PDA

View Full Version : XLI MVP a joke....

The JoKeR
02-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Manning did not deserve to be MVP of that game. I think if the bears won by 70 points, he still would've been voted MVP. I'm sick of all these awards being based off voting by a biased media. Joseph Addai or Dominic Rhodes BOTH deserved that award. At least people like Montana and Rice earned the award in a time when you had to perform exceptionally well to get them.

sumo
02-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Manning's a tool - I hate it when he wins anything...

SteelCityMan786
02-04-2007, 11:16 PM
The Fans also vote for MVP to.

SteelersGirlTN7
02-04-2007, 11:32 PM
The Fans also vote for MVP to.

I think . if ANYONE on the Colts deserved the MVP .. it was Hayden, who got the interception that opened up the game, wide open .. and was smart enough not to step out of bound to get it ..

The Colts did NOT win that game because of Peyton ..

Uggh .. Im an unhappy Superbowl watcher LOL

augustashark
02-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Rhodes gets my vote!

tony hipchest
02-05-2007, 02:04 AM
i predicted addai before the game.

19/77 rush and 10/66 rec.

rhodes had a 1 yd td run in the 2nd quarter. any back they handed off to was gonna get that. i think addai was a bit more valuable in this geme, but both backs were deserving. maybe it was manning checking off pass plays to hand them the ball though? :huh:

PisnNapalm
02-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Part way through the game they were using Addai on almost every play. I said to a friend. "They're gonna get this kid killed using him that much." I felt Addai was the MVP.

Livinginthe past
02-05-2007, 06:58 AM
I thought Bob Sanders had a huge effect on the team - he is the most valuable because he raises the performance of the players who surround him.

1 pick and 1 FF was huge - the hit on Benson was brutal.

That guy is probably the best SS in the NFL.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2007, 09:11 AM
I thought Bob Sanders had a huge effect on the team - he is the most valuable because he raises the performance of the players who surround him.

1 pick and 1 FF was huge - the hit on Benson was brutal.

That guy is probably the best SS in the NFL.

NM

I agree that Sanders is a beast...he reminds me so much of Troy in the way that he cuts people in half when he tackles. When he came back from injury the Colts defense was transformed into a legitimate threat. I dont want to take away from Peyton, because like him or not he is a true field commander....but Sanders was all over the field last night...and an arguement can be made for Addai, who was breaking 7-9 yard runs and keeping the Bears defense honest so that Peyton could throw.

polamalufan43
02-05-2007, 09:13 AM
I think Hayden should have got it. He made the interception, he played great, the end.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

HometownGal
02-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I agree that Sanders is a beast...he reminds me so much of Troy in the way that he cuts people in half when he tackles. When he came back from injury the Colts defense was transformed into a legitimate threat. I dont want to take away from Peyton, because like him or not he is a true field commander....but Sanders was all over the field last night...and an arguement can be made for Addai, who was breaking 7-9 yard runs and keeping the Bears defense honest so that Peyton could throw.

Agreed 100%. :thumbsup:

Personally, I think one of those candy apple red Caddys should have been given to each member of the Colts' D. They made plays when they had to make 'em and after the first quarter, basically shut da Bears down.

memphissteelergirl
02-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Rhodes and Addai should have been co-MVP's IMHO. I think they gave it to Manning solely on popularity and not merit.

sumo
02-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I think Prince deserved it ...

iloveben7
02-05-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm really happy that the Colts won the Superbowl for Tony Dungy!! That's the only reason why I'm happy they won!! Peyton did not deserve to win the MVP award, I thought Addai or Hayden should have won MVP!! Also Peyton was whining the whole game and complaining like he always does!!

Stlrs4Life
02-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Addai should have gotten it, the way he ran against that Defense was pretty good.

Newzfoxjr
02-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Rhodes did better than Addai.

But seriously, Peyton deserved it, based on his game. Like 250 yards, 2 TD's...

Maybe if Rhodes had like 20 more yards and another TD, I could see that, but eh.

And by the way, no offense, I think you guys are being a little biased in the fact that you hate Peyton. O_o

Livinginthe past
02-06-2007, 01:59 AM
Rhodes did better than Addai.

But seriously, Peyton deserved it, based on his game. Like 250 yards, 2 TD's...

Maybe if Rhodes had like 20 more yards and another TD, I could see that, but eh.

And by the way, no offense, I think you guys are being a little biased in the fact that you hate Peyton. O_o

Peyton only threw for 1 TD.

NM

Preacher
02-06-2007, 02:02 AM
There is NO WAY Peyton should have won it.

Yeah, I would have given it to Addai.

Newzfoxjr
02-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Peyton only threw for 1 TD.

NM

Okay, 1 TD. My bad. He still made some key 3rd down passes and responded well under pressure.

And if Peyton hadn't have gotten it, Rhodes should've. Plus, didn't Addai fumble and it led to a touchdown?

Livinginthe past
02-07-2007, 03:00 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/BearsPuzzle.jpg

BLEED BLUE
02-08-2007, 07:33 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Why dont you worry about your one and done QB? You are in for a long year. MANNING for PRO BOWL MVP!!!

Livinginthe past
02-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Doing your rounds of all the forums you ever posted at then, Colts fan?

See you after the next Colts SB win........i'll be sure to remind the grandkids to keep an eye out for you :wink02:

NM

#1LambertFan
05-16-2007, 08:55 AM
The reason why uneducated people vot for him is because the media says hes the best and in our society today people believe everything the media says.

PAMillerGrrl83
05-16-2007, 09:50 PM
OMG why are we goin back into this again it is MAY almost JUNE get over it the SB was in FEB.

fansince'76
05-16-2007, 10:00 PM
OMG why are we goin back into this again it is MAY almost JUNE get over it the SB was in FEB.

It's definitely the offseason when folks resurrect 4-month-old threads.