PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl IX

sumo
01-31-2007, 04:03 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/SB9C.jpg

Sorry I'm having tech difficulties loading this picture - supposed to be a pic of LC smacking one of Tarkenton's passes ...one of those pics that say 1000 words - I think LC is one of the greats that should be in the HOF - I remember how our defense just thuroughly dominated the Vikings in this SB - with it being SB week, I wanted to post something from the first SB that I remember well...

fansince'76
01-31-2007, 04:13 PM
L.C. could really elevate back in the day, couldn't he? :helmet:

sumo
01-31-2007, 04:34 PM
L.C. could really elevate back in the day, couldn't he? :helmet:

yeah - I like how this pic shows his gold shoes too - I don't remember the official stats from that day - but I think he knocked down at least 4 of Fran's passes and Mean Joe picked one off - so the Defensive line in SBIX was directly responsible for at least five of Tark's incomplete passes...total and complete shutdown of a probowl QB

touchdownward
01-31-2007, 06:45 PM
L.C Greenwood was the man!
Didn't he get fined by the NFL everytime he wore his gold cleats, but said F 'em and wore them anyways?:tt02:

boLT fan
01-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Seeing pictures and hearing stories like this really make me wish I were old enough to have been alive back then.

Godfather
01-31-2007, 08:04 PM
I love pictures of Super Bowl IX because it was played at Tulane Stadium. Shame they tore the place down.

sumo
02-01-2007, 02:16 AM
I love pictures of Super Bowl IX because it was played at Tulane Stadium. Shame they tore the place down.

The stadium and the weather kind of made for a dark-surreal atmosphere - it definetly fit the kind of game it was..

Elvis
02-01-2007, 01:03 PM
The stadium and the weather kind of made for a dark-surreal atmosphere - it definetly fit the kind of game it was..
:tt02: I agree wholeheartedly.. that game was a defensive game til the end..:thumbsup: :wave: