how the whole PSL thing works. Thanks.

klick81
02-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Question, Rhino - what happens to your seat(s) if you opt not to buy season tickets for whatever reason? Do they go empty all year? Not really sure how the whole PSL thing works. Thanks.

I believe you forfeit your liscense and it's up for grabs for someone on the waiting list. *I think*.

stlrtruck
02-01-2007, 12:40 PM
From my understanding, you have the option to buy the tickets or not. If you don't, then they go back to the pot and are opened up to the season ticket waiting list. I don't believe they can make you forfeit your PSL because you opt not to buy tickets on a specific year but I could be wrong (that has happened before - me being wrong).

Also, for all those PSL owners, remember if you have games you can't make or opt out of...there are plenty of SF members who would love to compensate you for taking those games off your hands (just wondering if this is just a shameless plug for next season's tickets).

Preacher
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM
From my understanding, you have the option to buy the tickets or not. If you don't, then they go back to the pot and are opened up to the season ticket waiting list. I don't believe they can make you forfeit your PSL because you opt not to buy tickets on a specific year but I could be wrong (that has happened before - me being wrong).

Also, for all those PSL owners, remember if you have games you can't make or opt out of...there are plenty of SF members who would love to compensate you for taking those games off your hands (just wondering if this is just a shameless plug for next season's tickets).

Ummmmmmmmmm...

YES!:sofunny:

stlrtruck
02-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Ummmmmmmmmm...

YES!:sofunny:

Kill Joy!!!!!!!!!!!
:sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Yep, that's what it is. It gives you the right to buy season tickets until you sell the license or die. And even if you die you can give it to someone in your will.

..and if you have no one to leave it to...I will be your new best friend!!!:cheers:

Stlrs4Life
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
I believe you forfeit your liscense and it's up for grabs for someone on the waiting list. *I think*.

No, they can not take your seat license away, you just wouldn't get them for that season. They would take your seats and sell them to people on the waiting list, and you would get the chance to buy them the next season.

Stlrs4Life
02-01-2007, 06:03 PM
You think 12-15k is bad - I saw some club seats going for 75k. They were the best seats in the house though - 50 yard line, perfect site line, steelers side. If I only had 65k more I would have snapped them up!

How did you get yours for only 998? Did you win a raffle of some kind when Heinz field was built?

No, no raffle. I was offered 1 seat in lower level but they wanted something like $2000/ SBL and I couldn't afford that. all I wanted was a seat in the stadium and didn't care where I was sitting at.

klick81
02-01-2007, 07:59 PM
No, they can not take your seat license away, you just wouldn't get them for that season. They would take your seats and sell them to people on the waiting list, and you would get the chance to buy them the next season.

Ahhhh. Thanks for clearing that up.

fansince'76
02-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks to everyone for shedding light on this matter for me. So, what I'm gathering you get by buying a PSL is if you opt not to buy season tix for a particular season, your seat(s) go back into the available pool for that season.

However, the person that winds up buying your seat(s) for that season can't claim squatter's rights to your seat(s) for any subsequent season. You will still retain right of first refusal on your seat(s) when it comes to buying season tix for following seasons. That about right?

rhino
02-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks to everyone for shedding light on this matter for me. So, what I'm gathering you get by buying a PSL is if you opt not to buy season tix for a particular season, your seat(s) go back into the available pool for that season.

However, the person that winds up buying your seat(s) for that season can't claim squatter's rights to your seat(s) for any subsequent season. You will still retain right of first refusal on your seat(s) when it comes to buying season tix for following seasons. That about right?

I think that is correct but I have not received all the paperwork with all the rules and regulations from the Steelers yet.

Stlrs4Life
02-01-2007, 09:51 PM

Exactly. But if I were you, I would find a way to purchase the tickets anyway. you can easily sell them in advance before the season starts.

Also to let yas know, the seats in the closed end zone, the Upper Level Bleachers seats are non-license seats. Now if you are a season ticket holder for them seats, and turn down a seasons worth of tickets, they get sold to the next person on the waiting list.

Dirtytowel
10-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know what the waiting list looks like for the PSL's this year?

Bayz101
10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know what the waiting list looks like for the PSL's this year?

Whoa! Talk about ancient, this thread is almost 5 years old!

TailgateMel
10-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Dirtytowel... last think I heard, you could call the Steelers office and tell them your wait list # and they could tell you how far down you are.

They can't tell you how long it will take to get off the waitlist because there is no way to predict how many will forfeit their PSLs

Melanie

steelerchad
10-12-2011, 09:25 PM
The wait list doesn't really exist anymore. It exists, but doesn't move. Nobody and I mean nobody turns back in their PSL's for the Steelers to resale to someone on the wait list. You get nothing back by turning them in and you make 5-10 times your original investment if you sell them on the open market. PSL marketplace, ebay, craigslist are just a few of the places you can get them. But even the double letter corners go for $4k per seat.