PDA

View Full Version : Goodell on the Super Bowl: "The Elements Are Part of the Game"

alittlejazzbird
02-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I was absolutely flabbergasted to read this in an Associated Press article this morning:

"The weather was the worst in Super Bowl history, with steady rain from start to finish, and it suited Dungy and his Colts just fine. When the slick ball forced them to rein in their potent passing game, their defense and running game assumed a championship-caliber share of the load.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell didn?t seem to mind, either.

"'Including the rain, it was a great game, and the elements are part of the game,' Goodell said."

So I take it this means we can expect a Super Bowl at Heinz Field during Goodell's tenure?? Since when have the elements been part of a Super Bowl?

MACH1
02-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah, we'll have one right after Green Bay on the frozen tundra. :dang:

stlrtruck
02-05-2007, 03:24 PM
And don't forget right after the one at Heinz Field will be the one up in New England.

Maybe I know now why Goodell hasn't responded to any of my letters. He's just as bad as the media - just the opposite side of the pendelum!

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Unless you play the game in a dome it might rain - apparently February is what passes for the rainy season in Arizona so it might even rain again next year. Rain is certainly not the same as playing the game with the temparature in the teens in locations that nobody would visit voluntarily in the winter.

My only hope is that the NFL is done rewarding teams that shook down the taxpapyers for a new stadium with a SB and that the days of SBs in such garden spots as Detroit, Jax, and Houston are done, with future SBs in the steady rotation of Miami, New Orleans (OK - it now is Baghdad on the Mississippi but the French Quarter is still a good place to party), and southern California that worked through the golden age of the NFL in the 70s.

boLT fan
02-05-2007, 06:18 PM
This is the first time it's rained EVER and people want it always in a dome now? Seriously people...