PDA

View Full Version : eating crow 2 years in a row

tony hipchest
02-05-2007, 02:43 AM
many who said cowher could never win the big one are the same ones who prematurely labeled manning as a choker who would NEVER win the big one. shows what they know.

:footinmou

stillers4me
02-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Manning got lucky 2 weeks ago when the Bears beat the Chargers. That game yesterday would likely have been a real nailbiter if the Chargers had been playing the Colts.........and they just may have beaten Manning and the Colts. I'm very happy for Tony Dungy.......but the whole Peyton Manning thing makes me want to puke.

Elvis
02-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Manning got lucky 2 weeks ago when the Bears beat the Chargers. That game yesterday would likely have been a real nailbiter if the Chargers had been playing the Colts.........and they just may have beaten Manning and the Colts. I'm very happy for Tony Dungy.......but the whole Peyton Manning thing makes me want to puke.
:coffee: Lucky?..hmmm
So, what you really think that the Steelers had last year. We went on a great winning streak to get into the playoffs and thank God we did, but then we didnt have to face Palmer in Cincinnati and then Vanderjack choked, but of course I think that the refs tried thier best last year to give that game to the Colts and they just couldnt pull it off. We had a TD gave to us in the Super Bowl when Big Ben didnt really get in... and I can admit that. But the pass interference against the Seahawks I agree with. The offense gets away with so much junk on the defense its pathetic.. But we are Still Super Bowl XL Champs....:cheer: :helmet: :wave:

Mosca
02-05-2007, 10:24 AM

Wait... the Bears beat the Chargers? I thought they beat the Saints. Pretty badly, actually; by 25 points.

The Colts CAN'T meet the Chargers in the playoffs... they are in the same division.

Tom

Big D
02-05-2007, 10:31 AM
I dont think that manning got them where they are. I think Rhodes and addai won them the game yesterday. Anf the defense got them past the chiefs and ravens. Of course Peyton is going to get all the credit.

boLT fan
02-05-2007, 11:05 AM
The Colts CAN'T meet the Chargers in the playoffs... they are in the same division.

That statement was wrong in so many ways.

Do you mean:
The Colts CAN'T meet the Chargers in the Superbowl... they are in the same conference?

tony hipchest
02-05-2007, 11:09 AM

Do you mean:
The Colts CAN'T meet the Chargers in the Superbowl... they are in the same conference?maybe those who say martyball can never win will have a 3rd plate of crow next year.

Mosca
02-05-2007, 12:29 PM

Do you mean:
The Colts CAN'T meet the Chargers in the Superbowl... they are in the same conference?

LOL, something like that!

tOM

stlrtruck
02-05-2007, 12:41 PM
maybe those who say martyball can never win will have a 3rd plate of crow next year.

How is that going to be possible when the Steelers regain their rightful position in the NFL - ON TOP OF IT!

Stlrs4Life
02-05-2007, 07:01 PM
many who said cowher could never win the big one are the same ones who prematurely labeled manning as a choker who would NEVER win the big one. shows what they know.

I hear ya Tony.

sumo
02-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I precicted the Colts would win the SB on this forum back in November, but I still can't stand Manning - he's a smug little "we had protection problems - I can't play defense" punk ...but I do like Robert Morris, Bob Sanders, and Tony Dungy - if it weren't for Manning, the Colts would be one of the teams I follow...

sumo
02-05-2007, 07:18 PM

Do you mean:

Did this ever get straightened out? - I'm still confused...

stillers4me
02-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Wait... the Bears beat the Chargers? I thought they beat the Saints. Pretty badly, actually; by 25 points.

Tom

Sorry....my bad!!

klick81
02-05-2007, 08:41 PM

I actually have to disagree here. Manning DID choke on their first two play off appearances this year. The Colts' defense miraculously stepped up their game and saved his ass.

Hines0wnz
02-07-2007, 03:08 AM
Wonderful......."the Colts won but Manning still choked" BS. Yada, yada, yada.....