PDA

View Full Version : who will beat it

sheba
02-07-2007, 07:41 AM
who will beat LT most TD in a season or how long will it stand

HometownGal
02-07-2007, 07:46 AM
I don't think there is a presently a back out there who is of the calibre of LT, so I can't answer this one.

Moving to NFL Forum.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-07-2007, 08:02 AM
it should stand for awhile...Its possible LJ could do it but the team needs to get better

stlrtruck
02-07-2007, 08:13 AM
This year it will fall to a small, late round draft pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers...you guys may know him...

FAST WILLIE PARKER!!!!

Livinginthe past
02-07-2007, 08:17 AM
This year it will fall to a small, late round draft pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers...you guys may know him...

FAST WILLIE PARKER!!!!

Late round draft pick?

You sure about that? :wink02:

Its possible LT will have another shot at it this year, that Chargers awesome O-Line is young and going to get better and Rivers should continue his development at QB.

NM

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
02-07-2007, 09:56 AM

Adrian Peterson will break it if he stays healthy and ends up with a team with a decent offensive line.

Borski
02-07-2007, 10:32 AM
I think LT currently has the best shot at breaking his own title.
But mabey if we improve our O-line Wille can get it.

Willie Parker was an undrafted FA.

Big D
02-07-2007, 10:42 AM
I think the only guy who has the potential of beating it is Larry Johnson. But I dont see it happening. I think lt will beat his own records

Newzfoxjr
02-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Either LT or someone 20 years from now.

stlrtruck
02-07-2007, 01:59 PM
I think LT currently has the best shot at breaking his own title.
But mabey if we improve our O-line Wille can get it.

Willie Parker was an undrafted FA.

Thanks for the correction. I thought he was a late rounder.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2007, 03:03 PM

Ok LT had 32 TD's this year. I think this one might hold up for awhile. I just don't see any RB topping this mark in the near future. I know the TD mark has been broken a few times since 99 but 33 TD's would be a tall taks. You would have to average a little more then 2 TD's a game. 16 X 2=32

But if I had to pick somebody I think Larry Johnson might have the best shot. Hell LT could even break his own record but I doubt it.

silver & black
02-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Adrian Peterson will break it if he stays healthy and ends up with a team with a decent offensive line.

AP is no where near the caliber of back that LT is... no one currently playing, or in this year's draft is even romotely comparable.

LT is possibly the best that has ever played his position. Bo Jackson may have been the same caliber, but we will never know.

Big D
02-07-2007, 06:33 PM
AP is no where near the caliber of back that LT is... no one currently playing, or in this year's draft is even romotely comparable.

LT is possibly the best that has ever played his position. Bo Jackson may have been the same caliber, but we will never know.

I cant even imagine how dominant bo would have been if he wouldnt have jacked up his knee. I did a study on him when I was in college he was quite dynamic

tony hipchest
02-07-2007, 06:45 PM
I cant even imagine how dominant bo would have been if he wouldnt have jacked up his knee. I did a study on him when I was in college he was quite dynamicstupid bungle cracking his hip bone in half didnt help much either. LT's record will stand about as long as marinos td record did. no one even knows who will break it cause they are still probably in grade school. LT has a chance but i think its a longshot.

silver & black
02-07-2007, 07:00 PM
stupid bungle cracking his hip bone in half didnt help much either. LT's record will stand about as long as marinos td record did. no one even knows who will break it cause they are still probably in grade school. LT has a chance but i think its a longshot.

When that happened, I knew it was all over. I knew in my heart that the greatest athlete of my time would never play again. If Bo could have had a 10 year career, I think we would all be wondering if LT could catch Bo.

tony hipchest
02-07-2007, 07:15 PM
When that happened, I knew it was all over. I knew in my heart that the greatest athlete of my time would never play again. If Bo could have had a 10 year career, I think we would all be wondering if LT could catch Bo.one of the best running back displays i have seen was bo vs barry sanders on MNF.

silver & black
02-07-2007, 07:25 PM
one of the best running back displays i have seen was bo vs barry sanders on MNF.

Yep, that was great.

To this day, I can't help but think that if Bo wouldn't have had a career ending injury, The Raiders would have won a couple more Superbowls... he was that good.

sumo
02-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Yep, that was great.

To this day, I can't help but think that if Bo wouldn't have had a career ending injury, The Raiders would have won a couple more Superbowls... he was that good.

I would have to agree and go further - I think if he had stayed healthy and dropped baseball, he would have been the best of all time...but since he considered football "a hobby" - it's doubtful that he would have ever done that.

tony hipchest
02-07-2007, 07:36 PM
I would have to agree and go further - I think if he had stayed healthy and dropped baseball, he would have been the best of all time...but since he considered football "a hobby" - it's doubtful that he would have ever done that.waiting til week 7 or so, for bo to join the team had to be a pain. i remember being pissed when d. sanders showed up for a pirates game after playing football earlier that day.

silver & black
02-07-2007, 07:39 PM
I would have to agree and go further - I think if he had stayed healthy and dropped baseball, he would have been the best of all time...but since he considered football "a hobby" - it's doubtful that he would have ever done that.

Its hard to believe that he was that good at baseball and football. Actually, he was better at football, and he was smart to make it a hobby. Baseball players have longer careers and make more money... kind of ironic that his hobby ruined his baseball career.

Well, I seem to have hijacked this thread... my apologies. Back on topic... I don't think anyone will break LT's record. I'm not sure LT can break it. What he did is amazing, and I think it will stand for a long time.

tony hipchest
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
and even if bo did play a full season, and full career, i think LT wouldve broke his td mark this year too.

silver & black
02-07-2007, 07:45 PM
and even if bo did play a full season, and full career, i think LT wouldve broke his td mark this year too.

I can't argue that LT wouldn't... the guy is simply amazing.