PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite All-Time College Football Player?

Elvis
02-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Now.. I am a BIG college and pro footbball fan.. I love the Miami,FLa Hurricanes in college and I am a Steelers fan in the NFL. My question though for today is... Who is Your Favorite College Football Player of All-Time?
I guess mine has to be QB Ken Dorsey of Miami,Fla
This young man did nothing but win at the U. He only lost 2 games in his career at Miami that in its self is awesome. I had some others and it was a hard choice.. like..Jim Kelly.. Bo Jackson.. Brian Bosworth ... Charlie Ward..
Now, lets hear ya'lls opinions and favorites.. Good Hunting!!:tt02:

Godfather
02-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Hard to pick one. Jerald Sowell, Shaun King, Justin Vincent? Might have to go with Sowell because I got to interview him for the Tulane Hullabaloo.

sumo
02-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Jim McMahon

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
I remember watching Andy Katzenmoyer and thinking..."this guy is going to have a long career in the NFL"....:dang: :dang:

...but man!....he could knock the tattoo off a runningback!!!

jammer699
02-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Anthony Carter

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
02-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Favorite of all time: Linebacker, Derrick Thomas, from the University of Alabama (1985-1988)

Honorable Mention: Jay Barker (Alabama), Bo Jackson (Auburn), and Major Applewhite (Texas)

MACH1
02-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Being a homer in more than one way :smile: Merril Hoge

bcolton82
02-09-2007, 02:08 AM
It's a tie for me... 2 Penn Staters

Ki-Jana Carter .... greatest college RB I have ever seen in person, and I have seen a bunch of good ones!

LaVar Arrington ... two words ... "F***ing Ridiculous" .... the Lavar Leap ... blocking the FG against Pitt as time expired ... knocking punters down on the ground and standing over them .... impact play after impact play after .... :blah: :blah: :blah:

LarryNJ
02-09-2007, 03:40 AM
I was about 12 when a friends dad took me to my first college game. He said Pitt had this great freshman RB name Tony Dorsett. I'll never forget that game or him leading the way to the national Championship 4 years later.

memphissteelergirl
02-09-2007, 03:38 PM
DeAngelo Williams! :bouncy:

daleemnm
02-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Hmmm...Steve Slaton :smile: But from the past i'd say Amos Zereoue.

Fullback&Punter
02-10-2007, 05:27 PM
As a Pitt fan, Dan Marino!!!!!!!

LambertIsGod58
02-11-2007, 07:58 AM
How 'bout Barry Sanders (1986-89)....played his first two years behind Thurman Thomas. 37 TD's his Junior year....If he had played since he was a freshman, he would have broke all the records. Just like he would of in the NFL.

yinzer-inseattle
02-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Hugh Green

Monster DE at Pitt. Wished so much for him to play for the Steelers.

Hines86Ward
02-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Larry Fitzgerald

Others: Maurice Clarrett (before he messed up), Antonio Bryant, Ron Dayne

PhillyBallHawks
03-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Alan Zemaitis
Paul Pozluzny
Larry Fitzgerald
Aaron and Arlen Harris (Downingtown baby!)

Stillers#1
03-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Desmond Howard

MasterOfPuppets
03-16-2007, 01:34 AM
vernon davis,shawn merriman,danny warrful

RIG58
03-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Ruben Brown as a past player. Chris Long as a current player, hope the Steelers think about drafting him next year.

Stainless Steel
03-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Eddie George has to be my favorite.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Lets not forget Antwaan Randle El.... first player in Division I history to pass for 40 career touchdowns and run for 40 career touchdowns.....7,469 passing yards, 3,895 rushing yards, and 86 total TD's

RoethlisBURGHer
03-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Being a Buckeye fan I would love to say Archie Griffin,the only two-time Heisman Trophy winner...however I was not alive when he played.I have seen video,and watching him was just awe-inspiring.

Eddie George was a beast,loved watching him run.

Ted Ginn Jr. was always dynamic no matter what.He caught TD passes,ran back kickoffs (I will always remember the kickoff return agaisnt the damn Gators),and punts too.I remember his TD run against Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl,that was just damn!

Troy Smith was an excellent player.He could throw it 74 yards with accuracy or tuk it down and run it 74 yards for the TD if need be.Forget his height,he's gonna be a star in the NFL,he will make teams regret passing on him (unless the Browns draft him).The Florida game was an anamolie,his o-line couldn't block...not to mention Tressel forgot how to run the ball so it's not like the defense was afraid of Pittman running through a gapping hole.

Anthony Gonzalez was just a great player.He threw blocks,had great hands,had deceptive speed.Kinda reminds me of Hines Ward,only white.

AJ Hawk is one of the best college linebackers ever.All he did was make plays.

Andy Katzenmoyer was a beast,what ever happened to him?Does he still have a spot on the New England roster?

Orlando Pace...all I gotta say is Mr. Pancake.

Craig Krenzel,probally the smartest man to ever play college football.

Maurice Clarett...well,until he bacame a complete dumbass.

Antonio Pittman,this guy was a workhorse as a RB and could have beaten Florida of Tressel would have stuck with him.He'll be a very good back for whatever team drafts him.

