PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porters future

SteelersTilIDie
02-03-2007, 01:45 PM
I am not sure that JOey Porter will be back by 2008. He is getting up there in years and its only downhill from here. That's why the Steelers should look in free agency and the draft.

polamalufan43
02-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure how his future will pan out either. I mean, I don't think it's fair to judge by last season because to put it bluntly, we sucked(ahhhh, felt that one in my soul.)
I think he has maybe three good years left in him, so I guess now would be a good time to draft another LB to take his place eventually. The good thing is Joey might be able to teach the new guy a thing or two while he is still here. At least, I hope he can.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Cape Cod Steel Head
02-03-2007, 03:02 PM
He's gone after next year. The Steelers won't pay what he will want, and quite frankly I think his best days are behind him.

steelerbackr4life
02-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I think Peezy is going to come out and have an incredible year. 1. Because he is playing for a new contract. 2. He is not the type of individual that takes failure well and Im sure if asked he would not try to tell you last season was a success.

NV STEELERS 723
02-03-2007, 03:46 PM
I think Peezy is going to come out and have an incredible year. 1. Because he is playing for a new contract. 2. He is not the type of individual that takes failure well and Im sure if asked he would not try to tell you last season was a success.

I'm just hoping that Peezy keeps his dogs tied up so they can't terrorize the neighborhood...

Yea I know, he sent them back to Bakersfield,CA........but I'm not a Peezy fan...he talks too much crap, and he just needs to shut up and play football....I wonder if Coach Tomlin is worried he'll be kissed by Peezy after a sack:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

polamalufan43
02-03-2007, 04:14 PM
....I wonder if Coach Tomlin is worried he'll be kissed by Peezy after a sack:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

:toofunny:

Well, I doubt that will happen...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Preacher
02-03-2007, 04:45 PM
I..I wonder if Coach Tomlin is worried he'll be kissed by Peezy after a sack:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

We may be looking for a new head coach next year if that happens!!!!

steelerbackr4life
02-03-2007, 04:54 PM
We may be looking for a new head coach next year if that happens!!!!
Dont even think that! :banging:

Dynasty
02-03-2007, 08:03 PM
ugggh... its way too soon for a new one... and unless Peezy has a carreer year, he wont be back

Steeldude
02-03-2007, 08:40 PM
cutting porter before june 1st, 2007 will save the steelers a little over 5 million in cap room. porter offers nothing to justify eating up that much cap room.

he is old, doesn't play the run well, doesn't rush the passer well and chews up too much cap room. the guy has one move to the QB. if the LT doesn't fall down he won't get near the QB.

iloveben7
02-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I hope Joey stays!! I really like him and I think he's a great player!!

NV STEELERS 723
02-04-2007, 01:27 AM

LMAO !:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Steeldude
02-04-2007, 03:34 AM

great compared to who? :smile:

Elvis
02-04-2007, 06:40 AM
He's gone after next year. The Steelers won't pay what he will want, and quite frankly I think his best days are behind him.
:tt02: I'm afraid that I will have to agree with ya on that statement. I have always liked Porter and his enthusiasm, but I think that it is time to find someone else to take his place. Even though I think that we already have his replacement on our team.:helmet:

DACEB
02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
I think alot have forgotten that Porter has been an inspirational leader for this team for many years. That being said, I also believe talk is cheap and he TALKS way to much. As the old saying goes, let yor play do the talking!

In the end I believe it will come down to coach Tomlin and the demeanor he expects this team to display. Porter can still be an asset to this team this upcoming season, after that ???

I think we all agree we need to draft for the future.

Dynasty
02-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Porter is good, but no longer elite. And although this team has lost emotional leaders, at this point Peezy doesn't offer much else, as he isn't a great run stopper or pass-rusher. I think that the Steelers FO will try to negotiate a salary cut with him, and if that doesn't work than I'm gonna say he is gone, especially we have a beastly replacement waiting in the wings. (James Harrison)