PDA

View Full Version : What is on your game menu?

Mosca
02-03-2007, 09:05 AM
We're having sausage sandwiches with peppers & onions, bbq'd chicken, pasta salad, & crackers & spinach-artichoke dip. We're not having a big party, just a few friends.

Anyone else?

Tom

tony hipchest
02-03-2007, 11:49 AM
We're having sausage sandwiches with peppers & onions, bbq'd chicken, pasta salad, & crackers & spinach-artichoke dip. We're not having a big party, just a few friends.

Anyone else?

Tomjust the standard. hamburgers, hotdogs, buffalo wings and a big ole bowl of guacamole with chips.

polamalufan43
02-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Pretty much a combonation of the things mentioned above. It was alot better last year though, alot of the food was Steeler themed.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

floodcitygirl
02-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Barbeque, coleslaw, Buffalo chicken dip, artichoke dip, skyline chili dip(A cincy thing that really is good), fruit platter, veggie platter, turtle cake, and I don't know what else yet. :smile:

polamalufan43
02-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Barbeque, coleslaw, Buffalo chicken dip, artichoke dip, skyline chili dip(A cincy thing that really is good), fruit platter, veggie platter, turtle cake, and I don't know what else yet. :smile:

I have to make that turtle cake... I almost forgot that... it sounds really good....:thumbsup:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Stillers43
02-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Chili Lime Chicken Wings, Hot Wings, BBQ Beef sandwiches, BBQ Bourbon Ribs, Chips & Dip, Celery/Carrots & Dip, Cheese,Pepperoni, & Crackers. Of course don't forget the BEER and Jager Bombs!

meanjoecoop
02-03-2007, 04:15 PM

What...no perogies??? :wink02:

floodcitygirl
02-03-2007, 05:12 PM
What...no perogies??? :wink02:If you're making them...I'm eating them! :yummy: :banana:

Stillers43
02-03-2007, 05:29 PM
What...no perogies??? :wink02:

Making me hungry for some!

meanjoecoop
02-03-2007, 07:28 PM
If you're making them...I'm eating them! :yummy: :banana:

Um...the way you've been promoting your godmothers recipe, I would have thought you'd be making them! :wink02:

My Godmother is Ukranian. She taught my Mom and now me to make them. Her's are the best I've ever had. She first boils them and then cooks them in butter (alot of it) and onion. I wouldn't call them soggy, but soft. Once they have been frozen and you fry them in the butter and onion they get a little more crispy but never had them brown. Either way...yum!!!!! My favorites are potato/cheese and kraut. She makes them with cherries, blueberries, etc too.

floodcitygirl
02-03-2007, 09:27 PM
I just finished the cake and am working on the chili......whatta ya want here????....geesh!!!!!!! :flap:

steelerbackr4life
02-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Tomorrow in my driveway for our neighborhood tailgate I am serving. Marinated venison tenderloin, venison cheesesteaks and I am attempting HTG's Cabbage rolls.

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Homemade ravioli.

Italian hoagie ring.

Fried calamari.

Pasta salad.

Meat and cheese tray.

Napoleon's and cannoli's for dessert.

:banana:

HometownGal
02-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Tomorrow in my driveway for our neighborhood tailgate I am serving. Marinated venison tenderloin, venison cheesesteaks and I am attempting HTG's Cabbage rolls.

You'll love 'em steelerbackr! :thumbsup: I'm going to be putting some on soon myself!

Everyone's menus sound delicious! Hope you all enjoy the day and the feasts! :cheers:

steelerbackr4life
02-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Homemade ravioli.

Napoleon's and cannoli's for dessert.

:banana:

Thats it my wife wouldnt make them because of her diet. Im getting canolis now from my favorite bakery! I dont care who is dieting!

Maidenarcher
02-04-2007, 09:07 AM
We're not having a big party, just a few friends getting together. I believe we are having jambalaya, rotel and chips, and who knows what else. I am in charge of making the desserts. I am making mini pecan tassies and mini cheesecakes with a peanut butter cup inside...Finger food desserts!

floodcitygirl
02-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Sounds great everybody! Stay warm and enjoy your day! :thumbsup:

HometownGal
02-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Thought I'd pass along this recipe that I've used in the past for SB get-togethers and birthday parties. It is simple to make and is a huge crowd-pleaser!

Meatball Pops

1 can refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup shredded mozarella cheese
10 meatballs (you can make your own or buy them pre-made)
1/4 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
1-1/2 cup tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray or grease cookie sheet. Separate dough out into 10 biscuits. Press out each biscuit to form a flat circle. Sprinkle each biscuit with cheese, keeping it a little away from the edge of each biscuit. Top with meatball then bring biscuit up around meatball, pinch dough closed. Dip into melted butter, roll in seasoned bread crumbs. Place seam down on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with warm sauce for dipping.

I usually double or triple this recipe as no one can eat just one! :thumbsup:

floodcitygirl
02-04-2007, 10:03 AM
That sounds really good HTG! I'm having a party for my son next weekend. (His black belt promotion.....I'm so proud of him) Anyway, I've been trying to think of what to make. These are going to be on the list. Thanks! :smile:

HometownGal
02-04-2007, 10:09 AM
That sounds really good HTG! I'm having a party for my son next weekend. (His black belt promotion.....I'm so proud of him) Anyway, I've been trying to think of what to make. These are going to be on the list. Thanks! :smile:

Congrats to your son FCG! :cheers: That is indeed an accomplishment to be proud of! Zac is going for his 1st green stripe on his orange belt in TSD on March 3rd. These kids are amazing in what they can do!

Hope everyone enjoys the meatball pops - I'm sure they won't be disappointed! :smile:

83-Steelers-43
02-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Thats it my wife wouldnt make them because of her diet. Im getting canolis now from my favorite bakery! I dont care who is dieting!

She's got a point, those Napoleon's will kill ya. :wink02:

If you make it to Pittsburgh, Paddy Cake bakery (Paddy's) in Bloomfield has excellent cannoli and napoleon.

Eitherway, it's Super Bowl Sunday. What is it without some Italian food? Vince Lombardi would agree I would have to believe. :cheers:

Stillers43
02-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Good cooking! How did everyone else end up?

HometownGal
02-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Good cooking! How did everyone else end up?

Very satisfied, full and tired after all of the cleanup! :sofunny:

Hope everyone enjoyed their SB spreads! :cheers:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Very satisfied, full and tired after all of the cleanup! :sofunny:

Hope everyone enjoyed their SB spreads! :cheers:

I am currently finishing off the strawberry barbecue wings and the taco wings from last night!!!!...(yummy)

memphissteelergirl
02-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I think I gained 3 lbs. just reading this thread...:sofunny:

steelerbackr4life
02-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I am currently finishing off the strawberry barbecue wings and the taco wings from last night!!!!...(yummy)

I just got done finishing off the chili!