PDA

View Full Version : 2 of Andy Reid's sons in trouble? (drugs/guns)

tony hipchest
02-01-2007, 07:35 PM
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/16599563.htm?source=rss&channel=philly_news

too bad their dad didnt win the sb like bill belichick, or im sure this would gloss over. :rolleyes:

steelerbackr4life
02-01-2007, 08:09 PM
:toofunny: Not too long ago and the first response you would have got would have gone something like this. " Steelers suck and roids and juice I know you are what am I?"

BOXCAR JOEY
02-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Well its two kids that are a product of their environment. philly really is a crap town.

SteelCityMan786
02-01-2007, 08:28 PM
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/16599563.htm?source=rss&channel=philly_news

too bad their dad didnt win the sb like bill belichick, or im sure this would gloss over. :rolleyes:

I guess Andy Reid now has 2 new people with discipline trouble.

PisnNapalm
02-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Both kids are in their 20's. My guess would be that both of them developed their problems while away at college.

Don't blast Andy Reid and his wife for the behavior of their adult offspring. I feel bad for his family and the others involved.

Infamix
02-02-2007, 12:43 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6432308?MSNHPHMA?FSO1&ATT=HCP&GT1=9131

I dislike the Eagles, but Andy Reid has to be disheartened by something like this...

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Also taken from the vehicle were bullets and a blue container "with eight clear baggies w/white residue" and a pharmacy bottle bearing Britt Reid's name and having a "green leafy" substance inside.

Not a good move for Britt not to own an Aquafina bottle that has a secret compartment.

Preacher
02-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Very sad.

But it sure gives credance to what Cowher said. He wants to spend more time with his familly. This is what happens when a father DOESN"T spend more time with his family. The best thing for a child is a mother AND a father who cares for, loves, and adores thier children... While spending time with them.

Who knows what the probelms here are... but in my line of work... the absent father discussion is generally a good place to start when people are looking for answers. Yes. the sons MUST take responsibility. It is THEIR fault. They are the ones that pulled the gun/did the drugs. But I just wonder how much a toll having an NFL head coach as a father took.

Again, I say all that, so that we can filter Cowher's words... And I finish by saying... Good Job Cowher... put your family first. Thank you for behaving like a man should. (no implication to Reid... I am just proud that Cowher put family before job).

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Very sad.

But it sure gives credance to what Cowher said. He wants to spend more time with his familly. This is what happens when a father DOESN"T spend more time with his family. The best thing for a child is a mother AND a father who cares for, loves, and adores thier children... While spending time with them.

Who knows what the probelms here are... but in my line of work... the absent father discussion is generally a good place to start when people are looking for answers. Yes. the sons MUST take responsibility. It is THEIR fault. They are the ones that pulled the gun/did the drugs. But I just wonder how much a toll having an NFL head coach as a father took.

Again, I say all that, so that we can filter Cowher's words... And I finish by saying... Good Job Cowher... put your family first. Thank you for behaving like a man should. (no implication to Reid... I am just proud that Cowher put family before job).

Before we pat Bill on the back, he put his family first after 2 daughters were in college and the third is in high school. His family now appears to come first because Cowher has at least temporarily gotten what he wanted out of his career.

I agree absent fathers can be toxic to proper child rearing. But lots of fathers work long hours in their jobs, not all of them as high powered as HC of the Eagles, and their sons do not act out like this. If anything, two spoiled punks suffering from testosterone poisoning combined with "my Dad is head coach of the Eagles so screw you" syndrome are probably getting what is coming to them, if the rap sheets for prior traffic violations are any indication.

Hard to see Reid having a sit down with his son and saying remember not to leave your drugs in the vehicle if you are going to point a gun at another driver. I feel bad for Reid and his wife, but getting this sort of pub is part of the price for having a job in the public spotlight.

Big D
02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
You have to wonder the effects of being the coaches son or daughter. With the troubles that dungy had with his sons suicide and the legal troubles of the belichicks and now reids. It must be hard being a father when you work 20 hours a day 9 months out of the year.

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
You have to wonder the effects of being the coaches son or daughter. With the troubles that dungy had with his sons suicide and the legal troubles of the belichicks and now reids. It must be hard being a father when you work 20 hours a day 9 months out of the year.

It may be as much the "child of a celebrity" syndrome as much as absent Dad works long hours syndrome. This probably also happens with affluent teens/young men who are children of investment bankers and partners in law firms, but it makes the papers when it is the son of a TV/movie star, politician, or other person in a high profile occupation.

sumo
02-02-2007, 03:43 PM
IMHO, the coaches in the NFL overwork - my coaching experience has been limited to the high school level, so I'm not pretending to be an expert, but I've seen some of the schedules these guys have - ridiculous hours - you could work 24 hours a day at any job if you wanted to ....Spurrier got blasted during his weekly press conference once because the media noticed he was only working about 10 hrs a day - if the number of hours you put in correlates with success, then Gruden should win the SB every year - he's notorious for living at the office ...

Preacher
02-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Here's the thing...

Many Many pastors kids are absolute terrors. Why? Because like doctors, pastors are on call 24/7 The result is that many children and many wives end up being neglected by thier husbands/fathers. I would imagine the same is true with the children of coaches.

And yes... I will pat Cowher on the back.. better late then never. Even if he needs to just shore up his marriage... or give back for a couple of years. Good for him.