And everybody remember this name: Chris "Beanie" Wells.He wears #28 and will be the premeire back to Ohio State with Pittman gone.He'll break records and win a Heisman in his time as a Buckeye.

Elvis
03-19-2007, 01:47 AM
It is ashame that Bo Jackson didnt have a longer career than he had.. he was an awesome specimen of a man wasnt he?
I will Never forget the run against the Seahawks when He (Bo) ran all over the top of Pretty BOY Brian Bosworth..:tt02:
God Bless You All
Elvis

verks36
03-19-2007, 07:05 PM
mine would be Ward. he played running back and quarterback at Georgia

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-19-2007, 07:35 PM
doug flutie

john4psu
04-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Defense - Paul Pusluszny - the game against Ohio State in 2005, he was everywhere. I never saw a linebacker play a better game.

Offense - Tony Dorsett - How many players ever were a legitimate threat to go all the way everytime they touched the football. He was. For those who remember records, he seemed to run in 45 speed when everyone else was at 33 speed.

And I'm not even from Hopewell or Aliquippa, just worked out that way.

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-17-2007, 09:31 AM
I agree. Touchdown Tony was an amazing player to watch. Always a threat to break one.

Elvis
04-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Defense - Paul Pusluszny - the game against Ohio State in 2005, he was everywhere. I never saw a linebacker play a better game.

Offense - Tony Dorsett - How many players ever were a legitimate threat to go all the way everytime they touched the football. He was. For those who remember records, he seemed to run in 45 speed when everyone else was at 33 speed.

And I'm not even from Hopewell or Aliquippa, just worked out that way.
Bo Jackson Could Take It All The Way at Anytime Also... And I am guessing, but I bet Dorsett didnt have the world class speed that Bo did..:tt02:

83-Steelers-43
04-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Tony Dorsett. Dan Marino being a close second.

pittsburghp8baller
04-23-2007, 08:32 AM
mine would have to be Brady Quinn. im a big Notre Dame fan and ive seen every game that he played except for that ND-Wsh game two years ago, which was on my birthday! but when he first came to Notre Dame me and my brother watched his first start against Purdue, he kept getting knocked down play after play and he would get up like nothing happenned after that game i said he would be something special and looked what happened

Stlrs4Life
05-21-2007, 11:05 PM
It's a tie for me... 2 Penn Staters

Ki-Jana Carter .... greatest college RB I have ever seen in person, and I have seen a bunch of good ones!

LaVar Arrington ... two words ... "F***ing Ridiculous" .... the Lavar Leap ... blocking the FG against Pitt as time expired ... knocking punters down on the ground and standing over them .... impact play after impact play after .... :blah: :blah: :blah:

No doubt!

sumo
05-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Can't separate the three I liked

Jim McMahon
Macus Allen
Ronnie Lott

Jeremy
05-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Julius Peppers

Mosca
05-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Here's vote #2 for Hugh Green. It was like watching Joe Greene but college style.

Tom

ben2hines=6
05-23-2007, 12:02 AM
hes in college right now actually......steve slaton from west virginia, this guy is really something to watch live

Crushzilla
05-23-2007, 04:18 AM
hes in college right now actually......steve slaton from west virginia, this guy is really something to watch live

Ugh... not to profile people from WVU, but you can probably watch him live on cops in 4 years, too...

Don't blame me... blame the WVU alum in the NFL (and soon CFL) :flap:

ben2hines=6
05-24-2007, 01:34 AM
[QUOTE][Ugh... not to profile people from WVU, but you can probably watch him live on cops in 4 years, too...

Don't blame me... blame the WVU alum in the NFL (and soon CFL)
/QUOTE]

haha....yea i knew that would come sooner or later....but no this guy has been nothing but a class act since he enrolled there......what pisses me off is that with that pick the cowboys got from the browns i can see him as a top 3 pick next year and i dont want to see the cowboys snag him......the guy ran a 6.0 60 yard dash....i know they run 40's in the nfl but rodriguez had a fastest guy competition cause everyone was bickering who was the fastest on the team with pat white, steve slaton, and darius reynaud....yea the guy is amazing

Buzz05
05-24-2007, 08:40 AM
I got 2 for ya. Ki Jana Carter. The kid was amazing. The Rose Bowl, the first offensive play...gone. He was a monster...until the Bungles drafted him and ruined his career with the torn up ACL. He was all class. He was the reason I became a Nittany Lion fan.

Paul Puz...the guy is all heart. He knows he isnt the fastest but goes all out. He was the motor that made the PSU Defense run.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
07-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Id have to say my favorite college player was either A. J. Hawk or Maurice Clarrett before he had his troubles with the law.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Don't forget Hugh Green.

PisnNapalm
08-15-2007, 02:59 PM
I almost never follow college football. Too many teams and names to remember, but the one guy I did sort of follow was Jerome Bettis at Notre Dame. I nearly fainted when I heard the Rams traded him to us. I knew he was something special.

rog
09-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Kajana Carter the only college players jersey I have ever bought. LaVar is a very close second he was just awsome.