PDA

View Full Version : You know whats really funny.......

FastWillieParker39
02-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I know this has been beaten to a dead horse

BUT

people STILL complaining about last years SB calls!

It gets really annoying because of everytime someone says Steelers won the SB last year, some idiot has to say "oh the Seahawks got robbed."

The calls werent even that bad either.

ANYBODY WHO FEELS THAT THE CALLS WERE BAD READ THIS.

The PI call was defiantly legit, I cant believe people think otherwise. He clearly pushes Hope back with his one hand creating seperation.

Bens TD........really really look at it hard you can see that the nip of the ball barely got in. Even if he doesnt get it its 4th down and like an inch they could have easily punched it in.

The holding call on Haggans was a hold even the Seahawk announcers said that. He put the clamps on him otherwise he would have sacked Hasselback.

Not only that the Seahawks had plenty of chance to score.

I know this is ancient history but its getting on my nerves for the past year now.

Anthony_Smith27
02-06-2007, 12:57 AM
yeah, most of the calls were legit, however they were ticky tack calls. but hey, who cares the steelers won so who cares what the haters think??? they all just jealous, and if it was the other way around they would be saying what we say

BOXCAR JOEY
02-06-2007, 09:17 AM
yea it is like kickin a dead horse. i still say that wasn't the worst called game of football i have ever seen. the 2006 metuchen hs vs florence hs play off game was way worse with a helluva lot of bad calls. honestly how can you rule incomplete pass when the reciever completes, and runs for 20 yards then get forced out of bounds?

memphissteelergirl
02-06-2007, 09:53 AM
It's not funny at all....it's pathetic. Complaints made by pathetic, bitter people. And frankly I don't have any empathy for them at all. They need to just STHU and move on.

Livinginthe past
02-06-2007, 10:01 AM
You know whats just as boring?

Steeler fans moaning about the moaning.

Enough already.

NM

PisnNapalm
02-06-2007, 10:07 AM

Enough already.

NM

Amen....

Anthony_Smith27
02-06-2007, 02:10 PM

Enough already.

NM

so now, steeler fans on a steeler board can no longer complain because you a pats fan says we can't??? is the mod duties getting to your head??? this is a steelers board, steeler fans should be allowed to talk about whatever they want.

polamalufan43
02-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Relax AS27. Just because he's a Pats fans doesn't mean he's getting power hungry....

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

fansince'76
02-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I got so fed up with it that I stopped dignifying the complaints with a response. You can't change the minds of alot of people who didn't even realize they had a football team until a month before that game, much less knowing the rules. Just ignore it.

FastWillieParker39
02-07-2007, 08:36 PM

Enough already.

NM

hey I was just saying how i was fed up with it and wanted to know if anyone else feels this way

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2007, 08:49 PM

Enough already.

NM

Like Pats fans don't get touchy about the Tuck rule? I'm not saying you LITP but some Pats fans I talk to on message boards freak out whenever thats brought up. Plus that was five years ago. But anyway as for the Seahawks. They won't let it down. During Super Bowl week on NFL Network Matt Hasselback told Hines Ward his Super Bowl ring was ugly. Talk about sour grapes.

Preacher
02-07-2007, 08:49 PM
hey I was just saying how i was fed up with it and wanted to know if anyone else feels this way

Yeah, until I had a friend over... and I stopped the tivo.. got a piece of paper, and put it on the goal line. Then, I showed him part of the football that was sticking out on the other side of the paper.

After that... when he agreed, I never felt the need to worry about it again.

FastWillieParker39
02-07-2007, 08:52 PM
yea just keep looking at it and looking at it and shows that the nip of the ball got past BARELY

Livinginthe past
02-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Like Pats fans don't get touchy about the Tuck rule? I'm not saying you LITP but some Pats fans I talk to on message boards freak out whenever thats brought up. Plus that was five years ago. But anyway as for the Seahawks. They won't let it down. During Super Bowl week on NFL Network Matt Hasselback told Hines Ward his Super Bowl ring was ugly. Talk about sour grapes.

At the Patriots board I post on, I can guarantee you that the 'tuck rule' has not been raised as subject (by a Patriots fan) in the last couple of years - much less to whine about Raider fans crying about it.

And even if it was, i'd hold the same opinion.

That particular subject is only brought up by people who think it was a bad call..

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2007, 10:48 PM
At the Patriots board I post on, I can guarantee you that the 'tuck rule' has not been raised as subject (by a Patriots fan) in the last couple of years - much less to whine about Raider fans crying about it.

And even if it was, i'd hold the same opinion.

That particular subject is only brought up by people who think it was a bad call..

NM

Well I don't post on Pats boards. But I ran into a few on various other message boards that get touchy about it. I really don't care if they do or not. Like I don't care if Steelers fans still complain about the Seahawks whining. People can do what they want. But just saying from me own experiences on message boards that Steelers fans are not alone in their whining.

But I guess Pats fans are to classy to whine?:toofunny: Yea right.lol

stillers4me
02-07-2007, 11:04 PM
I just tell them to kiss my Lombardi.

Livinginthe past
02-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Well I don't post on Pats boards. But I ran into a few on various other message boards that get touchy about it. I really don't care if they do or not. Like I don't care if Steelers fans still complain about the Seahawks whining. People can do what they want. But just saying from me own experiences on message boards that Steelers fans are not alone in their whining.

But I guess Pats fans are to classy to whine?:toofunny: Yea right.lol

Eureka :wink02:

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Eureka :wink02:

NM

? Care to explain I'm just a whining Steelers fan.

Livinginthe past
02-07-2007, 11:15 PM
? Care to explain I'm just a whining Steelers fan.

The bit I highlighted from your post.

Pats fans are to classy to whine

I was just saying......you hit the nail on the head.....in a tongue in cheek type way :wink02:

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2007, 11:16 PM

I was just saying......you hit the nail on the head.....in a tongue in cheek type way :wink02:

NM

Ok, I hope you know I'm just joking around and not serious. Its the off-season. We have time to kill.

Livinginthe past
02-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Ok, I hope you know I'm just joking around and not serious. Its the off-season. We have time to kill.

Of course!

When that freakin' draft gonna get here?

At least the window is now officially open to designate Franchise and Transition players....oh and the ProBowl is coming up.

Ok......so at least the Franchise tags could be interesting :sofunny:

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Of course!

When that freakin' draft gonna get here?

At least the window is now officially open to designate Franchise and Transition players....oh and the ProBowl is coming up.

Ok......so at least the Franchise tags could be interesting :sofunny:

NM

I think the draft is April 28. I might be a day off. As for the franchise tags. I don't think the Steelers have anybody worthy of the franchise tag among their UFA. But the Steelers really never use the franchise tag anyway. I think the last player to be tagged by the Steelers was Carnell Lake. I might be wrong on that but I think that was the last one.

As for the Pro Bowl. I don't watch it and don't care about it. I do care about who makes the team but I have no interest in the game itself.

Livinginthe past
02-07-2007, 11:45 PM
I think the draft is April 28. I might be a day off. As for the franchise tags. I don't think the Steelers have anybody worthy of the franchise tag among their UFA. But the Steelers really never use the franchise tag anyway. I think the last player to be tagged by the Steelers was Carnell Lake. I might be wrong on that but I think that was the last one.

As for the Pro Bowl. I don't watch it and don't care about it. I do care about who makes the team but I have no interest in the game itself.

Yep, the draft is on the 28/29th.

To be honest, its nice for a young player to make the Probowl....once...after that its just a case of hype and publicity over achievement.

Roll on the 28th.........

NM

tony hipchest
02-07-2007, 11:58 PM

NMif a patfan did so happen to want to post on the subject (on the patriots board you post on) how many raider or steelerfan mods are there to tell them to shut the f' up already?

doggfather69
02-08-2007, 07:13 AM

Enough already.

NM

I know I don't post here much, spend most of my time on the nation. Why in the hell is a pats fan a mod on a Steelers board? WOW

MattyD.
02-08-2007, 07:34 AM
-I've been a Steelers fan since 1973. To this day I only bleed black & gold. The only "bad" call I saw during the SB was that low block call against Hasselbeck. That should have not been called. He went for the ball carrier not a lead blocker. A lead blocker was no where in sight.

L8R,
Matt D.

Livinginthe past
02-08-2007, 07:34 AM
I know I don't post here much, spend most of my time on the nation. Why in the hell is a pats fan a mod on a Steelers board? WOW

Shhhhh.

Believe it or not, this subject hasn't actually been raised yet - you are the first one to notice it despite hardly ever posting here.

Amazing huh? :sofunny:

NM

stlrtruck
02-08-2007, 07:52 AM

NM

You've got to be careful when reading LITP's posts. He's got that New England sense of humor.

And yes LITP, I have the right to talk about NE humor as my mother is from that area. Thank God we didn't stay there!! I could have been a patriots fan! :sofunny:

stlrtruck
02-08-2007, 07:53 AM

Because secretly he is a card carrying, towel waving :tt02:, cheering :cheer: STEELERS FAN!! :chicken: :banana:

touchdownward
02-08-2007, 07:56 AM
:yawn:
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=14720

Regardless of his "awful" affiliation :smile: , LITP is a damn good Mod.

CT_STEELERFAN
02-08-2007, 08:28 AM
You know what even more lame than that? Hearing 103.7 FM from Massachusetts weeks after the Patriots blew their season and the sports talk guys WHINING and disecting every friggin' play from the Colts game. The locals calling in and saying how great they are and not beleiving the season is over...that is entertaining though.
"GAWD that was Wicked Awful, Tawmm Bwaddy!" YUK! -Patriot Fans -especially the fair weather ones that only come out come playoff time.

Livinginthe past
02-08-2007, 08:31 AM
You know what even more lame than that? Hearing 103.7 FM from Massachusetts weeks after the Patriots blew their season and the sports talk guys WHINING and disecting every friggin' play from the Colts game. The locals calling in and saying how great they are and not beleiving the season is over...that is entertaining though.
"GAWD that was Wicked Awful, Tawmm Bwaddy!" YUK! -Patriot Fans -especially the fair weather ones that only come out come playoff time.

Agreed.

Whining sports fans, no matter what their team, are hugely annoying.

The ones that only turn up at playoff time are the ones who expect to win the SB every year, no wonder they spend so much time disappointed.

NM

CT_STEELERFAN
02-08-2007, 08:36 AM
That being said, as a respectful fan of the game, I do appreciate a hardcore longtime fan who sticks it out through thick and thin- Like had to in the 80' and 90-' :dang:

I have a couple of close buddies who are die hard Pat's Fans and we get along just fine because we know how much it sucks to experience the anguish of a bad season ...or ten....:helmet:

Livinginthe past
02-08-2007, 08:57 AM
That being said, as a respectful fan of the game, I do appreciate a hardcore longtime fan who sticks it out through thick and thin- Like had to in the 80' and 90-' :dang:

I have a couple of close buddies who are die hard Pat's Fans and we get along just fine because we know how much it sucks to experience the anguish of a bad season ...or ten....:helmet:

I think its those terrible seasons that help define the successful ones.

You only have to read some of the BS on the Patriots forum to see that some of them are totally bandwagon.

When we dont bring the ring home they start scapegaoting everyone and anyone - McDaniels (OC) can't play call, Belichick let too many good players go...etc etc

I can honestly say I am still pleasantly surprised by how good we have become recently, but im still grateful for every win - even when we struggle to get past teams like the Lions.

NM