PDA

View Full Version : the greatest fans in the world?

Indy_Steelers
02-06-2007, 12:24 AM
"It sure feels good to be back in this Dome after playing in that weather last night," shouted Peyton Manning. "On behalf of the players, we want to thank the greatest fans in the world."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070206/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_super_bowl_colts_parade

250,000 people show up to see the Steelers after their SB victory in an area of 2.3 million and 40,000 for the Colts in an area of 2 million people. Who has the greatest fans? We also had 80% of the stadium in Detroit for SB XL.

augustashark
02-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Peyton missed it by about 6hrs East on I 70!

Preacher
02-06-2007, 01:37 AM
the team with the best fans beat the colts last year.

touchdownward
02-06-2007, 07:32 AM
There's no nation like the Steeler's Nation!

I took off work last year to watch the celebration on ESPN2 and remember the commentator saying, nobody's at work, nobody's in school, nobody's at home, they're ALL here.
Man, I bet it was incredible to be there.
:tt02:

purplepenguin
02-06-2007, 08:25 AM
I am suffering horribly here in Indianapolis surrounded by all these "diehard" Colts fans. They drive me crazy. They have no idea!!! The true test for these "diehards" will be when the Colts have their next losing season...we'll see how many of them stay true to the Blue!

klick81
02-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I remember about half of them jumping ship last year when we spanked them and made them our bitches!

polamalufan43
02-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Let's see. Which fans came close and didn't care if they lost their jobs for attending a parade? Which fans stayed around even though their team was losing? Who is still dey?

Oh yeah.... that was a no brainer.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

floodcitygirl
02-06-2007, 03:57 PM
I am suffering horribly here in Indianapolis surrounded by all these "diehard" Colts fans. They drive me crazy. They have no idea!!! The true test for these "diehards" will be when the Colts have their next losing season...we'll see how many of them stay true to the Blue!

:tt02:Console yourself with the fact that at least they have a legit reason to celebrate this year. I live in Cincy.....they get all puffed up and mouthy when their big claim to fame is if they happen to pull out a win against the Steelers........it is their super bowl, ya know?! :wink02:

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Well, I wouldn't have expected him to say "On behalf of the players, we want to thank the worst fans in the world.".

On that note, we all know and they all know what Fords Field looked like on February 5 of last year. That's all that matters to me.

RoethlisBURGHer
02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, I wouldn't have expected him to say "On behalf of the players, we want to thank the worst fans in the world."

To every player,his team's fans are the greatest fans in the world.

steelpinstripe72
02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
There's no nation like the Steeler's Nation!

I took off work last year to watch the celebration on ESPN2 and remember the commentator saying, nobody's at work, nobody's in school, nobody's at home, they're ALL here.
Man, I bet it was incredible to be there.

The parade was on TV last year??? :banging: How the hell did I miss that? :(

Preacher
02-09-2007, 12:27 AM
The parade was on TV last year??? :banging: How the hell did I miss that? :(

I saw it!!

Man it was great!

1fastprototype
02-09-2007, 02:22 AM
I just came back from a business trip with a big bears fan. I was wearing my leather Steelers jacket with the five super bowls listed on it and every where we went we ran into more Steelers fans giving me high fives and thumbs up making complements on my nice jacket. We traveled thru California and Arizona. With no remarks on his Chicago jacket he said I would never believe the fans if I didn't see it with my own eyes.
Then Monday we return in Chicago Ohare airport and would ya know we share the same carousel to get luggage with the flight returning from Miami with all the people with long faces wearing there XLI jackets and hats. Two guys standing beside me just stare at my jacket then one says ya just rub it in and the other says Steelers were nothin this year.
I replied I am a true fan and by the looks of this crowd all I see is people on the band wagon. He says elaborate. I ask do you see all these ZLI coats, shirts, hats and seat cushions. I stayed at the super bowl last year in Detroit until 2:30 in the morning partying and then made the 5 hour drive in my motor home back to Chicago, called my wife at 30 minutes away and said I will take you to breakfast. We went to the crackerbarrel 2 miles from the house and I walked into the restuarantwith out changing clothes.
I was wearing a Jack Lambert jersey over my old frayed hooded Steelers swearshit with a 1977 Terrible Towl hanging from my belt loop. And when I was at the game you wouldn't pick me out from 80,000 others that had items on that were not bought the day they arrived.
The first guy said now that is cool I wish our city had fans like that and were part of it.
I replied I rest my case and I just retired my jacket with the four superbowls on it that looks like it is forty years old.

stlrtruck
02-09-2007, 08:03 AM
That's an awesome story!!

Hopefully you don't go out and buy a new leather jacket - you'll only have to replace in the coming years!!!