PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson questioned by Miami police in murder case

X-Terminator
02-02-2007, 05:19 AM
I thought I'd post this in here, because if I would put it in the NFL forum, it'll just end up here anyway, so I thought I'd save the Mods the trouble :wink02:

Bengals' WR questioned in man's slaying

MIAMI (AP) -- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson was questioned by Miami police regarding an investigation into the shooting death of a man.

Johnson, a Miami native, spoke with detectives Monday at police headquarters, according to The Miami Herald.

"Chad has confirmed to the club that he cooperated with the Miami Police earlier this week as part of an investigation," the team said in a statement released Friday to The Associated Press. "Police have characterized this as a routine procedure and have stressed that Chad is not a suspect or even a person of interest in this case."

Authorities have not said why Johnson was questioned or what connection he may have had in the death of Curtis Tavares Dopson last Friday.

The 27-year-old Dopson was shot near the doorway of a duplex he moved into about four months ago, the newspaper said. No arrests have been made.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_CHAD_JOHNSON_INVESTIGATION?SITE=PAGRE&SECTION=FOOTBALL

stillers4me
02-02-2007, 06:10 AM
I guess it just made sense that if A Bengal was in town, he obviously had something to do with it.........:wink02:

HometownGal
02-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Will Ocho Cinco be #10? Only the shadow knows.....mua ha ha ha ha! Maybe the Bungles can get to a full dozen by draft. :sofunny:

WHO NEXT?

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2007, 08:55 AM
SETTING: a dark basement of the Miami PD ...a single chair illuminated by one stark bright light pointed directly into the face of Mr. Chad Johnson....

A disembodied voice from the shadows asks.....

"Mr. Johnson....Can your explain your relationship with a ......Mr. Ray Lewis....alias Ray-Ray...alias Baby Ray...alias Ray the Knife?...

stlrtruck
02-02-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm just curious if Ray Lewis was in town too?

BOXCAR JOEY
02-02-2007, 09:52 AM
I can see this as an upcomming episode for CSI: MIAMI. Better watch out Mr. Chad Johnson.... Horatio Cane and his team of hip looking science cops are on the case.

Big D
02-02-2007, 10:24 AM
what the hell is wrong with all these athletes. You think that you would stay out of trouble. Damn bengals.

floodcitygirl
02-02-2007, 10:56 AM
I haven't looked to see if this made the paper, but it didn't make the local tv news here....too common of a story around these parts, I guess??? :hunch: LOL!

SteelCityMan786
02-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Looks like the Bengals should get ready to sign the release slip to Chad.

Preacher
02-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Well...

We are all innoncent until proven guilty... unless your a Bengal.

Seriously, If this was a friend of Chad's, and he lost someone to a murder, then my heart goes out to him. It is sad to see someone go like that. However, if Chad had anything to do with it, well... I want him in jail. And for those of you Bengal fans that are about to yell and scream that I wouldn't be saying this if it was a Steeler player, Please go read the old threads abouts Holmes and the domestic abuse. I said that exact same thing.

SteelerFanInCA
02-02-2007, 01:54 PM
I wonder if it was the gold mohawk found at the scene of the crime that prompted the questioning of CJ?

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2007, 02:25 PM
So was Chads answers somewhere along the lines of...

"If you found a car with empty beer bottles....Delthea O'Neal"
"If you found a boat with empty beer bottles...Eric Steagal"
"If you found Weed....Jonathon Joseph"
"If you found a car with empty beer bottles , weed, a gun, and underage females....Chris Henry"

polamalufan43
02-02-2007, 03:37 PM

"If you found a car with empty beer bottles , weed, a gun, and underage females....Chris Henry"

Wow, he's not even a person of interest and he's already ratting out his team/jailmates...:flap:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Preacher
02-02-2007, 03:55 PM
What a horrible situation they have down in Cincinnatti. I would really be ashamed to claim that team as my team.

If that EVER happened to the Steelers. I would be clamouring for the entire team and coaching staff to be fired.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-03-2007, 01:32 AM

LMAO that was good.

I highly doubt CJ was involved in it,I think it's more a case of he either knew the guy that was murdered or knew some people that knew him.If it's either,then he might know of people that wanted the guy dead.

There are 4 Bengal players I don't see getting arrested:

Palmer,CJ,TJ,and RJ.They are rather stand-up people as citizens and are too focused on thier careers to do something to end up in 'cuffs.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-03-2007, 06:08 AM
LMAO that was good.

I highly doubt CJ was involved in it,I think it's more a case of he either knew the guy that was murdered or knew some people that knew him.If it's either,then he might know of people that wanted the guy dead.

There are 4 Bengal players I don't see getting arrested:

Palmer,CJ,TJ,and RJ.They are rather stand-up people as citizens and are too focused on thier careers to do something to end up in 'cuffs.

I dont know...Tj may be one compatible farm animal away from a criminal record.

tony hipchest
02-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I dont know...Tj may be one compatible farm animal away from a criminal record.
yep. lock up the guanacos and llamas, and hide the emus when tj comes around.

polamalufan43
02-03-2007, 01:31 PM
yep. lock up the guanacos and llamas, and hide the emus when tj comes around.

Hahaha.
Well, I don't know. I have a feeling that Chad didn't have anything to do with this case. But he just seems to me to be the kind of guy who might trip up and do something stupid. It's just the way I see his personality. Of course, I don't know him personally and I only see what he acts like on gameday, so I'm not going to go and judge him on that. But he still seems like the kind of guy who would do something stupid.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

CantStop85
02-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Sorry, double post

CantStop85
02-03-2007, 08:21 PM
He was questioned because he knew the victim personally...nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

meanjoecoop
02-03-2007, 09:52 PM
He was questioned because he was seen at the residence of a known felon and drug dealer prior to his murder. Maybe he was just visiting a childhood friend? Maybe he stopped in to buy a small quantity of pot for his personal use in the privacy of his own home. (Which Bengal fans have attested here before is perfectly fine) Maybe Curtis owed Chad some cash or was threatening to out his drug use to the media. Maybe Ocho Cinco put a cap in 'em.

Plus he is a Bengal. You might call it profiling...I call it intelligent police work.

Keep your blinders on CS85. But its only a matter of time before a more prominent Cincy player makes Chris Henry look like a chior boy.

steelerbackr4life
02-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Do you think Ocho does a dance when he scores some weed just like he does when he scores a touchdown?

Preacher
02-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Do you think Ocho does a dance when he scores some weed just like he does when he scores a touchdown?

Doubt it...

He'd get way to tired dancing all the time.

tony hipchest
02-04-2007, 01:33 AM
:chicken: :smoker:

HometownGal
02-04-2007, 09:23 AM

Yeah - but only after he hits the bong and does a round of crack. :chicken: