PDA

View Full Version : Thousands of Fans Welcome Indy Home

alittlejazzbird
02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
That city wins its first professional sports championship in more than 30 years, the "victory parade" doesn't even start until after 4pm on a workday (so no one has to call in sick, though I'll bet plenty of them did), and they're allowed to celebrate inside the RCA Dome where it's warm, and they only manage around 50,000 fans (estimates are between 40-50,000)?????

Indianapolis' city population - about 783,000

Pittsburgh's city population - about 330,000

Wasn't it just a year ago today.....a QUARTER MILLION Steeler fans jammed downtown Pittsburgh on a frigid cold day (in the snow!) to welcome the World Champs home?

Are we the best fans in the universe or what? :tt02:

PisnNapalm
02-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Well... Their high temp for today is 18 degrees with below 0 wind chills. Personally, I'd be grateful to celebrate inside the dome.

However... 50K fans to celebrate is kind of... weak.:jerkit:

stlrtruck
02-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Guys, guys, guys....stop the comparison..

I mean really you're comparing apples to oranges!

The world, nah - the universe, knows that we are the best football fans!!!

polamalufan43
02-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Guys, guys, guys....stop the comparison..

I mean really you're comparing apples to oranges!

The world, nah - the universe, knows that we are the best football fans!!!

Yeah, I mean, we are willing to get frostbite and lose our jobs to go to the parade and see Troy jumping out of a van and seeing the Bus with the trophy, and seeing/hearing Cowher scream We Dey so many times that the Bungals want an arrest warrant.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest
02-06-2007, 03:15 PM
indy is a basketball town anyways, or racing. its kinda like the red sox were a much bigger deal winning it all than the patriots. id rather see a paltry 50,000 in indy than to hear about duck boats or watch robert kraft try to get jiggy with it anyways.