PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Coach Quote

BOXCAR JOEY
02-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Whats your favorite coaches qoute?

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and confirm it." - Mike Ditka

fansince'76
02-02-2007, 10:05 AM
"We didn't do diddly poo out there. We sucked." - Jim Mora, Sr. :toofunny:

Livinginthe past
02-02-2007, 10:11 AM
(About 2004 Super Bowl halftime show) "We didn't see [it]. We were in the locker room... Nobody kept us abreast of that."

Mr Bill Belichick

PisnNapalm
02-02-2007, 10:41 AM
(About 2004 Super Bowl halftime show) "We didn't see [it]. We were in the locker room... Nobody kept us abreast of that."

Mr Bill Belichick

LOL! :toofunny: I was sitting in my neighbors living room with his family and mine when "nipplegate" happened. We were all just stunned.:jawdrop:

83-Steelers-43
02-02-2007, 10:55 AM
"WAAAHHHHH!!!-WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!-WAH!-WAH!-WAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" - Mike Holmgren (2005)

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Houston Oilers Head Coach Bill Peterson...."You guys line up alphabetically by height."

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
When asked after a loss "what do think about your offense's execution?" Tampa Bay coach John McKay replied, "I'm in favor of it."

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
...and I love this one because it speaks across the years to the prima donas of tadays game.

Knute Rockne....."I don't like to lose, and that isn't so much because it is just a football game, but because defeat means the failure to reach your objective. I don't want a football player who doesn't take defeat to heart, who laughs it off with the thought, 'Oh, well, there's another Saturday.' The trouble in American life today, in business as well as in sports, is that too many people are afraid of competition. The result is that in some circles people have come to sneer at success if it costs hard work and training and sacrifice."

klick81
02-02-2007, 12:48 PM
"WAAAHHHHH!!!-WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!-WAH!-WAH!-WAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" - Mike Holmgren (2005)

LOL...classic!

polamalufan43
02-02-2007, 02:40 PM

You forgot...

"The refs threw the game to them, WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!, we got cheated, WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!, I want my mommy, WHHHHHHAAAAAAAA,"

But honestly,

"The Harder the Conflict, The sweeter the victory,"
~Vince Lombardi.

I think it perfectly describes the 2005 season.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

stlrtruck
02-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Bill Cowher, after the Cinci game -
"When I say who dey, you say WE DEY...who dey....(team in the background...WE DEY)...who dey...(team in the background..WE DEY)!!!

klick81
02-02-2007, 05:41 PM
"When I say who dey, you say WE DEY...who dey....(team in the background...WE DEY)...who dey...(team in the background..WE DEY)!!!

You gotta love the HUUUUUUUUGE smile he had while saying that :tt02:

MACH1
02-02-2007, 05:56 PM
"I didn't know we had to play against the refs too WAAAAAAWAAAAA"- Mike Holmgren (2005)

RoethlisBURGHer
02-03-2007, 12:06 AM
"PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS?!?!?!"-Jim Mora,Sr.That was some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen or heard.

polamalufan43
02-03-2007, 12:41 PM

Don't forget during the parade. I'm beginning to think he throughly enjoyed himself with that one...

P.S. WE DEY!
Actaully, I was waiting for him to jump on the field during a Bengals game and start screaming "Who's Next?", jk jk.

HometownGal
02-04-2007, 08:55 AM
This is my fave...

"I've been waiting a long time. We're taking this baby back home and putting it in the trophy room."

----------------------Bill Cowher

:tt02: :tt02:

LambertIsGod58
02-04-2007, 11:31 AM
My favorite of All-Time and I can not believe no one has used this one yet:

"Life is a journey--and you never arrive".

Chuck Noll - Emperor of the Greatest Dynasty in Sports History (The 1970's Steelers)

sumo
02-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Please see signature - I could listen to Denny say it 100 times ...

stlrtruck
02-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Tony Dungy after winning the Super Bowl...."It's nice being the first African American coach to win the Super Bowl but Lovie and I are devout Christians and I want to thank God!"

I know it's not verbatim but the fact that the man was on the national station and without hesitation gave thanks to GOD, not once but several times!

polamalufan43
02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Tony Dungy after winning the Super Bowl...."It's nice being the first African American coach to win the Super Bowl but Lovie and I are devout Christians and I want to thank God!"

I know it's not verbatim but the fact that the man was on the national station and without hesitation gave thanks to GOD, not once but several times!

Yeah, I feel a little bit better that he did that. Although I still wish they didn't win, it made me smile to hear him say that.

stlrtruck
02-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I feel a little bit better that he did that. Although I still wish they didn't win, it made me smile to hear him say that.

It was probably part of the agreement that Art Rooney made last year when talking to Jesus about it. In my head the conversation may have been something like this:

Art: You know Jesus it's been awhile since the boys in BnG have won a title. I didn't complain when you twisted those AFC-CGs in the favor of the...(pause)...patriots. But don't you think it's time that my family get that 5th trophy?

Jesus: Art, I love you like a brother. I know we've had some disagreements about the way you run my team of angels but you're a good man. I'll tell you what, Cowher is going to get his first Super Bowl title...but next year the Colts are going to win it all.

Art: WHAT! You mean Peyton Manning is going to get to hold up the trophy? Oh this is crazy. But promise me that Tony Dungy will still be the coach?

Jesus: Yes, Tony will still be the coach of the colts.

Art: Ok then, Tony is a good Pittsburgh Prodigy from back in the day of Chuck Noll. I guess I can live with that....ok, I agree!

Jesus: Good then, it will be!

Art: But after that, let my boys play the way they know how. We should've already had the 7th ring by now.

Jesus: Don't get greedy Art!

polamalufan43
02-05-2007, 03:23 PM
It was probably part of the agreement that Art Rooney made last year when talking to Jesus about it. In my head the conversation may have been something like this:

Art: You know Jesus it's been awhile since the boys in BnG have won a title. I didn't complain when you twisted those AFC-CGs in the favor of the...(pause)...patriots. But don't you think it's time that my family get that 5th trophy?

Jesus: Art, I love you like a brother. I know we've had some disagreements about the way you run my team of angels but you're a good man. I'll tell you what, Cowher is going to get his first Super Bowl title...but next year the Colts are going to win it all.

Art: WHAT! You mean Peyton Manning is going to get to hold up the trophy? Oh this is crazy. But promise me that Tony Dungy will still be the coach?

Jesus: Yes, Tony will still be the coach of the colts.

Art: Ok then, Tony is a good Pittsburgh Prodigy from back in the day of Chuck Noll. I guess I can live with that....ok, I agree!

Jesus: Good then, it will be!

Art: But after that, let my boys play the way they know how. We should've already had the 7th ring by now.

Jesus: Don't get greedy Art!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love it :sofunny: :sofunny:

BOXCAR JOEY
02-09-2007, 07:29 AM
" Dude... Something strange is a foot at the Circle K" - Bill S. Preston Esq. (bill & ted's excellent adventure)

i know its a movie qoute but it go with everything.

Steel Pit
02-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Former Cincinnati Bengals Head Coach Sam Wyche griping to an official about the late hit that his QB, Boomer Esiason, had just taken.

"You know, they just hit our quarterback in the head? He's going to live but that is a penalty.

I'll add another. In the early 1990's the Steelers had just upset a powerful Cincinnati Bengals team. While on the elevator, Steelers RB Coach, Dick Hoak, speaking of Sam Wyche says to a reporter, "That's just like Wicky-Wacky, he's got the best talent in the division and he always finds a way to lose."