PDA

View Full Version : Where to play basketball in South Hills???

Jungle_Juice
02-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey everyone. I'm doubting this, but some of you might remember a few posts from me in the past about being new to Pittsburgh. Yes...I'm from Cincinnati, so hopefully you wont hold that against me. I live in Jefferson Hills with my g/f, who is from Pittsburgh and is a lifelong Steelers fan.

My question for you guys is about basketball. I enjoy playing, but don't really know much about where I can play up here. I'm interested in playing with more people in a 5 on 5 game. There is a YMCA close, but my experience with Y's is that there aren't usually enough people on the court to get a full game going.

Can anyone give me information about open gyms and/or other places that I can play inside.

Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks ahead of time guys.

Mosca
02-03-2007, 11:45 AM
They might have an adult league that plays at Thomas Jefferson in the winter. Otherwise, when I lived in Pgh I used to go to South Park to play. the better players played at the courts down along the main drag (I played at the upper courts). As I remember, some of those guys were really good.

A quick search gives a men's 30 and over bb league at the South Hills JCC; http://www.jccpgh.org/GymSchedSH.asp . Even if you're younger than that, a quick call to "STEPHANIE MUHLEMAN AT 412-278-1975 X. 207 " could probably get you a lead or a phine number to find more info!

Tom

Dynasty
02-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I live around there, and there is a nice court at the jcc. I dont know about being able to get a game going though

Jungle_Juice
02-17-2007, 03:29 PM
I cant really seem to find anything close. The JCC is pretty far from where I live. I live in Jefferson Hills just off of RT 51. I'd like to find a place where open gym's are available, even if I have to pay a few bucks. YMCA's are usually out of the question because there is never an open gym atmosphere that will result in enough people to play a game.

Any guys on here have further info?

I even called Pitt Univ to see if they allow people other than students to get into Peterson Even Center, but they do not...which sucks.

Mosca
02-17-2007, 04:05 PM
How about checking if there's a men's league at TJ? And when I lived there they had weekend games at Pleasant Hills Middle School, but I'm not sure the school's there any more.

Tom