PDA

View Full Version : For anyone in New York State...

ThatGuy246
02-02-2007, 01:10 AM
...none other than our own beloved JEROME BETTIS is on CenterStage on YES right now, if you're able to tune in. Trust me, I'd never even click through that channel were it not for a friend who mentioned a rereun of his prior appearance airing tonight.

It seems to be a very open and frank discussion of his childhood and career thus far...might be a very interesting, hour-long interview...

-Deej

ThatGuy246
02-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Apologies for replying to my own post, but I have to admit, this is a great interview. Thus far, Jerome has discussed everything from playing on the street as a young child to his days at Notre Dame and the eventual trade from LA to Pittsburgh.

I'm a Pittsburgh native living in Syracuse, NY myself, but he just gave me a great reminder of my heritage: in his comments about "Pittsburgh falling in love with [him], and [him] falling in love with Pittsburgh," he went into a somewhat lengthy commentary of the city being a blue-collar town that valued substance and character over flashiness.

Honestly, I haven't been a huge fan of his post-retirement work as a commentator, but I have to wonder if his performance isn't a byproduct of having his role scripted. In this interview, he's very poised, confident, and articulate. Though he's clearly playing the part of the humble champion, even in discussions of his fumble in the Conference Championship game, he really is responding and representing himself and our team well.

I think this is the side of The Bus I'd like to see more during telecasts...clearly unscripted, but still very informed and insightful...

slashsteel
02-02-2007, 10:11 AM
If you find a video feed of it be sure to post it. Thank you.

alittlejazzbird
02-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Do a search for "Jerome Bettis" on Google Video, and several excerpts from that interview come up.

There are also two excerpts in the YES Network's Center Stage archives:

http://www.yesnetwork.com/media/archive.jsp?cat=media_main&oid=&y=2006&m=11