PDA

View Full Version : I want Bush in this draft.

SteelerFanInTX210
02-05-2007, 08:56 PM
There isn?t a more powerful running back in this years draft class. Bush is an absolute load to bring down. Not only does he have great size, but he is very strong, and is determined to fight for extra yardage when he hits a defender. What makes Bush standout though, is his speed. He has the ability to hit the corner and reel off big runs. He is a fantastic athlete, and could have played a number of positions at the college level. Bush uses that out of the backfield as a receiver, as he is capable of being a legit threat that has to be accounted for.

Alot of people want us to draft a linebacker in the first round but we can find a quality OLB in later rounds, weve been doing it for years. Lets get this cat.:jammin:

SteelerFanInTX210
02-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Not to mention the one-two punch it would be with Willie.

Newzfoxjr
02-05-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't really think we should be taking chances, we need to get a good talent for a position we need badly.

SteelShooter
02-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Go for it! We need a BRUISER! Tire them with Willie, bruise them with a power back, then let Willie break a few more loooooooong runs!!!

Anthony_Smith27
02-05-2007, 09:41 PM
i would rather have tony hunt, he'd be a perfect compliment to willie

Dynasty
02-05-2007, 10:08 PM
if we decide to draft the guy, we could easily pick him up in the 2nd round

Preacher
02-05-2007, 10:13 PM
if we decide to draft the guy, we could easily pick him up in the 2nd round

Exactly. He is in danger of being labeled "injury prone," and with good reason. Don't waste a first round pick on him. If he slips to us in the second. Get him. Heck, trade a second and third round up to a higher second round to pick him. BUt please, don't waste a first round pick on him.

FastWillieParker39
02-05-2007, 11:01 PM

exactly was I was thinking

He turns 2 yard gains into 8.

Anthony_Smith27
02-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Exactly. He is in danger of being labeled "injury prone," and with good reason. Don't waste a first round pick on him. If he slips to us in the second. Get him. Heck, trade a second and third round up to a higher second round to pick him. BUt please, don't waste a first round pick on him.

actually, we need all our picks, and running back isn't a huge need, now if he falls to where we are in the second, and if there isn't better value then i'd take him or hunt, hunt would be my first choice.....but we still got to focus on defense in the first 2 rounds IMO.

i think hunt could possibly be had in the 3rd, i doubt bush can.

also another option is the dude from rutgers, brian leonard, he's labeled as a full back, but the dude wants to be a running back, and he has the skills and the power to be a great goal line type back, he gets labeled a fullback because i think it's against the law to be a white half back lol (people please take that as a joke and don't get upset.)

Preacher
02-05-2007, 11:29 PM
actually, we need all our picks, and running back isn't a huge need, now if he falls to where we are in the second, and if there isn't better value then i'd take him or hunt, hunt would be my first choice.....but we still got to focus on defense in the first 2 rounds IMO.

i think hunt could possibly be had in the 3rd, i doubt bush can.

also another option is the dude from rutgers, brian leonard, he's labeled as a full back, but the dude wants to be a running back, and he has the skills and the power to be a great goal line type back, he gets labeled a fullback because i think it's against the law to be a white half back lol (people please take that as a joke and don't get upset.)

Actually,

What i was saying (didn't want to repeat it again here.. as I have posted it in a number of places) is that we should pick up either a LB or a CB in the first round draft, then the other of the two in FA. Pick up Bush as the second round choice. Then, we have Kemo and Colon on our line, and they will both do a great job. So we are pretty much taken care of. So from that point, we just pick who is the best player out there. One exception to that, we pick up a tall... fast receiver from a small school and see if they can do it in the bigs.

Steel Pit
02-05-2007, 11:37 PM

As a Penn State fan I TOTALLY agree. Tony "Hunt" playing at "Heinz" field. There may be a conflict of interest.

Anthony_Smith27
02-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Actually,

What i was saying (didn't want to repeat it again here.. as I have posted it in a number of places) is that we should pick up either a LB or a CB in the first round draft, then the other of the two in FA. Pick up Bush as the second round choice. Then, we have Kemo and Colon on our line, and they will both do a great job. So we are pretty much taken care of. So from that point, we just pick who is the best player out there. One exception to that, we pick up a tall... fast receiver from a small school and see if they can do it in the bigs.

i'm not expecting anything out of free agency since we don't have much cap room, and we still need money to sign all our draft picks and a few of our own free agents, so IMO we need to inject some youth in to our defense through the first 2 rounds of the draft, where we are picking in the first and second we can get some studs that can produce almost right away. a running back isn't a true need, willie has proven he is durable and can carry the load, yes it would be great to get him a compliment, but it's not worth getting in the second round when we have bigger needs

i agree that kemo and colon will do great on our oline, heck even starks might be better because now he has colon riding his a$$ and they could bring the best out of eachother

so i think getting hunt in the 3rd would be better, or leonard in the 3rd/4th. as much as i would like bush cause he was a beast before the injury i just don't see the need for a running back that early.

and i think a tall wr is overrated, we have the tall target and his name is heath miller, i hope tomlin will put him in the offense more cause the dude has talent and has the potential to be great

TasmanianTroy271
02-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Yea, we do need another running back to compliment Willie, but i definately don't think it is a need on day one. The guy I want to see us take is Nate Ilaoa out of Hawaii in Round 4. The dude's like a little Bus, but he's a whole lot faster. Actually, I can't say that cause I don't remember the Bus's younger days, but i do know he's fast for being 248 pounds.

