PDA

View Full Version : Should Peyton Manning have won MVP?

SteelersTilIDie
02-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Peyton Manning should definitely not have won MVP. He wasn't even that big of a factor. IT totally should have been Domonic Rhodes, with over 100 yds rushing and a touchdown!

Godfather
02-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I like Addai (140 total yards, wore out the defense for Rhodes, opened up the passing game for Peyton). But that's with purple and gold glasses.

Peyton had a good enough game to justify it--it's usually the winning QB.

polamalufan43
02-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Either him or Hayden. It seems to me that not many people think Manning should have been presented with the MVP honors...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

stlrtruck
02-05-2007, 10:01 AM
He deserved it as about as much as I did.

But at least we can relish in the fact that Hines Ward got a better vehicle last year!!!

tony hipchest
02-05-2007, 11:17 AM
i think it shouldve been addai too. 19 rushes and 10 catches, he definitely set the tone early.

Big D
02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I think there should have been co-mvps. Rhodes and addai.

CantStop85
02-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Eh, either Rhodes or Addai would have been good choices, but the only way Manning doesn't win the MVP is if he throws 5 int's.

PisnNapalm
02-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Ray Didinger made a good point about Manning this morning. He felt Peyton deserved the MVP. He reasoning was that Manning essentially ran the entire offense. He gets info from the sidelines but makes most of the offensive decisions.

The Colts had a good game plan and stuck to it. Manning contributed both in it's execution and play calling.

Personally I think it should have gone to Addai.

Infamix
02-05-2007, 11:55 AM
In Manning's defense, he was the field general. He audibled to the run, he audibled to the pass, and he had a decent game.

ShutDown24
02-05-2007, 12:03 PM
I honestly think it could have gone to almost any opf the starters on the Colts team. They honestly all played up to a Super Bowl level. If your looking for the MVP of game Peyton was a shaky decision even though he had a very good game, it easily could have gone to others. But I think, although its supposed to be the game MVP, teams really look at it as there season MVP. When you look at it that way, Peyton has been an incredible player for nine years and I think the pick while contraversial is justified.

klick81
02-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Addai FTW.

Dynasty
02-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Rex Grossman should have won MVP for the Colts!

Haiku_Dirtt
02-05-2007, 12:54 PM
In Utopia a split MVP would be the RB's but here on Planet NFL I thought Rhodes really snatched VICTORY from the jaws of...well the Jaws of Victory. The Colts weren't going to lose that game although they worked hard early at it.

Rhodes made big runs in big moments which practically redefined who the Colts were. That's an MVP.

Indy_Steelers
02-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Peyton's name was on the trophy before the game even started but he did not deserve it. The press is just slobbering all over his nob. I would have given it to Kelvin Hayden before Peyton because with all the "stats and game managing" the Colts were only up 5 points after 3 quarters. That INT sealed the game and the running game ate up the clock. They got to the Super Bowl in spite of Manning not because of him. On a side note Rivera coached a horrible game on the defensive side for the Bears.