PDA

View Full Version : Off Season whatcha going to do with your time;

ChronoCross
02-07-2007, 02:53 AM
Well the wife done some really nice painting with a new design in the bedroom getting ready for the arrival of the new bedroom suit. So we have decided here in a couple weeks were going to strip down the Steelers Room and Living Room. Were going to do the Steelers room with a solid black semi gloss paint and then the wife has this kit from walmart that lets her do nice swirl strips which she will take the steelers yellow and swirl over the top of that. Then the living room she is going to do with a solid white background and swirl stripes into it. I have to order new switches outlets covers. But will be doing Steelers switches and outlet covers. She wants me to order a new Steelers Light for the Steelers room. So it should look really nice. And we have a few more ideals we want to do. Season has taken its damage on some of my out doors stuff and will put up a new mailbox, and new flag. By this upcoming season start I will be sporting a new freshly designed home front for other fans to walk thru hehe. Live in colts land so my oldest daughter came by with one of her friends and he about choked up in the steelers room and said he had to get out of here. I told him that was no problem I could put him in the pig pit were he can rest.

What would be some nice designs you all can come up with.

Indy_Steelers
02-07-2007, 06:32 AM
I am getting ready for draft day already and planning the 3 or 4 trips to Steelers games. 1 in St. Louis, in Cincy, in Canton (Aug 5th) and hopefully one in the Burgh. I also plan on taking a family vacation to the Burgh. I am working on bringing Santonio Holmes and James Harrison to Indianapolis to sign autographs with the help of the SteelCity Mafia (http://www.steelcitymafia.com). Lastly I hope to be involved in the planning of the Steeler Fan Convention in the Burgh.

HometownGal
02-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Going to enjoy the start of the NASCAR season, work out at the gym and look forward to camp! :tt02:

stillers4me
02-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Hey, HTG......how about you, me and FCG sign up for that women's training camp and show those guys how to play some football?????????

HometownGal
02-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Hey, HTG......how about you, me and FTC sign up for that women's training camp and show those guys how to play some football?????????

Hey - I'm all for it! :cheers:

stlrtruck
02-07-2007, 07:08 AM
First, I'm going to enjoy time with my family. There are some days that hearing my little girl tear through the house that just excites me. I'll also start on more of the transition to a Steeler's Girl...so whoever wants to help send donations to (J/k)!

Then I'll be preparing for the draft in April and after the schedule comes out, I'll be preparing for a weekend trip to Da 'Burgh.

After that it'll be a family vacation, and then THE SEASON!!!!

floodcitygirl
02-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Chronocross your Steeler room sounds awesome! Think about posting some pics when you get it done! :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
First, I'm going to enjoy time with my family. There are some days that hearing my little girl tear through the house that just excites me. I'll also start on more of the transition to a Steeler's Girl...so whoever wants to help send donations to (J/k)!

Then I'll be preparing for the draft in April and after the schedule comes out, I'll be preparing for a weekend trip to Da 'Burgh.

After that it'll be a family vacation, and then THE SEASON!!!!

AWWWWW...dude..my kids are 12 & 11 now...I miss the pitter patter of their feet already!!!!

As far as what I am going to do this off season...THERE IS NO OFF SEASON...There are four seasons to the year....Pre-season..Football Season..Free agency..and the Draft!!!

I am already psyched (like its not obvious by my posts) for the first draft of the Tomlin era!!!!,...and cant wait until the begginging of March when the draft publications come out...(Pro-football Weekly Draft edition is my personal favorite)

I finished my steeler bathroom for my boy...and have to tell you it came out GREAT!!!....My Bear fan buddy asked my to do his bathroom...but I declined...(no motivation to do a good job)

memphissteelergirl
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
I work part-time at the local minor league baseball park so that will take up some of my time, along with some volunteer work.

Also gonna work on home improvement-painting my bedroom; finally converting my spare room to a sitting area/home office.

Apply to business school...gotta study for that darn GMAT (ugh).

Make plans to go to St. Louis for the Steeler game-my first one! :banana: Hope the checkbook cooperates, tho'....lol :wink02:

83-Steelers-43
02-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Meeting up with my sister in Venice and then heading south to Sicily for about two weeks. If the Penguins make the playoffs I will be attending the playoff games. At some point hit up Latrobe. That's about all I have planned at this point in time.

Oh, also becoming an uncle (again) in August.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I work part-time at the local minor league baseball park so that will take up some of my time, along with some volunteer work.

Also gonna work on home improvement-painting my bedroom; finally converting my spare room to a sitting area/home office.

Apply to business school...gotta study for that darn GMAT (ugh).

Make plans to go to St. Louis for the Steeler game-my first one! :banana: Hope the checkbook cooperates, tho'....lol :wink02:

MSG...I have talked to about three or four other forum members who will be there...As soon as we find out the date...We all need to start planning!!!!...For those who have never been there...The Holiday Inn is connected to the stadium and you can walk from the hotel to the stadium without ever going outside!!!...(also ask your employer for permission to use a business or government discount...I stayed at the Westin in Indianapolis for $64.00)

wiqidjuggalo
02-07-2007, 09:51 AM
I plan on being at Heinz Field on draft day then spending as much time with my kids (3 and 1) then going to Latrobe for training camp and then hopefully if the cash flow permits I will be attending my first Steelers game!!! other than that not much else to do but wait till the season starts...

memphissteelergirl
02-07-2007, 11:33 AM
MSG...I have talked to about three or four other forum members who will be there...As soon as we find out the date...We all need to start planning!!!!...For those who have never been there...The Holiday Inn is connected to the stadium and you can walk from the hotel to the stadium without ever going outside!!!...(also ask your employer for permission to use a business or government discount...I stayed at the Westin in Indianapolis for $64.00)

I hear ya, LLT! I think a couple of other folks from another steelernation.com are also planning on going, too. Aren't there a lot of Steeler fans in IN and IA, too? So there should be alot of Black and Gold there! :tt02: :tt02:

polamalufan43
02-07-2007, 02:46 PM
I am waiting for draft day and planning for training camp. I'm probably going to occupy myself with little projects.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2007, 03:00 PM
I am getting ready for draft day already and planning the 3 or 4 trips to Steelers games. 1 in St. Louis, in Cincy, in Canton (Aug 5th) and hopefully one in the Burgh. I also plan on taking a family vacation to the Burgh. I am working on bringing Santonio Holmes and James Harrison to Indianapolis to sign autographs with the help of the SteelCity Mafia (http://www.steelcitymafia.com). Lastly I hope to be involved in the planning of the Steeler Fan Convention in the Burgh.

That would be freaking sweet if Holmes and Harrison came to Indy. Keep me posted. I'm only 3 hours from Indy. Man for all of us Steelers fans in Colts country we have to listen to this stupid crap about the Colts winning it all.

Plus I'm also in Bears country. I'm only 55 miles from Chicago. So I'm so glad the Super Bowl if over. Was tired of hearing about and you had some people that were happy no matter who won. I was talking to a some people at the local bar I hang out and they saw my Steelers leather coat. So they asked who I was rooting for and I said the Bears. Noway I could ever root for Peyton Manning. They replied to me we're fans of both the Colts and Bears so the outcome didn't matter to them. I hate when fans do that shit. I don't hear of Steelers fans doing that shit say if the Steelers play the Eagles next year in the Super Bowl. Forone no Steelers fan ever would be happy with a Steelers loss in a Super Bowl. I'm still not over Super Bowl XXX but the Super Bowl XL win did help some.:tt02:

ChronoCross
02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Chronocross your Steeler room sounds awesome! Think about posting some pics when you get it done! :tt02:

It should be only a few weeks. I know how the wife is about getting things done. After that Ill post some pics..

RoethlisBURGHer
02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Plan for the draft,watch to see who we cut/trade/sign in FA,get geared up for TC,then let the season begin.

I will also be working,looking for a new job till I get one,hanging with my gf and hopefully future fiance (proposing in Valentines Day as long as I get my income tax in time),and pklaying with her 1 year old punkaroo Angel.

BOXCAR JOEY
02-07-2007, 08:40 PM
i figure i'll take up knitting to past the time till the season comes back

melroseplace
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
hanging with my gf and hopefully future fiance (proposing in Valentines Day)

good luck with that! :smile:

I'm spending my off-season doing schoolwork...what fun!
starting in April I'm going to be giving tours at Heinz Field so I'm pretty excited about that. once draft day rolls around then I'll officially start the countdown til camp (that that I'm not already anxious for it :bouncy:)

NV STEELERS 723
02-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Since its 70 degrees here I'm going to start playing more golf on Fridays..... and playing in my tournaments twice a month on Sundays...I can't wait to wear shorts to work again...but by then it will be 100 + degrees so then I have to get used to the heat again :-(

So golf, and TV golf..... A

NV STEELERS 723
02-07-2007, 09:12 PM
And I'm looking forward to the draft.........!!!!!!

MommyDoc
02-07-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm looking forward to the Pens making the playoffs and watching NASCAR. I get to go to Bristol in March and again in August!! I'll be interested in following the draft, and I hope to be able to score invites to the Women's football camp I've heard about here. My one office nurse would LOVE to go there with me (she's a huge Ben fan). My aunt live about 5 miles from St. Vincent's so I think I'll be visiting her in July/August!!!

steelerbackr4life
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
In my spare time I will be playing ice hockey and 4 wheeling in my Jeep.

Once baseball season starts I spend alot of time in N.Y. I have 4 seats at Yankees Stadium (I have just officialy outed myself as a Yankee fan).

We are going to Disney world in May.

My family and 30 of our close friends are going on a cruise in July we do it every year.

At the end of summer I am going to be in the Burgh/Latrobe for Training Camp it would be awesome if we could get a group from here to meet up!

lambert_58
02-08-2007, 03:50 AM
looking forward to the draft....training camp....preseason....regular seaon...the countdown has begun

steelersfanmx
02-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Working hard and save money...
who knows...maybe this year could be my first time in steel city...!!!!:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

steelcity58
02-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Besides work...ride my sportbikes...watch the WSBK, AMA Superbike , Supersport, and Formula 1 seasons.

Plenty of sports...racing...:jammin:

steelpinstripe72
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm in grad school, so I'll have plenty of work to keep me busy. My dad told me, "You'll have to follow hockey!" Sorry. I get so emotionally invested during football season that I need a break until baseball season starts. I like watching hockey...just not a fan of any particular team.

DJfan
02-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Fix up the house. Hopefully move, but it's a longshot. Scout the draft. What an addict.

Good luck on the proposal, bro! only a few days!

stlrtruck
02-09-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm paint balling with my son today! He got a gun for Christmas and I got one for my b-day. So he's off school, I took off work and we're going to have some fun! Maybe this will become an off-season tradition!