Steeldude
02-06-2007, 08:49 AM
need LBs and O-line to be addressed first. bush would do nothing behind the steelers pathetic O-line.

Dynasty
02-06-2007, 01:24 PM
our o-line is nowhere near pathetic... we finished near the top of the league in rushing offense, and near the top of the league in pass offense, we had a pro bowl RB. we had a very good line overall, other than a few games. and although i would like Bush, i would rather have Leonard from Rutgers in the 2nd if available. maybe trade up, but I really like the guy. he is strong and very versatile.

Anthony_Smith27
02-06-2007, 02:00 PM
our o-line is nowhere near pathetic... we finished near the top of the league in rushing offense, and near the top of the league in pass offense, we had a pro bowl RB. we had a very good line overall, other than a few games. and although i would like Bush, i would rather have Leonard from Rutgers in the 2nd if available. maybe trade up, but I really like the guy. he is strong and very versatile.

i agree, our oline looked bad for the most part because at the beginning of the season with all the stuff ben went through he was playing afraid and taking to long to do stuff with the ball so the defense got to him or he threw stupid passes making the oline look bad....the only time they got dominated was when we played the ravens twice. other then that they were decent. also we have players that can do good, however cowher wouldn't allow grimm to make the fixes to make them better cause he was playing favorites, i think we'll be badass with kemo and colon there

i think leonard can be had in the 3rd, and he's not worth trading up for. but i too like him and think he'd do good here backing up willie

Dynasty
02-06-2007, 06:20 PM
he would be a steal in the 3rd, and i think we shouldnt risk the probability of him being taken before our 3rd rounder. He would also be a great 3rd down back, or when dan K retires, then he can take over for him. he would be a monster for us

EDIT:

I got 200 posts!!! w00t!

pittsburgh$teelersfan
02-06-2007, 06:32 PM
How many post do I have

pittsburgh$teelersfan
02-06-2007, 06:33 PM
EDIT WHOOOO I HAVE 200 to

Steeldude
02-09-2007, 07:50 PM

so that's why the C, RG and RT are all open?

simmons and starks were constantly abused last season. thankfully hartings retired his bad knees.

i think you are in the minority group when you say that steelers' O-line was very good overall.

passing offense doesn't necessarily mean the O-line is doing well. take the broncos' game for example. BR threw for 433 yards, but was constantly getting hit and harrassed. i won't mention the ravens' games :smile:

The Duke
02-09-2007, 08:02 PM
The way I see it our o line was great in the past, but it's getting a little old, drafting a good line man or two for the future would be great.

tony hipchest
02-09-2007, 08:32 PM
The way I see it our o line was great in the past, but it's getting a little old, drafting a good line man or two for the future would be great.the steelers have been drafting linemen for the future. i believe the steelers had c. kemoeatu ranked as the #2 guard on their board when he was drafted (he had anger management concerns that caused him to fall). willie colon was all the rave in camp. trai essex was supposed to be able to produce, and okolbi was given a nice extension. maybe the steelers have just waited an extra year too long to give these guys a chance.

then again oliver ross and kedrick vincent havent exactly lit it up since signing elsewhere.

(leonard from rutgers seems to be that steelers type player as far as rb is concerned)

Preacher
02-09-2007, 08:50 PM
the steelers have been drafting linemen for the future. i believe the steelers had c. kemoeatu ranked as the #2 guard on their board when he was drafted (he had anger management concerns that caused him to fall). willie colon was all the rave in camp. trai essex was supposed to be able to produce, and okolbi was given a nice extension. maybe the steelers have just waited an extra year too long to give these guys a chance.

then again oliver ross and kedrick vincent havent exactly lit it up since signing elsewhere.

(leonard from rutgers seems to be that steelers type player as far as rb is concerned)

I agree, we look to be set in the line. Just a simple switch of first and second string players may actually be what we need on teh right side.

I also do not think RB is our biggest need. Sure, it would be nice to pick up someone to help carry the load, Davenport may or may not be able to, we don't know yet. However, We REALLY need to focus on the LB's and CB's. I keep reading where people think we are fine at CB. :jawdrop: Sadly, I think if we don't do anything at CB this year, our defense will end up looking more like the Bengals then the D that we were known for. So I say, draft a CB or LB. Then, go to FA for the other.

Yeah, I know, cap room. However, with Hartings retiring, with starters being rotated back to bench warmers or cut... I am SURE we can finagle a new deal with some of our players or outright cut them to go get what we need.

steelegg
02-12-2007, 06:41 PM
if bush is around in round 2, i would certainly hope they don't pass him up, the guy is a beast with the ole injury stock drop (heath miller)

Dylan
02-14-2007, 01:27 PM
I would like to get Bush also, but in the 2nd round if we do. If Bush is taken by the time our pick comes, we could get Penn State's Tony Hunt who is 6'2 idk how much he ways. Coach paterno said he is the best all-around running back he has ever coached. That is quite a compliment with Penn State having Franco Harris, Larry Johnson, and Ki-Jani Carter on the teams. Hunt also got the MVP honors in the senior bowl, he proved he can run against anybody. Hunt would be a great pick in the 2nd round.

:tt02: