PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young in the Pro-Bowl

tony hipchest
02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
taking over p. rivers roster spot he is the 1st rookie qb to make it since dan marino. :huh:

now i see where big ben has the extra few days in L.A. doing "the best damn sports show period"

Big D
02-07-2007, 09:01 AM
taking over p. rivers roster spot he is the 1st rookie qb to make it since dan marino. :huh:

now i see where big ben has the extra few days in L.A. doing "the best damn sports show period"

someone should seriously tell me how the hell you get to the pro bowl with a 66 qb rating. What a joke.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2007, 09:30 AM
someone should seriously tell me how the hell you get to the pro bowl with a 66 qb rating. What a joke.

1) The same way that Larry Allen made the pro bowl for years without production....It has became a popularity contest based on name recognition.

2) Because noone wants to go to the Pro Bowl anymore...they need to bring it back to the continental states so that deserving players will have an incitive to go to a PACKED stadium and promote themselves with the common (and largest majority) of fans!!!

Big D
02-07-2007, 09:31 AM
1) The same way that Larry Allen made the pro bowl for years without production....It has became a popularity contest based on name recognition.

2) Because noone wants to go to the Pro Bowl anymore...they need to bring it back to the continental states so that deserving players will have an incitive to go to a PACKED stadium and promote themselves with the common (and largest majority) of fans!!!

I do understand that rivers is hurt and supposedly brady withdrew his name because of injury as well. But why not let Pennington or mcnair in. It's a joke.

Haiku_Dirtt
02-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I would be puzzled but then I glossed over the NFC and found someone named Romo at QB. :jerkit:

boLT fan
02-07-2007, 05:13 PM

The draw for players and the pro bowl is the fact that it's a vacation, not that they play in a packed stadium. And besides, not many people skip it other than Tom Brady.

NV STEELERS 723
02-07-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't want Ben to play in it....knowing his luck he'd get hurt!

JBucc
02-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Damon Huard should go!

Hines0wnz
02-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I do understand that rivers is hurt and supposedly brady withdrew his name because of injury as well. But why not let Pennington or mcnair in. It's a joke.

Awwwww........his pride is still bleeding?

Big D
02-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Awwwww........his pride is still bleeding?

no but his... nevermind.

Hines0wnz
02-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Damon Huard should go!

I voted for him! :flap:

Preacher
02-09-2007, 02:39 AM
I gave up on Pro-bowls... All-star games... etc. when fans starting voting. It is just a popularity contest.

Let the coaches vote. Let the players vote. Let previous NFL players (to a certain degree) vote. They REALLY know what the game is about... more then you or I would EVER know.

klick81
02-09-2007, 10:46 AM
This is ridiculous...Ben goes undefeated his rookie season and gets no pro-bowl recognition? What a freakin' joke.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-09-2007, 11:53 AM
The draw for players and the pro bowl is the fact that it's a vacation, not that they play in a packed stadium. And besides, not many people skip it other than Tom Brady.

That was sort of my point...these players HAVE to market themselves...put the game back in the continental states so that the average fan gets a chance to see a bunch of pro-bowlers. Make the incident a marketing incident instead of a vacation.
I can promise you 99.9 percents of Agents will light a fire under their players butts to be there if may mean a wider fan base...and therfore ...more commercials..more endorsements.
..and actually ALOT of people skip it!!!!
Last I checked...15 replacements this year!

Fullback&Punter
02-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I hope something crazy happens like Tiki getting to throw a TD pass to his brother. That's the only reason I watch, to see some crazy stuff in the game.

Other than that it is kind of point less. It is the worst all-star game out there. Even the NHL all star game is better. But since I love football, I'll watch.