PDA

View Full Version : Best Superbowl XLI Commercial?

Infamix
02-05-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm going with the Rock, Paper, Scissors....that had me and my friend rollin.

Mosca
02-05-2007, 12:40 PM
They all sucked, but the Chevy HHR one sucked the most of all.

Tom

stlrtruck
02-05-2007, 12:42 PM
I like the COMBOS commercial - "Combos what your mom would feed you. IF your mom was a man!"

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Gotta go with the "beard combover"..or the Doritos commercial!!!

PisnNapalm
02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Fist Bump is out.... Face Slap is in. <== Had me laughing...

The Snickers one grossed me out. I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat another one again. *shudders*

floodcitygirl
02-05-2007, 01:05 PM
I liked the mouse one!

boLT fan
02-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Either the rock paper scissors, the slap, the ninja sierra mist one, or the k-fed one.

HometownGal
02-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Fist Bump is out.... Face Slap is in. <== Had me laughing...

The Snickers one grossed me out. I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat another one again. *shudders*

Agreed and agreed. :thumbsup:

I dunno - I wasn't pleased at all with the commercials yesterday, as I have been in the past.

I do have to say, though- Prince did an awesome job during the halftime show. :cheers: He doesn't seem as weird as he once was - marriage and having a few kids must have settled him down. I really enjoyed his performance and finishing the show with one of my all time fave songs, Purple Rain, rocked! :smile:

floodcitygirl
02-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I have never liked Prince and couldn't imagine why they would have chosen him for the show but I have to admit that he did an ok job. I think I liked the light show as much as anything.

Billy Joel, however, I thought really stunk up the National Anthem.

PisnNapalm
02-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Billy Joel, however, I thought really stunk up the National Anthem.

Yup... More than a few notes were way outta tune. He couldn't have made it onto American Idol singing like that.

stlrtruck
02-05-2007, 02:24 PM
But at least he did sing the National Anthem. He didn't add any extra notes or anything like that. I thought he did a good job of it. It's been awhile since I've heard the National ANthem sung like that at the Super Bowl.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-05-2007, 02:32 PM

....yea...complete opposite of what I think they were going for....not only may I not eat another snicker...but I may get uncomforatable if a friend buys one while I'm with them!!!

Not funny....Not cute...Not a good association with food products!

tony hipchest
02-05-2007, 02:57 PM
....yea...complete opposite of what I think they were going for....not only may I not eat another snicker...but I may get uncomforatable if a friend buys one while I'm with them!!!

Not funny....Not cute...Not a good association with food products!yeah, 2 men swapping spit after sucking down a giant peanut filled turd is something i'd expect from a Divine movie, or worse, some disgusting XXX fetish film.

polamalufan43
02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
yeah, 2 men swapping spit after sucking down a giant peanut filled turd is something i'd expect from a Divine movie, or worse, some disgusting XXX fetish film.

I DONT WANNA KNOW!!!

I didn't even see that commercial, and I 'm hoping I don't. Does anyone know a site where you can wacth the commericals again? I found one for last year's but can't seem to find one this year.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

83-Steelers-43
02-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Rock, paper, scissors. That's about it.

stlrtruck
02-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I DONT WANNA KNOW!!!

I didn't even see that commercial, and I 'm hoping I don't. Does anyone know a site where you can wacth the commericals again? I found one for last year's but can't seem to find one this year.

Usually you can see them online (Like one of the major news websites - try msn.com or something like that or you could google them)

polamalufan43
02-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Usually you can see them online (Like one of the major news websites - try msn.com or something like that or you could google them)

Yeah, I tried that and not much came up. There will probably be more tomorrow considering it's only the day after.

Infamix
02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Yeah I agree with EVERYONE who was grossed out by the Snickers commercial. Honestly, they could not have done a better job of getting everyone to stay away from their product.

Stlrs4Life
02-05-2007, 06:56 PM
The Bud Lite Rock, and Blockbusters were the best. Snickers, and Federline were the worst. Rank em here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16566275/?GT1=9033

Cape Cod Steel Head
02-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I DONT WANNA KNOW!!!

~Polamalufan43:tt02:Go to Break.com They have them all.

alittlejazzbird
02-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Man, the ads were lame this year! I'm an animal person, and I know the ad people shamelessly pander to animal lovers....I thought the Blockbuster ad where the rabbit and guinea pig are clicking the real mouse was cute. Likewise the Taco Bell ad where the lions are trying to say "carne" and talking about Ricardo Montalban's accent. But nothing completely cracked me up; just a couple chuckles. I was tickled to hear "You Give a Little Love" from the 1976 movie "Bugsy Malone" (how obscure is that? Anybody else remember it?) used in a Coke commercial, though the commercial itself left me scratching my head.

I still laugh everytime I see the "that referee's a jack***" Budweiser commercial from the 2003 Super Bowl...one of the best in a very long time.

I thought Prince did a great job in the halftime show - like him or not, from my perspective as a professional musician, the guy is monstrously talented.

stillers4me
02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I have never liked Prince and couldn't imagine why they would have chosen him for the show but I have to admit that he did an ok job.

Ah hah!! Caughtcha! :sofunny:

touchdownward
02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
My favorite was the Sierra Mist beard combover one.
As far as the snickers commercial, I thought the idea was to make you hungry, not make you :puke:

Infamix
02-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Oh yea, people who are wondering about the Coke "A LITTLE LOVE" commercial, that's actually ana amazing piece of work. It came out long before the superbowl, though. Has anyone played GTA?? It's supposed to be an imitation of that, but he drinks the coke and starts being nice instead of reckless. The part where he takes someone out of the car is just like GTA, too.

tony hipchest
02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
snickers wont be showing the homophobic turd eating add after protests from gay and lesbian groups.

who didnt see this coming?

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2007, 06:07 PM
In terms of getting the Snickers commercial off the air, whatever it takes!

tony hipchest
02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
someones getting demoted for even approving it. then again i guess it did create alot of buzz and product awareness. kinda like the baby ruth bar in "caddyshack" (dont know if that helped or hurt)

im curious to see if it effects the bottom line any.

sumo
02-06-2007, 06:16 PM
I really liked the brief promo for the Letterman show with Dave and Oprah snuggling on the couch - if you know the history of those two then you would agree....if not, then it probably meant nothing..

floodcitygirl
02-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Ah hah!! Caughtcha! :sofunny:I notice that you conveniently left out the rest of my post. :flap: